10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And Russians have hacked the RNC database.
    Putin told me they didn't do it. And I believe them.

(snicker)

Simply put, the Russians know the USA is ripe for more chaos and they'd love the chance to do it. But I'm not sure what being caught red handed (TRIPLE PUN COMBOOOOO) does here. Trump actually still likes Russia, therefore, the Party of Trump likes Russia. And they said all the election stuff was a hoax. This feels like Russia losing one of their assets here. Can't say I see the logic. And no, "they didn't expect to get caught" isn't a good reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    *snip*

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/r...ers-breach-rnc

And Russians have hacked the RNC database.

*snip*

again?
    Wonder what story will be the shiny to make a repeat of 2016 when people were so focused on the DNC emails, they stopped talking about how the Russians were just as deep in the RNC's networks, only difference is, they didn't PUBLICLY weaponize whatever they got from the RNC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Putin told me they didn't do it. And I believe them.

(snicker)

Simply put, the Russians know the USA is ripe for more chaos and they'd love the chance to do it. But I'm not sure what being caught red handed (TRIPLE PUN COMBOOOOO) does here. Trump actually still likes Russia, therefore, the Party of Trump likes Russia. And they said all the election stuff was a hoax. This feels like Russia losing one of their assets here. Can't say I see the logic. And no, "they didn't expect to get caught" isn't a good reason.
    never hurts to be the actual person holding the leash than a mentally unstable man-child
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Let's pretend Jason X isn't a movie that exists.
    Nein. That movie was hilarious. The best of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Floofi View Post
    At this point, I'm surprised that Fox isn't unironically cheering for Homelander. Maybe even Stormfront too.
    Lets be real, if they knew they existed they would be.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump sues Facebook and Twitter.

Our case will prove this censorship is unlawful, it's unconstitutional and it's completely un-American
    Hmm.

1) First of all, I don't think enforcing a contract is unlawful. Trump might disagree because he refuses to pay people. But if Trump really thought this was illegal, why did he wait until now to move?
    2) We can't keep coming up with new ways to say this: Facebook is not run by the government, therefore, their actions are not unConstitutional.
    3) Capitalism is about as American as it gets.

Trump is understandably upset. If I robbed someone, I would be upset that I was arrested. But I'd still go to jail. Trump's lawsuit looks like a blatant failure on its face. But whether it is or isn't, there's a follow-up.

Who here has ever received a pop-up or email or whatever that said "We've changed our terms of service"? Because I'm pretty sure I've done that for FB a time or two. Meaning, that FB and Twitter could just move ahead of this. "We've changed our terms of service again," they could say, "to make sure hate speech is scrubbed from our platform. Now we're spelling it out in more detail what happens to you and your account if you try to incite violence again." And they could do it right around Jan 2024 and kick Trump off again.

Trump has spent his whole life thinking he's the biggest bully in the room. Physically he might be right, but he's not stronger than FB or Twitter. He can't throw a lawsuit at them big enough to make them back down -- and he can't win on the merits. All he's doing is risking his return to such platforms by lashing out in a senile tantrum.

I look forward to seeing what few lawyers he has left fail and be fired.

Worth noting: This is a CLASS ACTION lawsuit. Which seems pretty odd to me, but I guess this was the only legal tactic they thought wouldn't be instantly tossed outta court when you go to a judge and say, "It's unfair that I was removed from this platform because I violated the rules, and I demand that my personal account be reinstated."

Surprised Trump has any lawyers left to even do that.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    https://terrigen-cdn-dev.marvel.com/content/prod/1x/uscapa2021001_cov.jpg

Notice how all four Modern Captain America’s are featured on the cover but let’s lose our shit over a bit character who will get much less work than the rest.
    I actually love that image, is that Bucky 2nd from the left?

https://www.vice.com/en/article/jg8v...al-race-theory

Tucker Carlson now wants body cameras on teachers to...make sure they aren't teaching CRT.

Why won't Republicans just come out and say they want to create the "thought police" already? Because they do.

It's fine though, Tucker Carlson still doesn't understand what CRT is, nor do any of the other conservatives bleating about "anti-white" nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    It's entirely possible we've tipped over into a crevasse we'll never completely escape. The violent cult mentality of the Trump followers have always been around, they just found their leader in Trump, and even if-and-when he dies, they just won't go away. And now were literally electing members of Congress who identify with insane conspiracy theory.

We are in the Post Fact Era.
    Indeed.

I honestly think the US is looking screwed. It's slowly circling the drain at the moment and is going to be a broken country inside a few decades if things continue as-is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tucker Carlson now wants body cameras on teachers to...make sure they aren't teaching CRT.
    Would it matter if they did? Even when there is evidence from body cameras, it's all dishonest leaked lies fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I actually love that image, is that Bucky 2nd from the left?
    John, Bucky, Steve, Sam

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ate-email-to-/

Ah yes, the NSA's grand plan was...to leak Tucker Carlson's "private" email address...to media who already have access to that email address.

Why are all these manufactured nontroversies so absolutely braindead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, the NSA's grand plan was...to leak Tucker Carlson's "private" email address
    Hey @Edge- has Carlson said anything about Trump investigating journalists who say mean things about him yet?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?

Hey @Edge- has Carlson said anything about Trump investigating journalists who say mean things about him yet?

And also, how do you feel about leading questions?
    I love leading questions! I don't believe he has, I imagine actual potential spying on journalists isn't a problem for him. Especially since he's not a journalist, and it's been repeatedly made clear that nobody should take his show seriously. I guess that's why he's making up this fake spying, gotta find a new story angle for the next piece of fiction.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1879901.html

Trump Org paying out $400K for violating their alcohol license by selling booze to an already very drunk dude who left and flipped his car, killing his father. Yes, bars and businesses have a responsibility to cut patrons off at a certain point.

This allows them to keep the alcohol license at the property in Jersey, the Golf Club Colts Neck, and they will be stripped of their license to sell alcohol from golf carts. They can still sell booze in the bar though.

And the guy who flipped his car plead guilty to vehicular manslaughter and was sentenced to 3 years of probation, so there's responsibility all around.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/07/polit...022/index.html

I actually say, thank the Lord. Eighteen more months of chaos and the inability to get stuff done. That's what we want.
    Republican Rep. Chip Roy, back in April, speaking about the governing priorities of the Republican party.

I mean, we always knew that chaos and an inability to "get stuff done" is the primary goal that Republicans have realized, but it's nice that he was finally explicit about it.

On Wednesday afternoon, Roy responded to coverage of his earlier comments in a statement standing by his remarks, saying he plans to "oppose almost everything that Congress does," and pledging "to fight with every ounce of my being to stop the radical left -- and weak Republicans."
    Why the fuck is he in Congress if he wants to oppose almost everything Congress does? Oh right, chaos and making sure nobody "gets stuff done".

The. Republican. Party. Is. Incapable. Of. Governance.

I just had an epiphany… are we soap opera junkies? Kinda feels like it to me. May as well be posting fanfics to tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    I just had an epiphany… are we soap opera junkies? Kinda feels like it to me. May as well be posting fanfics to tumblr.
    Even soap operas aren't this cheesy and predictable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    So... reality TV then?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Fiction can never get away with being as unrealistic and crazy as reality.
    - Lars