Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    My high school best 800M was 2:01, the Rio 2016 qualifying standards was 2:01:50. I was quite lazy with my training and I am sure I could have gone sub 2.
    USA automatic qualifying is 2:02.50
    And that's automatic qualifying, the USA time trials are MUCH slower.
    So if it's that easy, why didn't you do it? Why aren't you now an Olympic gold medalist?

Is it, perhaps, because you are NOT in fact a trans woman? And holding up men and saying "What if these people who aren't trans women were trans women?" is a straw man, given that out in the actual real world the people who legitimately are trans woman aren't out there completely dominating the sports competition?

Hell, I'm a female who has done sports, and my sister was an Olympian. Our take is that it's a complete joke that people are willing to put more money into keeping trans women out of women's sports than they are willing to actually put into women's sports in the first place. Is there a potential advantage to being trans? Maybe. But there's DEFINITELY an advantage to coming from a family rich enough to afford sending you to the appropriate training camps and getting all the right gear and being able to take you out of school and travel internationally for high end competitions. Money is a huge advantage in sports, why aren't we banning players from rich families if anyone having any sort of an advantage over someone else is unacceptable?

Oh hey! SIDE BONUS TIME! If you educate children properly and allow the people who need to transition do so with puberty instead of forcing them into the closet until much later, they wouldn't even build up any extra muscle mass or bone density to begin with. Turns out that social conservatives are throwing a shit fit over a problem that exists primarily because of social conservatism. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Missed the point, or i wasn’t clear. I’m saying they’re trying to ban things that don’t happen.

The “man transitioning to woman to get ahead in high school sports” is as common as the “alien trying to blend in with high schoolers so they can play sports”
    Not to mention I saw someone on the radio point out. If a man pretended to be a woman just to crush in woman's sports because he couldn't hack it in the mens. It would be one of the most humiliating things, because either he'd have to live a lie forever and be unhappy and depressed in that manner. Or deal with most of society looking at him as a pathetic individual not some great athlete. Which is kind of why a man isn't going to just pretend to be a girl in order to do well at sports, its just not worth it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    No Trump on Facebook... it has been decided...
    And here's the citation.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazkar View Post
    Not to mention I saw someone on the radio point out. If a man pretended to be a woman just to crush in woman's sports because he couldn't hack it in the mens. It would be one of the most humiliating things, because either he'd have to live a lie forever and be unhappy and depressed in that manner. Or deal with most of society looking at him as a pathetic individual not some great athlete. Which is kind of why a man isn't going to just pretend to be a girl in order to do well at sports, its just not worth it at all.
    Lets be 100% honest, this isn't true. You can look at the Spanish 2000 Paralympics basketball team for proof, where Spain got 10 able bodied people to pretend to be mentally handicapped in order to win the gold medal at the Sydney Paralympics. People will try and cheat. But the solution to that is to ban the cheating and punish the people trying to cheat. You can put rules in for how long before competition a person would have to transition to be eligible. You can check in a year or two later and strip awards and records if a person has mysteriously stopped being trans after they won a competition. You can absolutely aggressively target people who attempt to cheat and abuse a system without having to preemptively attack innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Lets be 100% honest, this isn't true. You can look at the Spanish 2000 Paralympics basketball team for proof, where Spain got 10 able bodied people to pretend to be mentally handicapped in order to win the gold medal at the Sydney Paralympics. People will try and cheat. But the solution to that is to ban the cheating and punish the people trying to cheat. You can put rules in for how long before competition a person would have to transition to be eligible. You can check in a year or two later and strip awards and records if a person has mysteriously stopped being trans after they won a competition. You can absolutely aggressively target people who attempt to cheat and abuse a system without having to preemptively attack innocent people.
    People will try and cheat, I was more commenting on if a single individual chose to pretend to be a girl on their own because they couldn't hack it in men's sports. Without a broad base of support they will end up being ridiculed and shamed for their deceit.

