10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Here’s video of his being loaded on a truck
    I can 100% picture Andrew Jackson loaded on a truck. He seems like the guy who'd do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Wow, that means all this time the Girl Scouts have just been in training for a mandatory gun confiscation program.
    Here i was thinking Girl Scouts were a Q run program to catch Liberal sick pedophile sex rings??
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Here i was thinking Girl Scouts were a Q run program to catch Liberal sick pedophile sex rings??
    No, the liberal sick pedo sex rings use boys.
    The republican god-bothering trumphadis use underage girls.
    Guess which one reAlly happEned? Hint: DeSanTis's Zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Last edited by szechuan; 2021-07-11 at 03:18 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony is that if sedition were actually prosecuted to the extent that conservatives insist it should be then simply circulating documents like this could land them in prison.

The GOP really is just the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    The irony to that is the MyDildo guy Mike Lindell and Q-twats have decided August 13th will be when Trump is reinstated.

What else is August 13th you might ask? It's the second Friday in August.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m particularly fond of the first point there. I was at the airport recently and as I was walking I heard some yahoo behind me describing to his tired-sounding wife about “all the corrupt shit the democrats are doing” and some nonsense about the democrats putting up Harris but how trump will inevitably defeat her and yadda yadda yadda. Seems to be a fairly codified belief of the republicans these days.

I really, really doubt that any one of them could point to any specific “corrupt” things Biden and Harris are supposedly doing.

Are they still trying to make Ukraine/Hunter Biden a thing? That was the last significant “scandal” I heard them trying to invent, and that was like eight months ago at this point.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I’m particularly fond of the first point there. I was at the airport recently and as I was walking I heard some yahoo behind me describing to his tired-sounding wife about “all the corrupt shit the democrats are doing” and some nonsense about the democrats putting up Harris but how trump will inevitably defeat her and yadda yadda yadda. Seems to be a fairly codified belief of the republicans these days.

I really, really doubt that any one of them could point to any specific “corrupt” things Biden and Harris are supposedly doing.
    I hear this a lot too; lots of complaining about how bad things are getting without actually pointing out what is getting bad.

Are they still trying to make Ukraine/Hunter Biden a thing? That was the last significant “scandal” I heard them trying to invent, and that was like eight months ago at this point.
    Yes, they are still in fact talking about Hunter Biden's laptop.

Which is ironic because they're burning a lot of political capital on someone that's shown exactly zero interest in running for President. If they were smart they'd be trying to identify Joe Biden's likely successor and go after them.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Well, they believe that Trump won 2020 in a landslide, so the only reason the numbers say otherwise was because of fraud, corrupt, theft, etc. It may not be specific, but if their delusions about all those missing, stolen, and/or fraudulent votes were actually true, that would be some pretty serious malfeasance on the part of Biden and the Democrats.

Hell, they might also mention that Biden and co. want to teach children to hate white people through the nefarious doctrine of Critical Race Theory™. That seems to be a pretty big (and yet still absolutely meaningless) boogeyman for Republicans these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I hear this a lot too; lots of complaining about how bad things are getting without actually pointing out what is getting bad.

Yes, they are still in fact talking about Hunter Biden's laptop.

Which is ironic because they're burning a lot of political capital on someone that's shown exactly zero interest in running for President. If they were smart they'd be trying to identify Joe Biden's likely successor and go after them.
    I think they assume it's going to be Kamela. I know people are up (and down, like the aforementioned yahoo) on her running for president in lieu of a Biden second term but if Biden is still in good health and is willing to run... I don't see why Biden shouldn't just go for a second term.

A lot can happen in three years, but so far... he seems to be doing pretty well. Even the most egregious right-wing detractors are clinging at the barest straws to complain about (remember the hamburger shortage?) and most of the left-wing "Biden's no better than Trump" detractors seem to be keeping fairly quiet as Biden has proven himself to be anything but some idle occupier of the white house simply towing the corporate line.

God forbid that Trump worms in some way to run again in 2024, but I think a runoff between the two again would end even worse for Trump this time. Especially if Facebook, Twitter, and so forth keep to their guns of denying him social media presence.

It's a sad fact-of-the-matter but, like with Hillary and Obama, being a woman or person of color gives the GOP a lot of mud to sling and dogwhistle about. Some of which, unfortunately, sticks, and would serve as an impairment to a successful Kamela bid for presidency. Is it fair? Absolutely not. Should it be that way? No. But that's the way it is in America to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Well, they believe that Trump won 2020 in a landslide, so the only reason the numbers say otherwise was because of fraud, corrupt, theft, etc. It may not be specific, but if their delusions about all those missing, stolen, and/or fraudulent votes were actually true, that would be some pretty serious malfeasance on the part of Biden and the Democrats.
    But spewing that lie that has a double-edged sword potential for the republicans. One, it's an fastpass-way to get yourself booted off social media, which is basically the only sphere left for conservatives to fester in. Second, the more that republicans make republican voters less sure of the voting process, the fewer republicans are going to vote.

