10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    the key will be the fact no evidence was ever brought to bear in these suits - still to this day.
    The media are "required" to get headlines and stories out quickly, following what evidence is available. Even FOX News is protected by this when they say things like "Trump said this horrible falsehood that we're reporting on because Trump said it".

Lawyers can't do this. Saying things like "we thought it was true" isn't evidence. And Powell wasn't some random defense attorney trying for reasonable doubt. They were pushing a lawsuit, a bigly yuge one, and as such needed to get beyond the 50/50 mark. And she had nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump claims he made Juneteenth very famous and wonders why "the Blacks" hate him.

No, really.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/tucke...061847413.html

Tucker Carlson Outed As Secret Source: Reportedly Dished On Trump, Fox News

“Mr. Carlson, a proud traitor to the elite political class, spends his time when he’s not denouncing the liberal media trading gossip with them,” wrote media columnist Ben Smith. “He’s the go-to guy for sometimes-unflattering stories about Donald J. Trump and for coverage of the internal politics of Fox News (not to mention stories about Mr. Carlson himself).”

He wrote that Carlson’s willingness to dish is an “open secret” in Washington.

Smith said he trades messages with Carlson himself, and said 16 other journalists from outlets other than the Times had all said Carlson has been a source, with three calling him a “great source.”
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/tucke...061847413.html

Oh please let the Trumpsters turn on him. Let one good thing happen this year.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

This shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did. Carlson always felt more like a calculated schemer than an actual conspiracy nutjob. Hannity...did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post

This shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did. Carlson always felt more like a calculated schemer than an actual conspiracy nutjob. Hannity...did not.
    I just fucking hate anyone that would help and try and usher the death of the country just so he can have a TV show.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    I just fucking hate anyone that would help and try and usher the death of the country just so he can have a TV show.
    Money is a big motivator for people. Don't underestimate it. Look at the cottage industry that started up around Trump and making trinkets or w/e with "Trump" on it to sell. There were entire pop-up stores of Trump merch. You could buy Trump pencils, pro-Trump toilet paper, literally anything. The cult-effect was strong, and a lot of people took advantage of it financially by slapping Trump on any merch they could sell, even people that were politically opposed to him just wanting to make an easy buck. Carlson is just another schiller, who knows if even he believes half of what he puts out, for them it's more about ratings and $ than content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is worse: someone who sets the world on fire because they want to watch it burn, or someone who was paid to strike the match?

- - - Updated - - -

In a straw poll of 2024 potential runners DeSantis beats Trump amongst members of a conservative conference.

There's nothing shocking here, except how logical it is. Trump is too old, fat, and sick to run. He'll be mired in lawsuits or criminal cases. His run was a 3600+ page Shitshow. He murdered 600,000 Americans and counting, which is about 2,000 per day on the golf course. DeSantis has run a large state, and not into the ground (he is running it into the water). Florida isn't the best state in terms of COVID or economy or anything, but it's not the worst either. And while DeSantis has minimal experience, Trump had none.

So why is this a big deal?

Trump supporters aren't logical.

He leads a cult of the rabid fanbase who would rather, in some cases, kill or die rather than admit they were wrong. They act as if he's right about everything even when he objectively lies or fails. His followers stormed the Capital in a murderous insurrection.

And yet, DeSantis won.

Now, this could be because this was a conference in which Trump was not attending, skewing the results to more classic Republican. Or, it could be Trump's weakening grip with no Twitter, FB or even that half-quarter-tenth-hearted blog to keep telling his shamen what to do and how to think.

This isn't a death blow. DeSantis had 75% approval, 71% for Trump. That's low for Trump, but not, like, Cruz low. But any sign that the GOP is moving away from Trump is good for the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump supporters aren't logical
    You don't say?
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

But any sign that the GOP is moving away from Trump is good for the country.
    Except this isn't a sign they're moving away from Trump. DeathSantis has been a loyal Trumper the past four years and went all-in for him during the 2020 election and having him in office would be like having Trump again except likely worse. We dodged a bullet with Trump because he's a fucking moron whose narcissism and undeserved arrogance led him from failure to failure his entire term. We've said for a while now that the next GOP candidate will be Trump but with a brain, and DeathSantis is pretty much that.

