Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So let's talk about Texas Republican Scott Apley.

On April 1, a medical doctor shared what medical doctors were sharing about that time: a citation that vaccines were working. On April 2, Apley responded with "You are an absolute enemy of a free people. " By May he --

"We get it. He mocked masks, vaccines and mandates, and now he's dead."

He is survived by his wife and newborn child. His wife has said

She also tested positive.

"God works in mysterious ways" sure is a helpful excuse for when your actions have consequences. Or, if your loved ones' did.

- - - Updated - - -

Got you covered bro.
    When god creates you with the ability to, you know, act intelligently, wouldn't he be a bit pissed off when you act like a fucking idiot?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    When god creates you with the ability to, you know, act intelligently, wouldn't he be a bit pissed off when you act like a fucking idiot?
    Reminds me of this old story:

A fellow was stuck on his rooftop in a flood. He was praying to God for help.

Soon a man in a rowboat came by and the fellow shouted to the man on the roof, "Jump in, I can save you."

The stranded fellow shouted back, "No, it's OK, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me."

So the rowboat went on.

Then a motorboat came by. "The fellow in the motorboat shouted, "Jump in, I can save you."

To this the stranded man said, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the motorboat went on.

Then a helicopter came by and the pilot shouted down, "Grab this rope and I will lift you to safety."

To this the stranded man again replied, "No thanks, I'm praying to God and he is going to save me. I have faith."

So the helicopter reluctantly flew away.

Soon the water rose above the rooftop and the man drowned. He went to Heaven. He finally got his chance to discuss this whole situation with God, at which point he exclaimed, "I had faith in you but you didn't save me, you let me drown. I don't understand why!"

To this God replied, "I sent you a rowboat and a motorboat and a helicopter, what more did you expect?"

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Why can't these grifts have just a modicum of effort put in them?
    Because then they wouldn't be grifts : 3

Turns out the eagle for these things is just a stock image they took for it lol

Because effort costs money, and they're in the business of making money not spending it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    LMAO.
    We have an update. Trump lawyer Jenna Ellis tweeted along the lines of "all you triggered leftists, imagine being forced to carry a vaccine passport which are 10x worse!"

1) I'm willing to be a lot of "lefists" already do.
    2) Whether or not you're a Trump supporter won't directly kill anyone. Unless they're also a Nazi.
    3) We weren't "triggered" so much as "laughing hysterically".
    4) Vaccine passports don't cost an unknown amount to a private entity that uses the money for themselves.
    5) Most vaccine passports are spelled correctly.

We have an update. Trump lawyer Jenna Ellis tweeted along the lines of "all you triggered leftists, imagine being forced to carry a vaccine passport which are 10x worse!"

1) I'm willing to be a lot of "lefists" already do.
    Yeeeeeeep. Not a passport per se but I have papers that prove I've had both my jabs for Moderna. I mean, why would anyone balk at carrying around proof they were smart about something? I can totally understand if there are Trumpers not wanting to carry around a "Trump card", though, since that's proof of the opposite.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This is worth the read - it is exceedingly comprehensive.

An amazing timeline put together by a group of reporters piecing together the various investigative efforts from state and federal prosecutors regarding Trump's attempts to overthrow the government.
    Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis has said the criminal investigation includes potential “solicitation of election fraud, the making of false statements to state and local governmental bodies, conspiracy, racketeering, violation of oath of office and any involvement in violence or threats related to the election’s administration.”
    It's looking more and more like Trump and his cronies will be facing some kind of charges - either federal or state (Georgia). If I had to take an educated guess, it's going to be state (Georgia). There is no universe in which the DoJ isn't cooperating with Georgia state and local prosecutors and investigators.
    Last edited by cubby; 2021-08-05 at 11:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look behind you, Florida, Arkansas is taking a swing at "worst in the country". Sets record for infections, nears record for hospitalizations.
    UPDATE: Dr. Patterson, chancellor of University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences went on CNN to tell a familiar-sounding tale: Arkansas health care workers are taking time off, quitting, or retiring because Arkansas is not taking this seriously and they can't stand it anymore.

Teams are stretched thin. People are frustrated. People are very tired. We are down a significant number of positions here because we just don't have enough nurses that we can recruit to come here and help us to take care of patients.
    Arkansas is down about 230 nursers and 120 other health care workers. Arkansas is not a big state, that amount hurts.

They're already out of beds. Now they're running low on health care workers, too. Can you imagine someone saying something like "the pandemic is over" while this is happening?

10+ Year Old Account

Reminds me of this.

The Coat of Arms Said ‘Integrity.’ Now It Says ‘Trump.’

Non-paywalled.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

So Trumpsters are now going to be literal card carrying Nazis rather than just figurative.

Genuinely think that conservatives don't even know the meaning of the word "trigger" anymore, because they think they "trigger libs" all the time when in reality it's just hilariously pathetic shit that we laugh over. They really don't understand anything that comes out of their mouths anymore.

