So, I'm sniffly, sneezing, coughing and my ears feel like they're burning a little. I'm hoping it's just my seasonal allergies/hayfever that happens every year about this time, but, well, yeah...

In any case I'm not up to doing a full report tonight--not even a skinny one. The numbers aren't completely in at this point, but I need to go lay down so here's what's in so far:

62,773 new cases, about 6k fewer than last Thursday.

1523 deaths is about 500 fewer than last Thursday and brings the total to 543,713.

I'm going to bed. With some ibuprofen. Wake me when it's over.

Stay safe, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    So, I'm sniffly, sneezing, coughing and my ears feel like they're burning a little. I'm hoping it's just my seasonal allergies/hayfever that happens every year about this time, but, well, yeah...

In any case I'm not up to doing a full report tonight--not even a skinny one. The numbers aren't completely in at this point, but I need to go lay down so here's what's in so far:

1523 deaths is about 500 fewer than last Thursday and brings the total to 543,713.

Stay safe, folks.
    Take care.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News...n-us-military/

Damn...US Department of Defense straight up calling out Tucker Carlson. Who has apparently become the arbiter of masculinity, the dweeb who used to wear the bowtie, yeah that guy.

I thought these folks were supposed to be pro-military, what's up with that?

- - - Updated - - -

It's seasonal allergies, it's seasonal allergies....hope you feel better in the morning dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm sniffly, sneezing, coughing and my ears feel like they're burning a little. I'm hoping it's just my seasonal allergies/hayfever that happens every year about this time
    I'm hoping you're okay too.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping you're ok, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just saw that Marjorie Taylor Greene is bragging about getting 74% of the vote... that means 26% of voters would have rather had no representative than her(she ran unopposed). I’m sure she’ll face a challenger in 2022, but god damn that’s funny.
    Just proofs that the right-wing voters in general are horrible people and nothing more.

Stay safe, folks.
    I hope its only allergies. Take care
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, my mom got hit with the allergies, but I was losing shit there for a couple of days. All good now... The coughing is scarier than usual...

Feel better man! We appreciate your posting and look forward to a full report when you are all better.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    So I looked over Trump's Rasmussen polling numbers -- the ones most beneficial to him -- and, now that they're over, they don't paint as pretty as a picture as Trump would like.

Trump polled 51% and higher less than 10% of the time. His best years were 2017 and 2020, 13.8% and 12.2% of polls having him over 50% respectively. ("Year" actually means Jan 20-Jan 20 in this context)

Trump's "strongly approve" was higher than his "strongly disapprove" 2.1% of the time. Again, his best years were 2017 and 2020, but those were both under 5% of polls putting him above water.

2018 was Trump's worst year, easily. He was never over 50%, and he never had "strongly approve" over "strongly disapprove". I don't think there was a single, specific reason (as shown next), just a long string of failures. Trump praised Nazis in 2017, and both allowed the lethal outbreak and also tried to overthrow democracy in 2020.

Trump's biggest day-over-day change, 4%, happened Nov 7, 2019. I don't know why. Near as I can tell, he spent the day at a Louisiana rally lying about settling a Trump Foundation payout and lying about the ongoing impeachment.

Trump's biggest day-over-day loss, -6%, was Sept 28, 2020, That one's much easier to explain, The NYTimes dropped this famous Trump taxes article Sept 27, 2020, specifically the one that said Trump didn't pay taxes.

Trump's biggest 7-day average over previous 7-day average, +5%, happened around Feb 18, 2019, most likely because Trump declared National Security Lol and sent US military to the Mexican border.

Trump's biggest 7-day average over previous 7-day average, -5%, was around Oct 8, 2020, most likely because he caught COVID due to trivializing the lethal outbreak and nearly died as a direct result. EDIT: Or, it could have been his Debate 1 performance.

- - - Updated - - -

So Texas lifted the mask mandate, Austin put it right back.

Texas took them to court.

The Texas judge sided with Austin.

There were other townships who also had their own mask mandate, which will now legally enforce them, following this ruling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Fuck their ridiculous governor and his desire to kill as many people as possible.
    Speaking of, perhaps you heard that Biden said there could be more restrictions in place, if things get worse not better, and DeSantis said "that's insane and we won't do it"?

Yep, Biden was speaking, specifically, about a situation in which cases and deaths were rising (as @Benggaul has been showing us, they aren't) and taking appropriate actions, and DeSantis -- again speaking of a situation in which things were getting worse -- pledge to refuse to do such actions, which weren't even named.

If you're looking to fuck a ridiculous governor, it looks like you might have some options. Take your pick, I'm happy with Graham's wife.

Still feel awful. Still 99% convinced it's just allergies/hayfever. Still reserving the 1% because I don't want to die of hubris.

66,785 new cases; about 2.5k fewer than last Friday. Not all states are in yet. Definite slowdown in the decrease of new cases indicating we're heading for a plateau--way too soon.

