10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    For fucks sake Trump was the government when he was "censored".
    You are forgetting the spooky shadow government, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

@Bodakane

Remember, don’t feed the pigeons.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @Bodakane

Was this intended?

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/eddi...ry?id=77462164

HEY! Remember that war criminal Trump pardoned?

Former Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher, who was found not guilty of the charge of murder in the death of a young Islamic State detainee in Iraq in 2017, has made the bombshell allegation that the detainee died as part of a plan to practice medical procedures on him and that his fellow SEALs had all agreed to the idea.

Gallagher, the senior enlisted leader of his SEAL platoon and a medic, provided medical care to the detainee including the insertion of a breathing tube to his throat, but denied allegations that the detainee died after he stabbed him.

Gallagher has maintained his innocence and alleged that disgruntled members of his platoon had stepped forward with allegations of misconduct to frame him.

"The grain of truth in the whole thing is that that ISIS fighter was killed by us and that nobody at that time had a problem with it," Gallagher said on the Apple TV+ podcast "The Line," hosted by Dan Taberski.

"We killed that guy. Our intention was to kill him, everybody was on board," Gallagher said on the Apple podcast. "It was to do medical scenarios on him until he died."
    Cool, so not just him, but his entire platoon are war criminals? And they wanted to do medical experimentation on him? Doesn't that like, violate multiple international treaties and US law?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Cool, so not just him, but his entire platoon are war criminals? And they wanted to do medical experimentation on him? Doesn't that like, violate multiple international treaties and US law?
    Yes, but do you know how much Trump made in donations, by showing his patriotism?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/eddi...ry?id=77462164

HEY! Remember that war criminal Trump pardoned?

Holy fucking shit. Jesus Christ, why is he even saying this? And is it just me, or does he not even sound like he has any remorse about this? What the fuck is he thinking!?

In unrelated news, HOW'S THAT AZ AUDIT GOING?!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ots-china.html

On Wednesday, a member of the Arizona election audit team that has been heavily touted by former President Donald Trump revealed that its examination of the 2020 vote in Maricopa County will include a “forensic” analysis of ballots to determine if the paper is made of bamboo—in order to determine whether or not China delivered tens of thousands of fraudulent ballots to tip the state to Joe Biden.
    I guess Chinese paper is all bamboo based? I can't tell if this is just naked racism, or unintentional racism. Leaning towards the former.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    What the fuck is he thinking!?
    That he's a pardoned man with nothing to fear legally, and that I guess he likes media attention and will probably run for office as a Republican on the, "I'm a pardoned war criminal" platform?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...a01_story.html

And more on the "audit" -

Ballots have been left unattended on counting tables.

Laptop computers sit abandoned, at times — open, unlocked and unmonitored.

Procedures are constantly shifting, with untrained workers using different rules to count ballots.

Arizona Secretary of State Katie Hobbs (D) on Wednesday sent a letter outlining a string of problems that she said observers from her office have witnessed at a Republican-led recount of the 2020 presidential election results in Arizona’s largest county.
    This is going to be a stupid, awful, no-good shitshow and we all knew it from the start. I can't believe this is even allowed to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    In unrelated news, HOW'S THAT AZ AUDIT GOING?!

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ots-china.html

I guess Chinese paper is all bamboo based? I can't tell if this is just naked racism, or unintentional racism. Leaning towards the former.
    I still don’t understand why the ballots would need to come from China... What’s the point? Are voting machines, really just Rube Goldberg machines that include a step in China?

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    @Bodakane

Again for me, I don;lt care who is saying what or how insignificant the forum they are using is, I don't like this dangerous and stupid bullshit going unchallenged. I have no illusions that people like Zeth will ever change, but I believe there's people reading who need to know that shit just isn't true.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I still don’t understand why the ballots would need to come from China... What’s the point? Are voting machines, really just Rube Goldberg machines that include a step in China?
    They were secretly shipped over and dumped in with the rest of the ballots, and somehow nobody noticed 40K+ ballots suddenly appearing out of nowhere!

Totes plausible. Super plausible. Just like the busses taking thousands of people across state lines that weren't be chartered with any bus company and weren't seen by literally anyone, but it totes happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess Chinese paper is all bamboo based?
    So...this seems like a public admission that they aren't really doing a recount, they're hosting a circus.

Let's pretend, somehow, that the Chinese somehow don't have access to wood paper. Somehow. That not only can they not make it, they can't get it in the USA where the ballots would be going anyhow.

Um...wouldn't there still be a problem when their fake ballots show up and the real voter shows up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    What’s the point?
    The point is "We're making a big scene because we already know there's no fraud"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So...this seems like a public admission that they aren't really doing a recount, they're hosting a circus.

Let's pretend, somehow, that the Chinese somehow don't have access to wood paper. Somehow. That not only can they not make it, they can't get it in the USA where the ballots would be going anyhow.

Um...wouldn't there still be a problem when their fake ballots show up and the real voter shows up?
    If this is a circus with bamboo, but not pandas... I demand a recount!!!

That he's a pardoned man with nothing to fear legally, and that I guess he likes media attention and will probably run for office as a Republican on the, "I'm a pardoned war criminal" platform?
    In which case he's an idiot, because judging from that article he was found not guilty of stabbing the guy and only pardoned for the dishonorable conduct of posing with his corpse. The army would be absolutely within their rights to haul him back to court and rake him over the coals for performing illegal medical experimentation on a fucking prisoner of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    When the government openly pressures a company to censor someone, and that company complies, reasonable people would disagree with you.
    Wait, what government is pressuring a company to censor someone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I think he's talking about the Republican effort to split Facebook and Twitter up, which was announced today right after FB announced Trump's band was 100% according to the contract. I mean, what else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    In typical Trumpster fashion, he dropped that turd of a lie, then ran away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    When the government openly pressures a company to censor someone, and that company complies, reasonable people would disagree with you.
    Little-known fact: Trump's administration was still in power when he was banned.

I somehow doubt his government pressured social media companies to ban him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The only caveat is that Facebook doesn’t have indefinite or permanent bans currently and they need to write a rule for that.
    That's Trump, always making new things happen. Remember that time he incited a murderous insurrection?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Little-known fact: Trump's administration was still in power when he was banned.

I somehow doubt his government pressured social media companies to ban him.
    45-D chess.

God I wrote that with a hard /s and I still feel skeevy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheney writes an OP ED for WaPo basically announcing she's not going anywhere.

More than 60 state and federal courts, including multiple Trump-appointed judges, have rejected the former president’s arguments, and refused to overturn election results.

That is the rule of law.