Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I won't stop you from saying "fuck Wilson", and if I had enough research time I might even join you. But I'm still convinced Trump was worse, and he was worse with the benefit of hindsight, medical tech, and better help. And he was worse, for a worse reason, and on purpose.
    I partially agree with you. Trump could've been a lot better. However the Spanish Flu also demonstrated that people aren't going to take precautions regardless of who's in charge. I don't think the US is capable of a good response just because people are too obsessed with their idea of independence. On top of that GOP politicians are generally incompetent at governing. Trump could've done the right thing and still face planted.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    Supreme Court sides with Arizona on voting restrictions

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...9b2?li=BBnb7Kz

It's shit like this that makes me fear the possibility of another Republican held government. If fucking over minorities from voting isn't a violation of the Voting Right's Act then WTF is? That was the ENTIRE POINT OF THE LAW!!
    Roberts on discriminatory voting laws: "The Voting Rights Act is unneeded since Section 2 will cover against any potential discriminatory voting laws."
    Roberts on discriminatory voting laws: "Obvious discriminatory voting laws aren't prohibited by Section 2."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and fuck off to all the idiot opinion writers in the news who were saying "Egg on Democrats faces for worrying about super Conservative majority they totes got shown to be fear mongering with smaller decisions by the SCOTUS". This decision and the looming future decision in the next session when one of the dozens of unconstitutional anti abortion laws hit their desk. When what we fear is going to happen passes with them basically striking down Roe V. Wade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    the Spanish Flu also demonstrated that people aren't going to take precautions regardless of who's in charge
    Half of us did.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Roberts on discriminatory voting laws: "The Voting Rights Act is unneeded since Section 2 will cover against any potential discriminatory voting laws."
    Roberts on discriminatory voting laws: "Obvious discriminatory voting laws aren't prohibited by Section 2."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and fuck off to all the idiot opinion writers in the news who were saying "Egg on Democrats faces for worrying about super Conservative majority they totes got shown to be fear mongering with smaller decisions by the SCOTUS". This decision and the looming future decision in the next session when one of the dozens of unconstitutional anti abortion laws hit their desk. When what we fear is going to happen passes with them basically striking down Roe V. Wade.
    What's really scary is that it's possible Robert's SCOTUS did those smaller decisions with unanimous decisions for political reasons. So that when the big-ticket decisions come down, like the AZ voting restrictions case, the "conservative majority issue" would have been placated.

This is how democracy dies.

Abortion pill aficionado Jason Miller launched another new right wing twitter clone: GETTR. Maybe this will be the one that takes off? lol

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...latform-497606

No word yet if Trump is on board.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Charges revealed against the Trump Org and it's CFO.
    The indictment charges the Trump Organization, Trump Payroll Corporation and Weisselberg. Prosecutors in court described a 15-year tax scheme and said the charges include 15 felony counts, including a scheme to defraud, conspiracy, grand larceny and falsifying business records.
    Re CFO Weisselberg:
    "Even now there’s been no attempt to impose discipline on members of the company," Manhattan prosecutor Carey Dunne said. "There is no clearer example of a company that should be held (responsible). "Prosecutors asked for Weisselberg's passport to be taken, believe he is a flight risk, saying he has been and will remain CFO of this international company. There is "ample record of travel by private jet, ample means to support himself out of our jurisdiction."

Wednesday's report:

14,197 new cases; around 500 fewer than last Wednesday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida.
    California: 1,381 new cases; 44 deaths
    Missouri: 1,313 new cases; no deaths reported
    Texas: 944 new cases; 22 deaths
    Arizona: 769 new cases; 6 deaths

California's up there again mostly by virtue of the huge population and today's total isn't any higher than the highs they've had in weeks past. Their positivity remains at about 1.2%, which is higher than it was a couple weeks ago, but still far below the 5% threshold. By comparison, Nevada is now at 8.9%, Missouri is at 7.6% and Arkansas is at 6.7%. Missouri has again hit a high they haven't seen since February. I don't trust Texas' numbers--they don't really match how it's been going there lately. We'll see what tomorrow brings.

