10+ Year Old Account
    Milkshake brings the Proud Boys to the yard
    And they're like "He's going to court"
    Damn right, he's going to court.
    He could plead out...if they reduce the charge.

Yes, Florida Man Daniel Scott, a literally branded member of the Proud Boys who goes by "Milkshake", probably because he's white and unhealthy, plead not guilty to ten charges, most of which involve the multiple cops he assaulted during the murderous insurrection. Prosecutors have said they're open to a plea deal, but the FBI seems to have evidence that he pulled one of the Capitol police into a thick crowd of rioters, so even if he does plead, he's going to jail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quick double-header to start the day.

1) Trump went on an interview during which he said, yes this is uniquely Trumpian, that (a) he ignored everything Fauci said (leading to hundreds of thousands dead) and (b) he would not run in 2024 if his doctor told him. Contradictory to the core.

I will point out, I had predicted earlier that Trump could choose not to run in 2020 once it was clear he would lose, by making up a health reason. Well, that didn't happen. But it looks like that excuse might play out in the 2024 runup. If Trump knows he can't win -- for example, Arizona -- the "healthiest man to ever run for office" and his 300 pounds of fatass bulk could still use that reason.

2) The NYTimes reports that they had an informant in play during the murderous insurrection. Yep, they had a Proud Boys member. Apparently he's been testifying as to motive, and has been saying that the attack was not pre-planned...which, yeah, means it was inspired by Trump's speech. Actually, if I knew the entire thing was not pre-planned by any attendees, I would feel a little better about it. I might even stop calling it "murderous insurrection" and swap to "manslaughterous insurrection". Hey, it's still a serious fucking crime. For which there's an FBI informant. Good luck with those plea deals, Proud Boys. Y'all got narced.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    1) Trump went on an interview during which he said, yes this is uniquely Trumpian, that (a) he ignored everything Fauci said (leading to hundreds of thousands dead) and (b) he would not run in 2024 if his doctor told him. Contradictory to the core.
    I would love to see the scenario where Trump backs out at the last minute leaving the republicans with no candidate for 2024 LOL

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I would love to see the scenario where Trump backs out at the last minute leaving the republicans with no candidate for 2024 LOL
    *While having campaigned hard and putting all the money that normally goes to the GOP into his own pocket
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Yeah, Trump being the nominee in 2024 then leaving would be a bigger problem than if Trump suddenly decided in 2020 he was feeling great but his family was worried. In 2020, Pence would have taken over. If in 2024, Trump has won the nomination and has called everyone else China-loving cuck RINO traitors then leaves, what's left of the Republican Party would just flat-out abandon Trump's VP (won't be Pence), the Party of Trump would collapse, and the Senate would go 65/35 blue.

- - - Updated - - -

I like this quote:

What if the next time around, the Democrats lose the presidency and start a riot? I guess you think that would be all right in light of what you did, right?
    That's a judge, sentencing a guilty-pleading manslaughterous insurrectionist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I thought the country was already meant to be in apocalyptic ruins by now
    Trump seems dead-set on making "election fraud" the number one issue. There are just two problems with that.

1) The Republican Party is moving away from this strategy, going after more traditional attacks like being the Party of No.

2) There wasn't any election fraud.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I thought the country was already meant to be in apocalyptic ruins by now
    Mass graves. Derelict cities. Violent attempted coup. Vast wealth inequality. Disease.

I mean…….
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Mass graves. Derelict cities. Violent attempted coup. Vast wealth inequality. Disease.

I mean…….
    Sadly, that describes pretty much every decade (minus the coup).

The pieces change, but the game stays the same.

It just seems a bit more polarized now.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Sadly, that describes pretty much every decade (minus the coup).

The pieces change, but the game stays the same.

It just seems a bit more polarized now.
    Yeah.

Just a bit grim down here in America’s flaccid dong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Friday's report:

131,007 new cases; 32k fewer than last Friday.

Top 10:

Fuck Florida.
    Texas: 13,208 new cases; 428 deaths
    California: 7,327 new cases; 164 deaths
    Ohio: 7,095 new cases; 75 deaths
    North Carolina: 5,805 new cases; 96 deaths
    Tennessee: 5,638 new cases; 85 deaths
    New York: 5,405 new cases; 41 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 5,071 new cases; 36 deaths
    Georgia: 4,300 new cases; 140 deaths
    Kentucky: 3,931 new cases; 26 deaths

These past few weeks Texas has really been doing their best to make Florida look good and today's no exception. Alaska's cases per 100k population has shot up to around 142; compared to California's 20 this tells the story of how fucking awful things are up there. Alaska also has the worst infection rate at 1.21, although the Great Lakes region isn't far behind in that regard (Wisconsin is at 1.20, Minnesota and Michigan are at 1.14). Cases continue declining this week at the national level mainly off the back of the big three--California, Texas and Florida--all decreasing. As previously noted, however, various states are still on the wrong side of the curve. 36 states reported over 1k new cases.

