10+ Year Old Account
    What a surprise. According to documents just released, Team Trump was putting pressure on the DoJ to, well, manufacture enough voter fraud to keep him in office.

For example, we know Trump fired Barr Dec 14 by Tweet. What we didn't know, is 40 minutes before that, Trump sent an email to the people he was about to promote. This email included marching orders, most importantly, to do everything they could to stop Michigan from certifying.

He also ordered the DoJ through a private lawyer to --

"Was it Giuliani?"

I don't think the lawyer was named. Anyhow, he ordered the DoJ to file a SCOTUS lawsuit to block the election results. Specifically, that six states Trump lost fairly were to be declared invalid, and SCOTUS was to demand a special election.

"Can they do that?"

No. 2000 was a fluke. It was one state not six, was not about election fraud, was not about mysteriously missing evidence, the ruling said they didn't want to set President, and even then, SCOTUS didn't overrule Florida so much as say "stop holding recounts". Which, of course, would have blocked Trump anyhow. SCOTUS does not and will not have the power to throw out honest, legal elections. Ever.

"Okay, but the man was upset. Surely one request isn't--"

He did it five times through Mark Meadows alone. Total has got to be over a dozen.

"Why does this link say 'House Oversight Committee' when this is a DoJ dump?"

Because of the Jan 6th murderous insurrection investigation. They're looking into anything that might have, oh I don't know, inspired a mob to storm the Capitol to lynch Pence and Democrats, and naturally went the route of looking at Trump, who was pushing "fake election" conspiracies up to and during the riot itself. In a move that surprised nobody, Biden saw no reason to withhold documents from the House's polite request. More info from the NYTimes here.

Simply put, there is substantial, documented evidence that Trump was using the weight of his massive fat ass plus his office to directly subvert the will of the people, as well as six states' election laws and results.

Trump was directly trying to be a dictator. Thankfully enough people in his own WH drew the line and he failed. But we still have proof that he tried. Therefore, all Trump supporters are assumed to also support dictatorship in the US unless they specifically and directly refute this move by Trump. I'll start with @tehdang who on this very page says it's okay to support dictators, as long as you also support non-dictators too. Perhaps he will speak on this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Therefore, all Trump supporters are assumed to also support dictatorship in the US unless they specifically and directly refute this move by Trump. I'll start with @tehdang who on this very page says it's okay to support dictators, as long as you also support non-dictators too. Perhaps he will speak on this matter?
    That's a little too tortured of logic to make a good start on things, Breccia.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Well, because I don't believe any of those groups supported or promoted the Jan. 6 rally, which is why Boeing ostensibly pulled funding. And the article did mention that, actually -
    Assumes facts not in evidence.

Because again, it's not that Boeing is greasing palms that the Daily Beast is calling them out on, it's that they tried to pretend they'd stop greasing some palms and made a big show of it, and are right back to it.
    If that's the point of all this, some kind of flip flop on Boeing to stop greasing palms, then I wonder why all the "sedition caucus" highfalutin language. It needs some fleshing out to actual Boeing statements on why they stopped all funding, and why they resumed.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Trumpers and Putin are currently "outraged" on Death of the Nutjob Domestic Terrorist Ashli Babbit.

Yet they didn't want to investigate the Capitol Riots.

Last edited by szechuan; 2021-06-15 at 03:58 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    Trumpers and Putin are currently "outraged" on Death of the Nutjob Domestic Terrorist Ashli Babbit.

Yet they didn't want to investigate the Capitol Riots.

They want an investigation, but not an investigation.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

And Lyn Wood. And Sidney Powell. I think the only person who actually lost their law license was Michael Cohen, and that was for felony conviction of lying under oath. Which I don't see in the future of any of these people, though Rudy is likely fucked for other reasons at this point.
    At least as far as Wood, his investigation towards disbarment moved through the courts a bit this week. I can't find the most recent news, but he appealed the ruling in this article, and the news this week was that his appeal was denied. I don't remember what portion of the court took part in the ruling, so who knows how many more appeals he has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he'll get disbarred. But even if he does I ain't gonna eat a hat. Unless I like, make a hat out of something edible. Which actually sounds kinda fun, I should look into this.
    Homer Simpson nacho hat
    "Nacho Hat – The Joy of Cooking Milhouse" https://thejoyofcookingmilhouse.home...nacho-hat/amp/
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Monday's report:

11,127 new cases, roughly 4k fewer than last Monday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    California: 1,105 new cases; 12 deaths
    Texas: 852 new cases; 3 deaths
    Louisiana: 554 new cases; 7 deaths
    Arizona: 394 new cases; no deaths reported

These are from Monday, so as usual they're underreported--though not as badly as in the weekend where half the country doesn't bother anymore. We're still seeing a decent decline in cases week to week as the vaccination effort progresses, though Delta is rearing its ugly head throughout the country. Over half the states have a 50% or higher vaccination rate; the usual suspects are bringing up the rear--including Alabama who stopped reporting daily last week. Positivity is also still under 5% in all states, though Misery is just barely under at about 4.9%.

237 deaths is over 100 fewer than last Monday and brings the total to 615,328. Florida, New York and North Carolina topped the list this time but we're continuing to see the numbers decline here as well as time goes on. Only 7 states reported double-digits (though I expect this will increase as usual as the week progresses) and the 7-day average is down to around 360.

Related news:

Vermont drops all Covid restrictions as first state to reach 80% vaccination--There is the caveat that "municipalities and businesses" may continue the precautionary practices if they see fit which I think is good and should be the norm as things go forward. New York will also be lifting nearly all restrictions as they've passed the 70% threshold.

US COVID-19 deaths hit 600,000, equal to yearly cancer toll--"It's just one guy coming in from China..."

Study finds a quarter of people with COVID-19 had new medical problems after--This is going to be with us in some form or another for a very long time--and for some people, the rest of their lives.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Those states where people aren’t vaccinating and have no plans to should be seriously worried about Delta. I just hope it doesn’t mutate into Gamma or w/e and cause issues for people who weren’t too stupid to get the jab.
    Unfortunately those who choose not to vaccinate already believe that the vaccine is worse than the Delta variant and no amount of evidence is going to convince them otherwise. I fully expect another surge to go blasting through areas like Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama in the upcoming months as everywhere drops their restrictions and folks flock to areas for vacations before bringing the virus back home with them.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Third Impeachment anyone?

/snark.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Unfortunately those who choose not to vaccinate already believe that the vaccine is worse than the Delta variant and no amount of evidence is going to convince them otherwise. I fully expect another surge to go blasting through areas like Florida, Mississippi, and Alabama in the upcoming months as everywhere drops their restrictions and folks flock to areas for vacations before bringing the virus back home with them.
    I expect Florida will be "fine" (even though they're still the worst in the country in terms of cases/deaths). Their vaccination rate isn't the highest but it's not terrible either, and this is likely off the back of their largely elderly population.

Also, for those who need to hear it, Gamma comes before Delta in the Greek alphabet (and this particular naming convention). The next would be Epsilon, and that was already given to a variant found in California: https://gvn.org/covid-19/epsilon-b-1-427-b-1-429/. Zeta, Eta, Theta, Iota, Kappa and Lambda have also all been assigned.

Severity/danger of a variant isn't higher the higher in the alphabet it's labeled. Variants of interest are assigned a letter and may later be elevated to "variant of concern"--such as Delta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    That's a little too tortured of logic to make a good start on things, Breccia.
    That looks like failure to condemn dictators in the USA. Considering you read what you quoted -- you did, didn't you? -- and failed to condemn dictatorship in the USA, I have no choice but to assume that's direct admission you support dictatorship in the USA.

I put it right over the plate, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    They want an investigation, but not an investigation.
    Lynching I think is the word you're looking for. They want to lynch the capitol officer who defended themselves from a terrorist attack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    They want to lynch the capitol officer who defended themselves from a terrorist attack.
    ...Mike Pence? Are we talking about the calls to lynch Mike Pence by Trump-inspired murderous insurrectionists?

10+ Year Old Account
    ...Mike Pence? Are we talking about the calls to lynch Mike Pence by Trump-inspired murderous insurrectionists?
    Think they are talking about the officer who shot that woman, Ashli Babbitt, who climbed the window at the Capitol. Not Mike Pence.

Last edited by Santti; 2021-06-15 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    I expect Florida will be "fine" (even though they're still the worst in the country in terms of cases/deaths). Their vaccination rate isn't the highest but it's not terrible either, and this is likely off the back of their largely elderly population.

Also, for those who need to hear it, Gamma comes before Delta in the Greek alphabet (and this particular naming convention). The next would be Epsilon, and that was already given to a variant found in California: https://gvn.org/covid-19/epsilon-b-1-427-b-1-429/. Zeta, Eta, Theta, Iota, Kappa and Lambda have also all been assigned.

Severity/danger of a variant isn't higher the higher in the alphabet it's labeled. Variants of interest are assigned a letter and may later be elevated to "variant of concern"--such as Delta.
    Thanks for the clarification about Gamma coming before Delta.

As far as later mutations being or not being dangerous as compared to Delta, presumably MOST of them will be the same or even weaker. The problem is, it only takes one much worse one to really mess things up for a lot of people.

7 letters at least have already been assigned. That's a lot of mutations. Most of them will pass by without notice. YAY that's the good news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Think they are talking about the officer who shot that woman, who climbed out the window at the Capitol. Not Mike Pence.
    Oh dear, my mistake. I wasn't sure which Washington public servant doing their job that Trump supporters want murdered without trial we were talking about.

On topic: Trump cultist Stefanik backs Trump on Trump's use of DoJ subpoenas to investigate House Democrats. Her basic point seems to be "we deserve to know if there were illegal leaks".

Not a huge surprise. Trump supporters should be assumed to back Trump unless they specifically say otherwise. That's why I'm calling them out on these forums and giving them the chance to say otherwise, then pointing out when they don't. But I'm making a note of this for when an investigation is called for into, say, Trump pushing for the DoJ to overturn an election, and she tries to block it.

Oh wait she already did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Thanks for the clarification about Gamma coming before Delta.

As far as later mutations being or not being dangerous as compared to Delta, presumably MOST of them will be the same or even weaker. The problem is, it only takes one much worse one to really mess things up for a lot of people.

7 letters at least have already been assigned. That's a lot of mutations. Most of them will pass by without notice. YAY that's the good news.
    11 letters. But there have been more variants than that--just not ones that were significantly different enough to warrant much concern. Delta is by far the worst right now, both because it is more easily transmissible and because it apparently has about double the risk of hospitalization as the early Alpha variant. Fortunately the vaccines have proven effective against it, but of course those refusing the vaccine are also putting others who CAN'T get the vaccine at risk AND increasing the chances that Delta mutates into something else--possibly something worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are fucked. They are coming for us,
    -- the Proud Boys

Text messages and recordings of the Proud Boys have been revealed for court use.

Another member said that the situation "completely fucking crashes and burns on us." The same person went on to criticize other Proud Boys who handled communications and security on January 6, saying, "I mean, fuck, 'tifa looks like professionals compared to us," referring to Antifa.

In the Proud Boys chat, someone called on Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio to resign. (Tarrio was arrested in DC on an unrelated charge one day before the riot.) The audio chat contained other debates about the group's leaders, whether they were still doing a good job, the role that indicted members should play in the group and whether they should continue doing rallies.

"I understand where we're at in the frat," Nordean said, according to court filings form his lawyers. "I understand that we've taken some risks that we shouldn't have taken. We've done some things we shouldn't have done. Ok, but they've been done, and we need to learn from 'em."

Nordean also said he was no longer a Trump supporter, according to the rough transcript.

One member was shocked by the potential prison sentences for people convicted of the most serious offenses related to January 6. They said: "Twenty goddam years? Man, no matter what we do they're going to throw the fucking book at us." Other members discussed federal conviction rates and prison terms, and suggested that the best option might be to plead guilty.

And a member said he thought the group decided against going to DC for January 6. He said he was confused and upset that members ended up going and hurting the group's public image.

The messages became public on the same day Attorney General Merrick Garland announced new efforts by the Justice Department to crack down on domestic terrorism and extremism.
    Disorder. Failure. Cowardice. Weeping. And the American Nazi version of the Moar DoTs voice chat.

I love this development so much.

-- the Proud Boys

Text messages and recordings of the Proud Boys have been revealed for court use.

Disorder. Failure. Cowardice. Weeping. And the American Nazi version of the Moar DoTs voice chat.

I love this development so much.
    Its all fun and games until you get swept up in the moment and become part of a murderous insurrection charging Capitol Hill.

Not that I have any sympathy for these people. They deserve all of it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Not that I have any sympathy for these people.
    I'm not sure if "sympathy" covers how I feel about the cosplay Nazis, the ones who were only into light to moderate racism and homophobia and were basically caught on tape/text saying "Whoa whoa whoa! Nobody said anything about being real Nazis! Screw this, I'm out!" I'm not sure the ones that flaked out of their coward group for being a double coward should get 20 years in jail, but if their names come up due to mandatory court disclosure I won't lose sleep when their bosses find out.