Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I don't know which part of this video is funnier:

1) Trump, by hiding out at his golf course, is not only living where people pay to be in his presence, but also they must sign a contract that says Trump can stop by whatever they're doing at any time and say whatever he wants without contradiction.

or

2) Trump is now crashing funerals.

Well, according to this, he is writing the "Book of all books." I wonder if it will be the biggliest book to ever be made. Yuge.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...edgdhp&pc=U531

- - - Updated - - -

And here I was hoping I would be able to control metal. Between the 5G, controlling of metal and possible random super power, I thought about shaving my head and starting my own school. Call it the School for Gifted Vaccinated Persons. Name them the V-Squad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only way to get the idiots vaccinated is to fine them. Only people who shouldn't be are those who can't due to health issues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    States Sending Millions of COVID Vaccine Doses Back to Federal Government As Demand Drops--Not a good thing. And yes, it's mostly those states you would expect would have an abundance of ignorance in the population.
    That's how it's going to be then. We're going to have fools refusing to take the shot and a pandemic that we could have gotten under control by now is going to continue to spread for years.

I'd call it insanity, ignorance or what have you. I want to scream at the top of my lungs at these people, but I am wasting my time. I've come to the conclusion the best I can do with these people is limit my interaction with them the best I can and rely on the vaccine as best as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Only way to get the idiots vaccinated is to fine them. Only people who shouldn't be are those who can't due to health issues.
    Some countries tried to do that with mask wearing or breaking lockdown rules, it didn't work well at all and you'll have far less success with vaccines.

As exceptionally frustrating as this situation is, the best we can do is hope social pressures will change their minds.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2021-06-12 at 02:44 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Summer is in full swing down here in the gutter state. My restaurant is doing about 70% more a night than we’ve done in the past. Every place is packed. I’m one of the few people wearing a mask when I’m out anywhere.

Let’s say that I’m not shocked.

Oh, I forgot to mention that my bartender said she wasn’t getting the vaccine because people had shown they were magnetized afterward. This was only met by laughter from me and 2 other guys. The rest of the staff agreed.
    I saw a video some woman claiming that in a hearing, she kept trying to stick a key to her neck and it will fall off in under a second, and then after the third time she said "explain that!" like she had proved anything.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    he is writing the "Book of all books."
    Is he, though? He didn't even write his own book. Then when the author said Trump was worth $5 billion less than he claimed, Trump sued for $5 billion.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no point to them when half the country isn't reporting anything on those days.
    In a completely unrelated report: CNN says Biden will miss his vaccination goal.

"Okay, but why this thread? This is about Trump and his OHHHHHHHHHH right."

Yeah.

The United States looks increasingly unlikely to reach President Joe Biden's July 4 vaccine goal. We need at least 70% of all adults to have one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine, and we're on pace to have somewhere between 67% and 68%.

The overall picture masks, however, an underlying pattern: Nearly all of the states Biden won will make his goal, while all of the states he lost are unlikely to.

The vaccine partisan divide among adults is greater than ever currently. As of Thursday's CDC report, 69.9% of adults in the average Biden-won state have received at least one dose, meaning those states have basically already reached Biden's goal with more than a little over three weeks to go.

Compare this to the states Biden lost and Donald Trump won, where an average 54.9% of adults have received at least one dose. The Trump-won states aren't anywhere close to where the Biden-won states are. You'd have to go back more than a month for the Biden-won states to be averaging a vaccination rate as low as the Trump-won states.
    CNN goes on for some time, likely laughing quietly and shaking their heads in resignation, but you get the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually pretty funny. And sad. Definitely sad.

I assume that lawsuit didn't get very far?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I assume that lawsuit didn't get very far?
    Actually I think I crossed some wires there. The $5 billion suit was against TrumpNation's author. It died in 2011. Trump's "autobiographu" was Art of the Deal. Trump demanded the real author fork over the royalties when he started giving interviews saying -- heh -- that the author only took the job because he needed the money and that Trump was as cheap as a racist Irish joke told by Ebeneezer Scrooge. I don't think Trump actually sued, though.

