Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Also, vastly overestimating how much the youth votes.
    tbf trump lost GA in part due to exceptionally high youth turnout voting against him. was like 7% above the national avg there. the youth that matter, the ones who vote, are not voting for him.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

I'm also disappointed but not surprised that the Trumpists and I-don't-support-Trump-but-here's-how-he's-never-wrong'ers around here are now subtly trying to embrace the domestic terrorism that occurred. Condoning crazy makes the crazy get crazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Oh, it is. Your problem is that nothing in your sentence happened. Odd how you and others are wishing it did.
    What a liar you are.
    Your little god wasn't exonerated child. And the former toddler-chief did indeed incite violence commitr treason. But since you don't live here it obviously matters little to you.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    Let hope it’s different now? Seeing how the consequences of who your politicians is highly visible now with Social media.
    That might be one solid benefit of social media - youth awareness of voting effects.

No surprise, but what happened to all that talk of banning him from holding public office with a simple majority vote? was that just red meat and wishful thinking? I was under no illusion he’d be removed but I was for sure hoping there would be some teeth to this trial.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    tbf trump lost GA in part due to exceptionally high youth turnout voting against him. was like 7% above the national avg there. the youth that matter, the ones who vote, are not voting for him.
    I didn't know that - I thought youth turnout was low, as usual, and it was high black turnout that flipped GA.

New York, you're up!
    Show DC how it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I didn't know that - I thought youth turnout was low, as usual, and it was high black turnout that flipped GA.
    it was many factors. but youth vote was crazy high in GA and voted blue. and there is likely a big overlap. high black turnout with high youth black turnout.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-02-13 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    No surprise, but what happened to all that talk of banning him from holding public office with a simple majority vote? was that just red meat and wishful thinking? I was under no illusion he’d be removed but I was for sure hoping there would be some teeth to this trial.
    My understanding is that the simple majority vote to ban him from public office can only be taken if the impeachment vote to convict succeeds. Since there was no conviction, they can't hold the vote to ban him from future office.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    "It doesn't look like the trials I've seen on TV therefore it isn't a real trial" is a shitty argument, hun.
    Are you saying it is normal, or is this a strawman non-statement?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The senate impeachment proceedings are not a trial in the first place.

If they were Trump would have been in actual trouble.
    If they were, it would have been thrown out for a few reasons, not least of which is the doctored evidence supplied by the House Managers.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    My understanding is that the simple majority vote to ban him from public office can only be taken if the impeachment vote to convict succeeds. Since there was no conviction, they can't hold the vote to ban him from future office.
    you understand right. need to convict with 67, and then after need simple majority to forever ban. with no conviction second vote can't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    No, he enjoyed a 90% approval rating with Republicans. "Republican" hasn't been synonymous with "conservative" in decades.
    The numbers from the election disagree with you it shows the conservatives are vastly outnumbered by Trumpists.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    He tried. Next time, I hope all of the people trying are sentenced for treason, will stop the future events from happening.
    Another person here hoping for a "next time". I hope something like this does not happen again, so there will be no "next time".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That won't happen impeachment is basically dead now, no president will ever get removed from office.
    Sure they will. All it requires is an impeachable offence be committed, and for the person who committed it to actually be in office.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Another person here hoping for a "next time". I hope something like this does not happen again, so there will be no "next time".
    ROFLMAO you will be voting for Trump in 2024 if he can run again who are we kidding of course there will be a next time. You people are only saddened that the coup failed.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure they will. All it requires is an impeachable offence be committed, and for the person who committed it to actually be in office.
    I can tell you're a conservative because you can't even manage one sentence without a dishonest spin on the conversation.

Now that this is outa the way, we get to enjoy years of Trump being prosecuted and sued from every direction. People are worried about Trump running in 2024, but that's a really big fucking assumption that he even mentally/financially/legally survives that long.

I had to lookup up the makeup of Senators from each state. Sadly you have Republicans from Pennsylvania and Wisconsin are what we call purple states.

Ron Johnson is a PoS and moron m, yet likely set in his incumbency. Pennsylvania might be the only flip.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Oh don't say never. With the QAnon bullshit running rampant through GOP politicians and supporters I would not in the least bit be surprised if in the future a Democratic President is impeached and removed by a Republican controlled House and Senate based on a conspiracy theory.
    I doubt it. Removing The President based on a conspiracy theory, by the opposing party, was avoided today. This sets a good precedent for it not happening the other way around in the future.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

for the person who committed it to actually be in office.
    See, here's how the constitution has been redefined to "literally anything that makes my guy right."

Impeachment as the founders wrote it was originally practiced only on those who had already left office.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Now that this is outa the way, we get to enjoy years of Trump being prosecuted and sued from every direction. People are worried about Trump running in 2024, but that's a really big fucking assumption that he even mentally/financially/legally survives that long. The amount of damage that will be done over the next four years will be tremendous.
    He is making millions of dollars off his dumb base and will now continue to do so using his 2024 run, Trump is a roach I would not bet against him. Let's also not forget he now has hundreds of people in congress loyal to him not to mention white supremacists, incompetent judges and what not.