Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    It's not the fatigues. Hunters wear fatigues. It's the pretending to be a soldier when you're really a cosplayer.
    Fatigues aren't a prerequisite for hunting, as the thousands upon thousands of successful kills year after year to hunters wearing bright-orange safety vests can attest. That is also largely cosplay.

Fatigues are largely designed for fooling human eyes. If you want to be stealthy while hunting animals you're paying more attention to sound, scent and movement.
    Last edited by Benggaul; 2021-09-18 at 06:02 PM.

What's really fucking sad is you can clearly tell the shaman "inspired" him.
    Expect more of this cosplay patriotism.
    If it's not guys who wanted to be military/cops like Kyle and couldn't hack it then it's this.

I'd love to know what he's got in his little flagon though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    If you want to be stealthy while hunting animals you're paying more attention to sound, scent and movement.
    Okay, that's valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    I'd love to know what he's got in his little flagon though lol.
    Kool-aid.

Aside from the Davey Crockett cosplay, You just know he's got good things to say!
    I really hope that isn't Davey Crockett cosplay. If it is, I hope he knows his history about what happened to said Crockett after the Battle of the Alamo.

Kool-aid.
    It's clearly a whineskin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    I hope he knows his history about what happened to said Crockett after the Battle of the Alamo.
    I like people who weren't captured. He lost and let us down. I've never liked him as much after that. I don't like losers.
    -- Donald Trump

- - - Updated - - -

It's clearly a whineskin.
    Ohhhhhhhhhh snap.

I can always count on you guys for laughs.
    I had to go look up Davey being executed lol

I can always count on you guys for laughs.
    I had to go look up Davey being executed lol
    Yep, by the people they actively try to hate on every second too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Florida death backlog is catching up. They broke 50k on Thursday. Then they broke 51k on Friday.
    That's not exactly apples-to-apples. The 50k comes from the data submitted to the CDC, while the 51k comes from the Florida DoH weekly report. The weekly report is generally a bit ahead of the CDC data. Worldometers will probably catch up to the weekly report today, then will catch back up with the CDC data once Florida sends in their Monday backlog push, surpassing the weekly report totals. This has happened for the last several weeks, usually on Friday, but sometimes on Saturday, which you can see in the medium-sized backlog increases on those days.

The data on the weekly report doesn't indicate when those deaths occurred, so worldometers just typically spreads them out over the previous week or so, until the Monday CDC catch-up allows them to more accurately attribute those deaths to the "proper" day.

Oh absolutely, but to be fair, they're not the only ones. Back in May I linked an article about a study saying actual COVID deaths in the US probably exceeded 900k. Back in May. I'm sure we've blown past 1 million by now.
    I'm not sure the IMHE methodology was entirely sound. They're local peeps, but they've had some definite misses during this pandemic. Questions were raised about this estimate, for sure.

I've always mentally assumed that we were about 30-50% over the listed total; closer to the 30% the longer this thing goes, due to the lack of testing and adequate accounting back for the first half year or more. That would put us right around 1 million deaths now, however, so yay milestones?

If you want to be stealthy while hunting animals you're paying more attention to sound, scent and movement.
    Yarp, synthetic deer urine and clothes that don't "crinkle" when you walk are absolutely things.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    You mean I’ve been using the real stuff for no reason? Man…
    Natural vs. synthetic?

This is the kind of question that keeps hunting purists up late at night.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I was just reading an article this morning about them excluding it and couldn't find out why.

Also found this guy:

Aside from the Davey Crockett cosplay, You just know he's got good things to say!
    Davey Cockhead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Some jobs!

The guy who has to "extract" thoroughbred semen for breeding.
    The guy who spends his day in a lab trying to recreate deer urine.
    The guy who spent 4 years perfecting the cheeto tan.
    Whatever it was Sarah Palin did.

This is the real reason unemployment is high.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Davey Cockhead.
    He looks like a Methed out version of the comedian Carrot Top.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    He looks like a Methed out version of the comedian Carrot Top.
    I think Carrot Top looks like a Methed-out version of Carrot Top.

I think Carrot Top looks like a Methed-out version of Carrot Top.
    With how he looked in the Comedy Central Roast, I think Kat Williams described him best when it said he looked like McDonalds fucked Wendys.
    Guy looked like a steroid junky though, this guy, looks like he methed away all those muscles.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

California reports lowest COVID-19 case rate in the country

Very impressive especially considering the high transmission of delta and the high population density of cities like LA. Gosh, I wonder why California is doing so well and other states like Florida and Texas still suck ass? No, "warm temperatures" still don't fucking matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    California reports lowest COVID-19 case rate in the country

Very impressive especially considering the high transmission of delta and the high population density of cities like LA. Gosh, I wonder why California is doing so well and other states like Florida and Texas still suck ass? No, "warm temperatures" still don't fucking matter.
    I am relieved that we voted against dying. Only ~1/3 of the voters wanted to die.

It was closer here, nearly half chose death, I'll stick with cake, thank you.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    So CNN posted a story that --

"Whoa! You're citing CNN? Don't you know that triggers Certain People on these forums?"

*sips coffee* *grins* I do.

Anyhow the story begins with a Florida family that never got vaccinated and held a bunch of large family gatherings and, yep, exactly what you think happened, happened. One of them caught COVID and degenerated to death's door status.

However the family learned about a special treatment --

"Bleach? UV lights? Horse dewormer?"

An ECMO machine. Details on this amazing machine here, the Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation machine basically takes the blood out of your body to put oxygen in it, and shove it back into your body. Until recently, its main use was organ transplants -- the heart can't do its job when it's out of the body. It's an amazing piece of tech, I only knew about it from watching an ER doctor watch Rick & Morty episodes.

And it's kind of "the new rage" for last-ditch survival chances for COVID. You give the, well, failing and dying heart and lungs a long rest to recover while the body doesn't die. So...yeah, you're in an ICU hooked up to a machine designed to keep people with missing vital organs alive. You ain't movin, you ain't talkin, you ain't doin shit for days.

But this time, the guy lived. And begged his wife to get the shot, by the way.

The family called 169 hospitals in Florida, let that number sink in, one-hundred sixty-nine hospitals in Florida. None of them could/would help.

*sips coffee* *grins*

And then!

The day after exhausting that list, Susan appeared on CNN -- fearing Robby might be out of options. But a doctor in Connecticut saw her interview and had an idea.

Dr. Robert Gallagher was checking his Facebook feed and saw a CNN post with a video clip of Susan's interview.
    Yep. CNN showed an interview with, as listed before, a Florida family intent on committing suicide, showed it nationwide, and someone who could actually help took them, because of that interview.

It was painful. It was stressful. It was 22 days of not knowing if it would work. But it did. Florida Man lost 50 pounds (and not in a good way, he's in P.T.) but should make a full recovery in time.

It should be noted that ECMO is literally "you will die if not" level of care. Like, I would legit expect the Joe Rogan treatment to be tried first by real doctors. And due to the drastic measures involved, it has a 50/50 survival rate -- but it's basically being used when the current situation has a 0% survival rate, so any port in a storm. Plus there's the whole "we need these machines to do surgery on people who need surgery to live" aspects, which is where the 169 "no" votes came from I'm sure.

The family is getting vaccinated, and telling all their friends to get vaccinated. The horrifying month-long near-death experience has apparently broken the resolve of sixty or so anti-vaxxer friends and family members, so at least there's that.

All thanks to research...I mean, they did research eventually...the charitable doctor who stepped in, and of course, CNN.

*sips coffee* *grins*

The family called 169 hospitals in Florida, let that number sink in, one-hundred sixty-nine hospitals in Florida. None of them could/would help.
    Not just Florida. They also tried Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama and Virginia. I mention that only to point out how dire the situation is in hospitals not just in Florida but pretty much all of the other nearby states as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not just Florida. They also tried Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama and Virginia.
    Ah, yes, they did. I also left out the part that, during this ordeal, two lifelong friends of the family who were also anti-vaxxers caught COVID and died. There's no indication if they got it from each other, but at this point it hardly matters.