10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Is the NG now the semi-private army of wealthy political donors now?
    *Astronaut meme goes here*

Don't you remember the NG being sent in to kill striking workers when the company's own mercenaries couldn't get the job done?

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/lo...7-9a7cadc69df3

So uh...I guess Trump's personal dentist turned himself in to face charges of "indecent assault" after groping a patient he was walking back to her car after an operation.

How did local PD prove this? Well, the patient reported the crime and they had her call Dr. Hazzouri and recorded the call, in which he apologized for groping her and offered her free dental care.

There's no real joke here, this is shitty. But it's pretty fitting that the "grab 'em by the pussy" guy goes to a dentist who apparently shares that exact same mentality.

10+ Year Old Account
    They KNOW if anyone is kicked out for nothing beyond "not supporting Trump enough" (and we've seen the bar for that is low, and sometimes racist), the Park service is on the hook for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Mr. President,

One of the most frustrating things to watch during your Presidency was the continued attacks on you from fake news outlets with no accountability to truth. I can’t imagine the frustration you and your family felt. Unfortunately, in our positions of public service, we have to accept the reality that often “truth” in the media is no longer based on facts but simply what one feels like saying.

This leads me to your recent press release stating that I am responsible for holding up a forensic audit of the Wisconsin elections. This could not be further from the truth.

Let me first say that very few people have the honor of being named publicly by a United States President. I never imagined mine would be mentioned, much less in this light, from a President that I have publicly supported, and still support. I feel I need to respond even though you will likely never hear of it, as the power of your pen to mine is like Thor’s hammer to a Bobby pin.

Nevertheless, I need to correct your false claim against me. I never received a call from you or any of your sources asking about the election audit. If you had, I would have told you that long before your press release I called the auditor in charge of the election audit that is taking place in Wisconsin and requested a forensic component to the audit.

Prior to owning several businesses, I was an auditor, so I understand the importance of this being done to determine what took place in the last election. This will help guide us as legislators to put fixes in place for any issues found, and more importantly, to ensure the integrity of elections moving forward. I made specific requests on procedures and locations, both of which I have not, nor will not, disclose. If I am not satisfied with the procedures performed, I will request additional work be done. If anyone illegally attempts to hinder information from being obtained, I will use my subpoena powers to get it.

This leads me back to your press release. It is false, and I don’t appreciate it being done before calling me and finding out the truth. This is what both of us have fought against. Being cut from similar cloth in our backgrounds, and knowing that reparation must always be of more value than the wrong done, I have two requests.

First, I ask that you issue a press release in similar fashion that corrects the information and also encourages people to support what I have requested in the audit. Second, you owe me a round of golf at the club of your choice.

I write this as I am about to board a plane due to a family medical emergency. In addition to my Trump socks, I will pull up my Trump/Pence mask when I board the plane, as required by federal law. I figure, if the liberals are going to force me to wear a mask, I am going to make it as painful for them as possible. I will continue to do this regardless of whether or not I ever hear from you.

Thank you for doing great things as our President.

Respectfully,

Chris Kapenga

Wisconsin Senate President
    weird, most people say something more sensual when they fellate someone
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/29/media...ing/index.html

Good piece on CNN about "The NSA trying to take down Tucker Carlson and his show", pointing out that....outside of Tucker, not a single person at Fox is reporting on it. And unlike recent high-profile snooping cases from the DoJ against the NYT/WashPo/CNN, this isn't even eliciting a response from leadershipmanagement.

Which is a long way of saying exactly what the NSA said -

"But that's just exactly what they'd say if they were snooping on him!"

Sure, but I'd imagine the NSA wouldn't be so easily caught, and that if there were actual legs to this story Fox News would be doing wall-to-wall coverage about the "Biden NSA" going after Fox hosts. We'll see that aaaannnnnyyyyyyy day now.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...blicans-497062

Another fun article, this one pointing out that the recently created "Conservative Climate Caucus" (nice alliteration!), which was recently formed by Republican lawmakers including from the Northwest, has been...surprisingly silent in the face of the very recent wave of unprecedented temperatures hitting the region. Just a lot of inaction while clutching pearls about the actions that may need to be taken while attacking Democrats for trying to take action -

“Conservatives are learning to think differently about climate change but they don’t yet know what to think,” said Alex Flint, executive director of Alliance for Market Solutions, an organization of conservatives seeking market-friendly climate policies. “Despite this new approach, many conservatives are not yet comfortable with the scale of the policy needed to address climate change,” he added.

