The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fucking hell...even if we start the clock in Feb 2020, that means covid killed more Americans in one year than were killed throughout 4 years of WWII, which is at roughly 405K.

I desperately hope that we don't surpass the combined total of Americans and traitors killed in the Civil War, because we're already 20K dead over the American deaths in the Civil War.
    Remember when a certain group of people freaked the fuck out over 4 people dying to something "preventable"
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Remember when a certain group of people freaked the fuck out over 4 people dying to something "preventable"
    I 'member. 'Member when a certain group of people freaked out over literally one braindead woman because they got upset that her husband had the legal right to determine what happened with her health care?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fucking hell...even if we start the clock in Feb 2020, that means covid killed more Americans in one year than were killed throughout 4 years of WWII, which is at roughly 405K.
    Well the theory is that deaths will go down what with the virus dying in out in the warmer temPRAAAAAAAUGH

God, couldn't get through that even in jest. Jeez.

In theory, the holiday surge will die down, the vaccine will eventually get spread out, etc. 4,000 dead a day for the rest of winter seems high enough.

However, the CDC did say more people will die in the next three weeks to COVID than died to the flu since...uh...

(flips through notes)

Uh...

(checks more notes)

I can't find much pre-2010 but I'm going to say "since ever". Trump handwaved the COVID risk saying

Flu season is coming up! Many people every year, sometimes over 100,000, and despite the Vaccine, die from the Flu. Are we going to close down our Country? No, we have learned to live with it, just like we are learning to live with Covid, in most populations far less lethal!!!
    which he said after it put him in the hospital personally. And that's just one of the more recent statements.

There goes Trump, breaking records all over the place. Trump can kill Americans faster than anyone else. Bigly. Yuge.

Quote Originally Posted by Leobald View Post
    Apparently Trump has difficulties finding lawyers who would be willing to work for him during his upcoming impeachement trial.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...nt-trial-nears

I wonder if he would be entitled to a public defender?
    Gee, after screwing Giuliani?

It's like finding a singer for his inauguration.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2021-01-15 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Gotcha... although I don't think Greenwald is even that. he seems more like someone who just wants to stir shit for profit.
    Gee, wonder why theo quotes him all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Gee, after screwing Giuliani?
    Is that why he was leaking? Eww.

It's not Giuliani, though. Well okay some, but not all.

Trump's legal team was pushing conspiracy theories, true, but they were hired to do that. You can't challenge an election by saying "it was all honest and legal and passed every safety check, but we still want it thrown out". If anything, Trump firing or distancing from them would make him a better client. Lawyers aren't taking this case because it would damage their reputation, they'd probably have no say in whether they win/lose (that's partisan politics) and they probably wouldn't get paid.

Which is the screwing you meant, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, let's take a look at our good friends at FOX News.

Graham releases Russia probe docs, slams original investigation as 'incompetent, corrupt'

Yep, their top headline is an exclusive, since nobody else would be running with this. Graham is still screaming into the wind that Trump got caught colluding with Russia and is desperate to change the narrative from "Trump is incompetent and is killing people". But this? It's like he's peeing into a hurricane at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Gee, wonder why theo quotes him all the time.
    Probably for the same reason she constantly plagiarizes... she's a devout Trumpste4 shill.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I've said this a dozen times but: Man, it's almost like a certain group of people actually don't believe in anything unless it benefits them to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just in case you thought supporting Trump couldn't be less effectie.

NRA files for bankruptcy

The NRA, which is based in New York, said it's exiting “what it believes is a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York” and will restructure as a Texas nonprofit. Its plan, it said, “involves utilizing the protection of the bankruptcy court.”

“The move will enable long-term, sustainable growth and ensure the NRA’s continued success as the nation’s leading advocate for constitutional freedom – free from the toxic political environment of New York,” the NRA said in a statement.

The NRA also claims it is in its “strongest financial condition in years” and said there will be no immediate changes to its operations or workforce. Texas is home to more than 400,000 NRA members and the group is holding its annual meeting in Houston in 2021.

“This strategic plan represents a pathway to opportunity, growth and progress,” NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said in a statement. “Obviously an important part of this plan is ‘dumping New York.’ The NRA is pursuing reincorporating in a state that values the contributions of the NRA, celebrates our law-abiding members, and will join us as a partner in upholding constitutional freedom. This is a transformational moment in the history of the NRA.”
    Yeah, do you know what I do when I'm in the strongest financial situation in years?

File for bankruptcy and flee town.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Are you just fear-mongering or do have any source for that?

The first estimate I found was 8% had severe case of covid-lung (but it seems likely that even that is an over-estimate; since it seems possible that the study missed asymptomatic cases and they probably are less likely to develop ARDS):
    https://www.healthline.com/health-ne...g-term-effects

30% had lung problems for Sars and Mers https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3001

And the effect often seems to disappear after a few months "At the time the patients (who had been severely hit by Covid and in ICU) were discharged from the hospital, 88 percent had lung damage, but 12 weeks later, only 56 percent did." - https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/18/h...-recovery.html
    It's in the article that was posted. You could have saved yourself the time and read it.