I looked up some post articles on the Spanish 2000 Paralympics, and its not exactly remembered as a glowing moment for spain or the players. But yes groups will try to cheat just for the big W. Or else there wouldn't be a doping problem in the olympics with certain countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Is there a potential advantage to being trans? Maybe. But there's DEFINITELY an advantage to coming from a family rich enough to afford sending you to the appropriate training camps and getting all the right gear and being able to take you out of school and travel internationally for high end competitions. Money is a huge advantage in sports, why aren't we banning players from rich families if anyone having any sort of an advantage over someone else is unacceptable?
    I know we need to stop this derailment but I just wanted to say thank you for providing this argument because it's one I hadn't considered and it helps push me towards what I feel in my gut is the right "side" of this. I still think it's an issue that's not so easy to resolve, but this helps me personally. I will add that my posts with respect to the subject have been purely aimed at the "professional" side of things. I think it's ridiculous to try to keep trans women from participating in school sports regardless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warmonger Liz Cheney, who has virtually no support left in the Great State of Wyoming, continues to unknowingly and foolishly say that there was no Election Fraud in the 2020 Presidential Election when in fact, the evidence, including no Legislative approvals as demanded by the U.S. Constitution, shows the exact opposite
    -- Trump

Hmm.

1) Cheney won her 2020 election by leaps and bounds.

2) "Bomb the shit out of them" Trump calling someone else a warmonger.

3) To which proven results of election fraud does Trump refer?

4) I'm honestly (not sarcastic) a litlte confused about these Legislative approvals. Does he mean certifying the election? Because...I was pretty sure that happened. All 51 states certified the election. And I'm pretty sure they were certified at the federal level right around the time of the murderous insurrection.

I think it's time to get other people in on this. How about @tehdang for one? @tehdang why don't you explain to us the Legislative approvals, the ones Trump is talking about which he says did not happen. I'm clearly missing something, maybe you can help?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    All 20 of them? Including like, the guy from the Cato Institute?

I agree, the "oversight board" is performative nonsense, but it's a fairly broad cross-section of folks that's involved so this is kinda silly nonsense.

And they're not "censoring" anything. Trump violated their rules, he was banned as a result. You're not "censored" because you broke the rules on Facebook any more than you're "censored" for being kicked out/banned from a Wendy's because you've shown up and screamed at customers for months and ignored warnings to stop coming in and screaming at customers.

Trump even has his own little wordpress blog on his site, nobody is being censored.
    I’m glad we found some agreement.

If the independent board published their votes on the decision, we could more see if it’s a majority vote behavior (ie if it’s biased 15-5 in favor of a certain stance, they win the vote, versus it has to be unanimous to ban).

I’m happy to use censorship as synonym to banning when it involves a platform dedicated to speech. Wendy’s sells burgers. It’s not some bad-word boogeyman just because someone invokes it.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    I’m glad we
    Ah, there you are. I asked you a direct question in the previous post. Could you answer it please?

- - - Updated - - -

McConnell was asked what his opinion was on the McCarthy-Cheney issue.

He refused to answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump releases a statement about his FB ban.

Nobody read it. Because it wasn't on FB or Twitter.

What Facebook, Twitter, and Google have done is a total disgrace and an embarrassment to our Country.

Free Speech has been taken away from the President of the United States because the Radical Left Lunatics are afraid of the truth, but the truth will come out anyway, bigger and stronger than ever before. The People of our Country will not stand for it! These corrupt social media companies must pay a political price, and must never again be allowed to destroy and decimate our Electoral Process
    Nothing new here.

1) Yes, the People of our Country will stand for it. They already have.

2) Free Speech, at least in terms of the 1st Amendment, is not FB's problem. FB is not the government.

3) "the truth will come out anyways" sounds like Trump isn't backing down anytime soon. Everyone here who predicted that, well, good call. But it doesn't matter, Trump was banned for advocating violence. His individual posts about the election being stolen were blocked, but that's not what got him kicked for life.

4) This part:

President Trump is still BANNED from Facebook! Ridiculous! We are handing him a Donor List with the names of EVERY PATRIOT who publicly stood with THEIR PRESIDENT when the Left came after him. If you step up in the NEXT 10 MINUTES, we’ll make sure your name is the FIRST name on the list. Please contribute ANY AMOUNT IMMEDIATELY to stand with President Trump and to get your name at the TOP of the Official Donor List!
    5) It looks like that random caps and random ALL CAPS isn't going anywhere.