Much like past GOP responses to hurricanes, floods and other climate-linked calamities, the Northwest Republicans' lack of responses to the heat wave raise questions about whether even deadly consequences in their home districts can dislodge Republican lawmakers from their usual stances and talking points on global warming.

And at least one, McMorris Rodgers, is also continuing to lambaste Democrats' and President Joe Biden’s climate proposals as too expensive and grandiose in what she slammed Tuesday as the “left’s ‘rush to green’ agenda."
    Not surprising from the folks bringing snowballs into the House floor in DC in the middle of winter as some kind of "proof" that global warming/climate change doesn't exist, but I'd hoped that some of the more recent actions from the Republicans weren't just window dressing. It appears they were indeed just window dressing.

Another fun article, this one pointing out that the recently created "Conservative Climate Caucus" (nice alliteration!)
    Well the KKK was already taken...

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post

Related news:

US coronavirus: The Delta variant will cause 'very dense outbreaks' in these five states, expert says--The TL;DR of it is that it's rural areas with low vaccination rates and low prior infections and the lowest rates in the country are Alabama, Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Wyoming. We're already seeing it with some of these.

Moderna says COVID-19 vaccine performed well in a lab against delta variant--Good news, and good news for me personally as this is the one I got. Hopefully it'll also hold up against Delta Plus.

Stay safe, folks.
    Yeah, the delta variant is nasty. We are finding out about it here in Australia and it can spread very fast from just fleeting contacts. And our vaccination rate is far lower than in the USA. On the plus side, we don't have any major political party arguing against vaccination - they all agree it needs doing - its just been mishandled.

And vaccination does seem to be working against it. Health officials here spoke of a birthday party were 30 people attended. 24 were unvaccinated and all 24 caught the delta strain. 6 were health workers that had been fully vaccinated and none of them caught it. Its not proof but it is a very good sign.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine the NSA wouldn't be so easily caught
    They weren't. Carlson said it had to be the NSA, because nobody else had his texts or emails.

You know, besides the people he sent them to.

/eyeroll

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They weren't. Carlson said it had to be the NSA, because nobody else had his texts or emails.

You know, besides the people he sent them to.

/eyeroll

Lets see fox just settled another sex lawsuit out of the blue.

Tucker is afraid of something being "leaked"

Fox has a history and pattern of...hmmm...grabbing them by the pussy.

Something tells me we are about to find out something nasty about another fox on air personality..... anyone taking bets??
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Something tells me we are about to find out something nasty about another fox on air personality
    Hmm. I'm not sure I agree, but if you claim something negative about you was leaked by the NSA, you can't really claim it's false.

10+ Year Old Account
    SCOTUS votes 5-4 in favor of the CDC, leaves COVID eviction moratorium intact. It was going to expire next month anyhow.

"Okay, but why post it here?"

I mean, it was Trump's CDC who put it in place. Credit where it's due.

SCOTUS votes 5-4 in favor of the CDC, leaves COVID eviction moratorium intact. It was going to expire next month anyhow.

"Okay, but why post it here?"

I mean, it was Trump's CDC who put it in place. Credit where it's due.
    You know what I love about these votes even more now? I read I think it was a NYT article, how much Alito, even the votes he was on the majority like the catholic/gay couple adoption, because 6 of the supreme court ruled due simply and only due to a technicality, he wrote another piece for his vote. And guy is SUPER triggered because he isn't getting the pure ideologue court he imagined when it became a 6-3 court, so every decision, even the ones that I don't agree with, are that much less bad simply knowing it pisses off Alito regardless of the result. I'll see if I can find the article. I guess this will be one of the last cases they do this session. It should be up to Breyer, but I expect he'll be replaced before next session.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fat dictator and friend to fat dictator Donald Trump, Kim Jong Un, attacks his own party for the crisis caused by COVID. If this sounds strange, it should, not just because "Only I Can Fix It" applies there too, but also North Korea has reported 0 cases of COVID.

No wonder those two got along so well.

In other news, Party of Trump members hold massive photo op, clutching their pearls and wringing their hands about Biden's invitation for illegal aliens to swarm over the border.

I want to cry.

How sad it is that we’ve created this humanitarian crisis. These desperate people think they can come in, which obviously our president has advertised this and facilitated this invasion.
    -- Party of Trump member Miller (R-IL-Communication)

So while--

"Question."

...yes?

"Which invitation, specifically?"

I assume from context Biden's end of Wall construction, and lower number of children put in dog cages until they died. Basically ending Trump's actions.

"So, they had a problem with Reagan, too? He didn't build a Wall, either. And I don't remember him killing that many children that way."

