Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Except that Trump was not responsible for how the states reacted. Or the cities. Or individual citizens. The President has a significant amount of power, but he does not have a monopoly on it.
    I mean that's complete and utter bullshit.

He is the one that put it on the states to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN29O1XV

Guys...I have a sincere question based off this article covering the rift between Trumpublicans and Republicans...

If Trump causes the GOP to split in half and functionally pushes them out of most seats of power as a result, especially nationally...will America be Great Again?
    Well, if that happens, I will say Trump was true to his wo....wo.....hmm....nevermind. I cannot finish that sentence as it is a virtual impossibility for it to happen.

Except that Trump was not responsible for how the states reacted. Or the cities.
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/calif...ing-a-pandemic

Yeah, thank fuckin goodness for some cities like SF.

Though he has considerable powers to both order and pressure states to take action in adherence with federal guidelines.

The President has a significant amount of power, but he does not have a monopoly on it.
    Nobody is pretending he can issue a presidential decree requiring everyone wear a mask under penalty of a felony or anything of the sort. But there are considerable emergency powers he could have used strategically to both help reduce the spread while focusing on the production of actually necessary shit like PPE rather than using the DPA to first protect meat packers from legal liability.

Him saying, "Well, states, do whatever." isn't leadership. The core role of the federal government in a national pandemic like this is to be a clearinghouse of centralized information and a centralized point of logistics, as the federal government has far more access to production and delivery logistics than individual states does. That's him being too lazy to do his job and wanting to spend time golfing and watching TV while Americans die.

10+ Year Old Account

Guys...I have a sincere question based off this article covering the rift between Trumpublicans and Republicans...

If Trump causes the GOP to split in half and functionally pushes them out of most seats of power as a result, especially nationally...will America be Great Again?
    Nope. This happens every cycle the GOPs happens to lose. I even remember falling for it 2008.

Political Amnesia is just too strong in the US.
    Pundits are heavily invested in propping up the idea the "GOP is a functioning political party". Because to them, politics is sportsball and needs two teams.
    A recent study recently came out showing that conservative voters just dont care about in-party hypocrisy. Explains why poor whites in Kentucky keep voting McConnell in.
    Government Affiliated Snark

So our old friend Sean Spicer, who now works for Newsmax applied to join White House press corps ...

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok, then who would have been able to prevent Covid-19 from killing anyone in the US?
    It would have killed people, just not 400,000 and rising. First step was to admit it was real.

Quote Originally Posted by Demolitia View Post
    So our old friend Sean Spicer, who now works for Newsmax applied to join White House press corps ...
    Not gonna lie.

I want him to get it. Just to watch the next press secretary mock and humiliate him constantly.

Honestly, I would let him in but never allow him to ask anything. Tell him that if he wants to ask a question that he has to win Dancing with the Star but have Donald Trump as his partner then.

Not gonna lie.

I want him to get it. Just to watch the next press secretary mock and humiliate him constantly.
    And set up a special naughty chair just for him in a corner somewhere

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with @Edge- on this one. Let him in, then answer not the questions he asked, but correct his lies from his stint in the role.

"Could you explain Biden's plan to stop illegal immigration?"
    "Absolutely. See, when Trump said there was 42% unemployment, he--"
    "Whoa, that's not what I asked."
    "No, it's what was asked, and I'm answering. Trump included newborns and students--"

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm with @Edge- on this one. Let him in, then answer not the questions he asked, but correct his lies from his stint in the role.

"No, it's what was asked, and I'm answering. Trump included newborns and students--"
    Or let Jim Acosta sit behind him and allow him to flick Spicer's ear and shush him whenever he tries to open his mouth.

"I have a question ab.."
    "BIGGEST INAUGURATION AUDIENCE OF ALL TIME, PERIOD"
    "What? It's April, what does that ha..."
    "Sean, do I need to play your ABC's for you again?"
    "My wha..."

*Plays on the TV's set up behind the podium that the Trump administration loved to use while the press secretary looks busy taking notes or something, but it actually just drawing a dope-ass unicorn*

"I have a question ab.."
    "BIGGEST INAUGURATION AUDIENCE OF ALL TIME, PERIOD"
    "What? It's April, what does that ha..."
    "Sean, do I need to play your ABC's for you again?"
    "My wha..."

*Plays on the TV's set up behind the podium that the Trump administration loved to use while the press secretary looks busy taking notes or something, but it actually just drawing a dope-ass unicorn*
    Now it feels petty to give Trump shit for covfefe.

Now it feels petty to give Trump shit for covfefe.
    Oh it totally doesn't. Because he left it there, and then had his administration pretend it was an intentional thing. I mean, Sean Spicer himself went out to defend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I cant get a read on this photo.

Either someone just got a pardon, or they took their last bump in the Whitehouse bathroom.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie.

Implying that's not what he want in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post

Either someone just got a pardon, or they took their last bump in the Whitehouse bathroom.
    Or they just took a huge hit of cocaine.

The biggest reason Sean Spicer needs press access is so Melissa McCarthy can return to reprise her role as him on SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post

4 U.S. Code § 8.Respect for flag

(d)The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. It should never be festooned, drawn back, nor up, in folds, but always allowed to fall free. Bunting of blue, white, and red, always arranged with the blue above, the white in the middle, and the red below, should be used for covering a speaker’s desk, draping the front of the platform, and for decoration in general.
    Man, I get it, it's technically "not a flag", just designed to look like one but like...you'd figure a patriot would still think that's a bit too close to a flag code violation.

Also, did you know that burning the US flag is part of the flag code? I didn't -

(k)The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

10+ Year Old Account

So Trump "Made America Great Again" by destroying the GoP?

5D chess...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils