https://www.citizensforethics.org/re...w-allegations/

So the ethics complaint against Pompeo when he was SoState has been unredacted and...ooph. Claims include...

Unauthorized use of government funds and resources (which we've known)

False statements, including to the Office of the Legal Advisor

Misuse of funds and staff includion violations of the Hatch Act

Directions not to use email, avoid speaking with Department lawyers, or put things down in writing to avoid FOIA requests

Verbally abusive behavior directed towards staff by both Pompeo and his wife

And as a reminder:

A new memo shows that the OIG’s Office of Investigations closed its case file on the whistleblower complaint in July 2020 — just weeks after former State Department Inspector General Steve Linick was fired at Pompeo’s request. The case closing memo does not specify who made the decision or why it was made. It says only that, on “July 15, 2020, a decision was made that the [OIG’s Office of Evaluations and Special Projects] would continue this administrative investigation without the need for further support from [the Office of Investigations]. This matter is closed to file.”
    IG was fired, investigation was closed up with no conclusion, not even one clearing Pompeo.

Pompeo is a corrupt, fat piece of shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Correct. But they are a branch of Christianity publicly opposed to abortion, possibly the most.
    Mmm I don't know about that. Evangelicals are very heavily anti-choice, and I'd say the main line GOP fundamental Christians fall more in the realm of evangelicals/extremely fundamentalist protestants than into Catholicism proper.

Hell, the evangelicals generally really dislike Catholics. They wouldn't give two figs about what the Pope said. Anti-catholic sentiments among the fundamentalist Christians is still definitely a thing.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Mmm I don't know about that. Evangelicals are very heavily anti-choice, and I'd say the main line GOP fundamental Christians fall more in the realm of evangelicals/extremely fundamentalist protestants than into Catholicism proper.

Hell, the evangelicals generally really dislike Catholics. They wouldn't give two figs about what the Pope said. Anti-catholic sentiments among the fundamentalist Christians is still definitely a thing.
    They agree with Catholics when it’s useful for them to agree. Same thing with Judaism. They’ll loudly proclaim to be pro-Jewish but their actual anti-Semitic tendencies will often leak out when they think no ones looking.

Hey, who ordered the depressing statistic?

Since the Pandemic Began, 1 in 500 Americans Have Died of COVID-19

Oh, and it's likely much worse since conservative estimates are that the US has actually passed 1 million deaths but they've been vastly underreported nationwide.

Soooooooo many of those were preventable, too, or would have been had Trump and his administration not spent the better part of a year willfully downplaying the severity of the pandemic and standing in the way of life-saving precautions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    They agree with Catholics when it’s useful for them to agree. Same thing with Judaism. They’ll loudly proclaim to be pro-Jewish but their actual anti-Semitic tendencies will often leak out when they think no ones looking.
    they are just pro-Israel, for the sake of the armageddon prophecy. Thats why they can pass anti-Jewish conspiracies while going on about Israel's right to exist.
    it is no different than being pro-birth, yet being against neo-natal care, post-partum depression monitoring, ChiP maternity leave, etc, etc.

Only caring about trees because they want firewood for the BBQ next week.
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    ince the Pandemic Began, 1 in 500 Americans Have Died of COVID-19
    Incidentally, even though Florida did their best to kill themselves, with 49,251 total deaths and their population, they're only slightly higher than the national average.

Incidentally, even though Florida did their best to kill themselves, with 49,251 total deaths and their population, they're only slightly higher than the national average.
    I imagine it helps that people go to Florida on vacation, catch it and then die in their home state ><
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    I imagine it helps that people go to Florida on vacation, catch it and then die in their home state ><
    Valid.

Also @Benggaul and half the forums know Florida, more than most, is lying about their death count. And I don't just mean their recent experiments with time travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    On that note, sadly, the US is back to 2000+ deaths a day.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Helped by Texas posting another 400+. Fuck Texas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Helped by Texas posting another 400+. Fuck Texas.
    Yeah, their 7-day is set to jump another 21 points today, from 281 to 302. At this rate, they're going to pass their record of 345 in no time.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Yeah, their 7-day is set to jump another 21 points today, from 281 to 302. At this rate, they're going to pass their record of 345 in no time.
    Their cases have been down recently--though still far, far too high--so maybe they'll turn the corner on deaths soon, but yeah if they don't pass their record they'll be pretty damned close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck, the NYTimes says the rolling average is 1888. I'd been looking at specific states for so long I forgot to check the country.

- - - Updated - - -

Today in Lack Of Self Awareness theater: Tucker Carlson asking why Democrats don't do more to discourage rage mobs made out of Trump supporters.

No, really. It's fucking insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Another member of the murderous insurrection pleads guilty.

Jason Dolan, a 44-year-old Florida resident, appeared in court Wednesday to admit to charges of conspiracy and obstruction of an official proceeding. He said during the hearing that he agreed to cooperate with prosecutors and testify if needed.
    Innnnnnnnteresting.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Today in Lack Of Self Awareness theater: Tucker Carlson asking why Democrats don't do more to discourage rage mobs made out of Trump supporters.

No, really. It's fucking insane.
    While I don't disagree with you. "today" is stretching it a bit :P

MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Federal judge denies Trump's request to stop E. Jean Carroll lawsuit from moving forward

Guess things are more difficult when you don't have your own personal Justice Department to shield you.

District Judge Lewis Kaplan on Wednesday entered a minute entry on the court docket indicating that he was denying Trump's request for a "stay" of his ruling last year, which rejected Trump's effort to substitute the Justice Department as the defendant -- a move that would essentially kill the lawsuit.

Judge Kaplan's sudden decision revives the case, which has been on hold for nearly a year while Trump and the Department of Justice pursued an appeal. The ruling could pave the way for Carroll's attorneys to pursue subpoenas for documents, records and a DNA sample from the former President to prove her claims of sexual assault.

Carroll has accused Trump of raping her in a New York department store in the mid-1990s. Trump has denied the claims, saying Carroll wasn't his type and that she fabricated the allegation to boost sales of her book. Carroll sued Trump for defamation.
    Unfortunately he'll still be able to appeal, but his means of escape are slowly shutting one by one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    While I don't disagree with you. "today" is stretching it a bit :P

They didn't say Tucker said that today. Just that that's what's in the programming for today's episode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    While I don't disagree with you. "today" is stretching it a bit
    They didn't say Tucker said that today. Just that that's what's in the programming for today's episode.
    Yeah, I could have been more clear. I shoved that up here between pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

A conservative group filed an ethics complaint, claiming that Ocasio-Cortez either bought a ticket with campaign funds, or accepted it as a gift, and either one is an ethics violation.

I mean, this was a theater ticket, not something understandable like a $130,000 whore
    "Wait, do they know for a fact she didn't just buy it with her own money?"

No. They're just projecting.

Federal judge denies Trump's request to stop E. Jean Carroll lawsuit from moving forward

Guess things are more difficult when you don't have your own personal Justice Department to shield you.
    Grrrr she was absolutely his type.
    What a fucking gross excuse anyway.

I know! If I claim this fat pig raped me, maybe my book will sell better!

Also, when presented with the accusation of rape, is the normal response, she's not my type?
    Cause it implies:
    But if she was then yes, I would in fact rape her.

10+ Year Old Account
    A conservative group filed an ethics complaint, claiming that Ocasio-Cortez either bought a ticket with campaign funds, or accepted it as a gift, and either one is an ethics violation.

"Wait, do they know for a fact she didn't just buy it with her own money?"

No. They're just projecting.
    They're more pissed that she used the opportunity to push the "Tax the Rich" slogan.

I also saw an article in the rag the NY Post whining that her "immigrant" designer was "only" an immigrant from Canada, and "only" had a Ghanaian father.

So, literally an immigrant, literally a person of color, they can shut the fuck up with the outright bigotry any time now, you slanderous fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They're more pissed that she used the opportunity to push the "Tax the Rich" slogan.
    The Tan Suit, you mean?

EDIT: I don't remember that kind of talk when Melania wore that famous "I really don't care" jacket while visiting the dog cages in which her husband locked children until they died.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I also saw an article in the rag the NY Post whining that her "immigrant" designer was "only" an immigrant from Canada, and "only" had a Ghanaian father.

So, literally an immigrant, literally a person of color, they can shut the fuck up with the outright bigotry any time now, you slanderous fucks.
    Now, now, that's not right; you can't in good conscience call them "slanderous fucks".

If it's in print, then the proper term is "libelous fucks".

--Alexandre Dumas-fils