6) Multiple big name GOPeople are saying that FB and Twitter need to be broken up, citing this as a reason. Okay. Wal-Mart first? Wal-Mart is worth more than FB. And in many places, holds much closer to a monopoly of shopping than FB has on social media. Or, it's a politically-motivated attack, without legal standing.

Trump is lashing out because FB came back four months after cutting off his dick to cauterize the wound. The Party of Trump is lashing out because they want Trump's supporters, but will continue to use FB and Twitter because they are willing to follow its rules in exchange for free advertising. Yes, this makes them hypocrites, but that's a ship long since sailed, isn't it? Trump's thrashing and yelling and stomping his feet does not equate a legal reason. It's just America's most spoiled brat throwing a tantrum, but lucky for us, at least he's doing it where nobody can see or hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Ah, there you are. I asked you a direct question in the previous post. Could you answer it please?

- - - Updated - - -

McConnell was asked what his opinion was on the McCarthy-Cheney issue.

He refused to answer.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump releases a statement about his FB ban.

Nobody read it. Because it wasn't on FB or Twitter.

Nothing new here.

1) Yes, the People of our Country will stand for it. They already have.

2) Free Speech, at least in terms of the 1st Amendment, is not FB's problem. FB is not the government.

3) "the truth will come out anyways" sounds like Trump isn't backing down anytime soon. Everyone here who predicted that, well, good call. But it doesn't matter, Trump was banned for advocating violence. His individual posts about the election being stolen were blocked, but that's not what got him kicked for life.

4) This part:

5) It looks like that random caps and random ALL CAPS isn't going anywhere.

6) Multiple big name GOPeople are saying that FB and Twitter need to be broken up, citing this as a reason. Okay. Wal-Mart first? Wal-Mart is worth more than FB. And in many places, holds much closer to a monopoly of shopping than FB has on social media. Or, it's a politically-motivated attack, without legal standing.

Trump is lashing out because FB came back four months after cutting off his dick to cauterize the wound. The Party of Trump is lashing out because they want Trump's supporters, but will continue to use FB and Twitter because they are willing to follow its rules in exchange for free advertising. Yes, this makes them hypocrites, but that's a ship long since sailed, isn't it? Trump's thrashing and yelling and stomping his feet does not equate a legal reason. It's just America's most spoiled brat throwing a tantrum, but lucky for us, at least he's doing it where nobody can see or hear it.
    Do you have insider information on the legislative proposals he’s referring to? Maybe ask Trump for more information if you want my opinion on it.

Edit for clarity: I’m also in the dark to what he’s referring to here.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have insider information on the legislative proposals he’s referring to?
    That's why I was asking you. Trump's statement cites nothing, and it conflicts with publicly-available facts. There is no "insider information" available, Trump said it on a public statement.

Maybe ask Trump for more information if you want my opinion on it.
    Trump lies all the time about everything. There's no point in asking him.

EDIT: Wait, why would I talk to Trump about your opinion? I was asking (a) about something objective and (b) Trump doesn't know who you are. Or care. Don't tell me you're waiting for Trump to say something, before you have an opinion? That doesn't make sense, considering...

I’m also in the dark to what he’s referring to here.
    Hey, at least you answered. You've seen my challenges get ignored by the cowardly rabid fanbase around here, because they're afraid to say "Trump is lying" or "Trump is making shit up".
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-05-05 at 05:54 PM.

4) I'm honestly (not sarcastic) a litlte confused about these Legislative approvals. Does he mean certifying the election? Because...I was pretty sure that happened. All 51 states certified the election. And I'm pretty sure they were certified at the federal level right around the time of the murderous insurrection.
    If I recall, they made up some sort of nonsense requirement that the state legislatures have to vote to certify their election results, which didn't happen... Because it's not actually required.

