10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I think deaths should be lower overall given Biden's vaccination push and the medical community's experience with the virus. This is contingent on us being able to get as many people vaccinated as possible before the variations get deadlier (right now they're just more contagious).
    If the other shoe continues to drop in India, like many of us were afraid was going to happen since the outbreak of this pandemic, then the US portion could very well plummet.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    If the other shoe continues to drop in India, like many of us were afraid was going to happen since the outbreak of this pandemic, then the US portion could very well plummet.
    I work in IT. Our projects have a lot of Indian workers on them, and they are dropping like flies at the moment. Nobody has died yet, thankfully. But bearing in mind the extent to which large parts of the world rely on Indian IT these days, this could make things interesting for the next few months.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account

they are in the middle of a religious festival there, and police are trying, and failing to get people to social distance. They break up one group, and they just congregate somewhere else. Like squeezing a balloon.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Saturday's quick report:

63,625 new cases; 738 deaths, bringing the total to 580,756. As a reminder, 11 states no longer report on Saturdays for whatever reason so a full report is pretty worthless.

Stay safe, folks.

You're suing Mike Lindell for $1.3B? WELL HE'S SUING YOU FOR $1.6B TOO!

https://www.businessinsider.com/mike...r-fraud-2021-4

Insider was not immediately able to locate documents to verify details of the suit.
    Well...maybe. Probably. Who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-lindel...launch-1584656

Speaking of Lindell...seems that Frank missed its second launch this weekend. Lindell is blaming "massive attacks", but it reminds me of something Peter Kolmisoppi, founder of Pirate Bay, said when discussing Parler getting taken offline and struggling to come back -

The pirate bay, the most censored website in the world, started by kids, run by people with problems with alcohol, drugs and money, still is up after almost 2 decades. Parlor and gab etc have all the money around but no skills or mindset. Embarrassing.
    All the money, but no skills or mindset. Which is why a site founded by kids and run by people with tons of problems has managed to stay alive despite the concerted efforts of governments and massive industries to shutter them, while these grifts struggle to even get off the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.axios.com/mlb-falls-out-...a24e64177.html

How the culture wars going?

...oh...so I guess the NHL is now the most popular sport amongst Republicans? Amusing that this has all followed attacks from the likes of Carlson and Hannity on the MLB/NBA/NHL, as well as Trump.

Republicans are literally ruining their own enjoyment of sports to own the libs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.axios.com/mlb-falls-out-...a24e64177.html

How the culture wars going?

...oh...so I guess the NHL is now the most popular sport amongst Republicans? Amusing that this has all followed attacks from the likes of Carlson and Hannity on the MLB/NBA/NHL, as well as Trump.

Republicans are literally ruining their own enjoyment of sports to own the libs.
    Oh, wow...

If that graphic doesn't just highlight the inherent racism of the GoP mindset...

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Oh, wow...

If that graphic doesn't just highlight the inherent racism of the GoP mindset...
    I wasn't gonna point out the demographic analysis of the players and play on those stereotypes but...you're definitely not alone in noticing that.

In related news - https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/statu...95329193504768

I guess the phone number for Lindell is out in the wild. He's hosting some kind of livestream for his shitty service that still isn't up and folks are just having a field day prank calling him. I guess he's just like, taking calls directly and there's no screener, and that he's a fuckin moron because he thought Trump actually called in.

Fuckin toppest of keks, I kinda hope this guy manages to stick around for a while, he's a laugh riot.

Oh, wow...

Yet the NHL is dominated by players from countries with very left leaning policies. I hope they enjoy their entertainment supplied by Soviet Canuckistan.

The NHL is also a league where just shut up and play is deeply ingrained into the culture. So much for being supporters of free speech.

https://www.npr.org/2021/04/16/98776...ation-poll-sho

And amusingly, the GOP culture war on trans kids seems to be something that not even Republican voters really give a shit about, or even support -

I'm actually pretty surprised to see that the numbers are nearly identical across the board.

Note: Republicans don't want trans kids participating in sports as the gender they don't identify as, but don't want it to be prohibited legislatively -

Seems like maybe a moment where the "small government Republican" mindset is actually like, true?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Yet the NHL is dominated by players from countries with very left leaning policies. I hope they enjoy their entertainment supplied by Soviet Canuckistan.
    Don't forget that the NHL does have its LGBTQ Support in the "Hockey Is For Everyone" Campaign that triggers the homophobes and transphobes every year they do it as well. Oh and when the wingnuts went crazy because of Matt Dumba taking a knee during the national anthem in a game between the Blackhawks and Oilers.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They do seem to be big fans of cancel culture, that's pretty demonstrable.

15+ Year Old Account

Dood, at least learn about things before posting a easy-too-look-at-chart (while being oblivious to the reasons), they are in the middle of a festival that equals 4th of July and Thanksgiving all at once.
    The rise in the chart itself obivously couln not by itself stop you from taking a meme shortcut.

Puppet.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Dood, at least learn about things before posting a easy-too-look-at-chart (while being oblivious to the reasons), they are in the middle of a festival that equals 4th of July and Thanksgiving all at once.
    The rise in the chart itself obivously couln not by itself stop you from taking a meme shortcut.

Puppet.
    "India is eclipsing us in cases." "Wow you're so dumb! There's a reason they're eclipsing us in cases!!"

Also, India's blatant refusal to even attempt to limit religious celebrations for COVID is well documented, not unlike the US.

10+ Year Old Account

Puppet.
    <looks around, puzzled>

You talkin' to me?

Because, "dood", I'm at a loss to understand what point you're even trying to make here. But I'll point out a few things:
    • The current exponential rise really started to go up in early March, and has now been going on, unabated, for a month and a half. But seriously...
    • ...whether or not the current exponential rise in India is attributable to a festival makes no difference to the observable fact that there is an exponential rise in India. It's simply immaterial to my post because...
    • ...I never even attempted to state a reason for the recent exponential rise. Furthermore...
    • ...nothing in what I said suggested that India deserved for this exponential rise to happen. And speaking of things that don't make sense...
    • ...what the fuck is a "meme shortcut"? The graph is legitimate and was up-to-date at the time of posting. Are you implying that the graph was a lie? Are you implying that I was attempting to mislead people with factual data? Or do you just not understand the difference between facts and memes? You sure seem to be dancing around on strings of your own making, which is amusing, because...
    • ..."Puppet"? Ell-oh-ell...

The point is that in India, currently, regardless of the reason why, the other shoe is dropping, as things are worse now than they've been since the beginning of the pandemic. If things continue as they have been for the last month and a half, it's going to get absolutely brutal in India, which is something people have been worried about since the beginning simply because of how densely populated the cities are. Those conditions are ripe for a pandemic to burn through the population like wildfire.

And I think we all hope the current exponential rise is brought to a halt before the worst happens.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    "India is eclipsing us in cases." "Wow you're so dumb! There's a reason they're eclipsing us in cases!!"

Also, India's blatant refusal to even attempt to limit religious celebrations for COVID is well documented, not unlike the US.
    The scary part is that countries like India are going to continue to skyrocket, because they may or may not think it's "over", when in fact it's still slated to get much worse. And Trump is partially to blame for that, yes, even in other countries.

15+ Year Old Account
    <looks around, puzzled>

You talkin' to me?

Because, "dood", I'm at a loss to understand what point you're even trying to make here. But I'll point out a few things:
    • The current exponential rise really started to go up in early March, and has now been going on, unabated, for a month and a half. But seriously...
    • ...whether or not the current exponential rise in India is attributable to a festival makes no difference to the observable fact that there is an exponential rise in India. It's simply immaterial to my post because...
    • ...I never even attempted to state a reason for the recent exponential rise. Furthermore...
    • ...nothing in what I said suggested that India deserved for this exponential rise to happen. And speaking of things that don't make sense...
    • ...what the fuck is a "meme shortcut"? The graph is legitimate and was up-to-date at the time of posting. Are you implying that the graph was a lie? Are you implying that I was attempting to mislead people with factual data? Or do you just not understand the difference between facts and memes? You sure seem to be dancing around on strings of your own making, which is amusing, because...
    • ..."Puppet"? Ell-oh-ell...

The point is that in India, currently, regardless of the reason why, the other shoe is dropping, as things are worse now than they've been since the beginning of the pandemic. If things continue as they have been for the last month and a half, it's going to get absolutely brutal in India, which is something people have been worried about since the beginning simply because of how densely populated the cities are. Those conditions are ripe for a pandemic to burn through the population like wildfire.

And I think we all hope the current exponential rise is brought to a halt before the worst happens.
    Yet you posted one rise and the US had how many by now?
    Half of the republican voters dont even want a shot according to polls.

And no, it's not how densely populated it is. Look up Singapore?
    India is basically a third world country, shit will happen no doubt about however that is not a reason to simplify it as 'dense population'.

It comes down to means to combat that epidemic and that is (in short) about: wealth, information, access to vaccine(again either wealth or strategic importance, or partners), religion (both republicans and India comes to mind), etc etc.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

It's late, but just as pointless; it's the Sunday quick report:

51,507 new cases; 312 deaths, bringing the total to 581,080. Both down from the previous Sunday.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet you posted one rise and the US had how many by now?
    Half of the republican voters dont even want a shot according to polls.

And no, it's not how densely populated it is. Look up Singapore?
    India is basically a third world country, shit will happen no doubt about however that is not a reason to simplify it as 'dense population'.

It comes down to means to combat that epidemic and that is (in short) about: wealth, information, access to vaccine(again either wealth or strategic importance, or partners), religion (both republicans and India comes to mind), etc etc.
    You need to get a grip.

My initial post was in response to the fact that the US was at 1/6 the world's deaths from COVID, and the claim that we were moving towards 1/4.

And yet my post said nothing about the US response being somehow better than India's. The simple truth is that the US could be twice as bad as India's, but India's population is four times that of the US, which means that the US proportion of deaths is going to go down if the situation in India isn't turned around.

And Singapore was able to get control and maintain control on the pandemic; India has not been able to, thus far. Also, Mumbai and Delhi by themselves dwarf Singapore, and the health care infrastructure is vastly different, as well.

I'm still not really sure what your point is, nor why you're being so weirdly combative.

EDIT: This really doesn't belong in this thread, anyway. I don't think I'll respond to this tangent further.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'm not asking you to replace "Fuck Florida" because that stopped being funny around oh wait it's still funny.

But what's the term here? Y'all know my feelings about the split between Whitmer and her maskphobic contrarian nonvoters demanding her removal while begging to get sick and die, making "failed their Constitution saves" the best pun ever ever shut up yes it is. So what variant of "Fuck Florida" applies here?

Anyhow, Ivanka and her creepy perv father are now both vaccinated so make sure any of you with Trump supporter mask deniers still in your friends list, make sure you post that where they can see it. My relatives in Alabama have gone quiet and it's as welcome as it is hilarious.
    Michigan: fucking trolls. (inside joke)(most michiganders live under a bridge)
    Last edited by Orange Joe; 2021-04-20 at 12:20 AM.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.