Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    that doesn't change the implications at least 75 million people are batshit insane
    Should it change the implication? Perhaps if people don't like batshit insane, or malicious evil label, they should have a look at what they're getting them for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

that doesn't change the implications at least 75 million people are batshit insane
    They are, next question.

- - - Updated - - -

no, I have no friends and only one remaining family. I hate people in general as a whole so I keep to myself for the most part in life.

And also, COVID spreading was an inevitability. Trump did not create COVID, again. That was another nation.

- - - Updated - - -

well 74 million being batshit insane says a lot about how divided this country is. That's no small number.
    Ok, you literally have to be a fucking bot, if you think that Trump's presidency didn't effect you negatively.

Trump did not create COVID, again.
    Correct. Trump didn't start the fire. All he did was first downplay the fire while it was raging by his complete and utter ignorance and stupidity, then actively hinder the firefighters, and finally, draw attention and resources away from them to himself to bolster his ego and line his pockets. Donald Trump is therefore directly responsible for hundreds, if not thousands of US citizens losing their life or having their health permanently damaged. Would COVID have hit the US with any other president? Yes. Would it have killed people? Yes. Would it have been this bad? No. Trump's negligence and incompetence have resulted in people dying.

Are you happy with your retarded Führer yet?

And also, COVID spreading was an inevitability.
    Laughs in New Zealand.

And even ignoring that, Covid spreading as much as he did was alway inevitable when you're being led by a man that thought it was one person, coming from China and it was totally under control (apologies to @Breccia).
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, I have no friends...
    Oh don't worry, we figured as much a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Trump didn't start the fire. All he did was first downplay
    Can you imagine Trump being in charge 2014 when Ebola raised its ugly head in the USA? /shudder

You guys are really kind-hearted to keep that lonely sealion so well-fed.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Gotta feed the local wildlife every now and then.
    I've watched enough game warden shows to know that's a bad idea. Too many times people go to feed them thinking they are now being friendly and suddenly they are shocked the wildlife bit them.

Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I've watched enough game warden shows to know that's a bad idea. Too many times people go to feed them thinking they are now being friendly and suddenly they are shocked the wildlife bit them.
    Not a bad analogy for the current Jan 6th investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Can you imagine Trump being in charge 2014 when Ebola raised its ugly head in the USA? /shudder
    I can, allthough I have to say, since Ebola is significantly better researched (and also significantly more dangerous) I think the surrounding ministeries would just worked past him to contain it. Nobody fucks around when it comes to this shit. Still, frightening prospect.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They'd literally rather die. They can and will say "the President said it in public which is legal, and we chose to believe it".

Yes, I want to see Trump defend the things he's saying in public under oath. But these two are so far gone, they'd literally rather die than make Trump face consequences.
    I agree with you completely - if they could choose, they would certainly do anything possible to prevent Trump having any responsibility. What I'm saying is that both of them are so fucking stupid and tied into their own deliverance -style echo chamber, they may accidentally implicate him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    (apologies to @Breccia).
    Oh, no offense taken at all -- Trump supporters should be reminded each and every day how much Trump screwed up. Especially those Trump supporters who are playing the "I'm not a Trump supporter, buuuuuut..." game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    they may accidentally implicate him.
    Awesome

Trump has several avenues to the oathbound stand. There's this, the NY AG's assault on his illegal business, and the Jan 6th committee at least. Time to put a trail of overcooked hamburgers with ketchup on one of them, and a sign at the end saying "FREE WHORES".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Ebola simply couldn't be a pandemic like SARS-CoV-2. It's not really a good fit for the scenario you're imagining.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time to play Guess the Speaker!

There is bad advice out there, you know. Apparently you see that all over the place: people practicing medicine without a license, giving bad advice. And that bad advice should be ignored.

Not enough people are vaccinated, so we're trying to get them to reconsider and get back on the path to get us to some level of herd immunity.
    You don't need that many hints to guess a fence-sitter in this thread and guess that it's Mitch McConnell.

In an effort to put to bed any possibility that he might be something other than a petulant child, it turns out Donald Trump is fighting Biden's infrastructure deal behind the scenes because he's mad there wasn't one when he was president:
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...l-trump-501287

Trump’s opposition, aides insist, is based on the merits. At a time of fear around inflation, he opposes additional spending and believes the framework of the potential compromise is far too tilted towards environmentally-conscious projects and not hard infrastructure. But much of what has driven Trump’s approach to legislation in the past has been self-interest and personal grievance. And in discussing current infrastructure talks, Trump aides concede that they remain upset that a big bill wasn’t passed while he was in the Oval.

“They had four years to do an infrastructure deal with someone who knows infrastructure and actually builds buildings,” one Trump aide said. “I’m just speaking for myself, he hasn’t said, ‘Oh they should have done it with me,’ but if they actually wanted infrastructure they would have done it when President Trump was in there.”

Fortunately, for whatever influence he has on the party, this seems to be one instance in which the Republicans are happy to ignore him.
    Though he has increasingly sought to undermine negotiations, Trump’s efforts to derail any infrastructure package have, so far, mostly been met with a shrug on Capitol Hill.

“I’ve read the statements,” said Sen. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.). “But it’s a little short on specificity.”

“I don’t think there’s a lot there,” a senior GOP aide said of Trump’s attempts at undermining the deal. “It’s not reverberating here. I don’t think Rob Portman sees this and goes, ‘Oh no, I have to give up.’”
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2021-07-29 at 05:43 AM.

Once again, it's time to play Guess the Speaker!

You don't need that many hints to guess a fence-sitter in this thread and guess that it's Mitch McConnell.
    It's truly sad and stupid that they got this far and politicized something as basic as a vaccine as a way to attack and divide their voters from reality further. Now, they don't even care about their supporters themselves beyond the fact that if enough of them die, they won't be able to hold power even with all the cheating they have done, and they never did.

I really hope my family and friends end up alright, but as a whole, at this point, I largely just say, let Darwin sort this out. They have access to facts and reality and choose to ignore them. Let the virus rage on them while they roll the dice. Then hopefully the survivors can get a clue and if not, there will be less of them to bring down this nation and our gene pool.

Edit: Hate to sound so cold-hearted, but at this point, it sounds like the most rational argument to make.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome

Trump has several avenues to the oathbound stand. There's this, the NY AG's assault on his illegal business, and the Jan 6th committee at least. Time to put a trail of overcooked hamburgers with ketchup on one of them, and a sign at the end saying "FREE WHORES".
    We can only hope. But counting on the GQP's stupidity seems like a good bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Like this:
    Rep. Jim Jordan - whom Republicans nominated to investigate the Capitol riot - now says he spoke to Trump on the day but won’t say what they talked about.

What's that? Gym Jordan won't testify as to what was said? Well, who else did he say was in that conversation? We should get that other guy in here, under oath, and see what he has to say.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/27/polit...lts/index.html

And another Trump backed candidate loses.