10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Plus this is such a slap on the wrist.
    Not even this will get through. The Republican Party is showing signs of pulling away, but the Party of Trump is still strong.

So I came across this and had to see if it was 'True'.

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt authorized the purchase of $2 million worth of hydroxychloroquine last spring. https://t.co/eavH9ttMyQ
    https://twitter.com/snopes/status/13...067818498?s=19

Yes, it's true. This idiot bought hydroxychloroquine for his State.

Idk maybe this was discussed back in the day but I never heard if it.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So I came across this and had to see if it was 'True'.

https://twitter.com/snopes/status/13...067818498?s=19

Yes, it's true. This idiot bought hydroxychloroquine for his State.

Idk maybe this was discussed back in the day but I never heard if it.
    Hey, if it's not useful for covid there are tons of other uses, this is a great buy! You know, what with all the malaria outbreaks in Oklahoma and what not.

Just take one to the gut, admit you bought a transparent bad-egg, and donate it to health organizations that can use it to treat malaria and lupus etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're not even one Scarramucci into this new Presidency.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentGreymane View Post
    We're not even one Scarramucci into this new Presidency.
    I will be so happy if the longest lasting part of the Trump administration is the use of "Scaramucci" as a measure of 10 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I will be so happy if the longest lasting part of the Trump administration is the use of "Scaramucci" as a measure of 10 days.
    I have a gnawing question: Is a mooch 10 days or 11 days?
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Hey, if it's not useful for covid there are tons of other uses, this is a great buy! You know, what with all the malaria outbreaks in Oklahoma and what not.

Just take one to the gut, admit you bought a transparent bad-egg, and donate it to health organizations that can use it to treat malaria and lupus etc.
    Well it's also used to treat lupus, but I learned from Dr. House that it's never lupus.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    I have a gnawing question: Is a mooch 10 days or 11 days?
    Shouldn't it actually be in negative days? Wasn't he fired before he formally got the position?

151,727 new cases; about 39k fewer than last Wednesday. Nebraska hasn't reported yet but shouldn't add much.

Top 5:

Texas: 18,561 new cases; 457 deaths
    California: 11,247 new cases; 379 deaths
    New York: 11,231 new cases; 148 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Georgia: 6,384 new cases; 161 deaths

As long as things continue to look better I'm going to continue scaling these back. It's easy to report when the numbers are going down the way they've been the past couple weeks. I don't have to try to pinpoint epicenters or note too many new records and by now most of you know which governors are being complete fuckheads--like Kristi Noem. And frankly, I'm tired. I've been doing this for most of a year, after all. I don't think we're anywhere near out of the woods yet, but I'm becoming more confident that we won't see 200-250k daily totals again and as long as those cases keep dropping deaths should drop as well.

3,912 deaths is a little under 400 fewer than last Wednesday and brings the total to 439,517. Hard to say yet if this is the begin of the dip we've been expecting since new cases started dropping or if it's just an outlier. We'll know if the drop stays consistent over the course of the next few days.

Related news:

CDC: 100K Projected to Die of Coronavirus in Biden’s First Month in Office--On the surface this is bad news. 100k more deaths is going to be brutal. But considering the early projections were in the range of 150k I think we can consider this a small victory. I know the timing is pretty much pure coincidence, but the fact that cases started dropping almost immediately after Biden took office has to be rankling a large portion of the GOP who backed the TRUMP SHITSHOW for the past four years.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    DHS issues domestic terror alert

The Acting Secretary of Homeland Security has issued a National Terrorism Advisory System (NTAS) Bulletin due to a heightened threat environment across the United States, which DHS believes will persist in the weeks following the successful Presidential Inauguration. Information suggests that some ideologically-motivated violent extremists with objections to the exercise of governmental authority and the presidential transition, as well as other perceived grievances fueled by false narratives, could continue to mobilize to incite or commit violence.
    "Okay but why post here?"

Guess whose friends they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I know the timing is pretty much pure coincidence, but the fact that cases started dropping almost immediately after Biden took office has to be rankling a large portion of the GOP who backed the TRUMP SHITSHOW for the past four years.
    Why would it rankle the Trump cultists? They've been claiming forever that the COVID numbers are all made up in order to try and make Trump look bad before the election and would disappear right afterward.

This will just reinforce that belief.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump plans to have his lawyers write a letter in place of testimony in the upcoming impeachement triali.

Because he fears taking the oath more than being faithful to his wife and because the Senate will allow it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump plans to have his lawyers write a letter in place of testimony in the upcoming impeachement triali.

Because he fears taking the oath more than being faithful to his wife and because the Senate will allow it.
    He has a history of spilling the beans under oath...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

If he's participating through a letter, wouldn't he have to be sworn in, and how is allowed to elude cross examination?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    If he's participating through a letter, wouldn't he have to be sworn in, and how is allowed to elude cross examination?
    He is trying to pull a Bush, from the 9/11 commission:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_C...led_to_testify
    George W. Bush – President; testimony not under oath. The session was not officially transcribed because the White House considered it a "private meeting" in which highly classified information would be discussed. Asked to limit the length of testimony to one hour (However, the meeting lasted for three hours and ten minutes). Testimony took place in the Oval Office. Initially, Bush insisted that he testify only to the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the commission, but later agreed to testify before the full panel.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    That's the point. He doesn't want to be cross-examined. He wants his lawyers to write answers that protect him, and then not answer followups.

Because @Felya is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    He is trying to pull a Bush, from the 9/11 commission:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9/11_C...led_to_testify
    Little different there, in that the 9/11 commission was actually discussing highly classified intelligence (who knew what when and how?), while Trump incited insurrection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Little different there, in that the 9/11 commission was actually discussing highly classified intelligence (who knew what when and how?), while Trump incited insurrection.
    Bush was also still in office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Bush was also still in office.
    To be fair, so was Trump when he was impeached.

McConnell could have called the Senate for an emergency session and had him convicted/removed or acquitted by the 19th, but that would have required scruples.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    DHS issues domestic terror alert

"Okay but why post here?"

Guess whose friends they are.
    I know asking intelligence or consistency of these morons is foolish, but... why now? What "last ditch hope" could they possibly be trying to coerce out of... uh... whoever... to keep Trump president?

I'd also think that them seeing the FBI rounding up the capitol terrorists in droves should spook them out of any further action. Especially now that Biden is actually at the helm and wont have Trump's malignant neglect protecting them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.