Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    What about Biden saying that a veterans daughter looks 19 and objectifying her...oh wait, he's in your party so you will ignore, carry on your trolling
    Whataboutism right off the bat.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

you can, with a straight face, say he did not objectify her by saying she looks 19 sitting there with her legs crossed.........it's not outrage, it is posting knowing that you are okay with one creepy old man but not another. Party over everything, you guys say it about the republicans but here is a prime example of the hypocrisy. Thanks for being the example that everyone will follow.

- - - Updated - - -

What about Biden saying that a veterans daughter looks 19 and objectifying her...oh wait, he's in your party so you will ignore, carry on your trolling
    What about you are the OG hypocrite? Your little game of whataboutism doesn't really work here. We aren't bothered by the likes of you. tRump's a creep, I don't care about Biden. You can suck it.

Did I remember to mention your tiny hands orange clownface is a creep btw?

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Boris Johnson just married his girlfriend who is 25-years younger than him. What's with old, creepy conservative men with women 20+ years under their age? Donald and Melania Trump, Boris and Carrie, Epstein and his Victims.
    Both very much adults. It's really just seems like it's entirely the 'Greedy Old Pervert' party that has a problem, since they like to rape children, which their party fully support by electing them.

Saturday's quick report:

12,661 new cases; 350 deaths, bringing the total to 609,421. However, these numbers must be taken with an entire pillar of salt because it's Memorial Day weekend and 19 states didn't bother reporting this time around. I'm not expecting things to be back on track until the middle of the week.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Stay safe, folks.
    It's a thankless task, man. Oh, wait, no it isn't. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Yeah ain't nobody reporting this weekend.

You too. OH WAIT.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Do you have any other reason aside from their age difference to badmouth this relationship? I mean, I don't know the particulars of their relationship, but even a cursory check shows that she was 30 when they started up together.

So she wasn't a child, she wasn't (as far as I can tell) paid for sex, she's certainly not indebted to him... is there anything inappropriate about their relationship? Because age difference alone, when both are adults, is not inherently inappropriate.

You're just coming off sounding ageist here.

Comparing their marriage to Epstein and his victims? That's just sad.
    If I were to date someone with her age difference. I would be dating a 13 year old. There is still a power dynamic involved and it's still gross. Especially considering the fact dating her is likely what collapsed his marriage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    That's more a rich/famous person thing. Just got to look at all the actors who hook up with much younger women.
    And it's creepy and gross every time.
    Last edited by fwc577; 2021-05-30 at 04:46 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    My understanding - and @cubby can probably correct me if I'm wrong - is that from the standpoint of legal ethics, DoJ lawyers are required to defend those they represent. They can't just say "yeah, that was totally fucked up what my client did, throw the book at them" any more than a public defender could say that about a murderer they're chosen to represent in court.
    Yeah, unfortunately, the DoJ lawyers don't get to pick their clients or their "causes". Usually the cases they are defending have at least some merit and come down to technicalities, and a number of other tedious (but legally enjoyable) issues, so even if the particular DoJ attorney doesn't like the overall concern, the problem is one they still address comfortably. Plus, those peeps in the DoJ are shit-hot attorneys - people may not realize it, but even graduating from the top of Harvard/Yale/Stanford/Whatever law school doesn't put you into the DoJ aside from rare exceptions - you typically need 5+ years before you can work for the federal prosecutors office, and those positions, if one is so inclined, flow right into partnerships as defense firms (corporate or criminal).

- - - Updated - - -

"Little RICO" law being considered regarding investigation into Trump Organization.
    RICO convictions typically involve a person engaging in a “pattern of criminal behavior” through an enterprise over a certain period of time for financial gain. The state law can be utilized with proof of as few as three crimes involving a business or other operation.
    Legally speaking, given what we've already confirmed with the Trump organization (the two sets of books, which might not seem, but is YUGE in prosecutorial land), Trump and his "officers" are becoming more and more fucks.

The RICO laws can get complicated in their minutiae, but essentially, if an organization is convicted under RICO, the officers of that organization are essentially guilty as well.

you can, with a straight face, say he did not objectify her by saying she looks 19 sitting there with her legs crossed.........it's not outrage, it is posting knowing that you are okay with one creepy old man but not another. Party over everything, you guys say it about the republicans but here is a prime example of the hypocrisy. Thanks for being the example that everyone will follow.

So wait saying a little girl looks all grown up now is....?

Oh right you are just bitter and angry, never mind.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I were to date someone with her age difference. I would be dating a 13 year old.
    And the problem there wouldn't specifically be the age difference, it'd be the fact that you were dating a 13-year-old. Age difference is only typically meaningful in the context of both partners being underage.

There is still a power dynamic involved and it's still gross. Especially considering the fact dating her is likely what collapsed his marriage.
    What power dynamic? She doesn't work for him. Unless you're saying that heads-of-state are never allowed to marry anyone?

