10+ Year Old Account
    No Trump on Facebook... it has been decided...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Did he actually use FB? I only remember seeing his stuff on Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    I don’t know... but, it’s a big hoopla that he is confirmed banned.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Yup...Trump be permabanned

Facebook's ban on former President Trump’s account will continue following a decision issued by its independent oversight board Wednesday.

"The Board found that, in maintaining an unfounded narrative of electoral fraud and persistent calls to action, Mr. Trump created an environment where a serious risk of violence was possible," the board wrote in a statement.

The panel is requesting that Facebook review the decision to develop a "proportionate response that is consistent with the rules that are applied to other users of its platform."

Trump has been suspended from the platform since earlier this year on the basis of posts made surrounding the deadly insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

The board’s ruling is binding, and Facebook has seven days to enforce it.

The decision will leave Trump with limited ways to reach the public in the same way he did while president.

Trump has been issuing statements to the press via email, and while many of them have been shared on social media widely, his reach and dominance over news cycles has clearly diminished.

Unlike Facebook’s delayed decision on whether to reinstate Trump’s accounts, other social media platforms including Twitter permanently banned his account shortly after the posts about the insurrection.

“Obviously Donald Trump has violated Facebook’s terms of service repeatedly, incited hate, spread disinformation, fomented violence and been used as a model for other authoritarian leaders to abuse Facebook. He should be banned forever,” the group said in a statement before the ruling was issued.

“But do not let Facebook’s Oversight Board distract from the need to ensure real accountability for hate speech, election lies, disinformation and other harmful content," they continued.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    If this were such a huge thing as people make it out to be then you'd expect to see transwomen always at the top... yet they aren't as there are tons of CIS women ahead.

Yet Transwomen aren't usually in the top of their field.
    While the numbers of transwomen is incredibly tiny, the number of transwomen athletes are spectacularly low. It still isn't fair. There have been many tests that trans women have an advantage over natural women.
    I ran Track and Field in high school. Even with my mediocre times, if I decided to transition to a woman I would have been able to receive a full athletic scholarship to any school I wanted. I would also hold the current State high school womans track record for 800M

Hell if I trained harder, I might have even qualified for the Olympics as a woman.
    Last edited by ghotihook; 2021-05-05 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    While the numbers of transwomen is incredibly tiny, the number of transwomen athletes are spectacularly low. It still isn't fair. There have been many tests that trans women had an advantage over natural women.
    I ran Track and Field in high school. Even with my mediocre times, if I decided to transition to a woman I would have been able to receive a full athletic scholarship to any school I wanted. I would also hold the current State high school womans track record for 800M

Hell if I trained harder, I might have even qualified for the Olympics as a woman.
    So because of a theoretical problem you would ban all youths that are in hard situation anyways from playing with their friends in school?

Please show an actual problem before you bring this culture war to every classroom. Trans youths are already ostracized enough. No need to also ban them from hobbies because someday the olympics might need new rules.

Honestly. I'd trash the olympic games if it was either that or treating trans youths as actual humans beings. But probably that are only MY priorities.

Edit: but you're aware that this whole "argument" is a strawman anyways. The conservatives are not concerned about fairness in sports. They just want to impose their way of life according to THEIR rules. Bringing up sports is only an argument to not have to say out loud that they hate trans people and would like to remove them. Nice work, carrying their water and their "arguments".
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2021-05-05 at 01:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    His new social media platform, being just a site he posts messages to... would be embarrassing to anyone who understands social media. Which means every CJW (Culture Justice Warrior) will flock to Trump’s “free speech” “platform”...

Edit: I like the CJW term, the more I think about it... instead of having to talk about Lola Bunny boobs or Dr Susse or She’ra boobs or forbidden topics... we can just write them off as CJW, to completely disregard their concerns.

It also defines a battle field, by defining both combatants... SJW vs CJW...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-05-05 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Honestly. I'd trash the olympic games if it was either that or treating trans youths as actual humans beings. But probably that are only MY priorities.
    If you're at that point then every competitive sport should be banned. Because if I'm picking players for a girls team, big strong and fast is my criteria.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're at that point then every competitive sport should be banned. Because if I'm picking players for a girls team, big strong and fast is my criteria.
    Ok... lets go into the argument... Sure, men have generally speaking more muscle mass than women and are bigger. GENERALLY SPEAKING. This whole arguments hinges on the notion that current athletes are somehow "normal" people, but they aren't. ANy kind of athlete that trains in their field is not a typical member of either gender. So the whole argument is kinda silly.

But sure, if it turns out to become a problem, then maybe we need new rules when it comes to competitions or even scholar ships, but until then it is solely used to dehumanize trans persons.

And again, i don't think for one minute that people pushing bathroom bills are in any way concerned about sports, but are just sick fucks who like to dehumanize others because they're different.

So let me ask you the question: Are you okay to ban trans youths from any school sports, because it COULD somehow impact your favourite sports competition? Because that's what's happening.

This whole sports argument is just a nice way to get normal thinking people on board "yeah, sounds reasonable" because the actual reason for these legislature is just plain evil and wont sell as well.

While the numbers of transwomen is incredibly tiny, the number of transwomen athletes are spectacularly low. It still isn't fair. There have been many tests that trans women have an advantage over natural women.

Dude, what do you think you are doing when undergoing this live changing event? Because it sounds like your assuming it's just a name change and buying new cloths, this isn't South Park where you visit a doctor during a afternoon and visiting him again a few years later but this time with a rat.

