10+ Year Old Account
    Dr. Birx, yes this is the correct thread, in the "too little too late" department, went on CNN of all places to admit that hundreds of thousands of COVID deaths might have been preventable.

Well, look at it this way. The first time, we have an excuse, there were about 100,000 deaths that came from that original surge.All of the rest of them, in my mind, could have been mitigated or decreased substantially.
    She stopped short of saying "Trump hampered us at every possible turn". I don't know how much of the COVID response, or lack thereof, was directly her doing. I do know that, now that she's out of office, saying "'we need to do more" has the same effect as when you or I say it.

If she felt that there was information at the time we were lacking, that'd be different. But she hasn't been saying that, has she?

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump goes on FOX News and says he's needed at the southern border.

Well, a lot of people want me to. The Border Patrol and all of the people of ICE, they want me to go. I really feel I sort of owe it to them, they’re great people
    Let's count 'em down.

1) I'm just going to say without evidence Trump is lying. This would hardly be the first time Trump hid behind "people told me, everyone is saying it" to cover his objective falsehoods.

In fact I challenge any Trump supporter on these forums (who haven't run and hidden in their bunker) to find any evidence of Trump's statement. Bring it here, shove it in my face. This is no longer "I don't think youi'll find it". This isn't even "I don't think you'll look". This is now "even you know you won't find anything, even if you did look".

2) Let's pretend, because we'd have to, that Trump is telling the truth.

Why?

Why would the border guard ask for Trump? What's he going to do, tweet? He's a private citizen, and one with less money than me. And he has no legal authority.

Trump knows this.

Over the next couple of weeks. Border Patrol wants me to go— probably over the next couple of weeks. I don’t think there’s a rush for me to go, [Biden]'s supposed to go and make the decisions
    3) Ooo! is ICE going to take him to the section that was built by Bannon's fraud group? "This is the shit your friends pulled," they could say, "help us pick it up and pull it back into place. Lift with your legs, not with your bone spurs."

4) Trump leaving the house seems unlikely in general. Also, we're talking Trump here. A trip to the Border Wall whoops there isn't one border that would not benefit Trump? Yeah, 75% he doesn't go. Other 25% he goes and repeats the lie that he won the election. I acknowledge no third option exists.

5) Let's pretend, against all odds, Trump actually tries to help. Again, his word is meaningless and his promises mean nothing. He'd have to contribute or help contribute. Based on his history in this, does anyone trust him? I don't mean us, I don't mean the rabid fanbase cult (too far gone to save), I mean people who actually deal with such things.

6) And past all that, Trump would be opening the door to press asking him questions. He'd be standing in the open with no bullet shield. FOX News already opened the door by whining like a little bitch that Biden wouldn't take their questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What's he gonna do, toss paper towels at 'em?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What's he gonna do, toss paper towels at 'em?
    Real talk; he's pretending he's the shadow President, and thus has authority, and will step in when the Biden coup is ended.

It's entirely to feed into the Qanon cult terrorists and try and encourage more attacks. Nothing else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    he's pretending he's the shadow President
    This is the best guess I've seen so far.

So, the clocks changed over here and it's gotten me all kinds of screwed up. This will be a quick report.

63,647 new cases, about 4.5k more than last Saturday. 10 states not reporting.

787 deaths is only slightly fewer than last Saturday and brings the total to 562,012.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Stay safe, folks.
    Gotta say, it's going to be such a relief when you don't have to post these anymore.

Gotta say, it's going to be such a relief when you don't have to post these anymore.
    Yeh, I'm looking forward to 2023 as well.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time to play Guess the Speaker!

It was zero threat, right from the start, it was zero threat. Look, they went in, they shouldn't have done it. Some of them went in, and they are hugging and kissing the police and the guards, you know, they had great relationships. A lot of the people were waved in, and then they walked in and they walked out.
    Yep, that's Trump, alright, on FOX News of course. Yes, he's describing the Jan 6 insurrection in which five people died, here are their names, one was a police officer who was waving in people with such a great relationship that his skull was crushed by one of them.

Once again, it's time to play Guess the Speaker!

Yep, that's Trump, alright, on FOX News of course. Yes, he's describing the Jan 6 insurrection in which five people died, here are their names, one was a police officer who was waving in people with such a great relationship that his skull was crushed by one of them.
    Trump has some weird definitions for kissing and hugging. Didn't know you could hug people with a flagpole or kiss someone by beating them to death.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Trump has some weird definitions for kissing and hugging. Didn't know you could hug people with a flagpole or kiss someone by beating them to death.
    To be fair, Trump viewing a white male thrusting something into someone's face while they are on their back DOES sound right up his alley as a type of friendship and level of affection.
    The murderer didn't pay $150,000 to do it so it probably didn't qualify as "love" to Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is that also when his healthcare plan comes out?
    I mean...it is his health care plan.

Are illegal immigrants bringing ‘tremendous’ disease across the border, as Trump says? Unlikely

"Tremendous infectious disease is pouring across the border," Trump said in a statement released on July 6, 2015. "The United States has become a dumping ground for Mexico and, in fact, for many other parts of the world."

This is the latest iteration of an old claim.

The CDC, on its website, acknowledges that there’s a risk, though it’s important to note that the risk doesn’t stem exclusively from undocumented immigrants. Indeed, they probably represent a distinct minority of border crossers. Approximately 300 million legal crossings take place from Mexico into the United States annually along the 1,969-mile border, and about 15 million Americans visit Mexico each year, according to CDC.

"The sheer number of people who live, work, and travel between the United States and Mexico has led to a sharing of culture and commerce, as well as the easy transportation of infectious diseases," CDC writes on its website. "The large movement of people across the United States and Mexico border has led to an increase in health issues, particularly infectious diseases such as tuberculosis."

For this reason, CDC and its Mexican counterpart have established a disease-surveillance infrastructure on the border.

In July 2014, when a surge of undocumented minors from Central America was heading toward the U.S.-Mexico border, a union that represents border patrol officers announced that an agent had been diagnosed with scabies while processing such migrants. Scabies is an itchy skin condition caused by a mite that is highly contagious, though also easily treated, according to the Mayo Clinic. It’s analogous to head lice.

A more serious risk -- if it materialized, which it hasn’t -- is tuberculosis. Tuberculosis is more common in other countries it is in the United States. But border officials are well aware of the threat and are on the lookout.

Thomas Fekete, the section chief for infectious diseases at the Temple University School of Medicine, agreed.

"When it comes to the health of immigrants, it is possible that undocumented folks have more health conditions that warrant concern, but I do not know of a scientific or quantitative assessment," Fekete said. "Workers are probably in decent health as the work itself is arduous. But there are some illnesses that occur more commonly in poor countries, such as tuberculosis, and some that occur more commonly because of farming or lifestyle issues, such as cysticercosis. But the notion that the Mexican government is orchestrating the movement of sick Mexicans to the U.S. is wacky."

He added, "Even if their health is in some ways worse than ours, we have the capacity to deal with this and produce minimum drag on our economy."
    Trump's claims, even before elected, was that illegal immigrants were bringing drugs, crime, rape and, yes, contagious disease. He was lying, of course.

"But Breccia! That's an old Trump claim pre-COVID. Surely the rules have changed!"

No evidence migrants at border significantly spreading virus

Arriving migrants who test positive are being directed to local hotels for isolation, as Abbott and Democratic President Joe Biden fight over who is responsible for helping them.

Doctors on the border fear Abbott repealed coronavirus safeguards too soon and threatens a fragile decline in COVID-19 cases. The surge of immigration to the border is also worrying, they say, but far from the biggest factor in containing the virus' spread.

“It's not trivial," said Dr. James Castillo, the public health authority for Cameron County in Texas' Rio Grande Valley, the busiest corridor for migrant apprehensions along the U.S.-Mexico border.

“Is it the biggest source of infection to our whole community?" he said, referring to migrants arriving with the virus. “No, it’s maybe one source, and there’s a lot of different sources. And it’s a shame that we’re going to create new sources by dropping the restrictions."
    In other words, actual experts are saying, in public, that what Trump is proposing (everyone taking their masks off and getting into packed crowds) is actually the bigger threat than immigration, illegal or otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Colin Jost joked that Trump would confuse assault for kissing and hugging.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

I mean...it is his health care plan.

Are illegal immigrants bringing ‘tremendous’ disease across the border, as Trump says? Unlikely

Trump's claims, even before elected, was that illegal immigrants were bringing drugs, crime, rape and, yes, contagious disease. He was lying, of course.

"But Breccia! That's an old Trump claim pre-COVID. Surely the rules have changed!"

No evidence migrants at border significantly spreading virus

In other words, actual experts are saying, in public, that what Trump is proposing (everyone taking their masks off and getting into packed crowds) is actually the bigger threat than immigration, illegal or otherwise.
    Got a nickel that says Abbot repealed the safeguards knowing that he could blame any new surge on legal/illegal immigrants and his supporters would believe it,thus insuring his re election.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    Got a nickel that says Abbot repealed the safeguards knowing that he could blame any new surge on legal/illegal immigrants and his supporters would believe it,thus insuring his re election.
    Wow, can't believe I didn't think of that. Seems so obvious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanrefni View Post
    You're a week or two behind with this one. That's exactly what he did to try and remove the bad taste in our (Texas residents) mouths about the outages. Beto had called this the second Abbott said 'we're open!'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Godwin's Law has been suspended since Trump literally supported literal Nazis.
    Also, Godwin himself specifically stated that his law does not apply when people are ACTUALLY ACTING LIKE NAZIS. He claimed that his law only applied to internet discussions where nazis are irrelevant.

"What, you want to put a warning and rating on shows that have nudity and violence? You freaking nazi."

In December 2015, Godwin commented on the Nazi and fascist comparisons being made by several articles about Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump, saying: "If you're thoughtful about it and show some real awareness of history, go ahead and refer to Hitler when you talk about Trump, or any other politician."
    There were some real genuine comparisons between Trump's propaganda and the propaganda used by the third reich before their rise to power, and I made many of those comparisons here on this forum. Godwin's law does not apply if there is thoughtful and relevant.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Sunday's worthless report:

42,841 new cases; 508 deaths so far (12 states still haven't reported) bringing the total to 562,524. More might be coming in in the next half hour but I've gotta head to bed. Time change got me all kinds of fucked up.

Related news:

72% of Americans Approve of Joe Biden's Handling of the Coronavirus Pandemic: Poll--I'll be honest and say I feel like it's kind of a shitty poll, but it's still far above Trump's approval for his "handling" of the crisis while he was in office. It will likely, unfairly, take a hit as numbers start heading back up in various parts of the country.

Stay safe, folks.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/28/donal...dministration/

Donald Trump, wedding crasher.

Yes, Trump is now resorting to crashing weddings and taking over the mic so he can unload all his political Tweets for a few minutes before someone gets their racist, drunk grandpa and brings him back to the memory care facility.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/28/donal...dministration/

Donald Trump, wedding crasher.

Yes, Trump is now resorting to crashing weddings and taking over the mic so he can unload all his political Tweets for a few minutes before someone gets their racist, drunk grandpa and brings him back to the memory care facility.
    Going through twitter withdrawals so hard he's basically just shouting at random people. oldmanyellsatcloud.jpeg

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866