52,650 new cases, about 3k fewer than last Tuesday with a few states not reporting.

Top 5:

New York: 6,600 new cases; 98 deaths
    Texas: 5,043 new cases; 133 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    New Jersey: 3,716 new cases; 41 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 3,093 new cases; 83 deaths

California fell off the top 5 for the first time in, well, longer than I care to go back and look up. Not sure if this was a fluke or not, but they've been cutting their cases down dramatically since January. New York is still dealing with their tiny bump but their trend has been heading down slowly for the past week or so (and their total today is about 1k fewer than last Tuesday). Testing in Texas remains fucking abysmal, averaging around about a half to a third of their testing totals from last month (which were already too low) so their numbers are pretty much lies by omission.

1,248 deaths is a little under 500 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 549,367. Great to see this continue to plummet, though as new case numbers start leveling off death totals will follow. We should start seeing more sub-1k totals in a couple more weeks (apart from the weekend numbers which are bullshit), but it will probably remain a substantial amount for a long time.

Related news:

Trump encourages Americans to get the Covid vaccine--WAY too little, WAY too fucking late to save half a million Americans, but I guess he's gotten word that his supporters are ready to die because he spent a year making them believe COVID was a "hoax" and he needs them because he thinks he has a shot in 2024. Fuck Trump and fuck his ignorant, dipshit supporters.

Stay safe, folks.

I know we just got done with a nightmarish 4 years of "Celebrity President", but I think it would be amusing if Sen. Whitehouse was president, at least in a TV series. President Whitehouse just sounds delightfully like some C-tier trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    WAY too little, WAY too fucking late
    Describes a lot of his tenure. Except the Nazis and racists.

I was really surprised, but no one posted about the newest report, showing that Russia was trying to aid Trump again in 2020 through the useful idiot of Rudy Guiliani and other Trump stooges with the Ukraine bullshit and Hunter Biden and his laptop.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/16/polit...ort/index.html
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...china-n1261234
    https://www.npr.org/2021/03/16/97795...-2020-election
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/16/u...ssessment.html

The reports also show that Iran was trying to get Trump out, and that China largely stayed out of all of it.

Which means, that if you have someone that tries to say that Biden is owned by China, you can pretty much debunk any of that shit, and that there is plenty of evidence that Trump was CLEARLY a puppet by Russia.

Oh, and it also shows that Bill Barr and other people might also be in on it. Considering he was the one that did everything to stop the investigations into Derkach, Guiliani's source for the Ukrainian bullshit, and Konstantin Kilimnik, the guy that Paul Manafort gave all of the Trump internal information that they used to target the gullible Trump supporting populace that got Trump elected in 2016.
    Last edited by postman1782; 2021-03-17 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I was really surprised, but no one posted about the newest report, showing that Russia was trying to aid Trump again in 2020 through the useful idiot of Rudy Guiliani and other Trump stooges with the Ukraine bullshit and Hunter Biden and his laptop.
    I think it was posted... I didn’t comment, simply since it’s so transparent, even I called it at the start. Their main contact in Ukraine, was the very corrupt persecutor that was rebuked by international community.

With the first impeachment, we got a conclusion to a story that didn’t happen until September.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Biden has
    Ah sweet, perfect. Surely you, a known Trump supporter, can show the evidence of the millions of illegal votes cast in the 2016 election? Or the 2020 election? Surely if such evidence exists, you know about it, right?

brings the total to 549,367
    Here's a depressing fact: 365*24*60 = 525.600

The reports also show that Iran was trying to get Trump out, and that China largely stayed out of all of it.

Which means, that if you have someone that tries to say that Biden is owned by China, you can pretty much debunk any of that shit, and that there is plenty of evidence that Trump was CLEARLY a puppet by Russia.

Oh, and it also shows that Bill Barr and other people might also be in on it. Considering he was the one that did everything to stop the investigations into Derkach, Guiliani's source for the Ukrainian bullshit, and Konstantin Kilimnik, the guy that Paul Manafort gave all of the Trump internal information that they used to target the gullible Trump supporting populace that got Trump elected in 2016.
    Really I can understand all of the party's involved.
    Russia had a really good asset with Trump, if the US destroys itself then Russia/Putin
    Iran: Only reason why we avoided the war was because Iran didn't take the invite and not because of Trump's lack of trying.
    China: Most interesting dilemma. At one hand you have the US acting like a joke which results in alliances breaking apart, the relationship between the US and Nato/EU has never been worse because of Trump.
    Other hand Trump started trade wars and other conflicts that benefited nobody and just hurt everybody regardless.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...249999979.html

Open this in incognito mode, but it seems like authorities are taking one of the FL spoiler candidates seriously, they raided the home of the Republican lawmaker that bragged about planting the spoiler candidate on the ballot. Apparently this investigation has been going on since November, I'll be real curious to find out if they find conclusive proof of wrongdoing if that means the election has to be held again.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...249999979.html

Open this in incognito mode, but it seems like authorities are taking one of the FL spoiler candidates seriously, they raided the home of the Republican lawmaker that bragged about planting the spoiler candidate on the ballot. Apparently this investigation has been going on since November, I'll be real curious to find out if they find conclusive proof of wrongdoing if that means the election has to be held again.

You would think that this would be more than enough to redo the entire election for that seat when, with the evidence we have, the current person in it lost by will of the people given the results we have.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was really surprised, but no one posted about the newest report, showing that Russia was trying to aid Trump again in 2020 through the useful idiot of Rudy Guiliani
    A government reported strongly indicated that Giuliani was an unwitting ally of a Russian interference effort in last year's election
    unwitting
    That word is doing a lot of work here, CNN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    That word is doing a lot of work here, CNN.
    Sometimes jokes write themselves. Sometimes, while doing so, the pen leaks.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...250003174.html

Yo, since I guess this is more of a "catch-all" thread for Trump and Republican fuckery in general...y'all see the Republican State Senator from Kansas? Who didn't get charged (yet) after being stopped for suspected DUI after he spent around 10 minutes driving down highways the wrong way?

Seems like Republicans aren't ready to back away from him yet because I guess he hasn't been charged. But like, weird to stan a guy who was flying down the wrong side of the highway the other night and could have killed people.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.kansascity.com/news/poli...250003174.html

Yo, since I guess this is more of a "catch-all" thread for Trump and Republican fuckery in general...y'all see the Republican State Senator from Kansas? Who didn't get charged (yet) after being stopped for suspected DUI after he spent around 10 minutes driving down highways the wrong way?

Seems like Republicans aren't ready to back away from him yet because I guess he hasn't been charged. But like, weird to stan a guy who was flying down the wrong side of the highway the other night and could have killed people.
    Democrats rightfully demanded Al Franken step down because of a picture in which he's pretending to grope a radio news anchor during a USO tour who later also said she was forced to kiss him during a rehearsal for a sketch. He apologized profusely and, shortly after, resigned.

Various GOP elected officials have driven drunk, committed vehicular manslaughter, fraud, insider trading and numerous other offenses yet the GOP continues to back them with hardly a peep in protest. Roy Moore the pedophile only barely lost to Doug Jones in the 2017 special election.

But, you know, "both sides are the same"--or so certain people would have us believe.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...er/4730488001/

he Army has rejected an appeal to return medals for valor to retired Maj. Mathew Golsteyn, a Special Forces soldier former President Donald Trump pardoned for alleged murder in Afghanistan. It was one of three high-profile cases in which Trump interceded on behalf of troops accused of war crimes
    Pardons don't entitle you to military awards if you're still a war criminal.

Democrats rightfully demanded Al Franken step down because of a picture in which he's pretending to grope a radio news anchor during a USO tour who later also said she was forced to kiss him during a rehearsal for a sketch. He apologized profusely and, shortly after, resigned.

Various GOP elected officials have driven drunk, committed vehicular manslaughter, fraud, insider trading and numerous other offenses yet the GOP continues to back them with hardly a peep in protest. Roy Moore the pedophile only barely lost to Doug Jones in the 2017 special election.

But, you know, "both sides are the same"--or so certain people would have us believe.
    Not to mention how a majority of NY Democrats have called for Andrew Cuomo to resign based on accusations of sexual harassment like kissing women on their lips, asking if they have a boyfriend, and touching them on their lower back.

Meanwhile Trump admits to grabbing women by their pussies and has dozens of sexual assault/rape allegations against him and is deified as a god by the GOP.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Not to mention how a majority of NY Democrats have called for Andrew Cuomo to resign based on accusations of sexual harassment like kissing women on their lips, asking if they have a boyfriend, and touching them on their lower back.

Meanwhile Trump admits to grabbing women by their pussies and has dozens of sexual assault/rape allegations against him and is deified as a god by the GOP.
    It's just the GOP making sure to claim their IP on those things. No one else is allowed to hold office with them.

10+ Year Old Account

Was in the "Biden/Harris" thread
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NYTimes reports that--

"Paywall."

Um, quoting the whole thing then. Fuck paywalls.

F.B.I. agents have arrested two organizers for the Proud Boys in Philadelphia and North Carolina, and prosecutors filed new charges against two other prominent members of the far-right group in Florida and Washington State as federal authorities continued their crackdown on its leadership ranks, three law enforcement officials said on Wednesday.

With the new conspiracy indictment, prosecutors have now brought charges against a total of 13 people identified in court papers as members of the Proud Boys. Federal investigators have described the group, which appeared in force in Washington on Jan. 6, as one of the chief instigators of the riot at the Capitol that left five people dead, including a Capitol Police officer.

In the indictment, prosecutors accused Charles Donohoe, a Proud Boys leader from North Carolina, and Zach Rehl, the president of the group’s chapter in Philadelphia, of conspiring to interfere with law enforcement officers at the Capitol and obstruct the certification of President Biden’s electoral victory. Two other high-ranking Proud Boys who were already facing similar charges — Ethan Nordean of Auburn, Wash., and Joseph Biggs of Ormond Beach, Fla. — were also implicated as part of the conspiracy.

The F.B.I. declined to comment.

The Proud Boys, who emerged in recent years as some of former President Donald J. Trump’s most vocal and violent supporters, describe themselves as “Western chauvinists” and have a history of bloody street fights with left-wing antifascist activists. Those clashes intensified last year during the nationwide protests stemming from the death of George Floyd at the hands of the police in Minneapolis. During a presidential debate in September, Mr. Trump refused to disavow the Proud Boys, telling them instead in a widely watched moment to “stand back and stand by.”

While the Proud Boys had largely managed to avoid federal scrutiny, that changed after the Jan. 6 riot. The F.B.I. began aggressively investigating members of the group involved in the attack on the Capitol. Agents have searched homes across the country, scoured social media accounts and delved into the private communications of Proud Boys leaders. Members of the group have been charged in four conspiracy cases, accused of crimes including threatening a federal officer and the destruction of government property.

The new conspiracy case was the latest product of the efforts to prosecute the Proud Boys. Investigators have said that Mr. Biggs, 37, and Mr. Nordean, 30, equipped with radios and a bullhorn, led a mob of about 100 members and supporters of the group that marched through the streets of Washington on Jan. 6 chanting slogans and ultimately breached security barriers at the Capitol. Some Proud Boys were among the first rioters to shatter windows and enter the building, confronting police officers inside.

Mr. Biggs, a former Army sergeant, was released from custody pending trial shortly after his arrest in January, and his case has been in a kind of legal holding pattern for weeks. Mr. Nordean was released from custody on March 3 after the chief judge of the Federal District Court in Washington agreed with his lawyers that the evidence that he was responsible for aiding and abetting the violence and property destruction committed by his fellow Proud Boys at the Capitol was — at least at that point — relatively weak.

Mr. Rehl, 35, has styled himself as one of the Proud Boys’ most prominent representatives on the East Coast and has led the group’s Philadelphia chapter since at least 2018, according to federal law enforcement officials. This summer, he and other Proud Boys were spotted socializing with local police officers outside a Philadelphia police union lodge.

Military vet upset at Trump, blows smoke up his ass. Says "Where's my money bitch?"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...?ocid=msedgntp

Military veteran disgruntled about stimulus check hurls smoke bomb near Mar-a-Largo

A military veteran who was disgruntled about not receiving his stimulus check was arrested on Monday after he hurled a smoke bomb outside of former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, according to police.

Paul Brantely Rawls, 38, was booked into jail after he tossed a "7 1/2 inch fused incendiary device" called a "5 Minute White Smoke" outside of the Palm Beach, Florida, property on Sunday, according to an affidavit obtained by the Washington Examiner. Rawls was apprehended on charges of throwing a destructive device, criminal mischief, and disorderly conduct.

The smokescreen caused a minor car collision between two vehicles, and the city's bomb squad was deployed. No injuries were reported in the crash, but damage exceeded $1,000, the affidavit said.

Both local police and the Secret Service conducted the investigation and caught Rawls on video deploying the device from his gray Volkswagen, authorities said. Law enforcement called Rawls, who said he was a former Airborne Ranger, by phone after identifying his license plate. Rawls later agreed to meet with officers, telling them, "I know why I'm here, it's because I threw a smoke bomb, it's all on video," the affidavit read.

Rawls said he was going through "financial struggles" and resented Trump's administration since his stimulus payment had not yet arrived. After he was placed under arrest, law enforcement located four more "5 Minute White Smoke" devices, four flares, a 12-foot expandable hook, a black glove, nylon rope, and an additional nine smoke bombs in his vehicle.

Rawls's bond was set at $21,000.