And it's creepy and gross every time.
    No, it's really not. That's why you're ageist.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Presented without comment other than "This candidate for the Darwin award was enabled by the Trump administration":

Anti-vaxxer sheriff's deputy dies from COVID-19 complications shortly after mocking the vaccine on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Presented without comment other than "This candidate for the Darwin award was enabled by the Trump administration":

Anti-vaxxer sheriff's deputy dies from COVID-19 complications shortly after mocking the vaccine on Facebook.
    That is just like all of those pastors/priests that say it doesn't exist and that their religions will defend them, and then they die from it.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    That is just like all of those pastors/priests that say it doesn't exist and that their religions will defend them, and then they die from it.
    I have a relative who said on Facebook, without any hint of irony, that God sent covid because the armies of heaven will soon fight the armies of hell and God needs more soldiers to ensure a victory. Then went on to say that getting the vaccine is going against God's wishes, and if you're meant to fight for him the virus will claim you so it's a GOOD thing. The vaccine is the work of Satan meant to weaken God's forces. Apparently no one dying from Covid is going to hell to work for the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    I have a relative who said on Facebook, without any hint of irony, that God sent covid because the armies of heaven will soon fight the armies of hell and God needs more soldiers to ensure a victory. Then went on to say that getting the vaccine is going against God's wishes, and if you're meant to fight for him the virus will claim you so it's a GOOD thing. The vaccine is the work of Satan meant to weaken God's forces. Apparently no one dying from Covid is going to hell to work for the devil.
    Yeah, my step dad is almost this delusional, just without the religion.

Almost like the one Tiktok post I was scrolling through where the dad was trying to literally pay $2000 to his daughter to not get the vaccine, cuz he said that she was going to die in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    What power dynamic? She doesn't work for him. Unless you're saying that heads-of-state are never allowed to marry anyone?
    Why are you even commenting? Your opinion on the matter here is moot and pointless.

You said you don't know anything about the particulars, so let me enlighten you.

Boris cheated with Carrie while she was head of communications for the Conservative party and he was the Conservative Prime Minister. This led to the divorce from his previous wife.

She no longer works for him because they were banging and there was some potential misconduct.

Boris left behind a cancer-striken wife and their 4 kids because he wanted some younger thot's pussy.

It's not ageist at all by the way. I'm not specifically criticizing Boris cuz they're both a couple of sick cunts. She just wants to suck dick to up her status some more.

She used to campaign for Boris back when she was 22 and he was 46. So it makes you wonder how long their affair had been going on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Further illustrating their point, the DoJ adds four more defendants to the Oath Keepers conspiracy to commit murderous insurrection case.

The key word, of course, is "conspiracy". We've discussed this before, and are now seeing it in action.

- - - Updated - - -

So TheHill named 9 possible GOP 2024 candidates who are not Trump.

As we look over this list, I'll first say that, if Trump runs, possibly in an orange jumpsuit, then the Party of Trump will push him to the top of the list while any remaining classic Republicans will roll their eyes, sigh deeply, and take a step to the side. Just like they have in the last four years.

[insert]cruz_answering_phones.meme[/douchebag]

So with that in mind, the names:

1) DeSantis

TheHill pointed out that DeSantis came in second in the CPAC poll. I'll respond by saying CPAC was in Orlando because nobody else would allow anti-mask crazies and therefore the poll is biased.

DeSantis' faux Trump attitude and lackluster Florida results make him a lackluster choice. Honestly, if the Party of Trump picks him, I'll interpret that as a sign they're worried about losing Florida.

2) Pence

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Pence was supposed to be the classic Republican watchdog over Trump. He failed in every single possible way. Pence doesn't want to run, and even if he did, couldn't carry the rabid fanbase anyhow.

3) SD Gov Noem

Honestly, she's a good choice. Her record in letting SD get overrun by COVID might actually be a plus for the rabid fanbase, and by GOP standards she's both young and female. All Trump has to say is "I'd fuck her" and she gets the nomination.

4) Nikki Haley

Haley doesn't seem to want to run, but would otherwise have half of Pence's problems and half of Noem's benefits. She can't generate Trump-level energy.

5) Pompeo

Pompeo went on Hannity, so that just adds to the pile of "I want to be Trump too" we've seen. However he'll chase off the classic Republicans, having done too much to lead directly to Trump's impeachment.

6) Missouri Sen. Hawley

I honestly don't know who this guy is. His name didn't come up a lot. He did challenge the election in public, so, see Pompeo above.

7) Sen. Cotton

Solid choice. Old, rich, white, and trying to straddle the line between the classic Republicans and the Party of Trump for years. Probably the strongest option on the list.

8) SC Sen. Scott

African-American. Won't survive GOP primaries. Next!

9) National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee Chair Rick Scott

I don't think this guy has any advantages over Sen. Cotton, so they'd be better off with him.

What do you guys think? If Trump can't run, for example because he dies of acute fatassity, who do you think the GOP will put forward?

