10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    To get people off on a good start of their day

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-ma...er&via=desktop
    Maybe that's why their rally here got cancelled.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Oh noes, that is so bad for them. How stupid does a person have to be to hitch their wagon to an alleged sex trafficker?
    Well, they already hitched their wagon to a serial adulterer and thief. Is this really that different?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    It's like they are proud of it. Hopefully the number of people that tolerate them will decline - and quickly.
    Isn't COVID doing that for us?

Is this worthy of Darwin awards?

It's getting harder and harder for me to feel empathy towards these people. The stakes are higher than a lot of the stuff on it, but it reminds me of the reddit thread WinStupidPrizes.

I wish they'd change, but if they won't and end up affected as a result...the only person at fault there is themselves, it was their choice and their right that they've been shouting belligerently at essential workers this entire time.

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/s...66301784170499

Remember Mike Lindell's COMPLETE PROOF OF FRAUD claims? Well, he's putting them to the test! If any of you cyber-losers can disprove his evidence, you'll totally actually for serious score $5M!

Granted, nobody has still even seen this supposed proof but hey, maybe we'll finally get a look!

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Remember Mike Lindell's COMPLETE PROOF OF FRAUD claims? Well, he's putting them to the test! If any of you cyber-losers can disprove his evidence, you'll totally actually for serious score $5M!

Granted, nobody has still even seen this supposed proof but hey, maybe we'll finally get a look!
    *points to Lindell, reality, and slaps a button* "That was easy."

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account

Or, in other words, Lindell has 5m reasons to hand wave away any counter-evidence.
    Wiping is Fun! ™

10+ Year Old Account
    If any of you cyber-losers can disprove his evidence, you'll totally actually for serious score $5M!
    The Party of Trump should actually try this more. Remember, every time they've gone looking for something, such as voter fraud, they've never found it. Maricopa's recount is basically dead on arrival, being months behind schedule and breaking multiple laws to conduct it.

The added benefit of Party of Trump members saying "I claim without evidence XXX is true, you must provide evidence to prove me wrong" is that never works in a court of law. It's just shrilling. Everyone involved, including even the Trump supporters here and Lindell himself, know that if he actually had useful evidence he'd have presented it by now. Lindell can take victory laps in his head all he wants yelling I FOUND THE CONSPIRACY, but fittingly for his business, that's what people in padded cells do.

10+ Year Old Account

I'm still waiting on my $10K for disproving the Time Cube from about a decade back

10+ Year Old Account
    As @Benggaul will surely report, Louisiana is spiking and is reaching COVID daily cases near their record. Yes, there's a joke in there about the Mississippi river Delta.

Hospitalizations doubled last week. Louisiana just had their biggest jump in number of hospitalizations since the early days of the pandemic.

Louisiana has an almost 40% vaccination rate.

To put this in perspective, my home state of NY has under 500 people hospitalized. We're also five times larger than LA. While the number of hospitalizations is up from last week, it's by +30% not +100%. And my county, while moderately high with Trump supporters, is (a) still in NYState and (b) pressed up against Canada and the border's closed so nobody comes to visit (sniff). So it's not just "lol Trump voters". It's because the state has intentionally fucked its own citizens to death. We're one of the highest vaccination rates in the country, LA is among the lowest.

Get educated. Get informed. Don't die.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    As @Benggaul will surely report, Louisiana is spiking and is reaching COVID daily cases near their record. Yes, there's a joke in there about the Mississippi river Delta.

Hospitalizations doubled last week. Louisiana just had their biggest jump in number of hospitalizations since the early days of the pandemic.

Louisiana has an almost 40% vaccination rate.

To put this in perspective, my home state of NY has under 500 people hospitalized. We're also five times larger than LA. While the number of hospitalizations is up from last week, it's by +30% not +100%. And my county, while moderately high with Trump supporters, is (a) still in NYState and (b) pressed up against Canada and the border's closed so nobody comes to visit (sniff). So it's not just "lol Trump voters". It's because the state has intentionally fucked its own citizens to death. We're one of the highest vaccination rates in the country, LA is among the lowest.

Get educated. Get informed. Don't die.
    And shocking no one:

Florida, Missouri and Texas now account for 40% of new coronavirus cases in U.S.

The fucking irony is that Texas is going to end up killing off it's RED voters making the chances of it going blue on a key election greater.

Wednesday's report:

56,525 new cases; nearly 20k more than last Wednesday.

Top 5:

Fuck Florida (nearly 9k according to worldometers).
    California: 6,521 new cases; 17 deaths
    Louisiana: 5,388 new cases; 13 deaths
    Texas: 4,769 new cases; 42 deaths
    Missouri: 2,995 new cases; still not reporting deaths for nearly two months

As Breccia has already pointed out, shit's going bad in Louisiana (though I think using the state abbreviation might cause some confusion; Los Angeles is also dealing with a surge but comparatively is still better off considering the population density). They've already summed things up well, so no point in me covering the same ground here. Instead we can continue watching DeathSantis floundering in Florida to explain away their abysmal numbers and suddenly start begging people to get the vaccine. We've all been posting recently about the 180 many GOP legislators have taken with regards to this and it's been somewhat amusing, though I'm wondering how much of an effect it will have. They've been downplaying the severity of the pandemic since the start and their willfully ignorant base has basked in the misinformation. I don't think them sheepishly looking into the camera and saying "Um, actually, it's a really good idea to get vaccinated" is going to slow that train down enough to avoid further catastrophe. 12 states posted totals above 1k. New York and California were the only two that weren't GOP-controlled and those two have their massive populations as an excuse; the other states not so much. Oklahoma, for example, only has a population of around 4 million, but posted a total of 1.2k. California posted a total 5 times higher, but has a population close to 40 million--10 times more than Oklahoma. California has a vaccination rate of about 64% (at least one dose). Oklahoma is at 46%. This matters.

414 deaths is about 30 more than last week and brings the total to 625,806. This is only a slight increase and doesn't necessarily signify anything, but as I've mentioned before we'll likely see it going up over time. Florida, Texas and Oklahoma were up top today. Florida is pretty much consistently at or near the top. Fuck Florida.

Related news:

Lambda variant of COVID-19 identified at Texas hospital.--So far it's not looking as bad as delta (which now makes up over 80% of new cases in the US) and fingers crossed it stays that way, but until more of the population is vaccinated we need to keep taking a serious look at every new variant. Each mutation is a chance for the virus to find a way to render current vaccines useless--or just become that much more deadly to the unvaccinated which, I'll remind you, includes children who literally can't get the vaccine yet. And school is starting up again sooner than you think.

Florida AG tests positive for COVID-19 days after being with DeSantis in Texas--She's already been vaccinated--because nearly all of the upper-tier GOP have been for months despite sending out a different message to the public--but still: Fuck Florida.

Stay safe, folks.

EDIT: Fixed a booboo.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-07-23 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The fucking irony is that Texas is going to end up killing off it's RED voters making the chances of it going blue on a key election greater.
    I think you mean "making the cheating that the GOP will carry out to keep Texas red even more extensive".
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Or at least hopefully piss off enough red-voting survivors to make them at least not vote red in the future. Doesn't take a lot of flipped votes to turn the tide. Texas was 52% Trump / 46.5% Biden in 2020, which means that only 5.4% of red voters flipping (or 10.8% refusing to vote) would have been enough to turn the state blue.

Obviously, there are a ton of other factors that will come into play before the 2022 (let alone 2024) elections, especially considering the state's legislative fuckery, but it is food for thought.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    I'm still waiting on my $10K for disproving the Time Cube from about a decade back
    The check is in the time cube, otherwise known as the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    12 states posted totals above 1k. New York and California were the only two that weren't GOP-controlled and those two have their massive populations as an excuse; the other states not so much. Oklahoma, for example, only has a population of around 700k, but posted a total of 1.2k. California posted a total 5 times higher, but has a population close to 40 million--57 times more than Oklahoma. California has a vaccination rate of about 64% (at least one dose). Oklahoma is at 46%. This matters.
    I think it's also notable that California reported almost 50% more cases than Texas, but less than half as many deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    I think it's also notable that California reported almost 50% more cases than Texas, but less than half as many deaths.
    I also wouldn't take Texas or Florida at their word on new covid cases. Both governors, DeSantis more then Abbott, have been adamant against covid restrictions and fighting back against vaccinations to their constituents. They limit what info is sent to the CDC and hiding their true numbers would not surprise me.

10+ Year Old Account

there's a small hitch in that

you have to present it in person, at an event that's closed to the public
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Oklahoma, for example, only has a population of around 700k, but posted a total of 1.2k. California posted a total 5 times higher, but has a population close to 40 million--57 times more than Oklahoma. California has a vaccination rate of about 64% (at least one dose). Oklahoma is at 46%. This matters.
    Oklahoma's population is almost 4 million. Did you confuse it with Oklahoma City (which is about 650k)?

Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    Oklahoma's population is almost 4 million. Did you confuse it with Oklahoma City (which is about 650k)?
    No, I apparently confused it with North Dakota which I had open on a separate tab. My point still stands, though not nearly as starkly. I'll go back and correct it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-07-23 at 01:03 AM.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ronny...b0e92dfec0da66

Did I already link Ronny Johnson being a fucking idiot and trying to "whatabout" vaccinations for Democratic lawmakers in response to a question about whether he's been vaccinated?

In case I didn't, here it is. Don't ask a "whatabout" question if you don't already know the answer, because then you'll be like Ronny and be a fucking retard. Because he asked why press aren't asking how many Democratic lawmakers are vaccinated...not knowing that 100% vaccination for House/Senate Democrats in DC have been confirmed vaccinated as of May. Also known as two months ago.