249 deaths is over 100 fewer than last Thursday and brings the total to 620,249. Florida, California and Texas take the top three again and the 7-day average continues to decline. Hopefully it will continue to do so even if numbers continue rising in certain parts of the nation.

Related news:

WHO warns new COVID-19 wave could loom as delta variant spread through Europe--This isn't US specific but it's basically a glimpse of its future. Take precautions or suffer.

White House to deploy response teams across the U.S. to combat delta Covid variant--Fortunately, the current administration will likely arm them with more than bleach, UV-light and lies, unlike the Trump SHITSHOW of the past four years.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Abortion pill aficionado Jason Miller launched another new right wing twitter clone: GETTR. Maybe this will be the one that takes off? lol
    I already can't wait for the thoroughly inevitable headline when it fails: "GETTR: Done!"

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    So I understand Weisselberg has a Lawyer who isn't some joke like Trump tends to hire for legal aid, I have a very hard time imagining she is not trying her damnedest to convince him to cooperate, that 1.7 million, wow, I mean, he ends up wanting to fight this, um, I'd place a Jackson that it's not gonna end well for him.

And I guess they got these charges just in time, SoL was about out on this.

The big question is, who is: "Unindicted co-conspirator #1" ??

Sources are saying that it is NOT Donald Trump. Lots of speculation though ... could be someone who flipped? Could be Eric Trump (weisselburg's direct boss)?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    So I understand Weisselberg has a Lawyer who isn't some joke like Trump tends to hire for legal aid, I have a very hard time imagining she is not trying her damnedest to convince him to cooperate, that 1.7 million, wow, I mean, he ends up wanting to fight this, um, I'd place a Jackson that it's not gonna end well for him.

And I guess they got these charges just in time, SoL was about out on this.
    That kind of tax evasion includes enough jail time to Weisselberg incarcerate until death. I hope he turns, as some of those checks written were signed by Trump himself, which means Trump is already culpable.

More updates:
    Prosecutors say Trump Org gave Weisselberg approximately $1.17 million in untaxed income
    From CNN’s Erica Orden and Sonia Moghe

According to the indictment, the company paid for rent, utilities and garage expenses on a Riverside Boulevard apartment that Weisselberg and his wife occupy.

The indictment says the company maintained internal spreadsheets tracking the amounts it paid for Weisselberg’s rent, utilities and garage expenses, and that it accordingly reduced the amount of direct compensation to account for the expenses it was paying for him. The company didn’t withhold income taxes on the indirect compensation, and Weisselberg reported only his direct compensation on his tax returns, according to the indictment.

Though Weisselberg began living in a Riverside Boulevard apartment rented by the company for him in 2005, he didn’t say he was a New York City resident on his taxes until 2013, when he sold his home in Wantagh, New York, thereby avoiding paying city income taxes, according to the indictment.

Between 2005 and 2017, the company gave Weisselberg approximately $1.17 million in untaxed income connected to rent and related expenses, prosecutors said.

The indictment details that $359,058 in tuition payments to Columbia Grammar school for Weisselberg's grandchildren were paid for from 2012 and 2017, with checks from Donald Trump's account signed by Trump himself, and later from the Donald J Trump revocable trust. CNN has reached out to Columbia Grammar for comment.

More details: The indictment alleges the tuition payments were part of a “scheme to defraud” and that Trump Organization personnel, including Weisselberg, arranged for the tuition payments for Weisselberg’s family members.

Jennifer Weisselberg, Allen Weisselberg’s former daughter-in-law, previously told CNN she believed Trump paid for tuition for her two children to attend the elite private school Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School, and that she shared this information with prosecutors.

Prosecutors allege in the indictment that the payments for Weisselberg’s grandchildren were “indirect compensation” and were not included on Weisselberg’s W-2 forms, and that no income taxes were withheld by the Trump Organization or Trump Payroll Corp. in connection with the tuition payments.

