Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm looking forward to the Republican party simping hard for Trump, hopefully getting absolutely clobbered, and then trying to figure out what the fuck to do next when it all starts falling apart as the fingers start getting pointed at everyone.

Like, the likes of Nikki Haley, who was once viewed as a rising star in the Republican party and an appeal to a more diverse electorate, much like Marco Rubio once was just a few short years before her, aren't gonna be able to pretend that they didn't bend the knee for Trump at almost every turn and personally greased the wheels for Trump's triumphant return.

It's just really showing how absolutely empty, hollow, and completely ideologically bankrupt the party that is not the actual cult of personality has become. It's hilarious thinking back to the Republican criticisms of Democrats because we thought Obama was a pretty cool cat, compared to the guy that's literally the Second Coming.
    Trump won in 2016. There is no reason DeSantis couldn't win in 2024. Add in a republican Senate and a republican House and he'd be GOLDEN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we don't have an election thread (glares) and this is the catch-all category for "Trump\s allies are all proven hypocrites", I'll post here.

Local sources report that
    a) DeSantis voted remotely in 2016, when there was no outbreak and he was a US Rep at the time, and
    b) his vote was tossed because the signatures didn't match.

In other words, not only is he foaming at the mouth about a problem that basically didn't exist, but he's personally done far worse...recently.

https://thehill.com/media/547929-you...ted-violations

Those in the Trump orbit just can't seem to catch a break. Poor Sebastian Gorka, who as a reminder has an outstanding warrant for his arrest in Hungary where he couldn't get a government job, got his YT channel banned by those evil libruls for *double checks notes* continuing to shill the Big Lie.

Man, these folks are going to be resorting to smoke signals and CB radio sooner rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    2024 is going to be... interesting.
    The best thing that could possible happen to the GOP is for Trump to kick the bucket before 2024. Because whether or not he runs if Trump is still alive he's going to be a dominating force in the primaries which is going to result in a candidate the base loves but the general electorate loathes.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Monday's quick report:

56,522 new cases, 460 deaths, bringing the total to 576,298. Both numbers are down a bit from the previous Monday, but given that Monday's reports are usually wildly inaccurate I wouldn't read much into it.

Related news:

Covid cases are rising in more than half of U.S. states, despite ramp-up in vaccinations

Michigan again reported the highest level of daily new infections on a per capita basis, according to a CNBC analysis of Johns Hopkins data. On Monday, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said the state should "shut things down" as it deals with the surge and that a boost in Covid-19 vaccinations alone will not stop the spread of the virus.

Michigan is recording nearly 7,300 average daily new cases, close to the state's pandemic high of more than 8,300 per day in December. Hospitalizations and deaths are also on the rise in the state.
    Stay safe, folks.

I'm looking forward to the Republican party simping hard for Trump, hopefully getting absolutely clobbered, and then trying to figure out what the fuck to do next when it all starts falling apart as the fingers start getting pointed at everyone.

Like, the likes of Nikki Haley, who was once viewed as a rising star in the Republican party and an appeal to a more diverse electorate, much like Marco Rubio once was just a few short years before her, aren't gonna be able to pretend that they didn't bend the knee for Trump at almost every turn and personally greased the wheels for Trump's triumphant return.

It's just really showing how absolutely empty, hollow, and completely ideologically bankrupt the party that is not the actual cult of personality has become. It's hilarious thinking back to the Republican criticisms of Democrats because we thought Obama was a pretty cool cat, compared to the guy that's literally the Second Coming.
    The danger is that without Covid and Trump being President Democratic turnout is lower and he actually has a chance of winning.

No one thought he had a chance the first time and he won, He wasn't supposed to have a chance the second time and it was close.
    I don't see a reason to think he can't win 2024 if he is the Republican candidate.
    Last edited by Gorsameth; 2021-04-13 at 07:41 PM.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://thehill.com/media/547929-you...ted-violations

Those in the Trump orbit just can't seem to catch a break. Poor Sebastian Gorka, who as a reminder has an outstanding warrant for his arrest in Hungary where he couldn't get a government job, got his YT channel banned by those evil libruls for *double checks notes* continuing to shill the Big Lie.

Man, these folks are going to be resorting to smoke signals and CB radio sooner rather than later.
    I was going to say, last I knew, he still had it, didn't realize that was from today lol. Good the shitlord needs to be deplatformed just like Trump.

[url]
    He will always be the guy who wears the pin of an organization that was under the direction of nazis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

And the guy who was such shit that his own Masters professor or whatever routinely talks about how he's a fuckin idiot who has no business working in national security.

Tuesday's report:

77,720 new cases, over 15k more than last Tuesday.

Top 6:

Michigan: 10,277 new cases (new record); 81 deaths
    Fuck Florida.
    Pennsylvania: 6,120 new cases; 66 deaths
    New York: 5.212 new cases; 48 deaths
    New Jersey: 4,848 new cases; 50 deaths
    Texas: 4,532 new cases; 60 deaths

Haven't had to use the red text in a while. Michigan passed 10k for the first time since about mid-November and set a new record for new cases. The vaccination race is absolutely not paying off there and Whitmer continues fumbling the ball. I'm not sure what to make of New York's drop. I didn't read anywhere that they were having problems reporting, but it's odd that their tally would be so much lower today than those previous. I wouldn't be surprised to see a correction somewhere along the line soon. Speaking of corrections, Florida posted over 9k Tuesday after claiming only about 1.5k Monday. Fuck Florida.

819 deaths is over 50 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 577,179. I won't "jinx it" again by saying what I said last time, but things look, if not great, then at least better even with Michigan's rising death count due to huge number of cases.

Related news:

Michigan Hospitals Are Preparing For Latest COVID Spike to Be Worse Than April 2020--In addition to their record for new cases Michigan also had a new record in hospitalizations on Tuesday. Not good.

COVID-19 fallout threat 'will ripple through the world for years,' intel report finds--I know most of us--myself included--have mainly been looking forward to the end of the current crisis as vaccinations continue and restrictions and "recommendations" are lifted, but this is a sobering reminder that we'll likely be dealing with COVID-19 complications for a long, long time yet. Not counting the fact that the vaccine may well end up being a yearly necessity.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Trump won in 2016. There is no reason DeSantis couldn't win in 2024. Add in a republican Senate and a republican House and he'd be GOLDEN.
    Trump is a brand, DeSantis is still just a politician.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Whitmer continues fumbling the ball.
    Is it Whitmer, or is it Whitmer's constituents who refuse to follow common-sense precautions? While Whitmer isn't asking for another shutdown, new voluntary restrictions have been asked for nicely, and emergency rules set to expire today have been extended.

Whitmer pleads for more COVID compliance. So far, Michigan isn’t listening

Honestly, it feels like Whitmer is trying to arrange some kind of middle ground, and the people of Michigan are saying "no, we'd rather *cough* just do whatever *cough* we want, ugh *WHUMP*".

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Is it Whitmer, or is it Whitmer's constituents who refuse to follow common-sense precautions? While Whitmer isn't asking for another shutdown, new voluntary restrictions have been asked for nicely, and emergency rules set to expire today have been extended.

Honestly, it feels like Whitmer is trying to arrange some kind of middle ground, and the people of Michigan are saying "no, we'd rather *cough* just do whatever *cough* we want, ugh *WHUMP*".
    As I've said before, there comes a time when you have to stop saying "pretty please" and start being the adult. She had no problems doing it last year when everyone was pissing and moaning (and plotting); she should have no problem doing it now when it absolutely still matters. She defied Trump last year to impose stronger restrictions, now she's defying Biden in refusing to do so. And again, if people were just harming themselves in being stubborn dipshits then whatever, but willfully contributing to a threat to public health needs to be reigned in. I don't feel like having a protracted argument on the matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    As I've said before, there comes a time when you have to stop saying "pretty please" and start being the adult
    Good point. That said, the people in Michigan are still acting like children, without the excuse of being children. They're not gettting off the hook.

Good point. That said, the people in Michigan are still acting like children, without the excuse of being children. They're not gettting off the hook.
    Have the elderly and at risk all been vaccinated in Michigan yet? Honestly, I'm ready to just let the rest of those jerks die. I know it sounds harsh, but there's only so much hand holding you can do.

I mean, have you tried to calmly explain to a wild pack of lemmings that they shouldn't run over the cliff?

Oh I'm not letting them off the hook. Like I said, if the little fuckers were only putting themselves in harm's way I'd care less. But the people in Michigan who ARE following the rules and recommendations don't deserve to suffer because Whitmer is allowing the ones who aren't run rampant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I'm not letting them off the hook. Like I said, if the little fuckers were only putting themselves in harm's way I'd care less. But the people in Michigan who ARE following the rules and recommendations don't deserve to suffer because Whitmer is allowing the ones who aren't run rampant.
    Unfortunately that’s been more or less the tenor of the conversation surrounding Covid from day one. People who follow the rules, and people who feel it’s their right to go wherever and do whatever they want and that it’s everyone else’s responsibility to adapt around them.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like I said, if the little fuckers were only putting themselves in harm's way I'd care less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    People who follow the rules, and people who feel it’s their right to go wherever and do whatever they want and that it’s everyone else’s responsibility to adapt around them.
    The ironic thing, is that people who follow the rules outnumber those who won't and will eventually protect them by herd immunity.

*ahem*

Until they all get together in one location, believing the threat has been defeated because they haven't seen it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ironic thing, is that people who follow the rules outnumber those who won't and will eventually protect them by herd immunity.

*ahem*

Until they all get together in one location, believing the threat has been defeated because they haven't seen it.
    But as I’ve said before they create an issue for people who legitimately cannot get vaccines and the potential to mutate new strains of the virus that might be resistant to the vaccines we have.

And, honestly, I think the “fuck your right-wing feelings, this is hard science, get the vaccine or stay out of common society” is a narrative that needs to be pushed a lot more. These trumpkins have been coddled for far too long by politicians, and the ones who still have the spine to stand up to them should do so.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

did or is Michigan a huge spring break traveling bunch?
    i wonder how this correlates to spring break travel vs in state nonsense
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!