Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You, sir, win the interwebs for today. Well done.
    Nah. That's been her nickname--including in this very thread--pretty much since she took her post as Surrogate Liar. I had nothing to do with it's creation but I happily participate in its dissemination.

10+ Year Old Account
    House cancels sessions for tomorrow, due to security agencies siting risk. These Trump supporters are insane...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    How time flies... March 4th is tomorrow... on March 5th we find out the new date when Trump takes over. Money on April 1st...
    I have heard from Qtards already online that it is March 20th. This is just like the latest scam by End Times "prophets".

House cancels sessions for tomorrow, due to security agencies siting risk. These Trump supporters are insane...
    Imagine how bad its going to be in 2024 when he runs.

O...M...G...

This has to be the best ‘re-do’ of the CPAC National Anthem I’ve heard yet.

Blows away all the piano renditions I’ve heard so far!

https://youtu.be/AQ-O72WMRKo

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Who goes to work for Fox thinking they ever cared about facts?
    Have you seen their newly trademarked slogan? Cracks me up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Imagine how bad its going to be in 2024 when he runs.
    If he's not in jail by then it's going to be horrific. And genuinely scary for the country if those GOP voting suppression bills are passed.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If he's not in jail by then it's going to be horrific. And genuinely scary for the country if those GOP voting suppression bills are passed.
    I see zero chance of Trump going to jail paying millions of dollars yes but not jail even if he gets convicted of a crime there's nothing in the constitution prevented him from running with a criminal record (which is insane).

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I see zero chance of Trump going to jail paying millions of dollars yes but not jail even if he gets convicted of a crime there's nothing in the constitution prevented him from running with a criminal record (which is insane).
    Well, he would have a hard time doing it from jail, if he gets convicted on just about anything he is looking at. Because most of the stuff he is looking at jail time for, he is looking at more than a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    The main educated people I have seen who actively support him are pure sociopaths who quite literally would put a bullet in you and enjoy it if they thought they could get away with it and feel that they personally will get along fine either way and that they could exploit that suffering for personal gain in some way.

I haven't seen ANY educated working class people who actually support him and thinking he was best for the nation. It was all uneducated people who couldn't accept facts they disliked or educated sociopaths who thought they personally had more to gain from hurting others. And I include my own family and friends in this.
    I sadly work with one, so I know they exist. He never outright supported him, but he's so invested in the Right that he questioned everything the Left was saying yet believed everything the Right was saying. It was nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    But I think you’ll find that the number of crazy anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, and trump supporters tends to decrease with an increase in education level. Which then means that... more education, fewer crazed right wing nutjobs.

As for the “educated” people in congress who support trump... I don’t believe that most of them believe the nonsense trump spouts. I believe they see it as a political game that they can use to their own advantage.
    Supporting him for political gain even though their highly educated brains know or think it's wrong doesn't make it better. That makes it worse IMO.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...t-ebof-vpx.cnn

Y'all, the Golden Trump Statue was made...in fuckin China, not Mexico.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...t-ebof-vpx.cnn

Y'all, the Golden Trump Statue was made...in fuckin China, not Mexico.
    Oh lol. Lie small to cover a bigger lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Supporting him for political gain even though their highly educated brains know or think it's wrong doesn't make it better. That makes it worse IMO.
    I agree, but that doesn't mean that well educated people are likely to be dragged under a Trumpian spell just as easily as non-educated ones. It just means that some of those well educated people who never learned an iota of moral fiber go on to try and profit from someone like Trump. And the the number of the people able to effectively do that is ultimately fairly small.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

66,879 new cases, about 9k fewer than last Wednesday.

Top 5:

New York: 7,851 new cases; 142 deaths
    Texas: 7,620 new cases; 266 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    California: 4,241 new cases; 259 deaths
    New Jersey: 3,691 new cases; 128 deaths

Full disclosure: beginning to hit a wall in my recovery and physical therapy is taking more out of me so I'm going to keep these a bit more streamlined unless something major happens. Also, hell, I've been doing them for a loooooong time. Y'all know what's going on by now.

Texas testing remains absolutely terrible post-storm (still less than half their average before the storm) Their numbers are artificially low as a result. National new case numbers are still declining but at a much slower rate than in weeks past, so it's looking like we're going to be plateauing sooner than we want to be (though likely still many weeks/months away). I seriously doubt we'll reach 20-30k regularly again.

2,350 deaths is about 200 fewer than last Wednesday and brings the total to 531,652. This is a bit more than I was expecting today but I suspect some of it is a correction. We'll see what the next few days bring but I still think we'll be seeing 2-2.2k on average.

Related news:

As U.S. Covid cases stall, top health officials warn variants could 'hijack' nation's progress--"COVID fatigue" is a large part of the problem as more people are starting to ignore safety precautions. Keep wearing your fucking masks, people.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, is it better than “Fair and Balanced”?
    "Standing for whats Right"
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I sadly work with one, so I know they exist. He never outright supported him, but he's so invested in the Right that he questioned everything the Left was saying yet believed everything the Right was saying. It was nauseating.
    Yep.

Got one friend, good man and good with electrical work which is his families trade. But when it comes to economics or international affairs or political stuff, to say he isn't the smartest is putting it nicely. When you told him something that made conservatives look good, he believed it implicitly, didn't matter how outlandish but if you told him something that made them look bad or conflicted with what he WANTED to believe, it was like a sealion meme, he would ask for proof and more proof and more proof, no level of proof would be enough most times even after you passed the point of irrefutable. And I actually managed to cross even HIS threshold where he couldn't deny stuff anymore on a few times where I would literally show him videos of Trump himself admitting to the stuff. But at that point, he didn't admit he was wrong, he just went silent and started to nod looking like he was agreeing. But he wasn't agreeing, he mentally had just shut down and was waiting for the subject to drop rather than to think on it. Then within a week I caught him trying to push the same stuff I had disproven as it mentally never clicked even at that point, it was like he had blown a fuse to prevent that level of thought.

Then I got a "Religious" friend of mine, I put it in quotes because he literally tried to tell me that "Science is going against GOD!" when it came to his political views and how far he went to support them. He was also one who kept posting all those "Think of the Children" facebook posts about rich liberal pedophiles were going after children and trying to bring up the Cannon Hinton kid in response to people bringing up Floyds death. I pointed out how he was talking about liberals being pedophiles while he personally was cheering as he supported a potential serial rapist being put on the supreme court even after committing perjury and how Floyds death at the hands of police who tried to protect their own isn't in any way relatable to Cannon who was killed by a civilian whom the police didn't protect and actually swiftly arrested and will likely spend the rest of his life in prison or executed.

Then comes the escapades of my brother in law who puts them all to shame and has become a running gag with his stuff without realizing it because they don't bother pointing it out to him because his pride and his ego are more important to him than reality itself and he will literally physically attack you to keep himself from that level of education and critical thinking rather than risk admitting he and his views are wrong. He will insult you to try and change the subject and if you actually keep him on topic or call him out for trying to change the subject, he will look for an excuse to get physical to keep from thinking.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE: Abbott did not consult his medical advisors.

Gov. Greg Abbott’s four medical advisers were not all on board with his move to end the state’s coronavirus restrictions -- or even included in the decision.

“I don’t think this is the right time,” said advisor Mark McClellan, former commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, adding he was not consulted before the decision.

“Texas has been making some real progress but it’s too soon for full reopening and to stop masking around others,” McClellan said in an email.

From the start of the pandemic, Abbott said he would rely on data and doctors to guide state policy. But conflicting opinions from his medical advisers about one of the biggest shifts in state pandemic policy raise questions about how the choice — which has been widely panned by public health experts — was made.

State health commissioner Dr. John Hellerstedt on Wednesday didn’t explicitly answer whether he endorsed the plan ahead of time to end the mask mandate and let businesses fully reopen on March 10. Pressed by state lawmakers, Hellerstedt said he “did not have a personal conversation” with Abbott before the decision, but that his agency is in regular contact with the governor’s staff.

A third advisor, Dr. Parker Hudson of Dell Medical School in Austin, has said he was “not involved in this decision.”

And a fourth said he agreed with the decision, explaining it was initiated by Abbott and rested on the governor’s general comfort level with the pace of vaccinations, other medical improvements, and the notion that Texans know to wear masks and will continue to even without a mandate — an idea refuted by public health research.

“He brought it to us, he talked to us about it, he talked through it,” said Dr. John Zerwas, a vice chancellor with the University of Texas System. “And he said, ‘okay, this is when I feel like it’d be a good time to do it’.”

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    His medical advisors couldn't help with his Q rating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    My Trump loving family is losing their shit about it... still defensive about Abbott and the freeze over, but are going off over this...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    My Trump loving family is losing their shit about it... still defensive about Abbott and the freeze over, but are going off over this...
    I mean, it's not like Trump ever consulted any medical advisors. Why, might I ask, would they care if Abbott did or not?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    How good is your poker face? Because they'd have caught me smirking, at least.