“Weisselberg intentionally caused the tuition payments to be omitted from his personal tax returns, despite knowing that those payments represented taxable income and were treated as compensation by the Trump Corporation in internal records,” the indictment stated.
    Now, its possible that Weisselberg is falling on his sword for Trump, to protect the rest of Weisselberg's family from Trump's wrath if Weisselberg flips. If W does that, falls on his sword for Trump, he might be able to argue that he lied to Trump and told Trump that nothing was wrong, thereby preventing Trump from sharing culpability in the crimes. I am guessing here, just to be clear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    The big question is, who is: "Unindicted co-conspirator #1" ??

Sources are saying that it is NOT Donald Trump. Lots of speculation though ... could be someone who flipped? Could be Eric Trump (weisselburg's direct boss)?
    Where are you seeing that? Because it was my understanding that Trump was that person. But yeah, if not him, then who? Didn't Cohen or someone say they knew who the first Trump child to be thrown under the bus would be? Perhaps that's who it is.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-07-01 at 07:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Interesting Trump quote from the past, lol.

The indictment was brought by then-Manhattan U.S. Attorney Rudy Giuliani. Then-businessman Trump blamed Leona Helmsley — who'd been dubbed "the queen of mean" — for her husband's troubles in a letter that was obtained by the New York Post.

"Without the veil of Harry Helmsley, you would be a non-entity. You would not be able to randomly fire and abuse people in order to make yourself happy," Trump wrote of Leona Helmsley. "What has happened to the legendary Helmsley reputation is indeed sad."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...tent=algorithm

Where are you seeing that? Because it was my understanding that Trump was that person.
    https://twitter.com/stridinstrider/s...78279367954433
    Tom Winter via MSNBC:
    "Unindicted coconspirator #1 is NOT Donald Trump."
    but really, who knows?

I noticed the are advertising gettr with pictures of young attractive women. Is the full name of the social network gettr by the p*ss*?
    Last edited by Kryctos; 2021-07-01 at 08:02 PM.

That kind of tax evasion includes enough jail time to Weisselberg incarcerate until death. I hope he turns, as some of those checks written were signed by Trump himself, which means Trump is already culpable.

More updates:

Now, its possible that Weisselberg is falling on his sword for Trump, to protect the rest of Weisselberg's family from Trump's wrath if Weisselberg flips. If W does that, falls on his sword for Trump, he might be able to argue that he lied to Trump and told Trump that nothing was wrong, thereby preventing Trump from sharing culpability in the crimes. I am guessing here, just to be clear.

Yeah, and this is exactly what they were up against with Enron. They needed the money man to flip, and flip he did. But as you said, Trump signed the checks, there is some culpability here, and this is a multi step process, they've gone through the taxes, this is just a taste of what they have against Trump.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah, and this is exactly what they were up against with Enron. They needed the money man to flip, and flip he did. But as you said, Trump signed the checks, there is some culpability here, and this is a multi step process, they've gone through the taxes, this is just a taste of what they have against Trump.
    Good point re Enron. And yeah, the SoL's are going to be an issue. I assume the Manhattan DA and the NYAG both have a small subset of their team focused on this, so none are missed.

And those filings get the prosecutors office access to everything in the Trump Org now - if they didn't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryctos View Post
    I noticed the are advertising gettr with pictures of young attractive women. Is the full name of the social network gettr by the p*ss*?
    I look forward to the GettrTakes twitter account screen shotting these nutters.

So gettr is using the friend finder strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just saw the Gettr logo. Seems a bit on the nose with the torch carrying white hand.
    From the wikipedia article at time of writing:

"Some Twitter users speculate that GETTR is an acronym for Get Trump Reinstalled. Others suggest GRFTR and GUTTR were taken."
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

All I can think of when I see "GETTR" is Larry the Cable Guy.