No, Reagan's name didn't come up.

"Did Bush's?"

No.

"Did the other Bush's?"

No.

"Did they mention Obama? He built a lot of that border fence that Trump repaired--"

Look, this is clearly just dog whistling. Businesses in the US continue to hire illegals, as they have for decades, but five months in with things going pretty smoothly and the Party of Trump needs outrage to keep their base distracted from how much COVID they don't have. So, yes, Biden is now the bad guy for not lining up people trying to make a better life for themselves nonviolently (even though, yes, they are trespassing) and shooting them.

This is what it looks like, when you're running against the guy who's fixing everything. You invent problems and blame them on him. The second the Party of Trump turns on businesses who hire illegals, give me a call. I'll be the guy in the back not holding his breath -- I've already turned blue.

- - - Updated - - -

Carlson doubles down using 100% that logic.

No, really.

Did the Biden administration read my personal emails? That’s the question that we asked directly to NSA officials when we spoke to them about 20 minutes ago in a very heated conversation. Did you read my emails? And again, they refused to say ... 'We can’t tell you, and we won’t tell you why we can’t tell you.' My emails. And the message was clear: 'We can do whatever we want.'

Now that the Biden administration has classified tens of millions of patriotic Americans, the kind that served in the military and fly flags in front of their homes, as potential domestic terrorists, white supremacist saboteurs, we're going to see a whole lot more of this kind of thing/
    "WHOA! When did Biden do that?"

I am pretty sure Carlson saw Biden's move to combat domestic terrorism as a blanket statement against Trump's rabid fanbase, which yes, does contain people who say Trump won 80% of the vote and their militia will take over the country if Trump isn't reinstated in August--

"Nobody believes that."

Yes they do. Anyhow, Carlson needs outrage, and is telling his viewers things that will outrage them, such as "the NSA is spying on me" or "Biden thinks you're a terrorist in training" when none of that is true, and he has no evidence to back his claims. He's feeding into Orwellian (he used that word) conspiracy theories because, well, with Trump out of public and things going okay, he needs something.

I'm starting to wonder when Carlson's claims will get beyond what even FOX News is willing to stand by. "The NSA is spying on me and Biden thinks you're terrorists in training" apparently isn't there yet.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trump Organization to be charged with tax crimes tomorrow.

Just the Organization and it's CFO - who has so far not flipped on his Dear Leader. One slow step at a time.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/29/media...ing/index.html

Good piece on CNN about "The NSA trying to take down Tucker Carlson and his show", pointing out that....outside of Tucker, not a single person at Fox is reporting on it. And unlike recent high-profile snooping cases from the DoJ against the NYT/WashPo/CNN, this isn't even eliciting a response from leadershipmanagement.

Which is a long way of saying exactly what the NSA said -

Sure, but I'd imagine the NSA wouldn't be so easily caught, and that if there were actual legs to this story Fox News would be doing wall-to-wall coverage about the "Biden NSA" going after Fox hosts. We'll see that aaaannnnnyyyyyyy day now.
    Just want to highlight this piece from your post - I think this part really hones in on the overall message:

"Tucker Carlson has never been an intelligence target...."

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...blicans-497062

Another fun article, this one pointing out that the recently created "Conservative Climate Caucus" (nice alliteration!), which was recently formed by Republican lawmakers including from the Northwest, has been...surprisingly silent in the face of the very recent wave of unprecedented temperatures hitting the region. Just a lot of inaction while clutching pearls about the actions that may need to be taken while attacking Democrats for trying to take action -
    “Conservatives are learning to think differently about climate change but they don’t yet know what to think,” said Alex Flint, executive director of Alliance for Market Solutions, an organization of conservatives seeking market-friendly climate policies. “Despite this new approach, many conservatives are not yet comfortable with the scale of the policy needed to address climate change,” he added.

Much like past GOP responses to hurricanes, floods and other climate-linked calamities, the Northwest Republicans' lack of responses to the heat wave raise questions about whether even deadly consequences in their home districts can dislodge Republican lawmakers from their usual stances and talking points on global warming.

And at least one, McMorris Rodgers, is also continuing to lambaste Democrats' and President Joe Biden’s climate proposals as too expensive and grandiose in what she slammed Tuesday as the “left’s ‘rush to green’ agenda."
    Not surprising from the folks bringing snowballs into the House floor in DC in the middle of winter as some kind of "proof" that global warming/climate change doesn't exist, but I'd hoped that some of the more recent actions from the Republicans weren't just window dressing. It appears they were indeed just window dressing.
    Are they just going to get together every once in awhile and deny they exist?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Trump's not the worst president, he's only the 41st worst president out of 44, lol.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews...cracks-top-10/

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Well, Trump's not the worst president, he's only the 41st worst president out of 44, lol.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrews...cracks-top-10/
    The only presidents who ranked behind Trump are Franklin Pierce, James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson, all reviled by historians for their seeming culpability in the Civil War or racial segregation.
    Genuinely forgot Franklin Pierce ever existed. Man that's some pretty awful company to share. If I'm ever president, I hope I net out near James A. Garfield, just because of his last name. I have no clue where he actually sites given his extremely brief tenure in office, I just wanna hang with Garfield.

Tuesday's report:

11,427 new cases; about 1.5k fewer than last Tuesday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 1,370 new cases; 20 deaths
    Missouri: 922 new cases; no deaths reported
    California: 830 new cases; 16 deaths
    Nevada: 625 new cases; 8 deaths

California's dropped below 1k again though I'm sure it's a temporary thing. California's doing great in terms of new infections and such but with their population (which includes a large amount of Trumpers, let's not forget) they're bound to head north of 1k again as Delta continues becoming more dominant in the US. Nevada and Missouri continue to be near the top of the chart as their surges continue. Texas continues being Texas.

294 deaths is nearly 150 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 619,980. Florida, Michigan and Texas are up top today, but given that Missouri still doesn't seem to be reporting their daily death totals it's hard to say whether or not they'd be up there.

Related news:

New Jersey, New York see lowest COVID hospitalizations since start of pandemic--Quite the turnaround considering they were ground zero for the worst of it at the start of the pandemic.

With the more contagious Delta variant, some officials are issuing new mask guidance--I've been saying this for a while, but it's becoming more official: Even if you're vaccinated, you should still be wearing your mask.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    One slow step at a time.
    Eighty-two bottles of beer on the wall,
    Eitghy-two bottles of beer,
    I never thought Trump would turn on me
    Eighty-one bottles of beer on the wall.

Charges against the company might not be enough for some people, but I'm really curious how this will play out. Trump's already got serious money problems, and the Trump Org is his best way to make enough to hold off his creditors. If it staggers, he feels it. If it crumbles, he spends the rest of his life sitting on a Mar-a-Lago barstool, realizing that his family only loved him for his money.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eighty-two bottles of beer on the wall,
    Eitghy-two bottles of beer,
    I never thought Trump would turn on me
    Eighty-one bottles of beer on the wall.

Charges against the company might not be enough for some people, but I'm really curious how this will play out. Trump's already got serious money problems, and the Trump Org is his best way to make enough to hold off his creditors. If it staggers, he feels it. If it crumbles, he spends the rest of his life sitting on a Mar-a-Lago barstool, realizing that his family only loved him for his money.
    I'm hoping these tax charges are just the tip of the iceberg. With the CFO not flipping yet, he's also facing charges. I don't know the specific laws of NY or Manhattan, but I think that the officers of a corporation are criminally responsible for the actions of the corporation, and that would include Trump and some of his family. I've got a work deadline or I would throw some research time into it.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm hoping these tax charges are just the tip of the iceberg.
    They might be: https://www.salon.com/2021/06/30/mic...-know_partner/

[people think that] "if Allen Weisselberg does not cooperate with the Manhattan DA's office — and all indications are that he has not and will not — that office will not be able to criminally charge Donald Trump for any of the conduct under investigation."

But Cohen, who spent years working as Trump's "fixer," vehemently disagreed.

"Wrong!" Cohen wrote in response. "They have documents to prove more than you know or should be commenting on. Weisselberg is not the key to a Trump indictment."
    If anyone would know that, Cohen would.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    They might be: https://www.salon.com/2021/06/30/mic...-know_partner/
    [people think that] "if Allen Weisselberg does not cooperate with the Manhattan DA's office — and all indications are that he has not and will not — that office will not be able to criminally charge Donald Trump for any of the conduct under investigation."

But Cohen, who spent years working as Trump's "fixer," vehemently disagreed.

"Wrong!" Cohen wrote in response. "They have documents to prove more than you know or should be commenting on. Weisselberg is not the key to a Trump indictment."
    If anyone would know that, Cohen would.
    That is one strategy that prosecutors use - file charges they know they can prosecute, and use the evidence gathering and depositions from that to go after larger charges. I just hope Trump is still alive to see his company implode.

(it still blows me away that Trump didn't protect Cohen - of all the people not to pardon...)