10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    At least go through the first couple of pages of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    One day I should go through all the old posts and find that kind of stuff. Nothing like a classic "you'll all burn" from Sulla when it came to supporting a pedophile of his or some R name saying Trump would be the greatest ever.
    Sulla deleted his account... you can only read his posts as quoted by others.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

.You may have heard that Democrats and Republicans have agreed upon spending $900 billion to fund another round of small business loans, support hospitals and essential workers, and help the 10 million people who lost their jobs through no fault of their own. (2/5)
    https://twitter.com/RepKatiePorter/s...533929984?s=19

This has been reported and I believe we have a thread on this for McConnell.

No surprise that one person is holding up funding to protect businesses. Now a possible argument for frivolous lawsuits of customers or employees suing when it might be difficult to prove if responsible.

Yet of course there is a case if business choose to be reckless or callous regard. Still let the courts decide, which let's face it likely pro-business with example of Gorsuch.

So people will get angry blame one side or both sides l, when it is one person.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

That's because all of the hardcore ones were permabanned long ago.
    They are still lurking in the gun megathread, they were all prepping to spam these boards if Trump won.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...95746029121537

i get the crazy republicans
    but trumps post election antics proving exactly why i voted against him, that he would fundementally become an autocrat with the support of gop is 100% true
    but i cant get over/forget the "leftist" who enable trump with " oh hes just trolling" or " oh hes just channeling working class economic anxiety" no fuck you theres nothing about being working class that means you have to fundementally want to destroy our country and no i am no longer going to empathize with any trump voter because its clear they are just sycophant nihilist, and people like glenn greenwald and matt taibi are part of the cult with their apologism supposedly from the left.

also lets stop pretending that the working class have the worst deal in the whole fucking world
    alot of them talk about how many guns they own, own a ford f150 truck, go to BOAT parades, the poverty in the us is about 13,000$ and most trump supporters make 40,000$, i actually live on a poverty salary and ill tell you my life isnt that bad you just need to save and rent a place you can AFFORD and dont live on credit. i remember republicans use to be the party of "fiscal responsibility"
    Last edited by arandomuser; 2020-12-09 at 03:48 PM.

At least go through the first couple of pages of this thread.

Remember when Tillerson calling Trump a moron was what was in the news for a couple days, instead of thousands of dead americans each day? oof.
    Or when Trump looking at an eclipse was the stupidest thing he did.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/08/u...mes-trump.html

WASHINGTON — The House overwhelmingly passed a $741 billion defense policy bill on Tuesday that would require that Confederate names be stripped from American military bases, defying President Trump’s veto threat and moving lawmakers one step closer to a potential showdown in his final weeks in office.

The 335-78 bipartisan vote to approve the legislation that authorizes pay raises for American troops reflected optimism among lawmakers in both parties that Congress would be able to force the enactment of the bill over Mr. Trump’s objections, in what would be the first veto override of his presidency. The margin surpassed the two-thirds majority both the House and Senate would need to muster to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or when Trump looking at an eclipse was the stupidest thing he did.
    Good times, good times.

- - - Updated - - -

I see we're in the "total absolute meltdown" phase of Trump losing, as the EC certification looms ever closer.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't be so disappointed, you can still keep your confederate flag and mutter to yourself about how much better off you'd be if the south won.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see we're in the "total absolute meltdown" phase of Trump losing
    Let me guess...a couple of sentences with three random Caps, nearly half ALL CAPS, and accusations at a Republican?

(checks feed)

Oh...well that's disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’d say it’s a veiled attempt at inciting violence. I see no other explanation for why they’d make such a comment. They want supporters to take the risk of catching COVID and protest? I don’t think so.
    You're ignoring the point; sure, it certainly sounds like it's inciting violence, but it's a "veiled" attempt, which is the point. You don't win convictions on "veiled attempts". And there was no subsequent violence to point out as a direct consequence of the veiled attempt, either.

- - - Updated - - -

That's because all of the hardcore ones were permabanned long ago.
    Weird, Donatello Trumpi hasn't been on since just before the election. I wonder why...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Weird, Donatello Trumpi hasn't been on since just before the election. I wonder why...
    Trumpi hasn’t been back on the site since his last ban... he is not currently banned.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    To no great surprise, Trump gets the title of "most tone-deaf tweet" of the pandemic:

Trump points what he thinks is a burn on Chancellor Merkel and the people who suggest that he be more like her. But a few problems with this:

1. While 590 deaths yesterday in Germany is a very, very bad day for Germany, it's only about half the deaths per capita that the US had on the same day.
    2. In fact, their total death count per capita is only about a quarter of the US's under Trump.
    3. Most importantly, he's pointing out that Angela Merkel is actually doing something productive to try and keep her people safe, whereas Trump is throwing a temper tantrum on Twitter.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Someone tell Trump that the USA had more new cases in the last 7 days than Germany had cumulative cases for the entire time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Someone tell Trump that the USA had more new cases in the last 7 days than Germany had cumulative cases for the entire time.
    Wait, what? No, that can't be...

<checks>

...ahem. It's actually the last six days, not even seven.

(...SMDH...)

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Veto-proof majority in the House. We'll see how the Senate shakes out.

House passes defense spending bill with veto-proof majority despite Trump opposition

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Veto-proof majority in the House. We'll see how the Senate shakes out.

House passes defense spending bill with veto-proof majority despite Trump opposition
    Something something Lindsey Graham something something McConnell something something Cruz.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Something something Lindsey Graham something something McConnell something something Cruz.
    Yes, and? Pretty sure McConnell wants to pass this because he doesn't want "The GOP blocked the military's payday" on his hands. What Graham and Cruz want is immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Yes, and? Pretty sure McConnell wants to pass this because he doesn't want "The GOP blocked the military's payday" on his hands. What Graham and Cruz want is immaterial.
    I'm with you. Just be prepared to listen to the usual GOP whinging from morons like Graham, Cruz and the other racist asshats in the GOP.

McConnell wants this to pass with a veto proof majority so he can try to convince Trump to not veto it because if Trump does, then McConnell is forced to overwrite it and that is a bad look for the GOP.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    McConnell wants this to pass with a veto proof majority so he can try to convince Trump to not veto it because if Trump does, then McConnell is forced to overwrite it and that is a bad look for the GOP.
    As if Trump gives a shit about how he makes the GOP look.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    As if Trump gives a shit about how he makes the GOP look.
    I don't believe the GOP even cares if they look bad. That train left the station YEARS ago.