It's unrelated, but just look at this word soup of a bingo card tweet - https://twitter.com/WendyRogersAZ/st...51565506699268

The corporate communist globalist satanic Uniparty is the faction our founders warned us about.
    We need double rainbow guy to ask us what this even means, because I genuinely don't think anyone, even Wendy Rogers, actually knows.

You know, out of morbid curiosity I read the replies expecting to find a cesspool of agreement and I was pleasantly surprised during my skimming that there were only one or two comments that vaguely took her side whereas the vast, vast majority were ridiculing her as much as we have been.

I guess the supporters are too busy getting scammed on GTTR or whateverthefuck the new hot app is for human garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    You know, out of morbid curiosity I read the replies expecting to find a cesspool of agreement and I was pleasantly surprised during my skimming that there were only one or two comments that vaguely took her side whereas the vast, vast majority were ridiculing her as much as we have been.

I guess the supporters are too busy getting scammed on GTTR or whateverthefuck the new hot app is for human garbage.
    Algorithms, bro. Twitter fuckin loves to push up hate posting, that shit gets engagement like whoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Algorithms, bro. Twitter fuckin loves to push up hate posting, that shit gets engagement like whoa.
    Welllll except it doesn't appear to be "hate posting" so much as "these are the facts that you are getting wrong". With one or two "how did YOU become a lawyer?" posts thrown in.

---------------------

This was a topic of discussion a few days ago and the latest data still shows things improving as far as vaccination hesitancy goes:

Amid climbing COVID cases and community efforts, racial disparity in vaccinations appears to be narrowing

Over the past two weeks, people of color have been vaccinated with a first dose of COVID-19 vaccine more than white people when compared to their shares of the population, according to the latest CDC data. Though race and ethnicity information is only available for about 60% of the U.S. population, it shows a glint of promise, experts say.

While Hispanic and Latino people make up 17% of the nation's population, they totaled more than a quarter of those who initiated vaccination in the past two weeks. Similarly, Black people, who make up about 12% of the U.S. population, accounted for 15% of those receiving a first dose.

During the same period, as new COVID-19 cases climbed in areas with low vaccination rates, white people were underrepresented in the vaccine line. Of those who initiated their first dose, 44% were white, though the group makes up 61% of the population.
    SO, once again, while there are absolutely holdouts among minorities and some Democrat-held counties, the vast majority of anti-vaxxers still appears to be white folks, and given the areas that are lowest in terms of vaccinations, you can guess their political bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Welllll except it doesn't appear to be "hate posting" so much as "these are the facts that you are getting wrong". With one or two "how did YOU become a lawyer?" posts thrown in.
    That's what I was getting at, but probably should have figured out a better word. Not hate as in the "I HATE YOU", but "clapbacks" that are going to generate all kinds of likes and retweets and additional responses from other people going there to dunk on her for X or Y reason. There's going to be a lot less engagement around positive/supportive posts in comparison.

Tucker Carlson hyping up Hungary/Orban as some ideal is a little too on the nose for me lol This has to be a test to see how far they can push narratives before next year.
    Someone should tell him that Trump's buddy Sebastian Gorka couldn't even get a job in the Hungarian government.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/05/polit...nvs/index.html

Latest conspiracy theory about the election from Lindell: A county of 17K somehow had 24K votes "switched" from Trump to Biden in Wisconsin. This was done by the Chinese who apparently hacked into the voting system that is not connected to the internet.

Bonus points: Trump won that district by 5K votes.

I'm looking forward to him releasing "37 terabytes" of data at his "cyber symposium", I hope it's not just millions of uncompressed audio files of "I'm a Loser" by The Beatles.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That's what I was getting at, but probably should have figured out a better word. Not hate as in the "I HATE YOU", but "clapbacks" that are going to generate all kinds of likes and retweets and additional responses from other people going there to dunk on her for X or Y reason. There's going to be a lot less engagement around positive/supportive posts in comparison.
    Understood, though I went through a fair few responses rather than just the top 20 or so. Even if they were grading them on a curve I would expect to see more on her side in this, not least because you can still see those folks freely in the comments of other Tweets from her and the other Trumper Troops. I'll admit I didn't go so far as to open up the "these Tweets may contain offensive remarks" section, though, so maybe they're all locked away behind that this time.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

lmao I didn't even notice the spelling mistake at first.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Marjorie Taylor Greene Says Southerners May Shoot Vaccination Volunteers

Noting that Alabama has one of the lowest vaccination rates in the nation, Greene said, "(Democratic President) Joe Biden wants to come talk to you guys. He's gonna be sending one of his police state friends to your front door."

Greene said that a vaccination volunteer might want to take down a person's name, address, family members' names, phone numbers and "probably ask for your social security number, whether you take the vaccine or not."

"Yeah, well, what they don't know is in the south we all love our Second Amendment rights," she continued. "We're not real big on strangers showing up on our front door, are we? They might not like the welcome they get."
    This bitch needs to be arrested and charged right now for inciting violence. This is pretty much on par with Trump's "our Second Amendment friends will handle it" comment from years ago. Possibly worse.

How does this shit not fall under the "yelling fire in a crowded movie theater" part of unprotected speech?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown