Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Disagree completely.

If I was Jimmy kimmel giving the My Pillow idiot a platform that he didn't already have access to, then you'd be right...but I'm not, so you're not.

The bullshit needs to be answered, plain and simple. It doesn't;t need to go back and forth forever...and it didn't. In fact, I've now made more posts to you then I did to Zeth. Hell, this argument about you admonishing people, is doing more to derail than what Zeth said.

I respect a lot of your opinions, and if someone were to take Zeth's or any of the other bad faith posters' posts too pages and pages and pages of the same argument, then sure speak up. But answering their one post with one post is not a reason for your policing.
    You are giving him a bigger platform here though which is the part you don’t understand, you keep feeding him and enable him to continue the lies when if you would just deprive him of a response, he would largely fade away.

And my response wasn’t just in regard to Zeth, it is in regards to multiple of them that all do the exact same thing. Just look at the whole plurality crap that was completely off topic but ended up making the thread harder to read due to people feeding into it.

I understand pushing back when they are lying and are getting traction from people believing it, but instead the responses they get are giving them traction in helping to make the relevant information harder to get to because it is surrounded in shit.

Edit: And if you really think they are debating in good enough faith to warrant a response, see if they are willing to start a new thread about that topic.

If they do, then continue it there, if it a topic others notice and want to participate it, then great. If they don’t, then they don’t want to discuss that, they just want to derail the topic you are actually discussing at which point any further response you give is helping them at which point you already lost the game they are playing.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2021-05-06 at 01:42 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    You are giving him a bigger platform here though which is the part you don’t understand, you keep feeding him and enable him to continue the lies when if you would just deprive him of a response, he would largely fade away.

And my response wasn’t just in regard to Zeth, it is in regards to multiple of them that all do the exact same thing. Just look at the whole plurality crap that was completely off topic but ended up making the thread harder to read due to people feeding into it.

I understand pushing back when they are lying and are getting traction from people believing it, but instead the responses they get are giving them traction in helping to make the relevant information harder to get to because it is surrounded in shit.
    I mean you're flat out wrong.

This whole Trump/MAGA thing started BECAUSE they weren't challenged. They were mocked and laughed at, but not challenged. They grew strong in echo chambers like Facebook or specific subreddits because there was no real pushback. They don't go away if they aren't confronted, they fester until they explode.

And once again....I made one post. One. But three to you now.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Here's another thought on that particular point: It's 3653 page thread spanning past several years. Specific stuff is already inconceivable to find in all of it. Some random trolls couple page derailment here and there are utterly irrelevant in the sea of posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    First dibs!!!

Just taking dibs, for when this argument progresses to the point where people realize that the piling on is the result of how few disagreeing voices we have left. Next time one of them posts, I called dibs... Until I am done, none of you can respond, else you contribute to the pilling on and the resulting “derailment”.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

This whole Trump/MAGA thing started BECAUSE they weren't challenged. They were mocked and laughed at, but not challenged. They grew strong in echo chambers like Facebook or specific subreddits because there was no real pushback. They don't go away if they aren't confronted, they fester until they explode.

And once again....I made one post. One. But three to you now.
    Not quite, it wasn’t that they weren’t challenged, it was that they were given coverage by people who wouldn’t fact check or challenge them as well.

This isn’t a media outlet where they choose to cover it, those places were. And when the people who did cover it refused to actually cover it fairly that is what caused the issue.

The media let it get to extremes before they largely pushed back on anything. As far as Facebook, they again took the money and then refused to follow up on their paid advertisements while the groups in them actually kicked out views they disliked to give them their echo chamber.

Sorry man, but you are actually helping these people whether you realize it or not. They aren’t persuading anyone here as we all know who they are and what they are doing. All you are doing is making the thread harder to read.

I hate to say it but we both are doing that right now with this as well. But if we can actually start doing this, it will be a long term improvement towards the problem.

Long story short, you think he is trying to actually get people here to believe lies. That isn’t his game and he isn’t succeeding in the slightest in that.

His game is to try and derail this thread and make it harder for anyone to read anything of value. Bonus if he gets threads locked for not staying on topic.

And in that game, they are kicking yours and countless others on this forums asses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Here's another thought on that particular point: It's 3653 page thread spanning past several years. Specific stuff is already inconceivable to find in all of it. Some random trolls couple page derailment here and there are utterly irrelevant in the sea of posts.
    Until you come back after about 24 pages and want to get caught up but it’s 20 pages more now with most of it off topic stuff between 2 or 3 people
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Alright, I will drop this, but when they pull that. Don’t egg them on. Ask them to make another thread about it.

If they do, continue there where it is on topic, if they refuse, then they aren’t trying to debate they are trying to derail, don’t help them do it.

Dropping this now

5+ Year Old Account
    How you all personally handle derails or instigating posts can be discussed privately.

1) We don't mind users mentioning they're starting to burden discussion and suggesting to return to the topic. However, being insistent can ruffle feathers or start a derail as well. You're better off reporting and staying out of a mess others are making.
    2) Users are allowed to reply to any posts they see, unless there is a guideline or warning against it. Discussion drifts naturally, so use your own judgement to not assist or become part of harmful tangents.
    3) Mods can't control who people reply to. If ten users all reply to the same post, then each other about the same post, then finally move on from that post after 10 pages that's their choice. We simply take action where we can and if necessary, whether that's in the form of warnings or infractions.

This is a casual forum, so if anyone should be having a headache over this it should be us. Just keep gabbing and let us know something need doing.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2021-05-06 at 02:02 PM.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The thread is now derailed through the desire for it not to derail. That's fun.
    It did bring up something I think was missed...

What did ya’ll think of Jimmy Kimmel vs Pillow guy? I said my piece above, but I got the impression the person I quoted, didn’t have the same opinion. Here is the bit:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Until you come back after about 24 pages and want to get caught up but it’s 20 pages more now with most of it off topic stuff between 2 or 3 people
    Which is why I drop by very rarely, and tend to read back last 5 pages or so. There are those who have remained active participants throughout the thread, but for anyone else I don't see any sane reason to even attempt trying to read all the missed pages since previous visits. Far too many, and already a huge pile of old news buried by a lot more new ones pouring in. Also, not worth the time, regardless of the quality of the posts missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It did bring up something I think was missed...

What did ya’ll think of Jimmy Kimmel vs Pillow guy? I said my piece above, but I got the impression the person I quoted, didn’t have the same opinion. Here is the bit:

A proper debate where he gets destroyed with facts and logic will do good. Mocking him, fans the flames. We are dealing with a group of people made up by the tenderest of titty babies, and mocking them just reinforces their victim complex.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Veteran GOP pollster Franz Luntz says the Democrats have the perfect tool at their disposal to suppress GOP votes in the 2022 election:

Donald Trump.

According to Luntz, Trump is continuing to push objectively false election info, anything from "millions of illegals voted" to "the audits will find thousands of votes" to "Legislative authority is in the Constitution, it's okay if my supporters look it up, it's an objective statement of fact not an opinion". Most remaining people who sexually self-identify as Republicans are actually Party of Trump, and a large portion of them is the rabid fanbase who believe everything Trump says rather than, you know, finding out for themselves despite being asked six or seven times. By pushing the intentional misinformation that the election was stolen, it also pushes the unintentional misinformation that their vote won't count, so why bother?

What Donald Trump is saying is actually telling people it's not worth it to vote. Donald Trump single-handedly may cause people not to vote. And he may be the greatest tool in the Democrats' arsenal to keep control of the House and Senate in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    By pushing the intentional misinformation that the election was stolen, it also pushes the unintentional misinformation that their vote won't count, so why bother?
    Hmm, I don't buy that theory. Trump will just say all these new republican election laws "fixed" the problems, so now their votes will count for sure!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/twi...tions-platform

Womp womp, Twitter doesn't like circumventing bans either. And will ban accounts that exist just to retweet Trump's blogs. Sad, truly pathetic people, these are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Hmm, I don't buy that theory. Trump will just say all these new republican election laws "fixed" the problems, so now their votes will count for sure!
    I think a lot of it will depend. Trump himself won’t be running in 2022. So how enthused about endorsing other people will he, personally, be?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I guess it’ll depend on 2022.
    I think more likely it will depend on if Trump is on the ballot. If he is, he will try and get them to vote otherwise he won’t care.

So this new revolutionary social media platform is a blog?

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Yes, he innovated a wordpress blog. Conservative alternate reality is a hellscape.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Trump will just say all these new republican election laws "fixed" the problems
    That's valid, but the laws have to be passed first. Which as we've seen, is an ongoing process.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Womp womp, Twitter doesn't like circumventing bans either.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA that's great.

I think more likely it will depend on if Trump is on the ballot.
    Trump is a fat sick senile old man. I think he's too sad, too pathetic, too salty to run ever again. But he loves rallies, he might campaign for others...who pay him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, he innovated a wordpress blog.
    It's a system of tubes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Not only is it a blog, it's a blog with comments disabled. Trump does not want to be contradicted with facts or evidence, and also, this one time someone said something mean about him and he cried for a day and a half.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-stay-n1266541

Reminder: Trump risked the health and lives of two secret service agents so he could do a drive-by wave to his cultish base while he had covid.

- - - Updated - - -

https://lawandcrime.com/first-amendm...ation-lawsuit/

And related...it's sure been a while since Devin Nunes has been in the news! His lawyer owes CNN $21K for filing frivolous lawsuits. That's all, he's still an irrelevant piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Not only is it a blog, it's a blog with comments disabled. Trump does not want to be contradicted with facts or evidence, and also, this one time someone said something mean about him and he cried for a day and a half.
    This is disappointing. Unhinged comments from his supporters would be a gold mine.