Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/...-delta-variant

I was going off of this -

So it's not comprehensive since it didn't track the T cells apparently, but still gives me cause for concerns.

IN OTHER NEWS - https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...n-flag-burning

Senator Steve Daines has re-introduced a Constitutional Amendment to ban flag burning, which will go nowhere. However, he doesn't seem to understand or appreciate the irony of his commentary in his support of the Amendment -

Freedom, just not that kind of freedom, yaknow? Why do Republicans seem to so consistently be opposed to freedom off speech and expression?
    I love Republicans trying to score points.

"Senator, why do you disrespect the American flag by introducing this amendment? The official flag code clearly states that the correct way of disposing of an American flag is by burning it".
    The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.
    "Senator, why do you hate America?"
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Man it's good seeing CA under 1K cases a day for a change.

I'm genuinely worried about the Delta variant though, from what I've read vaccines reduce the chance of infection but it's something like 6x less efficacious for Delta compared to other variants like the Alpha/Beta.

This shit is why I still wear my mask even if CA has "reopened", and will be continuing to do so for a while. Even if it doesn't afford me a ton of protection every little bit helps, and should I somehow get it and be asymptomatic I'd rather not share it with everyone I encounter.
    Even when the vaccine is less effective at completely stopping the virus, it's nearly 100% effective at preventing serious illness. If everyone was vaccinated, then Delta might still progress around but cause very little damage. This will potentially devastate the non-vaccinated crowd, though. Maybe it's time they started thinking about their own safety.

I'm not going to hold my breath, though.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-TX) is calling for Biden to take a cognative test to prove he's capable of being President.

"What part of the Constitution is that in?"

None.

"Did Trump take one?"

Well, kind of. Trump's doctor said he took and passed one in 2018.

"What was the doctor's name?"

Ronny Jackson.

"Hell of a coincidence."

Nope, it's the same guy.

"Huh. Well at least he made the results public."

He didn't.

"Well at least he was the WH doctor loyally through Trump's tenure."

He didn't. He was accused of making a hostile workplace.

"Well that's not the worst--"

And drinking on the job.

"Um...I guess there are worse--"

And overprescribing pills.

"Well, fuck."

Yeah. He resigned in disgrace, ran for office in Texas with Trump's full support.

"So...a Trump supporter, maybe rabid fanbase member, is claiming Trump aced it 100% and Biden would fail it, without evidence of the latter nor public evidence of the former. Doesn't that mean his opinion carries as much weight as yours?"

Yes.

"Did Trump take another one?"

Unclear. The famous person, woman, man, camera, TV thing was Trump in 2020 bragging about acing a very hard test. We never saw those results, nor do we know if it's the 2018 test, or something else, or if Trump was just flat-out lying. Or, arguably the worst, he did actually take the test and fail horrifyingly, but doesn't know that. Plus, of course, the chance that he couldn't take "another one" because he never took the first one.

"Well sounds like just another Trump supporter making wild allegations and throwing up smoke."

Normally I would agree. I think Jackson knows Trump is in such poor mental or physical health that he's about to become incapacitated or die.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Where the fuck did that come from?"

Well for one, he's seen the medical reports but nobody else has. Trump slurs his words, goes on and on about conspiracy theories, brags about a test set to "small child" difficulty, snaps out violently when opposed by even his closest allies, and can't walk up or down a gentle decline. Jackson was Trump's doctor and has gone further. I think he's convinced Trump won't be able to support him, or anyone else, for much longer and is playing to what few conscious, sentient moments Trump has left to get whatever the endorsement equivalent is of his name in Trump's will.

For two, the GOP is nothing without Trump. If Trump dies, his fanbase will either fracture into shards, turn violent, or most likely vote for whatever they think is a direct successor. Could be child-rapist Gaetz, could be Nazi-sympathizer Greene, or it could be the man who kept Trump alive and who has Trump's full support: Jackson. I think Jackson knows this, and I think Jackson is rushing like hell to cash in on that support, before Trump starts drooling into his IV tube or has a fatal heart attack.

"Okay maybe, but that still sounds like a pretty partisan take based on minimal evidence."

Hey, he started it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...s-couple-guns/

They're taking the McCloskey's guns after they plead guilty guilty to misdemeanors, $2k and $750 fines each.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're taken the McCloskey's guns
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (deep breath) MUAHAHAHAHAHA

10+ Year Old Account

They're taking the McCloskey's guns after they plead guilty guilty to misdemeanors, $2k and $750 fines each.
    Who dat? Paywalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Who dat? Paywalled.
    The St. Louis couple that cosplayed Country Club Rambo because they thought peaceful protesters marching down a street were going to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The St. Louis couple that cosplayed Country Club Rambo because they thought peaceful protesters marching down a street were going to kill them.
    https://apnews.com/article/michael-b...a4214becd2f30a

Getting a little tiresome, though. I can't be the only one thinking that one of the main reasons people own guns in America, is just because you want to shoot someone?

"Oh boy, protesters outside, let's go wave our guns around, maybe things get hostile, and we get to shoot them!"

I'm rambling, and getting off-topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I thought they were pardoned?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I thought they were pardoned?
    Governor has said he'll pardon them a few times. He still can pardon them, even though they pleaded down from felonies to misdemeanors. But for now they're guilty of the misdemeanors, have to give up their guns, but can both still practice law.

Governor has said he'll pardon them a few times. He still can pardon them, even though they pleaded down from felonies to misdemeanors. But for now they're guilty of the misdemeanors, have to give up their guns, but can both still practice law.
    I hope no one with a brain actually uses them as lawyers though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope no one with a brain actually uses them as lawyers though.
    That still apparently leaves nearly half the population, right?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    That still apparently leaves nearly half the population, right?
    You would think, but sometimes people are desperate enough to believe people like Rudy Guiliani, even if they claim to be smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would think, but sometimes people are desperate enough to believe people like Rudy Guiliani, even if they claim to be smart.
    That's what I mean. There's nearly half the population that are stupid enough to believe Trump, Giuliani, Powell, et al. If they're stupid enough for that, then they're stupid enough not to be swayed away from using those lawyers. That couple are already on their way to being GoP stars.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Trump, a loser, finally admitted to being a loser on Fox News today - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tion-joe-biden

It only took him 226 days.

Trump, a loser, finally admitted to being a loser on Fox News today - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...tion-joe-biden

It only took him 226 days.
    He was...He was FORCED to say these things by Bidens deep state shadow government and Soros!!1

^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    He was...He was FORCED to say these things by Bidens deep state shadow government and Soros!!1

^^
    Soros such a nice guy keeping all of us hundred million or so on his payroll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump, a loser, finally admitted to being a loser
    Shame on you.

Trump is stil pushing the lie of massive voter fraud. The difference between "I won" and "I lost but only because you cheated" is significant, but neither actualy signifies an honest loss.

Trump is still claiming he won, he's just doing it with different words. And he's still telling FOX News that things will change.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Soros such a nice guy keeping all of us hundred million or so on his payroll.
    Imagine being his accountant; having to deal with hundreds of millions of paychecks. They must use similar magic as Santa and his helpers to manage the task.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Shame on you.

Trump is stil pushing the lie of massive voter fraud. The difference between "I won" and "I lost but only because you cheated" is significant, but neither actualy signifies an honest loss.

Trump is still claiming he won, he's just doing it with different words. And he's still telling FOX News that things will change.
    And technically, he's not even saying he lost, just that he didn't win.