So, my bad. Trump has so many baseless lawsuits that it's hard to keep them straight.

In other CNN-related news:

John Dean, then-White House counsel to former President Nixon, criticized the Department of Justice’s actions under former President Trump, calling it “Nixon on stilts and steroids” during an interview with CNN.

The comments come in light of a recent New York Times report that found both former attorneys general Jeff Sessions and Bill Barr subpoenaed Apple in order to access data from over a dozen people, including several Democrats on the House Intelligence Committee, after hearing about leaks within the Trump administration.

Comparing Nixon’s scandal over the Pentagon Papers to Trump’s DOJ actions, Dean said that “Nixon didn’t have that kind of Department of Justice.”

Dean also criticized Barr, saying it was apparent from the start that he wanted to do Trump’s bidding.

“The memo he wrote to get the job says, 'I’m ready to execute your presidency like a unitary executive presidency should be, which means no bars hold,'” Dean said during the interview with CNN anchor Erin Burnett. “We now know there are countless examples of norms he was willing to break.”

Dean said that he thinks Barr has to testify, and said he was surprised the Department of Justice hasn’t come out with a statement.

“I hope they’re getting their act together because this is going to be very troublesome. My Twitter feed is just blazing with people disappointed with Justice and their response to this so far,” he said.
    Look, I get the idea of the US govt not wanting to admit the US govt is corrupt to the point of being broken, even if one admin is ratting out another. I get that. I just disagree in this case. Trump intentionally broke all the rules and violated every norm like it was a $130,000 whore. These same norms should therefore not apply to him. If someone goes Gestapo, they should be Nuremberged.

Quote Originally Posted by D Luniz View Post
    I saw a video some woman claiming that in a hearing, she kept trying to stick a key to her neck and it will fall off in under a second, and then after the third time she said "explain that!" like she had proved anything.
    One of the guys who had received his doses pulled off his chef coat to expose to part of his arm where he got shot. When the quarter she used didn’t stick she demanded to try a dime. When the dime didn’t work she said he is lucky nothing happened.

This is just a small glimpse into the life of a restaurant worker in Florida throughout this whole ordeal.

One of the guys who had received his doses pulled off his chef coat to expose to part of his arm where he got shot. When the quarter she used didn’t stick she demanded to try a dime. When the dime didn’t work she said he is lucky nothing happened.

This is just a small glimpse into the life of a restaurant worker in Florida throughout this whole ordeal.
    Well then she's a fucking moron on multiple levels since US coins aren't attracted by magnets anyway (apart from a penny made in the 1940's that was made of steel).

Well then she's a fucking moron on multiple levels since US coins aren't attracted by magnets anyway (apart from a penny made in the 1940's that was made of steel).
    That was not lost on me.

It’s also why I’ve shifted my time at work to much earlier so I can be out of here before these chuckleheads get here.

That was not lost on me.

It’s also why I’ve shifted my time at work to much earlier so I can be out of here before these chuckleheads get here.
    Same here. I'm not yet fully back at work since my accident last year so I'm allowed to choose my hours. I make sure I go in and get home before the maskless hordes start flooding public transport on their way to the pubs.

Luckily at work itself I'm pretty much isolated and insulated from any such morons.

She proved she's ignorant on multiple levels for trying to use a key, modern keys are made of brass and brass isn't magnetic.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn shoulda read more of the thread. I get these folk are uneducated, but this is high school level chemistry shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dumb whore needs a shower if stuff is sticking to her.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Oh, I forgot to mention that my bartender said she wasn’t getting the vaccine because people had shown they were magnetized afterward.
    Tell her it's quite alright that she doesn't get the vaccine, that was the Democrats plan all along. Democrats know that everything is political nowadays so by saying vaccines are important they knew Republicans will not take them. Now that half the country is fully vaccinated guess who is not. Guess who will die in greater numbers from now on. The dude who came up with that magnetizing was a Democrat too, it's all part of the plan to only have Dems vaccinated and Republicans dead so they don't even have to cheat in election because there won't be any Republicans anyway.