Tuesday's report:

42,354 new cases; roughly 10k fewer than last Tuesday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Michigan: 3,120 new cases; 133 deaths
    Texas: 2,857 new cases; 53 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 2,656 new cases; 52 deaths
    New York: 2,480 new cases; 86 deaths

We're beginning the "accurate" reporting week with Florida remaining atop the list. While they are down from their total from last Tuesday, so are most other states. If it weren't for Texas' pathetic rate of decline over the past few weeks (the plateau continues) Florida would probably be the worst of the worst. Fuck Florida and Texas. For what it's worth, most of the country is now in a merely "High" risk state, with only Colorado, Michigan and Minnesota listed as "Very High". A week ago there were a half-dozen other states in that category including a good portion of New England; now they're heading in the right direction. Michigan, South Dakota and Florida continue having the worst positivity rates, 10.1%, 9.1% and 7.3% respectively. California is at the bottom of the list with 1.3%.

853 deaths is slightly lower than last Tuesday and brings the total to 592,409. Michigan continues they're weird method for reporting deaths that makes today's number kind of scary, but their 7-day average is 70. Florida comes in second today as they continue having issues that they can't hide.

Related news:

U.S. Covid Cases Could See ‘Sharp Decline’ by July, CDC Says--This is contingent on vaccination rates not dropping and people continuing to adhere to safety recommendations and precautions. We're already seeing slowdowns on people getting the vaccine with several states not using up their allocations and therefore not ordering more, so that's not great, but even though the predictions show there'll likely be another spike this month we could be in good shape by mid-summer if more people wise up and get their jabs.

'Feels like another world': LA County ER doctor says of region's COVID recovery--Last year I fairly effusively praised California for doing such a good job with their COVID response (there are, after all, 40 million people living in California--10 million in LA County alone) before they shit the bed at the end of the year. Now they've got things under control again for the most part. I doubt anyone will topple their lead in case and death count (though Texas keeps trying to make a run at it), but considering how much worse things could be there it's been a remarkable turnaround this year.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If I recall, they made up some sort of nonsense requirement that the state legislatures have to vote to certify their election results, which didn't happen... Because it's not actually required.
    But that's just stupid. States have certification processes for a reason. There's nothing in the Constitution that tells them how to do it. Is there?

Hey @tehdang you're back on. Could you find the part of the Constitution that Trump is talking about? The part that requires state legislatures to vote on the results? I looked, I didn't see it. Maybe you could find it? This is no longer "I don't know what he means" by the way, you're going to have to go on the record to say "Trump was telling the truth, here it is" or "Trump was lying" this time.

Or, I guess you could refuse to answer. Granted, you know what that means you admit about yourself, but I'll allow it.

But that's just stupid.
    Yes, it is. But they LOST, so they have to make up reasons why it wasn't legitimate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Jebaited (where does that even come from originally?)
    Twitch chat

How bad does that make you feel?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is. But they LOST, so they have to make up reasons why it wasn't legitimate.
    Well hold on, let's see what @tehdang says. After all, he can't just say "I have no idea" anymore. We know it's state legislatures required to vote by the Constitution. We both looked, but it's possible we both missed it. Surely @tehdang can find it? I mean, it's not like he's going to admit he's too scared to look, is he?

I'm sure he'll come back and say "Here it is, I found it" or "I looked, it's not there, Trump was lying". Especially since the only other choice is "I am too much of a coward to look".

Well hold on, let's see what @tehdang says. After all, he can't just say "I have no idea" anymore. We know it's state legislatures required to vote by the Constitution. We both looked, but it's possible we both missed it. Surely @tehdang can find it? I mean, it's not like he's going to admit he's too scared to look, is he?

I'm sure he'll come back and say "Here it is, I found it" or "I looked, it's not there, Trump was lying". Especially since the only other choice is "I am too much of a coward to look".
    To be fair, that explanation was "this is what I think I remember idiots saying six months ago." I absolutely spent zero time actually looking for confirmation on that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, that explanation was "this is what I think I remember idiots saying six months ago." I absolutely spent zero time actually looking for confirmation on that point.
    Well that sounds like a set for @tehdang to spike, doesn't it? It should be trivial for him to say "No, that's not in the Constitution, Trump was making shit up". Which he's free to do. It's taking a few minutes, but the Constitution is not an easy read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Biden seems to be talking to people just fine. Not sure why he thinks the President has had his free speech taken away.
    The fucker is fundraising over being “censored”... it’s insane...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi