10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    I'm actually not sure what the procedures are. I don't think many of our founders anticipated a situation where the outgoing president would act like a petulant despot, but I'd also love to have an answer.
    Their pretext for not making that information available to Biden is that the states have not confirmed his victory. The electors casting their votes for him would demonstrably remove that pretext.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    So . . .

Just to lighten the anxiety a bit, someone did this: www.loser.com
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    So, quick question. Once the electoral college votes Biden mid December. Is he entitled to demand some of that stuff or does he formally have to be sworn in in January?
    Once it's official that he's won (via this EC vote mid-December) some things are supposed to be transferred immediately regardless of what Trump wants. The Karen at the GSA, for example, MUST sign over the funds once the EC vote is done (or Trump concedes).

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Their pretext for not making that information available to Biden is that the states have not confirmed his victory. The electors casting their votes for him would demonstrably remove that pretext.

Yeah I think once the electors cast their votes and Biden is confirmed they have to by law. Up until now its just been common courtesy/tradition to do so before then. but we normally have the loser concede at this point too.

I want to say it was a little late starting in 2000 as well while the courts were deciding the race, but obviously that was an entirely different situation.

Top Republicans are giving Trump a week or two to get his shit in order -

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-u...-idUKKBN27Q34Q

A handful of Republican senators have said they recognize Biden as last week’s winner. Many more have not but are suggesting limits to their patience in giving Trump the benefit of the doubt.

Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, a state that Trump won handily last week, said in a statement that Biden is leading in enough states to win election “and President Donald Trump’s campaign must produce evidence to support allegations of election fraud.”

Portman added that he hoped states and courts would move “expeditiously” to resolve the matter.

Behind the scenes, some were more explicit.

“I think the goal here is to give the president and his campaign team some space to demonstrate there is real evidence to support any claims of voter fraud. If there is, then they will be litigated quickly. If not, we’ll all move on,” said one senior Senate Republican aide.

A second such aide, while noting that most Republican senators support Trump’s right to refuse to concede, added that failing any surprise revelations, “At some point this has to give. And I give it a week or two.”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Congress’s top Republican, delivered a stinging speech that sounded more like a continuation of 2020 campaign rhetoric than a post-election call for getting down to business.

While defending Trump’s challenge of the election result, McConnell took time to chastise “far-left mobs” that engaged in “summertime rioting” following the death of George Floyd while in police custody.

McConnell also hinted at something far less than prolonged litigation, such as was seen in the 2000 contest between George W. Bush and Al Gore: “Suffice to say a few legal inquiries from the president do not exactly spell the end of the Republic.”

Meanwhile, Republican Senator Marco Rubio late on Monday refused to recognize Biden as the president-elect yet.

But responding to reporters’ questions about unsubstantiated fraud allegations in hotly contested states such as Pennsylvania, Rubio said he was in no position to know what was going on anywhere outside his home state of Florida.

Another matter was higher in some senators’ minds -- a pair of runoff elections in Georgia on Jan. 5 that will determine whether Republicans maintain control of the Senate next year or must turn it over to Democrats.

Asked about the battle Trump is waging against Biden, Republican Senator Mike Rounds said, “No. 1, we have to focus on Georgia and how critical that is as a backstop right now for limiting the amount of major changes that a number of our Democratic colleagues have suggested.”

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/stat...45891811569668

Why's Trump having the front lawn dug up? Is he prepping for a burning cross? New astroturf? Killing the garden before Biden can get there?
    He realized that he lost and is going for a literal "scorched earth strategy"?

10+ Year Old Account
    Build the wall!

Dig the moat!
    /s

https://twitter.com/betsy_klein/stat...45891811569668

Why's Trump having the front lawn dug up? Is he prepping for a burning cross? New astroturf? Killing the garden before Biden can get there?
    They're looking for the missing ballots. Rudy gave them the lead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Queue the "I was hacked" excuse.
    He went with the "I was just quoting a message that a follower sent me, but I'm a computer illiterate and fucked it up" excuse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Once it's official that he's won (via this EC vote mid-December) some things are supposed to be transferred immediately regardless of what Trump wants. The Karen at the GSA, for example, MUST sign over the funds once the EC vote is done (or Trump concedes).
    Would "Don't worry. I'll pardon you" cover this fuckery? I kind of feel like we'll find out.

looking at alll these firings and hirings....trumps building his own deep state lol.

**Ezra Cohen-Watnick alarmbell*

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Build the wall!

Dig the moat!
    Swamp the drain!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    looking at alll these firings and hirings....trumps building his own deep state lol.

**Ezra Cohen-Watnick alarmbell*
    https://twitter.com/AaronMehta/statu...82583613779968

Jesus...yeah, Trump is straight up building his own "DEEP STATE" shadow government of hardcore, unqualified loyalists in the twilight hours of the end of his presidency. He's looking to do as much damage as he can before the lease is up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    He went with the "I was just quoting a message that a follower sent me, but I'm a computer illiterate and fucked it up" excuse.
    You at least have to give him points for creativity.
    Forum badass alert:
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Jesus...yeah, Trump is straight up building his own "DEEP STATE" shadow government of hardcore, unqualified loyalists in the twilight hours of the end of his presidency. He's looking to do as much damage as he can before the lease is up.
    So Karen is a religion now? With an orange male idol? Who would have thought.

Those guys will have to do the transition and can plausibly deny knowing anything that went on over the last four years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    looking at alll these firings and hirings
    A slew of Pentagon officials resigned Tuesday, a day after Trump fired Defense Secretary Mark Esper, spurring a leadership shakeup at the Defense Department.

The swift exits, which come a day after Trump fired Esper via Twitter, have raised fears that the administration is looking to quickly fill the Pentagon with loyalists who can help push through controversial executive actions in the roughly 70 days before Trump must leave the White House.

House Armed Services Committee Chairman Adam Smith (D-Wash.) said Tuesday that it is “hard to overstate just how dangerous high-level turnover at the Department of Defense is during a period of presidential transition.”

The resignations “could mark the beginning of a process of gutting the DoD – something that should alarm all Americans,” Smith said in a statement released after Anderson departed.

“As soon as Former Vice President Biden became President-Elect Biden, President Trump and those loyal to him started to sow chaos and division. It appears that chaos has now reached the Pentagon.”

Smith also raised alarms over Anderson’s replacement, retired Army Brig. Gen. Anthony Tata, Trump’s controversial nominee for the job.

Tata, a frequent Fox News commentator, this summer was forced to pull his name from consideration for the Pentagon’s top policy position when his past Islamophobic tweets resurfaced. In the tweets, Tata called Obama a “terrorist leader” and a "Manchurian candidate,” and called Islam the "most oppressive violent religion I know of."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    So what are the odds we get to see it on TV.. an overweight orange man in his middle 70s getting pulled by his feet from the white house throwing a temper tantrum?
    I'm kinda hopin for a Fresh Prince of Bel Air thing. Throwing the guy out the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Yeah... it’s looking like it will be a new case record today... it’s currently ~130k with at least 6K more from unreported states, and probably some more from updated state counts.

Edit: a new record on TUESDAY is a reaaaaally bad sign for the rest of the week.

Last edited by swiftowner; 2020-11-11 at 12:23 AM.