The thing about Carlson is he doesn't need the money. So why do it? Fame certainly but I also think he has certain beliefs and those beliefs must be shared with everyone else. Some of that self-righteousness isn't a mask.

Presented without further comment, because, really, what else could I say?

Trump asked whether COVID-infected Americans abroad could be sent to Guantánamo Bay, book says

Former President Donald Trump pondered whether COVID-positive Americans abroad could be sent to Guantánamo Bay in the early days of the pandemic, according to a forthcoming book by two Washington Post reporters.

"Don't we have an island that we own?" Trump queried officials assembled in the Situation Room in February 2020 as COVID-19 was tearing through Asia and Europe. "What about Guantánamo?"

As Trump explained it to his staff, according to the book: "We import goods...We are not going to import a virus."

The United States operates the Guantánamo Bay Naval Base and the infamous Guantánamo detention camp, where terrorist suspects are held in austere conditions, in the Caribbean nation of Cuba.

The officials in the room were shocked at the suggestion to quarantine Americans in Guantánamo, according to the book, and scrapped the idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Except this isn't a sign they're moving away from Trump.
    We'll disagree a little on this. Anyone who is not Trump, is not Trump. Cults don't have vice-leaders. DeSantis won't have the draw Trump will by his name alone.

Yes, if DeSantis gets in power, it's going to be worse, as DeSantis was at least competent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Presented without further comment, because, really, what else could I say?

Trump asked whether COVID-infected Americans abroad could be sent to Guantánamo Bay, book says
    Expose title: "Affliction Rendition: The Pandemic Edition".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

We'll disagree a little on this. Anyone who is not Trump, is not Trump. Cults don't have vice-leaders. DeSantis won't have the draw Trump will by his name alone.

Yes, if DeSantis gets in power, it's going to be worse, as DeSantis was at least competent.
    Trump is old. He's going to be pushing 80 when its time to start seriously campaigning again and he's already having health issues now. Then again you also can't discount his massively inflated ego. I give it a 50/50 chance. Of course this assumes he isn't buried by current litigation by then. (literally and/or figuratively. Seriously dude is old and not in great health.)

If he does run in 2024 his running mate is going to be extremely important since there would be a very real possibility of him dying in office.

He is getting ready to hit the road again and do some rally's though.

Cults don't have vice-leaders.
    No, but they have disciples. DeathSantis isn't Trump, but if Trump gives him his blessing he'll have Trump's braindead followers too. Fortunately right now their relationship appears to be a little strained, so hopefully that continues. But if Trump says "I'll be handling the business side of things while my guy Ron runs the country...according to my wishes" then they'd probably flock to him in droves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except this isn't a sign they're moving away from Trump. DeathSantis has been a loyal Trumper the past four years and went all-in for him during the 2020 election and having him in office would be like having Trump again except likely worse. We dodged a bullet with Trump because he's a fucking moron whose narcissism and undeserved arrogance led him from failure to failure his entire term. We've said for a while now that the next GOP candidate will be Trump but with a brain, and DeathSantis is pretty much that.
    Not just Trump; the Republican Party was seemingly trying to find new footing with the QAnon and Trumpism stuff, so they didn't really have any kind of ideological "plan" at any level, not just at the executive. About the only thing they did start shifting ground on was voter suppression.

I'm fine with this. Take more money from his supporters, take more time off the end of his lifespan and keep reminding most of the country why we can't vote for him or the GOP again.

https://twitter.com/RSBNetwork/statu...37853220737030

Donald Trump, a loser, wished a happy Father's Day to all the other losers of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/RSBNetwork/statu...37853220737030

Donald Trump, a loser, wished a happy Father's Day to all the other losers of the world.
    I still can't believe this whiny manchild was a fucking president of a fucking country.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I still can't believe this whiny manchild was a fucking president of a fucking country.
    He's the id of the Republican party, eventually they were gonna strangle the parties superego and just let its id run wild. We can see what decades of Republican politics leads to: It leads to Trump.