Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post

Ivanka is also about to under indictment for fees paid to her as a "consultant" for the Trump Org while she was a paid executive for Trump Org. That kind of double dipping is entirely illegal, in two different ways, and ties the Trump Org into more charges and gets Ivanka pushed right in the middle. She could face personal charges, depending on how she filed her taxes.
    I'm really struggling here. Maybe it's my old age and the fact we've been fighting Covid for what feels like 50 years after getting out of a Trump presidency that feels like it lasted close to 100 years.

But I think the saying goes:

LOCK HER UP! LOCK HER UP!

Well, now isn't this something(maybe not). I guess since no lawyer(Powell and Giulani don't count as both are being disbarred) will want to work with him, he started to ask random people at Mar-A-Lago if they knew anyone that would be one for him. Probably also asked if they would pro bono too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, now isn't this something(maybe not). I guess since no lawyer(Powell and Giulani don't count as both are being disbarred) will want to work with him, he started to ask random people at Mar-A-Lago if they knew anyone that would be one for him. Probably also asked if they would pro bono too.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp
    It would be damn funny if Trump gets a state lawyer assigned to him because no one is actually willing to defend him. And why would they? they know they won't even be getting payed.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Later this year, Bob Woodward, who should be a household name in US presidential politics, is planning to release a book about Trump, detailing the last days of his presidency. This will round out Woodward's Trump trilogy, adding a third book as a sequel to the previously-released "Fear" and "Rage". As the article below states, he has not yet announced a name for this book, but if he's taking suggestions, I would heartily like to throw an idea into the ring and suggest the title: "Impotence".

The three-volume box-set would be glorious, don't you think?

From CNN:
    Legendary investigative journalist Bob Woodward has already covered fear and rage within the Trump White House, and soon, he will release a third book on Donald Trump's final days in office.

The title of the book has not yet been announced, but CNN has learned that it will be published on September 21 by Simon & Schuster, which published Woodward's first two bestsellers on the former President.

This time, the two-time Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist is working with Robert Costa of The Washington Post for an extensive look into the end of the Trump presidency and its transition to the Biden administration. According to a description from the publisher, the book will stretch into the early months of the Biden presidency.

Woodward's first book on Trump, 2018's "Fear," detailed the measures taken by top officials and White House aides to prevent what they saw as a president unhinged, unable to control his own impulses, and unaware of how much danger his rash decisions could bring.

"Rage," which came out last year, took readers inside the Oval Office during the early days of the coronavirus pandemic, confirming that Trump understood how contagious and deadly the virus was long before the American people were made aware.

Trump declined to sit down for an interview with Woodward for "Fear," but he gave the journalist unprecedented access for "Rage," granting 18 free-ranging interviews, some in-person and many over the phone.

It's unclear whether Trump agreed to give Woodward and Costa interviews for the upcoming book, but the pair had sat down with Trump on the campaign trail during the 2016 presidential election. That interview served as the inspiration for both titles of Woodward's earlier books.

"Real power is, I don't even want to use the word, fear," Trump told Woodward and Costa in March 2016.

"I bring rage out," Trump also said. "I do bring rage out. I always have. I don't know if that's an asset or a liability, but whatever it is, I do."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    When the benefits of representing Trump include, but aren't limited to: "getting disbarred" and "not even getting paid for your trouble"...it's not really unbelievable that no one would want to touch the dumbass with a ten-mile pole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    : "Impotence".
    I prefer IMPOTUS. I think @Skroe invented it, if not, apologies to whoever did, it's a staple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Wasn't it Feb 21, then March whatever? These dates are changing faster than the Rapture dates!

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Wasn't it Feb 21, then March whatever? These dates are changing faster than the Rapture dates!
    They're already grappling with how Trump will be "back in office" later this year but also doing a speaking tour with O'Reilly in November/December.

They're still struggling with this whole "thinking" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Dates are tricky when it comes to crackhead conspiracy theories.
    Eventually it'll be "Weekend at Bernie's."

https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyv4...prising-no-one

Hackers were able to scrape the email addresses and other data of more than 90,000 GETTR users.

On Tuesday, a user of a notorious hacking forum posted a database that they claimed was a scrape of all users of GETTR, the new social media platform launched last week by Trump’s former spokesman Jason Miller, who pitched it as an alternative to "cancel culture." The data seen by Motherboard includes email addresses, usernames, status, and location.

One of the people whose email is in the database confirmed to Motherboard that they are indeed registered to GETTR. Motherboard also verified the database by attempting to create an account with three email addresses that appear in the database. When doing that, the site displayed the message: "The email is taken," suggesting it's already registered.

It's unclear if the database contains the usernames and email addresses of all users on the site.
    I'll re-quote the founder of the Pirate Bay on Parlor here, since it's just as relevant -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I prefer IMPOTUS. I think @Skroe invented it, if not, apologies to whoever did, it's a staple.
    Bob Woodward would never, ever title a book "Impotus" though. I didn't mean it as a joke.

Okay, not just as a joke...

I mean, "Fear", "Rage", "Impotence" would be the book title equivalent of the Bard quote from Macbeth:
    ...a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Also the nature of the grift. Gotta give your followers a goal every now and then, before coming up with a reason as to why the goal now has to change. Gives it some perpetuity.
    "The prediction didn't happen? Well that's because they didn't want it to! Help us defeat them so my next prediction can come true!"

Seriously, doomsday preachers on the corner just needed a heal to blame all their failed prophecies on if they wanted to be taken seriously.

The 13th. Which is also a Friday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyv4...prising-no-one

I'll re-quote the founder of the Pirate Bay on Parlor here, since it's just as relevant -
    At least this one didn't require your SSN to sign up lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Oh good, Trump's first action as President can be to go golfing over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Jason Vorhees confirmed for 47th President of the United States of America. He's a native born citizen, has lived in the US his whole life, and is now old enough to be president. He's even been into space!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh good, Trump's first action as President can be to go golfing over the weekend.
    No worries, he won't have any time for golfing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Cognitive persistence is a bitch...and funny.

Apocalyptic sects have developed multiple explanations about the world not ending at the due date: we did not have enough faith to ascend ( it's your fault motherfuckers!!) , we are the ones that stopped the apocalypsis with our prayers ( fuck!! this was not part of the prophecy before...) and one of my favourites: the world DID end but you are not illuminated enough to notice.

If I can choose the theatrical function of this circus I would totally go for the last one: Trump was actually reinstated in Aug 13 and now he is in control of the Fed,CIA,FBI....he is now the real power in the backstage.

Why this one? Because it will make him the deep state of the deep state...the shadow in the shadow so when trumpeteers blame the deep state of anything I could ask ...but it's the deep state or the deep-deep state? And we could have hilarious discussions like:

Trisomic: "Fucking Biden is ruining America!!"
    Me:"But....I thought Trump was the one really running this show"
    Trisomic: "..."

10+ Year Old Account
    He's even been into space!
    Let's pretend Jason X isn't a movie that exists.

Let's pretend Jason X isn't a movie that exists.
    I will fucking not. It involves one of the best camping kill scenes of all times, with the sexy co-ed in a sleeping bag wielded like a flail to beat the other sexy co-ed in a sleeping bag. Plus, one of the all-time best kill scenes with the liquid nitrogen kill.

It's a terrible, awful, no-good movie. But that's what makes it so damn good.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Bob Woodward would never, ever title a book "Impotus" though. I didn't mean it as a joke.

Okay, not just as a joke...

I mean, "Fear", "Rage", "Impotence" would be the book title equivalent of the Bard quote from Macbeth:
    ...a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.
    Nice quote - well done.

Woodward's final book title will be interesting. I think Impotus will be too much, however, "Impeached" might be a better fit - although I doubt it will be that, either.

- - - Updated - - -

I will fucking not. It involves one of the best camping kill scenes of all times, with the sexy co-ed in a sleeping bag wielded like a flail to beat the other sexy co-ed in a sleeping bag. Plus, one of the all-time best kill scenes with the liquid nitrogen kill.

It's a terrible, awful, no-good movie. But that's what makes it so damn good.
    Exactly - Jason X was probably one of the better Friday movies. The sleeping bag scene, the genetic rebuild, and the final descent into another world's summer camp area. Perfect full reset.

- - - Updated - - -

Opinion piece saying that Weisselberg's cooperation may not be necessary to go after Trump.
    I think that Weisselberg's importance as a cooperator may not be as great as it previously seemed. Particularly given the language in the indictment pointedly describing other participants in the scheme, it appears at least possible, if not likely, that other charges will be forthcoming whether or not Weisselberg cooperates, because prosecutors either have other important witness testimony, or they can make their case using documentary evidence, or a combination of both.
    Manhattan DA Vance seems to know more than he's let on with this first round of charges. We shall see if more Trump employees are indicted, and how that impacts Weisselberg's refusal to cooperate.

Also - I'm still convinced they are going after Trump and his idiot children with the Little RICO statute.
    Quote Originally Posted by ME! View Post
    Statute of Limitations usually keys off the discovery of the crime, not necessarily when it happened. HOWEVER, it entirely depends on the crime itself, and some more violent crimes have no SoL (like murder). It tends to get both very complicated and very dull simultaneously. But I think Vance is using another statute's SoL in bringing these crimes when he did.

There is another law to consider, and is, quite frankly, fucking awesome. NY has what's called a Little RICO statute, which can be invoked with proof of as few as three crimes involving a business or other enterprise. Looking at the indictment, we see Trump Org was charged with:
    • One count of scheme to defraud in the first degree.
    • One count of conspiracy in the fourth degree.
    • One count of grand larceny in the second degree.
    • Four counts of criminal tax fraud in the third degree.
    • Four counts of offering a false instrument for filing in the first degree.
    • Four counts of falsifying business records in the first degree.

NY's Little RICO statute classifies a "criminal act" [as] conduct constituting any crime -- or conspiracy or attempt to commit any felony -- specified in the statute. Looking back at the list of crimes in the indictment we see six separate felonies listed - all against the organization in general and the CFO specifically.

Manhattan DA Vance will have to secure three convictions to activate the Little RICO statute. Once that happens, the officers of the organization can be charged under the Little RICO, and will face a statutory required minimum of 1-3 years in prison. If I've got this right, and I could be missing something, Vance is going to obtain convictions (and a plea deal is a conviction) against the Trump Organization, and then take down the entire family, including Trump himself, with the Little RICO statute.
    Yes I'm quoting myself.
    Yes, it's because I'm lazy.
    No, I'm not embarrassed at all.