1,505 deaths is about 300 fewer than last Friday and brings the total to 545,544.

Related news:

U.S. reaches COVID vaccine milestone of 100 million shots--That's doses, not vaccinations, but we're ahead of schedule in meeting Biden's 100 million vaccinations in 100 days goal and all indications are that it will be met. The US is also on pace to have enough doses available for every adult in the US by May (though it will undoubtedly take longer to administer them all) and should have an excess of over 150 million by the Summer. What a difference, eh? Fuck Trump and fuck the people who allowed him to kill over half a million people through his ignorance.

Stay safe, folks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So Texas lifted the mask mandate, Austin put it right back.

Texas took them to court.

The Texas judge sided with Austin.

There were other townships who also had their own mask mandate, which will now legally enforce them, following this ruling.
    I have to say, it's absolutely fucked that state governments can sue municipal governments over local decisions that do not break state law and do not receive meaningful backlash for it. Greg Abbott is likely going to receive praise by people touting free speech over his attempts to force Austin to remove their mask mandate, rather than condemning him for endangering the state as a whole and then attempting to attack municipal jurisdictions from protecting its citizens.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Still feel awful. Still 99% convinced it's just allergies/hayfever. Still reserving the 1% because I don't want to die of hubris.

[SNIP]

Stay safe, folks.
    My wife had a huge allergy fit a while back thinking the same thing. I get tested twice a week for work so we always had a good barometer for whether our household had it and were confident it wasn't COVID, but better safe than sorry. Not sure if you take medication for your allergies or not, the only thing that worked for her was Xyzal. Hope you feel better soon.

Stay safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good. Fuck their ridiculous governor and his desire to kill as many people as possible.
    Maybe he'll get defeated by Matthew McConaughey in next year's election.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Maybe he'll get defeated by Matthew McConaughey in next year's election.
    Alt-right, alt-right, alt-riiiiiight.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    To those that don't know of or do and don't follow, Rachel Maddow is a delightfully bright news anchor, hosting her own show as well as other news broadcasts on MSNBC. Yesterday, she offered this commentary re the GOP's relationship with Trump:
    Maddow noted how Trump this week urged GOP donors to send their cash directly to him, causing momentary tensions with the Republican Party until its leaders ended up bowing down once again to their one-term and twice-impeached president.

“I mean this is some masochistic stuff right here. Do you guys have a safe word? You might want to employ it at some point,” joked Maddow. “At some point, we’re going to hear the Republican Party in the corner going ‘avocado.’”

“What does he have to do to get you to not give him more of what he wants?” she added. “To stop praising him, to not actually giving him more of your money? What does he have to do? The meaner he gets, the bigger the swings and the more insulting he gets toward you, the more you praise and thank him.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    "Trump this week urged GOP donors to send their cash directly to him"
    Good.

Because you know he's just going to keep a lot of it, and this splits funding between the Party of Trump and the Republican Party -- neither of whom will have the assets to run a proper campaign.

I endorse this, I encourage this, I want to see where this goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump made a rare public appearance at...man, that feels strange to write. "Rare public appearance". Huh.

Trump made a rare public appearance at a Mar-a-Lago fundraider, specifically, rescuing dogs from China and bringing them to tue US.

"Well that's actually nice of him. Good to see he's actually looking at others and not just hims--"

I'm with you 100 percent. We had many meetings in the White House and the Oval Office having to do with saving and helping dogs!
    "...nevermind."

Yeah. Also he attended wearing a MAGA hat. And of course, we all know Mar-a-Lago was paid to host the event.
    @cubby is this close enough to what you were talking about? And also, how do you feel about questions on a leash?

10+ Year Old Account
    I strongly disagree with your use of the singular in that description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, I didn’t intend to imply it was singular.
    No no, you were linking a specific article. I knew where you were going, Scoobs.

Meanwhile the (cough) charity's Trump, Lara, is apparently considering running in 2022 in NC. Looking forward to the grift/theft she's personally involved in to be handwaved.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Good.

Because you know he's just going to keep a lot of it, and this splits funding between the Party of Trump and the Republican Party -- neither of whom will have the assets to run a proper campaign.

I endorse this, I encourage this, I want to see where this goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump made a rare public appearance at...man, that feels strange to write. "Rare public appearance". Huh.

Trump made a rare public appearance at a Mar-a-Lago fundraider, specifically, rescuing dogs from China and bringing them to tue US.

"Well that's actually nice of him. Good to see he's actually looking at others and not just hims--"

"...nevermind."

Yeah. Also he attended wearing a MAGA hat. And of course, we all know Mar-a-Lago was paid to host the event.
    @cubby is this close enough to what you were talking about? And also, how do you feel about questions on a leash?
    Lol.

I would really like to start using "safe word" when referring to the GOP's relationship with Trump. Rachel Maddow deserves an Editorial Emmy for that alone.