Aaaaand in a big surprise, remember those second doses of the Covid vaccine that people were going to get? They don't exist. It's almost like everything from Trump's run as president is half-assed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...serve-used-up/

Edited in the link from Washington Post I forgot to add.
    Last edited by Dead Moose Fandango; 2021-01-15 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Aaaaand in a big surprise, remember those second doses of the Covid vaccine that people were going to get? They don't exist. It's almost like everything from Trump's run as president is half-assed.
    ....What what now...? Were they just handed out with 0 regard for the second dose?

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    It's in the article that was posted. You could have saved yourself the time and read it.
    That link wasn't that visible and my conclusion after reading the other articles is still that it is fear-mongering; when more health-interested indicate substantially lower values.

I saved myself time by reading more serious articles.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/15/p...gon/index.html

Acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller, who will leave office in less than a week. stated that he 'cannot wait to leave this job," according to a transcript released by the Department of Defense.

The admission, during a press gaggle Thursday on his way back from a trip to Nebraska, Tennessee and Colorado, was one of a number of stunning statements from the man President Donald Trump picked to take over the position just over two months ago.

The comments came the same day the Pentagon said at least 21,000 National Guard are being mobilized in Washington, DC, amid security concerns around next week's inauguration following the deadly riots at the Capitol.

Miller was asked about the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter (JSF), a fifth-generation fighter jet considered the most expensive weapons program in history used by the Air Force, Marines and Navy. After clarifying that the question is about the F-35 and not a different weapons system, Miller begins his answer by saying, "I so...I mean, I cannot wait to leave this job, believe me."

He then apparently went on to disparage the latest American fighter jet, saying, "Yesterday we were talking to some guy, some lieutenant colonel, or colonel, said 'what are you flying?' Said 'F-35,' I was like that's a piece of ... and he was like ... and he laughed, and I was like, 'No seriously, tell me about it.'"

"I'm like, we have created a monster, but you know that," he concludes.

When asked what he wanted to see from Northern Command next week, Miller gave a meandering response that comes across as incoherent at times. "Uh, I needed to look the commander in the eye, because, you know, the President, SecDef, me ... I, whatever the correct English is, you guys can clean that up. Should have paid more attention in high school. My wife would be ashamed of me not knowing the proper preposition—and then, uh General VanHerck. So, you know, you just, I said it before, you can have [video tele-conferences] all day long, you know, but you wanna, like, I wanted to look the guy in the eye and get a sense for his soul and I think he probably needed to do that for me as well," Miller said.

Miller became the acting secretary of defense when Trump fired Mark Esper via Twitter on November 9, two days after Joe Biden was declared the winner of the Presidential election.
    Like, acting, like, defense, like, secretary, like, Miller is totally, like, not a valley girl.

Only the best people!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    ....What what now...? Were they just handed out with 0 regard for the second dose?
    They assumed trump administration was going to suddenly become competent.

And here I was celebrating a bit to hear that my Gma can finally get a vaccine. Now there is none to give at least not for a while.

NRA gone bankrupt, silver linings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mike Pence calls Kamala Harris to congratulate her and offer help - but Trump still hasn’t contacted Biden

The phone call, which is the first time the pair has spoken since the vice presidential debate last year, was described by officials as “gracious and pleasant”, reports the New York Times.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1788103.html

Looks like Mike Pence swallowed his pride and has moved on at least.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1788103.html

Looks like Mike Pence swallowed his pride and has moved on at least.
    I imagine hiding in a closet while people chant "HANG MIKE PENCE!" outside it really changes your outlook on life.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/u...ico-nafta-deal

So how's that USMCA deal goi...

Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador is flouting his country’s obligations under the trade deal that U.S. officials negotiated with Mexico and Canada, according to a new rebuke from President Trump’s team.

“We are obligated to insist that Mexico lives up to its USMCA obligations, in defense of our national interests, which include investments funded by the U.S. taxpayer,” Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, using the acronym for the trade deal, wrote to the Mexican government in a Monday letter obtained by the Washington Examiner.

The dispute centers on Lopez Obrador’s desire to fortify state-run energy companies at the expense of the private sector. That initiative has developed into a trade controversy less than a year after the signing of the replacement pact that Trump touted as a deal to end the “NAFTA nightmare” when it was signed last January.

“He's disregarding the energy component in the USMCA,” said the Heritage Foundation’s Ana Quintana, a senior policy analyst for Latin America.
    ...oh. Not well...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Is that why he was leaking? Eww.
    Thanks for the mental image of Trump shooting runny dark brown loads in Giuliani's hair.