Memorial Day weekend means Sunday's COVID numbers aren't worth repeating here. I'm not expecting the Monday totals to be much better, but I may report on them tomorrow if they prove me wrong.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll file this under "I'll believe it when I see it" but it's too good a Guess the Speaker! to skip.

I understand Republicans want to get away from Donald Trump. I mean, if Donald Trump disappeared tomorrow, I don't think you'd have many Republicans in the search party, right? Maybe a few prosecutors, but not Republicans
    "Clearly a Republican no longer running for office."

Yep, that's the problem, isn't it? She left office in 2019.

"Fine fine, who is she?"

Until someone speaks against Trump while also trying to hold/run for office, I have basically stopped caring. Funny quote, but you can be funny and still be irrelevant and/or a coward.

- - - Updated - - -

Threats against federal judges fucking spiked last year, about ten times as many as normal.

Coincidentally, Trump's attacks on judges also spiked last year.

Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Further illustrating their point, the DoJ adds four more defendants to the Oath Keepers conspiracy to commit murderous insurrection case.

The key word, of course, is "conspiracy". We've discussed this before, and are now seeing it in action.

- - - Updated - - -

So TheHill named 9 possible GOP 2024 candidates who are not Trump.

As we look over this list, I'll first say that, if Trump runs, possibly in an orange jumpsuit, then the Party of Trump will push him to the top of the list while any remaining classic Republicans will roll their eyes, sigh deeply, and take a step to the side. Just like they have in the last four years.

[insert]cruz_answering_phones.meme[/douchebag]

So with that in mind, the names:

1) DeSantis

TheHill pointed out that DeSantis came in second in the CPAC poll. I'll respond by saying CPAC was in Orlando because nobody else would allow anti-mask crazies and therefore the poll is biased.

DeSantis' faux Trump attitude and lackluster Florida results make him a lackluster choice. Honestly, if the Party of Trump picks him, I'll interpret that as a sign they're worried about losing Florida.

2) Pence

HAHAHAHAHAHA

No.

Pence was supposed to be the classic Republican watchdog over Trump. He failed in every single possible way. Pence doesn't want to run, and even if he did, couldn't carry the rabid fanbase anyhow.

3) SD Gov Noem

Honestly, she's a good choice. Her record in letting SD get overrun by COVID might actually be a plus for the rabid fanbase, and by GOP standards she's both young and female. All Trump has to say is "I'd fuck her" and she gets the nomination.

4) Nikki Haley

Haley doesn't seem to want to run, but would otherwise have half of Pence's problems and half of Noem's benefits. She can't generate Trump-level energy.

5) Pompeo

Pompeo went on Hannity, so that just adds to the pile of "I want to be Trump too" we've seen. However he'll chase off the classic Republicans, having done too much to lead directly to Trump's impeachment.

6) Missouri Sen. Hawley

I honestly don't know who this guy is. His name didn't come up a lot. He did challenge the election in public, so, see Pompeo above.

7) Sen. Cotton

Solid choice. Old, rich, white, and trying to straddle the line between the classic Republicans and the Party of Trump for years. Probably the strongest option on the list.

8) SC Sen. Scott

African-American. Won't survive GOP primaries. Next!

9) National Republican Senatorial Campaign Committee Chair Rick Scott

I don't think this guy has any advantages over Sen. Cotton, so they'd be better off with him.

What do you guys think? If Trump can't run, for example because he dies of acute fatassity, who do you think the GOP will put forward?
    If something happened to Trump I wouldn't be surprised at this point if they pull a Weekend at Bernie's and roll his bloated corpse out...anything to retain power. I mean it wouldn't be the first time Republicans voted for a clearly dead whoremonger.

While it is true that Cotton would be the "sensible" choice, especially to get back the business/educated Republicans who left the party, the GOP has fed nothing but raw meat to their base for the past 10 years they would demand nothing but the most extreme/emotional choice which would be poor man Trump DeSantes, which (right now who know what's gonna happen in the next 4 years with this massive voter suppression push) if Trump couldn't win the popular vote twice no chance DeSantes can.

My real 100% honest opinion isn't on this list. The Republicans are so fed with propaganda and the only reason why Trump won in 2016 was just the massive amount of free advertisement he had. Why not just officially merge the two? I am being completely serious if Tucker or Hannity would declare their nomination they 100% would win the primary, they would have so much free natural advertisement from Fox News and it would force the rest of the media to acknowledge Fox.

So, what's happening today? Not much, really. Just a former National Security Advisor openly advocating for a Myanmar-style military coup:
    https://twitter.com/MC_Hyperbole/sta...240084489?s=19

"I want to know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here? No reason. I mean, it should happen here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So, what's happening today? Not much, really. Just a former National Security Advisor openly advocating for a Myanmar-style military coup:
    https://twitter.com/MC_Hyperbole/sta...240084489?s=19

"I want to know why what happened in Myanmar can’t happen here? No reason. I mean, it should happen here."
    Ill never get to stop posting it I guess

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. -Samuel Johnson
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.