/s

Oh, I forgot to mention that my bartender said she wasn’t getting the vaccine because people had shown they were magnetized afterward. This was only met by laughter from me and 2 other guys. The rest of the staff agreed.
    We had some angry dude at work claiming the same thing that the vaccine was full of cancer causing metals that was proven by people becoming magnetized after two shots.

We laughed so freaking hard at this person to the point he started to threaten me.

Thankfully my magic shovel was under my desk and i grabbed it and told the dude "i guess the two of us have to deal with these threats".

He walked away. Helped that there were a whole bunch of us being threatened too, i am sure he was not afraid of me but the huge/sharpened body burring shovel i was holding. Its my zombie chopping shovel!!!

we were left with the famous last words of a MAGAt, that never happens.... "You'll see that we were right".
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Dumb whore needs a shower if stuff is sticking to her.
    I laughed at this way more than I should have
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Now that half the country is fully vaccinated guess who is not. Guess who will die in greater numbers from now on. The dude who came up with that magnetizing was a Democrat too, it's all part of the plan to only have Dems vaccinated and Republicans dead so they don't even have to cheat in election because there won't be any Republicans anyway. /s
    A sad silver lining if there was ever one..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Its my zombie chopping shovel!
    I'm not allowed to keep mine at the office

By the way, I'd love to hear more about the cancer-causing magnetic metals. Because there's a very thin slice in the Venn diagram of people who know which non-iron metals are magnetic, and also, think vaccines cause cancer.

I'm not allowed to keep mine at the office

By the way, I'd love to hear more about the cancer-causing magnetic metals. Because there's a very thin slice in the Venn diagram of people who know which non-iron metals are magnetic, and also, think vaccines cause cancer.
    see i had 3 other zombie tools i could not so i had to settle on the shovel...

its amazing how imitating a shovel is when you pull it out of your sedan. its just so unexpected people really are offsetting and are at a disadvantage. one for the office one for the trunk.

Wait you think these people have more details other than "umm, ahh, oooh....well that's what i heard"
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    We could spend all day talking about why Trump lost the election.

(Looks back 500 pages at this)

And we clearly have. This opinion is not one I necessarily agree with, but I feel is worth discussion.

Message to Trump: This is why you lost the election

There is a compelling scene in the 2014 blockbuster movie “Guardians of the Galaxy” in which the Peter Quill character, played by Chris Pratt, is threatened by the Yondu character, played by Michael Rooker. Yondu looks menacingly into Quill’s eyes and declares, “When I picked you up as a kid, these boys wanted to eat you. ... I saved your life.” Quill screams back in his defense, “Oh, will you shut up about that? ... Normal people don’t even think about eating someone else, much less that person having to be grateful for it.”

Cut to the 2020 presidential election and, according to a forthcoming book by Wall Street Journal reporter Michael Bender titled “Frankly, We Did Win This Election,” then-President Trump angrily interrupted a policy meeting in the Oval Office to vent about Joe Biden by allegedly asking, “How am I losing in the polls to a mental retard?”

That’s how, to begin with. To paraphrase Peter Quill, “Normal people don’t even think about calling someone else a ‘mental retard.’”
    There's more to it of course, but I'm going to skip ahead to some numbers.

A number of Republicans with whom I’ve spoken believe that Trump’s bombastic, bullying, unpresidential antics probably cost him as much as 10 percent of the vote. Let’s give Trump the benefit of the doubt and say it was only 1 percent. That still equals about 1.5 million votes. And, again, he lost Georgia, Wisconsin and Arizona by a total of just more than 42,000 votes.

Nobody likes a bully, and few people like an insult comic as a president. It’s quite logical to imagine that Trump’s churlish, unpresidential demeanor caused at least 1 percent of the electorate to flip its votes.
    Trump lost the popular vote...um, again. But his loss in the EC was likely due to multiple factors. Now that the non-AZ dust is settled, who here believes conservatives dumped Trump in enough numbers to make a dent?

Also, read the rest of the article if you have time. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't make it any less interesting or well-written.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    see i had 3 other zombie tools i could not so i had to settle on the shovel
    I have a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire in my trunk. It's a Halloween prop and I never figured out what to do with it.