While our campaign finance laws are currently garbage, that's a bit of a stretch. A PAC can't buy a media station.

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    With the millions he is grifting from his supporters for a fake Legal Defense Fund.
    I have a feeling that's going to turn into a REAL Legal Defense Fund once he leaves office. Plenty of people lined up with lawsuits once the protections of the office aren't in place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    While our campaign finance laws are currently garbage, that's a bit of a stretch. A PAC can't buy a media station.
    He could always transfer money from the PAC to himself, like his inauguration slush fund.

Is it legal? Hmm, probably not. But it is a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    My assumption is that Trump will simply buy OANN once out of office and rebrand it to Trump TV.

With what money I have no idea.
    With what money? He's got hundreds of millions in loans that are coming due.

No US bank will touch him.
    Deutche Bank is looking to drop him and the debt he owes them.

He doesn't have a ton of liquid assets, given that he always talks about his wealth through his properties.

He won't buy them, he'll license his "Trump" brand to them and get paid for it, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    He could always transfer money from the PAC to himself, like his inauguration slush fund.

Is it legal? Hmm, probably not. But it is a possibility.
    It's very much not legal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    It's very much not legal.
    Since when has Trump ever let silly things like "What he wants to do is illegal" stop him?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Since when has Trump ever let silly things like "What he wants to do is illegal" stop him?
    He can totally do it... but I'm pretty sure he'll find a Biden DOJ is much less friendly to him than his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    My assumption is that Trump will simply buy OANN once out of office and rebrand it to Trump TV.

With what money I have no idea.
    so oann gonna be bankrupt by end of 2021, thats nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm... Doctors Without Borders are coming to help with US covid crisis... that seems... very bad...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... Doctors Without Borders are coming to help with US covid crisis... that seems... very bad...
    In just four years, we've functionally achieved Third World status under Trump and the Republican party.

I'm so proud that America is Great Again.

Seriously though, I'm glad they're coming. Everything I've been reading/hearing is that there's no long just a bottleneck of getting doctors/resources to where the hotspots are...it's that the whole country is now functionally a hotspot and there simply aren't enough beds/doctors period.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Nov. 1: 76,771
    Nov. 2: 86,589
    Nov. 3: 91,910
    Nov. 4: 104,296
    Nov. 5: 121,289
    Nov. 6: 126,731
    Nov. 7: 125,100
    Nov. 8: 109,177
    Nov. 9: 133,819
    Nov. 10: 131,990
    Nov. 11: 148,302
    Remember... New cases are a lagging indicator.

Mark Zuckerberg told an all-staff meeting that Steve Bannon has not violated enough policies to be suspended from Facebook. The ex-Trump adviser suggested in a now-removed video that FBI Director Christopher Wray and Dr. Anthony Fauci should be beheaded

I posted this in Facebook thread and while nobody has to read all my posts, this is pretty important so I hope more people catch it here.

Zuckerberg is dangerous. Is Zuckerberg becoming more dangerous than Murdoch at Fox? Murdoch has 20 years, but Facebook is doing one hell of a job supporting fascism and letting it flourish.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Mark Zuckerberg told an all-staff meeting that Steve Bannon has not violated enough policies to be suspended from Facebook. The ex-Trump adviser suggested in a now-removed video that FBI Director Christopher Wray and Dr. Anthony Fauci should be beheaded

I posted this in Facebook thread and while nobody has to read all my posts, this is pretty important so I hope more people catch it here.

Zuckerberg is dangerous. Is Zuckerberg becoming more dangerous than Murdoch at Fox? Murdoch has 20 years, but Facebook is doing one hell of a job supporting fascism and letting it flourish.
    I don't know if people remember this but he wanted to run for office maybe he sees the right as his chance, he went full Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In just four years, we've functionally achieved shithole status under Trump and the Republican party.

I'm so proud that America is Great Again.

Seriously though, I'm glad they're coming. Everything I've been reading/hearing is that there's no long just a bottleneck of getting doctors/resources to where the hotspots are...it's that the whole country is now functionally a hotspot and there simply aren't enough beds/doctors period.
    had to fix that for ya. We should use the new modern reality tv terminology instead of old cold war terminology.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on how we gauge. in the US? I think both are equally as dangerous, and equally responsible for the position the country is in right now. Globally I think Zuckerberg might be the most dangerous man alive.

For sure. the amount of death threats I have reported that go unpunished is scary. I also have reported two profiles that have been spamming insane lies 24/7 since the election and nothing is being done. There is also no way to actually contact anyone at FB.

Zuckerberg is a piece of shit. But he's allowed to dictate what messages are and aren't ok for his company. The simple fact of the matter is that, when rational people leave Facebook, then all that's left are the morons and they are now the customer base Zuckerberg he has to appeal to.

I feel like if we as a country improved our educational system and made ethics important in business, then Zuckerberg, Facebook, Trump, etc. wouldn't have very much power.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Zuckerberg is a piece of shit. But he's allowed to dictate what messages are and aren't ok for his company. The simple fact of the matter is that, when rational people leave Facebook, then all that's left are the morons and they are now the customer base Zuckerberg he has to appeal to.

I feel like if we as a country improved our educational system and made ethics important in business, then Zuckerberg, Facebook, Trump, etc. wouldn't have very much power.
    Mark Zuckerberg is scum. He's had one simple goal, the accumulation of as power and influence as possible. De-platforming Bannon means less power. He wouldn't deplatform Hitler, were he alive today. Because it would mean the Nazis would go somewhere else to hear their Fuhrer's voice.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I think one of the worst parts about Trump leaving office with COVID escalating to epic proportions now (as predicted for Winter), is he is now successfully seen as a scapegoat for the problem *and* the deaths rather than the CCP. It's really dividing America.
    Because he is the problem and the reason for the deaths. If we would have had ANYONE in there over the last 40 years or so as president, they would have done a better fucking job than Trump ever has, on just about everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    I mean, Biden won as it is. There's a lot that could be said for COVID but this apparently isn't the place even if Trump is hugely related to it. So now all that remains to be seen for me as a rational person is what will come next for

1. His refusal to concede power and his circle's undermining of Biden as it is
    2. Trump's life. Will he just resume his businessman life in silence or remain in politics
    3. what kids (or schools in general) will think and say about Trump some years down the line when he is immortalized in text as a leader

It's not over for Trump talk just yet
    Nope, he will forever be known as the worst president in my lifetime, and the worst since Andrew Jackson.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, we have surpassed 150,000 COVID cases in one day now and the day isn't even over yet.

I thought Trump said COVID was going to disappear on November 4?
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Welp, we have surpassed 150,000 COVID cases in one day now and the day isn't even over yet.

I thought Trump said COVID was going to disappear on November 4?
    I thought Trump said...Ahh here it is:
    It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.