Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    But I just have to wonder... How unexpected have these crashes been? One Google search suggested something called MAGA-themed weddings. For all that is holy...
    Somehow I don't see Trump attending too many weddings where the bride is in a camo dress and the groom is in a tuxedo tshirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Somehow I don't see Trump attending too many weddings where the bride is in a camo dress and the groom is in a tuxedo tshirt.
    I think at this point, a mic and an audience is all he wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I think at this point, a mic and an audience is all he wants.
    Shit man, when can I catch Trump emceeing at the Piggly Wiggly?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit man, when can I catch Trump emceeing at the Piggly Wiggly?!
    No idea, but be sure to alert me when it happens, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Monday quick report:

59,599 new cases, 639 deaths, bringing the total to 563,206. Monday reports are still not indicative, but the fact that there were about 13k more new cases than last Monday is concerning. The next couple of days will, as always, paint a clearer picture--
    CDC chief warns of 'impending doom' as Covid cases surge

For fuck's sake...

Say safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What. The. Holy. Fuck.

Why in the hell would he single out men in that statement. It literally takes more work to do that. He had to mean it.
    Because the women would be at home, barefoot and pregnant. Thank Cher the Wifi reaches the kitchen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Because the women would be at home, barefoot and pregnant. Thank Cher the Wifi reaches the kitchen.
    Because men make up 60% of the Republican party and roughly 50% of Republican men (i.e. 30% of the Republican party) have said they won't take the vaccine. McConnell is just tallying up numbers and likely sees that losing upwards of 5% of the Republican part is extremely dangerous for their national electoral efforts.

He doesn't care about Republican men, he cares about the Republican parties viability.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to unpack this...

Honestly we need a thread that explains White Trash as an ideology; consequence free living, with maximum cruelty towards all other out groups.
    Basically like when American Dad dropped all politics and just became about the hijinks of a Peak White Trash family.

Because the really earned all of this. With hard work and innovations ...... flipping the overpriced houses of their "friends".

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump gave an interview to NBC went on FOX News called OANN tweeted released a statement saying

Based on their interviews, I felt it was time to speak up about Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx, two self-promoters trying to reinvent history to cover for their bad instincts and faulty recommendations, which I fortunately almost always overturned. They had bad policy decisions that would have left our country open to China and others, closed to reopening our economy, and years away from an approved vaccine—putting millions of lives at risk.
    Trump, who as a reminder led the US into one of the worst per-capita cases and deaths, opposed any form of lockdown, was himsefl an anti-masker until he got so sick he nearly died, killed Herman Cain, and of course the biggie

We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.
    is still calling out Fauci and Birx for his own lack of action.

Trump also said

Dr. Birx is a proven liar with very little credibility left,
    with no sense of irony. He then tried to imply that states that followed Fauci or Birx's advice were doing worse, and of course, I have a list of ten worst COVID states in cases per capita right here:

1) North Dakota — 13,371 per 100,000 population

2) South Dakota — 13,124 per 100,000

3) Rhode Island — 12,681 per 100,000

4) Utah — 11,921 per 100,000

5) Tennessee — 11,576 per 100,000

6) Arizona — 11,503 per 100,000

7) Oklahoma — 11,009 per 100,000

8) Iowa — 10,998 per 100,000

9) Arkansas — 10,900 per 100,000

10) Wisconsin — 10,821 per 100,000

"Seven red, three blue. What are the colors?"

(rolls eyes) Really?

"I don't see California in there."

Well, I can keep going.

11) Nebraska — 10,722

12) South Carolina — 10,545 per 100,000

13) Alabama — 10,438

14) Kansas — 10,389 per 100,000

15) Mississippi — 10,189 per 100,000

16) Indiana — 10,136 per 100,000

17) Idaho — 9,975 per 100,000

18) New Jersey — 9,838 per 100,000

19) Nevada — 9,789 per 100,000

20) Illinois — 9,694 per 100,000

"Another seven and three? What are the odds?"

When talking about R/D compared to who had the most cases? I would say "high".

