Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The only way it would be even more appropriate was if it was hollow.

...it is? Perfect.

Oh, that picture has bad resolution, but I'm pretty sure that paper says "We the People" on it. Does anyone have a better shot?
    Why is Golden Trump Statue wearing flip flops?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way it would be even more appropriate was if it was hollow.

...it is? Perfect.

Oh, that picture has bad resolution, but I'm pretty sure that paper says "We the People" on it. Does anyone have a better shot?
    What do you mean? I think it’s wonderful the GOP is finding a way to recycle all those old plastic sculptures now that Fry’s is going bust, even if the gold’s a little garish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Let's not forget Trump's base is, at its heart, a bunch of rednecks.

Flip flops and American flag shorts are pretty standard attire.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let's not forget Trump's base is, at its heart, a bunch of rednecks.

Flip flops and American flag shorts are pretty standard attire.
    That looks more like the attire of douchebag fratboys... than rednecks. Don't get me wrong, they also love the Trumpster image, as you can see in their Klan marches.

Thus endeth conservatism in the United States. It hath been replaced by fascism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So y'all remember that scene in the Ten Commandments based on that book people are always talking about (I forget the name) where all the Israelites turn away from god and started worshipping a golden calf and that ended kinda badly for them?

Me neither but apropos of nothing, here's a picture of a gold plated statue of Trump that's gonna be adorning CPAC this year.
    This sure isn't the way to refute people who say the current GOP is a cult.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You don't know very many rednecks then lol. All trump is missing there is a beer in his hand with one of those beer coolers over it and it would be standard-issue redneck uniform. (changing the top to a sleeveless shirt of course..)
    I grew up in redneck country, most wore jeans, or when relaxing, I saw more cargo shorts than swim trunks. Of course, there was always the dreaded cutoff jeans shorts... on men. The thing I never really saw, were flip flops. Maybe that's a southern thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That looks more like the attire of douchebag fratboys... than rednecks. Don't get me wrong, they also love the Trumpster image, as you can see in their Klan marches.

Thus endeth conservatism in the United States. It hath been replaced by fascism.
    Go to Walmart in Texas around... Ehhhh November~ish

It's flip-flops for miles around.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Go to Walmart in Texas around... Ehhhh November~ish

It's flip-flops for miles around.
    I'd rather not... I despise Wal-Mart, and most of Texas.

Everyone else already slapped your seemingly intentionally disingenuous post, but I've seen Airplane too many times not to join in.

This is false information. You either said something intentionally untrue (you are lying), or you posted on something despite knowing far too little about it. Trump has been under audit for a decade, and Trump claims even longer. (This doesn't stop him from releasing his taxes of course) Everyone here in these forums, which should have included you, knows this.

Please post constructively, and stop calling me Shirley.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that's Trump's head glued to a statue of Mickey Mouse or something, covered with clothes and paint to cover the hack job.

I'm guessing that's Trump's head glued to a statue of Mickey Mouse or something, covered with clothes and paint to cover the hack job.
    Damnit, now I need the internet sleuths to find the original.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Imagine if it’s actually an original work though...
    I mean, it could be? But it seems like a lot of effort for a single CPAC statue of Trump in...uh...clothes he would not be caught dead in. If more copies start showing up, that changes things.

Well, they have their golden idol to worship.
    *looks upwards and prays*
    "Please show them the error here..."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Well, they have their golden idol to worship.
    *looks upwards and prays*
    "Please show them the error here..."
    You know, if I were a devout religious person(or religious at all), I would be very afraid right now. This might be one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    You know, if I were a devout religious person(or religious at all), I would be very afraid right now. This might be one of the signs of the apocalypse.
    If anything were to happen, say a tornado wipe out, I'd be just a tad worried...and a bit frightened. *looks above uncertain*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    If anything were to happen, say a tornado wipe out, I'd be just a tad worried...and a bit frightened. *looks above uncertain*
    Well, Ted Cruz is speaking so all that hot air coming out of him will keep any storm front away.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, Ted Cruz is speaking so all that hot air coming out of him will keep any storm front away.
    He was also apparently making fun of the power problem in Texas. That oughta endear him to some of his constituents.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    So y'all remember that scene in the Ten Commandments based on that book people are always talking about (I forget the name) where all the Israelites turn away from god and started worshipping a golden calf and that ended kinda badly for them?

Me neither but apropos of nothing, here's a picture of a gold plated statue of Trump that's gonna be adorning CPAC this year.

Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

You just can't make this shit up. I mean...what in the holy fuck...?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me.

You just can't make this shit up. I mean...what in the holy fuck...?
    Satire and parody is fuckin dead, yo.

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Ask questions, don’t like the answers, that’s politics in a nutshell I guess. But I think there’s enough discussion at the margins to not close up the shop with “but my opponent is arguing so disingenuously!!!11”

We can go around the pivot; from was the vote totals correct, to was it fair, to what it means to concede and whine for years after, to whine and inspire violence. The troubling thing about real slippery slopes is it’s a slope. And certain *passionate* individuals will always claim all context is whaboutism and all history deflects from the point (you’ll perhaps note no defense offered in the posts responding to my response to you, just pivots)

Literally, if all responses ignore context and just jab at some point they think is the big idea, I wonder why they try. Seriously. Respond to the allegations, don’t just dismiss and go on with what you wanted to say. Pretend that the phone call with Georgia was just a 12 second clip on its own. Ignore the plain law on employees of the IRS releasing an individuals tax return. Ignore, perhaps intentionally, my distinction on criminal tax complaints from merely “Trump pays a little more on previous tax returns” result of tax inquiry. He skates on 99% of what we know now, and everybody’s betting there’s some more hidden stuff that will come out and be criminal. That’s the plain truth.
    This is not a difference of opinion, this you pretending things that aren't true are true.

Russia successfully interfered with the 2016 election. Fact.
    The 2020 election was 100% legit. Fact.

Just because you're pushing actual, provable lies doesn't mean your side is valid and equal to the other side.

If you wanted to say Trump was great president, that's an opinion and it is equal to someone saying he wasn't;t.

But you are taking literal fact and placing on the same relevance scale as lies.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown