10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The FAA reports an increase jump I do plan to finish eventually Kif spike in unruly and/or violent passengers.

"How big of a spike could it possibly be?"

Well, in a normal year, it's 100 to 150. This year, it's 1,300.

"But it's barely May!"

Yes.

"I thought air travel was way down!"

It still is.

"So how did this happen? And why post here? Oh, shit, it's anti-maskers isn't it?"

Yes. An almost exclusively Trump-based choice.
    Sure hope they're getting lifetime no-fly bans. Shouldn't even be airline-specific; they should share lists of offenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2021/05/...loved-masters/

Yo, what the fuck is up with Republicans continually wanting to talk about the "good" of slavery and how slavery was all sunshine and roses and babies were born (ignore that it was often through brutal rape) and that's just lovely?

The historical illiteracy and low-key overt racism within the party continues to be mildly concerning.
    Pretty sure "slavery was totes okay because slaves loved their masters" is way beyond "low-key" overt racism.

It's one small step away from setting a torch to the cross you've just stuck in some black family's lawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun bit of trivia for the kids to bookmark or use as a coloring book.

This is especially funny because a certain someone (a few people actually) spent 2016 insisting that;
    Clinton was the most bloodthirsty war-monger on earth (contrast to Trump, The Peace Candidate) b/c of her ties to Kissinger. Disqualifyingly so. Oh well.

Here is an email from Jared Kushner to Manafort and Lewandowksi describing his meeting with Kissinger and the guidance Kissinger provided to the Trump campaign

MAnafort and Kissenger, ratfucking the US since Nixon.

Bonus points for the kids addicted to outrage:
    • In the Mueller Report, Manafort and his business partner used "Rigging" accusations in their election work for Yanukovych.
    • His business partner would go on to run Bernie's 2016 campaign.
    • Both of their 2016 US campaigns would run out accusations "rigging".
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2021-05-04 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    they should share lists of offenders.
    I think the TSA handles that. So, yes?

https://richmond.com/news/state-and-...cab48f819.html

Man, Republicans are just out there calling each other "gay Democrats" and then suing to find out who within their party did it, because the only person who could have done it needed to have access to those numbers which...only Republicans had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republicans are just out there calling each other "gay Democrats" and then suing to find out who within their party did it
    But censorship! But freedom of speech!

No seriously, besides the whole "gay" as a derogative (eyeroll) where was the hue and cry when, I dunno, Trump personally insulted more than half the country? Or is "gay" somehow worse than "enemy of the country"?

No seriously, besides the whole "gay" as a derogative (eyeroll) where was the hue and cry when, I dunno, Trump personally insulted more than half the country? Or is "gay" somehow worse than "enemy of the country"?
    They called him the D word...Democrat. There must be hell to pay.

Well I know there have already been court cases saying calling someone gay is no longer slanderous. Is calling someone by the wrong political party slanderous? I would hope not, otherwise all those republicans calling dems communist and Marxists are in for a world of hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of that one case of the Alaskan senator who fucked around about masks on airlines one too many times and found out, when Alaska Airlines banned her; she had to drive 14 hours to Anchorage from Juneau because AA was the only airline flying that route, but the stories focused on the "only airline" angle and not any "she's banned from all airlines" kind of thing.

Monday's quick report:

39,938 new cases; 445 deaths, bringing the total to 591,514. Both totals down from the previous Monday.

Related news:

North Korea says COVID-19 vaccines are 'no panacea,' warns of lengthy battle--In which an actual dictatorial government takes COVID more seriously than the last US administration. I'm not giving NK any credit here because I'm sure propaganda abounds in their messaging, but gosh it would have been nice had the people in charge in the US last year had been (publicly) more open about the danger.

Stay safe, folks.

As Edge said, calling a Republican a Democrat is the equivalent to slapping them on the face with a glove. Do it sometime if they upset you. You might never get spoken to again by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    (chick-chick)

Judge orders release of Trump obstruction memo, accuses Barr of being 'disingenuous'

Boom.

A federal judge has ordered the Department of Justice (DOJ) to release a March 2019 legal memo clearing former President Trump of potential obstruction of justice charges in the wake of the Mueller investigation, with the judge accusing former Attorney General William Barr and agency lawyers of deceiving the public.

District Judge Amy Berman Jackson on Monday ordered the DOJ to release the legal memo within two weeks in response to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the liberal watchdog group Citizens for Ethics and Responsibility in Washington (CREW).

The DOJ had argued in court that the full memo — portions of which have already been released — should be withheld because it falls under exceptions to the public records law for attorney-client privilege and deliberative government decisionmaking.

But Jackson said on Monday that those claims were not consistent with her own review of the unredacted memo or the timeline revealed by internal emails among top Justice Department officials.

Jackson, who was appointed to the federal district court in Washington, D.C., by former President Obama, wrote in a scathing 41-page decision that "not only was the Attorney General being disingenuous then, but DOJ has been disingenuous to this Court with respect to the existence of a decision-making process that should be shielded by the deliberative process privilege."

"The agency’s redactions and incomplete explanations obfuscate the true purpose of the memorandum, and the excised portions belie the notion that it fell to the Attorney General to make a prosecution decision or that any such decision was on the table at any time," she added.

CREW filed its lawsuit in May 2019 seeking internal DOJ documents regarding Barr's public statements around the release of the Mueller report. During the Trump administration, the Justice Department fought back vigorously against the lawsuit, but it's unclear how the agency intends to handle the case in the wake of the decision, which can be appealed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's crazy to think that that was just 2 years ago.
    Hopefully, it will seem like 7 to 10 years, with good behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure obstructing congress is a max of 5 years.
    I won't pretend to know the ins and outs, but, Clinton was impeached for lying to Congress. I would like to believe, therefore, that lying about why you're obstructing Congress is itself a crime.

But I honestly don't know. I just want to skip to the part where we have proof Trump ran the WH mafia.

- - - Updated - - -

WAIT WAIT! I forgot this part!

On March 24, 2019, Barr sent a four-page letter to Congress purportedly summarizing the conclusions of the investigation that had just recently been concluded by then-special counsel Robert Mueller into Russian meddling in the 2016 presidential election. Barr was later widely criticized for spinning the investigation's findings—which would not be made public for another three weeks—in a way that cast Trump in a positive light.

In his letter to Congress, Barr said that he had determined after consulting with the OLC that the facts of the investigation did not support bringing obstruction of justice charges against the president, regardless of what the office had previously said about whether such a prosecution would be constitutional.
    Barr lied when he said "Mueller said don't file charges".

That's not just obstruction for Barr. That's a step towards handcuffs for Trump.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG there's more more.

The inconsistencies between Attorney General Barr’s statements, made at a time when the public did not have access to the redacted version of the Mueller Report to assess the veracity of his statements, and portions of the redacted version of the Mueller Report that conflict with those statements cause the Court to seriously question whether Attorney General Barr made a calculated attempt to influence public discourse about the Mueller Report in favor of President Trump despite certain findings in the redacted version of the Mueller Report to the contrary.

These circumstances generally, and Attorney General Barr’s lack of candor specifically, call into question Attorney General Barr’s credibility
    That's from a ruling in a related case last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    The totally normal Senior senator from Tennessee pops in to NewMAX.

After 5 minutes of temporary blindness, I'm able to post again.

It's like Trump walked into a salon and said, "Give me the Dark Helmet".

Would ya look at the size of that ...
    It’s a virtual planetoid and it has it’s own weather system!
    Looks like an orange on a toothpick!

10+ Year Old Account
    UPDATE:

I think she's got real problems. I've had it with ... I've had it with her. You know, I've lost confidence. ... Well, someone just has to bring a motion, but I assume that will probably take place.
    -- McCarthy, also on FOX News

"Whoa! He said that during the interview?"

Nope. Said the quiet part out loud on a hot mic. Did not say "grab them by the pussy" tho.

So, yeah, McCarthy is trying to get Cheney evicted for not being a Trumper. I would love to see the "legal: reason for throwing her out of Congress. Especially with recent revelations about Barr lying under oath about Trump being guilty of obstructing justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need a legal reason, but I don't think they're going to expel her. Just remove her from her leadership positions.
    So they can remove her from leadership for no reason at all.

...I despise that, but sadly, it sounds accurate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...r-facebook-ban

TRUMP LAUNCHES NEW SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM AFTER HIS BAN FROM SOCIAL MEDIA!!!

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk

It's a blog. Literally, that's it. He reinvented links.net from the mid-90's y'all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a blog.
    So...that big tease I linked earlier was "I'm going to start Live Journal?"

I love this letdown so much I want to have sex with Graham's wife.

So...that big tease I linked earlier was "I'm going to start Live Journal?"

I love this letdown so much I want to have sex with Graham's wife.
    Jebaited (where does that even come from originally?)

I bet his supporters are pretty bummed they can't even interact. It doesn't even look like the "like" button (I assume that's what the heart is) works, kek.