"I still don't see California."

California and New York are #27 and #28. In that order.

Trump also took a swing at Birx for travelling on Thanksgiving --

"Didn't Trump travel extensively during the campaign, meeting not just family but tons of strangers?"

Yes.

As per usual, Trump is demonstrating that it's difficult, maybe impossible, to be a Trump supporter without being a liar and/or hypocrite. But I'l be fair and, as usual, give those Trump supporters left on these forums a chance. I will let any, nay, all of them choose to condemn Birx for her behavior but also condemn Trump for his own; or, they can give Trump a pass and also give Birx a pass. Or, they can remain silent, which I will take as evidence of cowardice plus I get to answer for them. The answer will be "I am a coward and a hypocrite".

"How much time will you give them?"

Until their next post.

Man, Chelsea Clinton is gonna start getting subpoena'd by Judicial Watch once Hillary dies, isn't she.
    No, no they will just pull a Pope Formosus and exhume the corpse of Hillary Clinton and literally plop her corpse in the defendant's chair in a court room to put her on trial. They would probably have some Judicial Watch flunky be her voice during the trial to answer any questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver_Synod

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    How to unpack this...

Honestly we need a thread that explains White Trash as an ideology; consequence free living, with maximum cruelty towards all other out groups.
    Basically like when American Dad dropped all politics and just became about the hijinks of a Peak White Trash family.

Because the really earned all of this. With hard work and innovations ...... flipping the overpriced houses of their "friends".

Why did you show me this and why does her Twitter handle say WILD AND SEXY!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    No, no they will just pull a Pope Formosus and exhume the corpse of Hillary Clinton and literally plop her corpse in the defendant's chair in a court room to put her on trial. They would probably have some Judicial Watch flunky be her voice during the trial to answer any questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver_Synod

- - - Updated - - -

Why did you show me this and why does her Twitter handle say WILD AND SEXY!?!?
    They look like boomer white trash with money to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    They look like boomer white trash with money to me.
    Euro trash... she is an immigrant... “new Russians”... I know that look well... :/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    More actually in the article.
    The parts about how he single-handedly defeated COVID is especially disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The parts about how he single-handedly defeated COVID is especially disturbing.
    He also invented penicillin and his farts don't smell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    He also invented penicillin and his farts don't smell.
    *ahem* GLORIOUS LEADER DOESN'T FART!

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Oh right. I'll just see myself to the gulag.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think... the who smelt it, dealt it... was an executive order. It was part of his attempt to get wall funding.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I think... the who smelt it, dealt it... was an executive order. It was part of his attempt to get wall funding.
    They're not sending their best farts, they're sending the wet ones, the lumpy ones, the ones that fall into your pants. I'm sure there are some very fine toots coming also.

They're not sending their best farts, they're sending the wet ones, the lumpy ones, the ones that fall into your pants. I'm sure there are some very fine toots coming also.
    Build the diaper!
    Build the diaper!
    FAGA!

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two grand juries formed for criminal prosecutiion of Trump in Georgia.

Near as we can tell, it looks like one is about Trump's extortion call to GA election officials. But the other is "conspiracy". As @cubby will hopefully back me up, lawyers have some leeway when representing clients, they cannot commit a crime on their client's behalf. If you order your lawyer to commit perjury, and they do, that's conspiracy.

Georgia prosecutors have brought on John Floyd, a RICO expert.

Of course, it's not just Georgia. But while Trump is already looking at trouble from his taxes, his shady business practices, and all those loans coming due he can't pay, being actually thrown in jail for extortion is a different matter. Oh, and if NYState tells the judge/jury "we wanted to depose Trump, but he's already in a maximum security prison for extortion and lying under oath" that's honestly probably even better.

And just so we're clear: Trump was crashing weddings in the last couple of days, just to spew the same toxic lie that he won the election. This isn't one thing he said offhand that was misinterpreted. This is an ongoing, systemic issue. And he's spoon-feeding evidence to the grand jury.