No guy will dress as a girl and undergo this entire procedure just to be a "top athletic" that's not a thing.

No you wouldn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Probably his campaign spreading fake news.

7+ Year Old Account

Go ahead and transition to a woman then. What? You won’t? Because it’s a complicated process that involves lots of medical therapy, both with drugs and psychologically? Gee, it’s almost as if transition to a woman so you can win a high school track meet isn’t worth the trouble.

Are you in favor of banning aliens from sports as well? They may have an unfair advantage.

Why is the solution to always ban transgender women from sports and not something simpler like banning them from scholarships? I mean, to me, it's still a shitty move, but at least the girls would still be able to play sports in school.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    No you wouldn't.
    My high school best 800M was 2:01, the Rio 2016 qualifying standards was 2:01:50. I was quite lazy with my training and I am sure I could have gone sub 2.
    USA automatic qualifying is 2:02.50
    And that's automatic qualifying, the USA time trials are MUCH slower.
    Last edited by ghotihook; 2021-05-05 at 03:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Not entirely true.

The board told them they have no rules in place for an indefinite suspension. So FB needs to designate a suspension length or permanently disable the account which would then go back to the board for re-evaluation.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't know if comparing trans women to aliens is the best defense my man...
    Aliens coming down to compete in hooman sporting events is about as likely as someone pretending to be trans to get an advantage.

Yup...Trump be permabanned

Facebook's ban on former President Trump’s account will continue following a decision issued by its independent oversight board Wednesday.

"The Board found that, in maintaining an unfounded narrative of electoral fraud and persistent calls to action, Mr. Trump created an environment where a serious risk of violence was possible," the board wrote in a statement.

The panel is requesting that Facebook review the decision to develop a "proportionate response that is consistent with the rules that are applied to other users of its platform."

Trump has been suspended from the platform since earlier this year on the basis of posts made surrounding the deadly insurrection at the Capitol on Jan. 6.

The board’s ruling is binding, and Facebook has seven days to enforce it.

The decision will leave Trump with limited ways to reach the public in the same way he did while president.

Trump has been issuing statements to the press via email, and while many of them have been shared on social media widely, his reach and dominance over news cycles has clearly diminished.

Unlike Facebook’s delayed decision on whether to reinstate Trump’s accounts, other social media platforms including Twitter permanently banned his account shortly after the posts about the insurrection.

“Obviously Donald Trump has violated Facebook’s terms of service repeatedly, incited hate, spread disinformation, fomented violence and been used as a model for other authoritarian leaders to abuse Facebook. He should be banned forever,” the group said in a statement before the ruling was issued.

“But do not let Facebook’s Oversight Board distract from the need to ensure real accountability for hate speech, election lies, disinformation and other harmful content," they continued.
    They'd be better off saying they're a private company and allowed to do what they wish to further their company's goals. The whole independent oversight board construction invites criticism at how independent they can really be as Facebook's board. You can already see the articles showing members comparing Trump to Hitler, serving on left-wing NGOs, testifying at the Democrat's impeachment, working for the Obama administration. The argument is they're a private company able to enforce their rules as they wish, not that they've successfully hired an independent board that will censor fairly.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I don't know if comparing trans women to aliens is the best defense my man...
    Missed the point, or i wasn’t clear. I’m saying they’re trying to ban things that don’t happen.

The “man transitioning to woman to get ahead in high school sports” is as common as the “alien trying to blend in with high schoolers so they can play sports”

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    They'd be better off saying they're a private company and allowed to do what they wish to further their company's goals. The whole independent oversight board construction invites criticism at how independent they can really be as Facebook's board. You can already see the articles showing members comparing Trump to Hitler, serving on left-wing NGOs, testifying at the Democrat's impeachment, working for the Obama administration. The argument is they're a private company able to enforce their rules as they wish, not that they've successfully hired an independent board that will censor fairly.
    Its so funny that with people like you, bias is only a one way problem.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    They'd be better off saying they're a private company and allowed to do what they wish to further their company's goals. The whole independent oversight board construction invites criticism at how independent they can really be as Facebook's board.
    Bullshit... If they claim they made a private company choice, ya’ll still claim it’s bias. It being independent or Jesus him self, would be irrelevant, because there is nothing binding you from claiming bias, if it’s not positive towards Trump.

You can already see the articles showing members comparing Trump to Hitler, serving on left-wing NGOs, testifying at the Democrat's impeachment, working for the Obama administration. The argument is they're a private company able to enforce their rules as they wish, not that they've successfully hired an independent board that will censor fairly.
    You mean like MLB moving their all star game? This is objectively not true, based on the last 5 years... current events included...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Its so funny that with people like you, bias is only a one way problem.
    I don’t understand how a private company saying, we made a choice, would cause less people from claiming bias. I have not seen a single negative thing said about Trump, regardless of how objective it is, be spun as being objective. We literally still have people claiming that Trump won the election... Trump included...

All 20 of them? Including like, the guy from the Cato Institute?

I agree, the "oversight board" is performative nonsense, but it's a fairly broad cross-section of folks that's involved so this is kinda silly nonsense.

And they're not "censoring" anything. Trump violated their rules, he was banned as a result. You're not "censored" because you broke the rules on Facebook any more than you're "censored" for being kicked out/banned from a Wendy's because you've shown up and screamed at customers for months and ignored warnings to stop coming in and screaming at customers.

Trump even has his own little wordpress blog on his site, nobody is being censored.