The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Makes sense if the State was previously paying them and now Trump has to and they know he doesn't pay so... better quit now.
    Good point - always a good idea to get your money up front.

I think their fleeing may also be inspired by the fact that Trump is no longer protected by the Office of the President - and any remaining objections/appeals were based solely on that status.

The larger point here, as well, is that Trump is what we knew/hoped he would be - wide open to a litany of civil and criminal litigation.

193,758 new cases, roughly 41k fewer than last Thursday. Nebraska hasn't reported yet but won't add much. Besides, I'm tired.

Top 10:

California: 25,135 new cases; 740 deaths (new record)
    Texas: 22,317 new cases; 463 deaths
    New York: 14,057 new cases; 228 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Arizona: 9,398 new cases; 244 deaths
    Georgia: 8,150 new cases; 111 deaths
    Ohio: 7,271 new cases; 109 deaths
    North Carolina: 7,187 new cases; 139 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 5,584 new cases; 246 deaths
    Massachusetts: 5,140 new cases; 77 deaths

New case numbers continue to be consistently lower than last week and it appears they will continue to drop--though perhaps less drastically as time goes on. The down side of the curve is usually flatter than the incline. Good news and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it sticks going into next week. Eventually I might be able to cut this portion of my update down further and just report new flareups as they occur.

4,363 deaths is about 200 more than last Thursday, bringing the total to 420,285. Unsurprisingly, given their new case numbers for the past few weeks, California is topping the list and accounting for a good portion of those deaths. Given that about 12% of the US population lives there, densely packed, it stands to reason that they're going to see some of the largest numbers. Not unexpected, but still disappointing and grim.

Related news:

2020 wasn't 'just a random bad year,' health experts say: COVID-19 made it one of the deadliest in US history--I think I speak for most of us when I say "no shit", but this measurement of "excess deaths" is another bit of ammunition to use against those shitheads who continue to insist that COVID-19 isn't as bad as the media suggests.

Biden Ramps Up Covid Fight With Orders Nixing Trump Policies--I know it's too early to celebrate and I also know he'll end up doing things I disagree with or despise as with most Presidents, but so far, so good.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    4,363 deaths
    This horror show will continue to be Trump's fault for some time yet. Biden has made it a priority, even authorizing military procurement, but it will be months before the skid marks that are Trump's legacy are soaked in HydrOxyclean and bleached out.

10+ Year Old Account
    So uh...might be purely coincidence but...

Rep. Patrick Fallon (R-TX) office account profile picture December 21st, 2020 versus January 21st, 2021.

We finally ditching the carrot juice spray tan, folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    We finally ditching the carrot juice spray tan, folks.
    That's just like...the same picture? He just turned down the orange and saturation by the looks of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's just like...the same picture? He just turned down the orange and saturation by the looks of it?
    I believe that was the point.

Hey, speaking of fascist idiots with fascist ideas:

The year 2020 will be remembered in history for a deadly pandemic and a deep economic crisis that touched almost every country on earth. Hopes for a brighter 2021 were one of the few things most people could agree on.

But just six days into the new year, these hopes were rudely shattered by images of far-right white supremacists, incited by an aspiring autocrat refusing to admit his electoral defeat, storming the Capitol in an attempt to overthrow the election.

This fascist putsch was implicitly supported by some elected leaders, including GOP members of Congress who continued to promote the thoroughly debunked falsehood that the 2020 elections were “stolen.” Worse still, there are early indications that some elected officials may have aided the violent mob more directly as well.

But this attempted coup wouldn’t have progressed to this point without large amounts of funding, too. And playing a disproportionately large role among business backers of fascism are fossil fuel companies and their owners and top executives.
    https://www.peoplesworld.org/article...cist-politics/
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So let's pretend Trump took that very obvious step. Melania could leave anyhow, deciding her worth as a person is more val....yeah I can't finish that sentence even hypothetically. She'll be glued to him until he dies or changes his will. Or, until NYState, the Feds, Deutsche Bank or anyone else takes all Trump's illegal money, and she wants to jump ship before that splashes over to her. I mean, it'd be dirt simple to prove she had no hand in Trump's business dealings, so it could purely be a defensive move.
    How did she afford her jewelry design store? It'd be pretty easy to prove she was involved in dump's business dealings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    How did she afford her jewelry design store? It'd be pretty easy to prove she was involved in dump's business dealings.
    Oh, I meant Trump's real estate and related items. Sorry, I wasn't clear.

Oh, I meant Trump's real estate and related items. Sorry, I wasn't clear.
    I'm not sure trump is really someone against comingling funds. I don't think there's a "substantive difference," though maybe @cubby might know different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    WaPo reports that

1) Byung J. Pak, an AG in GA (whoa, palindrome) was singled out and attacked by Trump, and
    2) Suddenly resigned the day after Trump's recorded phone call, the one where he tried to extort Georgia like a mob boss, and
    3) The Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General is now investigating.

Basically the story so far is that a senior DoJ Trump official, um, "gently suggested" that they resign.

There's no telling how many things we haven't heard about that are about to come to light, possibly from "Yes Trump hired me but I was totally the only one loyal to the country" proclaimers. This could be a one-off, or the tip of the Spear of Bastion.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure trump is really someone against comingling funds
    I agree. But based on his proven public history, he'd never give Melania any kind of say over his businesses. Melania will not be a name on any such document nor does she have any stock.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    WaPo reports that

1) Byung J. Pak, an AG in GA (whoa, palindrome) was singled out and attacked by Trump, and
    2) Suddenly resigned the day after Trump's recorded phone call, the one where he tried to extort Georgia like a mob boss, and
    3) The Justice Department's Office of the Inspector General is now investigating.

Basically the story so far is that a senior DoJ Trump official, um, "gently suggested" that they resign.

There's no telling how many things we haven't heard about that are about to come to light, possibly from "Yes Trump hired me but I was totally the only one loyal to the country" proclaimers. This could be a one-off, or the tip of the Spear of Bastion.
    We are about to see a veritable shit storm of things coming down now that Trump doesn't control any aspect of our Justice System. He might have been safe in Florida, but aside from violating his living arrangement agreement, he seems to be relatively scandal-free in Florida. I'm sure that won't last long.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure trump is really someone against comingling funds. I don't think there's a "substantive difference," though maybe @cubby might know different.
    Bankruptcy courts are very mindful of people trying to hide funds with sketchy comingling schemes. If it came to it, with Trump doing shenanigans and a federal court looking up his ass, they would put all their resources into finding his monies.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's time for Consequences 101. This is today's project:

"Jesus Christ, is that Arabic written over a picture of Trump shadowed by a stealth bomber?"

That seems to be the idea, yes.

"What does it say?"

***ق*م ح*م* *س*

ق**ل سل*م*** و آمر به ق*ل سل*م*** ب**د ***ق*م*** ر* پس بده*د.
    **ر چه *** پ** سل*م*** هم بر سرِ ق**ل *و *ر* د*رد؛ *م* ب*ل*خره غلط* *رد*د، ب**س** #***ق*م پس بده*د؛ #هم_آمر_هم_ق**ل بد***د *ه در هر زم** مم** ب**د ***ق*م*** ر* پس بده*د.
    ۱۳۹۹/۰۹/۲۶
    "No you idiot, what does it say in American?"

Those who ordered the murder of General Soleimani as well as those who carried this out should be punished. This revenge will certainly happen at the right time,
    "Surely that was sent by some no-name who's trying to scare Trump."

Actually, that post came from Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. Who 100% does have the power to carry out...well not a stealth bomber I think, but an assassination, yes.

"Won't he get kicked off Twitter for that?"

Well that's today's project. I want everyone to think about how many dangerous tweets Trump sent before getting a temporary ban, let alone a permanent one. Ayatollah Ali Khamenei is also head of a country, and as such, the same rules probably still apply. Also, would taking the post down do anything? We've all seen it.

For those of you who feel, as I do, that this is a death threat that's barely subtle at all and therefore wrong, here is the exact tweet feel free to report it, as I have.

I have minimal fear Iran would actually execute a state-sponsored attack on Trump, who will almost certainly be on American soil for the rest of his fatass life. Less fear still if Trump goes to prison.

The concern, of course, is a non-state-sponsored-but-state-incited attack. What's a good example that leaps to mind...oh, right, the murderous insurrection. Those weren't government agents. Those were just people doing what Trump suggested they do. I imagine this will come up at every single Trump rally security planning period forever. Trump's best move is to keep holding them at airports.

By the way, I know there are some Trump supporters still lurking in the shadows. Be advised that any attempt to label this violence-inspiring tweet from the head of a country bad, while saying what Trump did was okay -- or, more specifically, without directly condemning what Trump did that got him kicked off Twitter and impeached a second time, because silence is acceptance -- will be labeled as hypocrisy. I, for example, have nothing to worry about. I have called both death threats and I have condemned both. But any Trump supporter who hasn't directly condemned what Trump did...well, don't waste your virtual breath. Nobody here will believe you. Not even you.

That's right: Trump supporters are now in a situation where they aren't even allowed to condemn radical Islamic terrorism, arguably the thing they hate most. Not without admitting hypocrisy.

Sorry. I don't make the rules. I just see to it they're enforced.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Village People gives Trump OK to play gay anthems 'YMCA,' 'Macho Man' at rallies

Dated Feb 25th. Yeah...I bet right about now, they wish they could take it back.
    In defence of the village people hey didn’t say trump could use the song it was a village person IE Victor Willis as he sees self as the whole of the group and sued and won the group in 2017 with what was left of the group leaving when he got it.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/enter...outputType=amp

For reference Willis may also lean towards being anti gay which was one of the reasons why he left the group after songs like the YMCA and in the navy were picked up by the gay community.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/macho-...icist-1.251160
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2021-01-22 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...e-button-oval/

After 4 fucking years HOW AM I STILL SURPRISED BY THIS ASSHOLE!?!?!?!
    Imagine if diet coke button was the scandal of Trump admin, like Obamas tan suit or coffee cup salute. Christ how different would the world be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    A diet coke button would be the one positive out of the whole Trump administration, I want a diet coke button. I will have to run for president so I can have it re-installed.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Wait, what?

BWAHAHAHAHAhaha....

Hold on, I've got to check his reaction on Twitter...

...oh, wait.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    This will never not be funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    I'm picturing Biden showing up his first day and pressing the button and the blank stare on his face when a butler shows up out of nowhere 2 seconds later like "Your Diet Coke, sir"
    This is the man they had fighting elites... lol
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hear once again from Dr. Fauci:

You know I don’t want that...to be a sound bite, but I think if you just look at that, you can see that when you’re starting to go down paths that are not based on any science at all, that is not helpful at all, and particularly when you’re in a situation of almost being in a crisis with the number of cases and hospitalizations and deaths that we have.

When you start talking about things that make no sense medically and no sense scientifically, that clearly is not helpful.
    Just in case anyone still doubts Trump is personally responsible for hundreds of thousands of dead Americans.

McConnel is changing his tune on impeachment. It looks like he tried but couldn't get the votes to convict. Get ready for a "rushed" and "unconstitutional" trial, and then acquittal.

I wouldn't worry too much about future Trump or Trumpism though. He'll still terrorize the GOP in red districts, but that's about it. The real threat now are people like Nikki Haley, who are just as willing to sell their soul for a slice of the populist pie but are much smarter and more capable than Trump (and other Hawley type of opportunists for that matter).