The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    With Trump in debt, intelligence and security sources fear foreign spies may target him with offers of money.

I sincerely hope the NSA has an entire division devoted to keeping tabs on ALL of that traitorous fucks communications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    With Trump in debt, intelligence and security sources fear foreign spies may target him with offers of money.

I sincerely hope the NSA has an entire division devoted to keeping tabs on ALL of that traitorous fucks communications.
    Just toss him in prison and it'd be easier to limit his communications.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    On the other hand if he is caught doing so, he can be arrested for treason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    With Trump in debt, intelligence and security sources fear foreign spies may target him with offers of money
    My God! Why didn't anyone warn us?

Oh wait, half of us did warn the other half. Y'all voted for him anyhow.

On topic: Fauci gave an interview that, oh dear, just read.

We [the scientists] were trying, but we were acting almost alone, in the sense of without any direction
    When it became clear that in order to maintain my integrity and to get the right message [across] I had to publicly disagree with him, he did things — or allowed things to happen — that were terrible
    That’s when he said, ‘It’s going to go away, it’s magical, don’t worry about it,’ My direct influence on him was negligible. It became more conflictual than productive.
    And that's not even counting when he said in another interview, that he was more worried about catching COVID-19 in the White House than the general public.

This is the part where I normally point out "Why did he wait until Trump left office? Why wasn't he raising a big stink then?" And, wel...he did, really. A lot of people who willingly worked for Trump kept quiet so Trump wouldn't fire them. Fauci had resistance, but not immunity.

I rather wish Trump's actions to deliberately damage the US and its people, but making stupid calls on purpose just to spite his top doctor, could be charged. Sadly, I think those were actions done in his role and as such are protected. Unlike, say, Tweeting to defame an election machine maker.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    I feel like my moniker aged well. But given his ban, I might have to find something new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I rather wish Trump's actions to deliberately damage the US and its people, but making stupid calls on purpose just to spite his top doctor, could be charged. Sadly, I think those were actions done in his role and as such are protected.
    I mean, I don't consider gross dereliction of duties to be a part of doing your duties. But what do I know, I'm not a lawyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karrotlord View Post
    I mean, I don't consider gross dereliction of duties to be a part of doing your duties.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing this point of view field-tested in court.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing this point of view field-tested in court.
    It's like that memo about not indicting sitting presidents. That it would create a spectacle and prevent them from doing their duty as president. But if they're literally committing crimes while in office... why should they just be allowed to continue committing crimes? Criminality is not a presidential duty so... Let's not just go off opinions but actually follow the written law and see if the courts agree.

Quick report for Friday:

78,640 new cases; 2,426 deaths, bringing the total to 507,746. Supposedly Texas has their power back up and running ahead of the estimate but their reporting will likely remain unreliable for a while as everyone tries to recover. To a lesser degree this is also affecting areas of the south and midwest. I'll try to get back to normal reports next week if everything seems to be getting back on track.

Stay warm, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    New York City Tax Commission President Frances Henn confirms subpoena in Trump tax investigation.

I've reviewed Trump's defenses in this case in the past, I don't see how any of them work here.

Alliance

Fauci gave an interview that, oh dear, just read.
    Do people still take Fauci at his word?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Do people still listen to Trumpers and Anti-Mask Qanon?
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as he was the singular person in the Trump administration that ever told the Truth about Covid... and mind you, Fauci was not selected by Trump; he was already the director of the NIAID.

Yes. Yes people do trust Fauci.

But hey, don't just take my word for it. A poll held that, leading up to the election, people approved of Fauci's handling of the coronavirus far more than Trump's.

And thank God they believed him more than they believed Trump. Who knows how many more tens of thousands of Americans would have died without at least the one accurate and dissenting opinion amid Trump's abject lies.

Trump said Covid was supposed to disappear like magic. Has that happened yet?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Hmmm let me think, a world leading doctor who specializes in pandemic diseases with decades of experience vs a multi bankrupt businessman with over a billion in debt with literally zero expertise in anything beyond failing businesses and the intricacies of the drive thru menu. Who's advice should I take when dealing with a global pandemic? Zoinks!!! Scoob I got like no idea who I should believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Who's advice should I take when dealing with a global pandemic? Zoinks!!! Scoob I got like no idea who I should believe.
    The obvious answer is random youtube assholes.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    The obvious answer is random youtube assholes.
    Well, obviously, there are probably just as many doctors who believe COVID is a lie. Just like how there are probably just as many scientists who think climate change is a hoax or probably just as many doctors who think vaccines aren't safe!

Why don't you hear from any of these dissenting doctors or scientists (outside of ones ever-so-coincidentally paid by some corporate entity) you may ask? Obviously, the main stream media is just silencing them!

It's easy to believe whatever you want when you assume a lack of proof is the most concrete proof of your proof's existence.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump said no one would care about COVID after the 3rd of November last year.

Remind me please, has that come to pass yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump claimed that he lied about covid, because Americans are too weak to know the truth. A near year later... you still repeat it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Trump said no one would care about COVID after the 3rd of November last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Do people still listen to Trumpers and Anti-Mask Qanon?
    When Trump admitted that he lied to protect weak Americans that cannot handle the reality of covid... Repeating Trump lies a near year later... You think this will work to convince him?

In context of why Trump claimed he lied about covid... these people are just flaming them selfs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    But hey, don't just take my word for it. A poll held that, leading up to the election, people approved of Fauci's handling of the coronavirus far more than Trump's.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54107677
    In a White House news conference on Thursday afternoon, he said in response to a reporter's question: "I didn't lie, what I said is we have to be calm, we can't be panicked."

He added: "I don't want to jump up and down and start screaming, 'death, death', because that's not what it's about."
    Anyone still clinging to Trump lies, needs to admit that they... *cough*... Can’t handle the truth!!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The whole googling without power thing isn’t that complicated. Just takes cell service.
    And how do you charge your phone ?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerossi View Post
    And how do you charge your phone ?
    Car adapter.