"Come vote in the illegitimate election" is not exactly a rallying cry. We've still got time before the 2022 elections, and I really hope the democrats are working hard to come up with ways to get that voting rights bill through beforehand. Between passing that and the GOP shooting themselves in the foot by claiming that the elections they need people to vote for them in are fraudulent, the GOP is all but sunk.

Hell, they might also mention that Biden and co. want to teach children to hate white people through the nefarious doctrine of Critical Race Theory™. That seems to be a pretty big (and yet still absolutely meaningless) boogeyman for Republicans these days.
    True enough, but I again think that's one of those things that's probably going to fade from people's memory... especially considering that, even if such things are implemented in the classrooms, your voting-age adults probably wont hear anything about it and nothing tremendous will change for them.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2021-07-11 at 04:47 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Between passing that and the GOP shooting themselves in the foot by claiming that the elections they need people to vote for them in are fraudulent, the GOP is all but sunk.
    I'll believe it when I see it. By all rights, the GOP should have been dead years ago, when they stopped putting forward any sort of plan to govern beyond "give the rich more money" and "oppose everything the evil left wants to do." And yet here we are, having just come off an election where Trump received the second most votes for a presidential candidate ever.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think they assume it's going to be Kamela. I know people are up (and down, like the aforementioned yahoo) on her running for president in lieu of a Biden second term but if Biden is still in good health and is willing to run... I don't see why Biden shouldn't just go for a second term.
    They say he's going to be kicked out for incompetence next year so she can run twice and serve 10 years as president, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    They say he's going to be kicked out for incompetence next year so she can run twice and serve 10 years as president, lol.
    I like how they have to construct this backwards ass theory of how Biden's going to get removed "for incompetence" rather than, you know... The fact a 78 year old man passing away suddenly isn't exactly uncommon.

But that would draw attention to Trump's age and poor health, now wouldn't it. Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    The irony to that is the MyDildo guy Mike Lindell and Q-twats have decided August 13th will be when Trump is reinstated.

What else is August 13th you might ask? It's the second Friday in August.
    Jason Voorhees has a better chance to come back from the fictional dead AND being real then that plan ever being enacted. Since it would be Friday the 13th anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll believe it when I see it. By all rights, the GOP should have been dead years ago, when they stopped putting forward any sort of plan to govern beyond "give the rich more money" and "oppose everything the evil left wants to do." And yet here we are, having just come off an election where Trump received the second most votes for a presidential candidate ever.
    That might be true, but... whether they receive a lot of votes is immaterial to whether they receive the most votes, which is ultimately what matters.

We know that voter suppression played heavily into the 2020 election, and in far less subtle ways than the GOP usually tries to do. When the Texas AG says that Biden would have won Texas if mail-in ballots had been mailed out, then you know the GOP is on monumentally thin ice.

Removing the ways in which they can claw and grip at ways of remaining in power is, frankly, the most important political endeavor to be undertaken. Because they are the stopping block of everything else in this country.

Which party fights police reform? Which party is in constant support of propping up the rich at the cost of everyone else? Which party fights universal healthcare? Which party has politicized climate change? You'd be hard pressed to find one single critical issue that needs to be addressed in the United States and not find the republicans staunchly fighting tooth and nail to keep things exactly the way they are.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

You'd be hard pressed to find one single critical issue that needs to be addressed in the United States and not find the republicans staunchly fighting tooth and nail to keep things exactly the way they are.
    And their base loves them for it.

That's why I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon...even if Democrats actually got their shit together and passed effective election reform (which I'm not holding my breath for either). And even if they never won another presidency, they'd still have their local city/county/state officials and members of Congress.

10+ Year Old Account
    And their base loves them for it.
    But if more people oppose them for it...

That's why I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon...even if Democrats actually got their shit together and passed effective election reform (which I'm not holding my breath for either). And even if they never won another presidency, they'd still have their local city/county/state officials and members of Congress.
    The voting reform would directly target malfeasance in state and congressional runs as well.

And hey, if all we wind up with is "Republicans never hold the presidency ever again," I'd be perfectly pleased with that as well, so long as the republican party remains in any semblance of the form it now has.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

That first point there is extremely revealing. For the vast majority of these people, it's not about policies, and it's not even about Trump. It's about entertainment. These people are so fucking bored and/or dissatisfied with their lives that they're willing to burn the world down because it's all entertainment for them.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    That first point there is extremely revealing. For the vast majority of these people, it's not about policies, and it's not even about Trump. It's about entertainment. These people are so fucking bored and/or dissatisfied with their lives that they're willing to burn the world down because it's all entertainment for them.
    Went to that website, talking about secret satanic sacrifices and other bullshit dog whistling.

10+ Year Old Account
    How would Point 1 actually, you know, work? And how would it lead to Point Two?

They're suggesting a massive turnover in the House, but even if a bunch of Democrat Reps were removed or died, they don't get replaced by their opponent or a Republican automatically. Also the Senate, for Point Seven.

This "Patriots Soar" group is some separate, non-official group, so luckily for our remaining Trump supporters this is not another 24-hour challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Donnie Dum-Dum Jr posts video of his father being booed at UFC match.