10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Biden would be better off getting rid of all the trump stink even if a few good people like Fauci have to go.

It just makes him a thorn in bidens side having to deal with the leftover stank on his hang low
    What? Hell no.

Fauci has been the Director of NIAID since 1984, through Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Bush Jr., and Obama, before finally getting to Trump. Biden has zero need to get rid of Fauci.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden would be better off getting rid of all the trump stink even if a few good people like Fauci have to go.

It just makes him a thorn in bidens side having to deal with the leftover stank on his hang low
    Nuance is a thing, as others here have pointed out.
    /s

Fauci has been an advisor for 6 presidents. He's not really part of "Trump's stink".

10+ Year Old Account

No, it wouldn't be. Fauci isn't a Trump appointee, he has been serving for decades throughout multiple administrations. Getting rid of Fauci just because he advised Trump would be asinine, just like Trump tried to get rid of literally anything Obama had touched.

Biden isn't an idiot like Trump who will seek to destroy everything related to the previous administration. Biden will, like a sane person, get rid of much of Trump's cabinet (because most of them are corrupt or incompetent) and proceed to roll back Trump policies that are harmful to the USA. On the policies that aren't harmful he won't arbitrarily get rid of them out of pure spite, because Biden isn't an narcissistic egomaniac. We will rejoin the Paris Climate Accords, cease our withdrawal from the WHO, and continue to negotiate with China on trade policy. I doubt he'll just end the trade war, he'll find places to compromise on and hopefully leverage places where we are in an advantageous position. Because, I cannot stress this enough, Biden is not a man-child that is fueled by spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

So apparently the orange clown intends to keep on doing "campaign" rallies.
    It was ever all about the attention for this narcissist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    So apparently the orange clown intends to keep on doing "campaign" rallies.
    It was ever all about the attention for this narcissist.
    With what money, exactly?

The only reason he was doing rallies was because the Gov. was footing the bill and they ditched every location before paying.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    With what money, exactly?

The only reason he was doing rallies was because the Gov. was footing the bill and they ditched every location before paying.
    Maybe his cult members will keep funding him. Charge admission to his fascist gatherings.

What makes you think that can't happen still?

10+ Year Old Account
    What makes you think that can't happen still?
    Come Jan. 20, there won't be an Airforce One waiting to whisk him away.

And cities will be much more willing to sue for the money he owes them.

Come Jan. 20, there won't be an Airforce One waiting to whisk him away.
    We're really only talking about his lame duck period. What's stopping him from campaining during this time?

10+ Year Old Account
    We're really only talking about his lame duck period. What's stopping him from campaining during this time?
    Oh nothing, I thought you were saying that even after he's gone he wanted to do rallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh nothing, I thought you were saying that even after he's gone he wanted to do rallies.
    The rumors continue that he'll do that from Mar-a-Lago on his new "reality" TV show.

He probably does lol. But we don't need to entertain that. Let's just stick to while he's still president.

10+ Year Old Account
    He probably does lol. But we don't need to entertain that. Let's just stick to while he's still president.
    I’m a bit suprised he doesn’t have any scheduled now... as fucked as it sounds, I expected him to take his voting conspiracy on the road.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I’m a bit suprised he doesn’t have any scheduled now... as fucked as it sounds, I expected him to take his voting conspiracy on the road.
    What Trump does means less and less. By January no one will care what he says or does except for pardons and executive orders and other things that are binding after he leaves.

Trump is finished. His remaining task is to humiliate the republican party and especially his supporters as much as he wants until Biden takes over.

Well... that is exactly what the media is reporting. That will be the topic of his next tour. So the rumor goes anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true. He can't live without the attention and rush he got from those demented rallies.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2020-11-09 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm 85.33333%, repeating of course, surprised. Yes, Team Trump is both demoralized and also distracted by all that golfing. I mean, completely legitimate lawsuits they're filing. Yeah. And it's not like a couret case will be swung by a rally.

But:

1) I don't think Trump knows that. I think he believes court cases are decided in the court of public opinion. I think he believes all things are decided there.

2) He needs to keep his base riled up and angry if he's going to start terrorist riots, which is still an option for him.

3) Rallies are therapy for him. Trump loves nothing more than to stand before a (cough partially) packed crowd and hear people cheer how much they love him. You'd think he'd need a dose of that like an extra-large order of fries right now.

4) It would be another way to funnel what's left of his campaign's money into his pockets before paying outstanding debts to other places.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... that is exactly what the media is reporting. That will be the topic of his next tour. So the rumor goes anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be true. He can't live without the attention and rush he got from those demented rallies.
    The problem with his rallies as ‘sue to the presidancy’ being the topic, is sort of insurrection. He can’t go back on the road, before he conceded.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    George Conway is throwing some spicy shade.

so I'm thinking maybe the solution is we get Sheldon Aldelson or somebody to build a fake Oval Office at the Doral with rubber walls and a TV with a 24/7 simulated OAN feed telling him what a great president for life he is

and a smartphone with just Parler on it (we give him a fake EO to sign banning all other TV networks and Twitter) all with attendants in white coats bringing him medicated Cokes and Big Macs

The Leftist in me is super jelly at the Lincoln Project!
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    No. You cannot “both sides” this.
    Yeah actually I can because it’s true. The left likes to go after the right about social distancing, but the left has protests, riots, and parades. I definitely can “both” sides this. Everyone on both sides of the aisle is responsible for Covid running rampant.