2,004 deaths is over 50 fewer than last Friday and brings the total to 705,293. Texas posted yet another 400+ day--their second-worst since February. They're within 5k of passing California for most deaths overall. Florida is within 2k of passing New York for third. Florida and Texas are both over the national deaths per 1 million population; California is under.

Related news:

Federal judge upholds hospital system's COVID-19 vaccine mandate--Good. I don't understand the mental disconnect some healthcare workers have here. If you're working in an environment full of immunocompromised people you get fucking vaccinated. Period.

Daughters Say Mom Who Died of COVID Would Do Anything for Them — Except Get Vaccinated
    The two daughters of a Washington woman that died of COVID-19 say their mother was a victim of vaccine misinformation on the internet.
    Cori believed she had antibodies to combat COVID-19 after she presumably got the virus early in the pandemic, the station reported, though it was never confirmed by doctors.
    Jennie was informed that her mother would not survive her bout with COVID-19 while assisting a patient at her own hospital.

"I'm having to talk to the doctor telling me my mom's not going to make it on my Apple Watch while I'm in a patient's room because we just don't have the staff or time to take a break and even answer the call in the hallway," she explained to King5 News.
    There are people on these forums who are just as guilty in spreading that misinformation and deaths like these should be on their heads. Fuck the trolls.

Donald Trump said that he did 'pretty much the opposite' of what Dr. Fauci advised during the COVID-19 pandemic--"Why do you keep posting COVID stuff in the Trump thread?!" Once again, because of shit like this. He dug us deeper in and is responsible for a large portion of the avoidable deaths.

Stay safe, folks.

No surprise there, Trump is a very simple-minded individual. Fauci should tell him to not jump off a cliff. It just might work.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    No surprise there, Trump is a very simple-minded individual. Fauci should tell him to not jump off a cliff. It just might work.
    The problem is that his supporters and the vaccine deniers will laud this as a trump victory. They think of faucci as a corrupt bureaucrat who funded the development of the virus and is getting kickbacks to push the vaccine.

Hopefully it doesn’t play so well with the rest of sane America.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Fauci should tell him to not jump off a cliff.
    Based on

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    That's right. A conspiracy of of leftist elites are tricking millions of Trumps votes into not getting the Covid-19 vaccine......by telling them to get the vaccine
    Trump's headstones might be "Biden made me do this. JOBS!"

https://www.seattletimes.com/busines...tities-secret/

More racist fucks getting outed thanks to the Epik hack, with all the data securely stored in plaintext. And losing their jobs. You love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

More racist fucks getting outed thanks to the Epik hack, with all the data securely stored in plaintext. And losing their jobs. You love to see it.
    I was reading that, and they claimed that right wing content on Epik only makes up 1% of their users? Considering they are known for Parler, GAB, GETTR and others, I highly doubt it is only 1% of their users.

Ironic that those who complain about things not being secure(elections, borders and the like) go to providers or sites that store their personal info in plaintext. Irony at it most finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Federal judge rules Tennessee schools can have mask mandates. Defies specific governor's executive order.

https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-brian-kemp-2022/

So Trump unofficially endorsed Stacey Abrams, gotta admit that was not on my bingo card...
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2021-09-26 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Federal judge rules Tennessee schools can have mask mandates. Defies specific governor's executive order.
    And unfortunately the one in New York City has been temporarily blocked.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    https://www.rawstory.com/donald-trump-brian-kemp-2022/

So Trump unofficially endorsed Stacey Abrams, gotta admit that was not on my bingo card...
    Whoever could have imagined that backing a notably self-centered, egotistical, volatile, vindictive asshat might result in him turning on you sometimes. Oh this is so delightful. I'll even tolerate the insufferable, "HOW MUCH DID TRUMP PLAY INTO ABRAMS WINNING!?" think pieces if she does end up beating Kemp, and I sure hope she does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever could have imagined that backing a notably self-centered, egotistical, volatile, vindictive asshat might result in him turning on you sometimes. Oh this is so delightful. I'll even tolerate the insufferable, "HOW MUCH DID TRUMP PLAY INTO ABRAMS WINNING!?" think pieces if she does end up beating Kemp, and I sure hope she does.
    I came to sincerely hope over the tenure of Trump's presidency that the GOP would unite with the democrats in their rejection of what was clearly an unstable, unqualified, dangerously arrogant and baldly self-enriching excuse for a human and we could see a return to a more bipartisan approach to political proceedings, all centered upon working around Trump to keep the country going.

That clearly didn't happen. So my hopes shifted to Trump being the architect of the GOP's downfall through his complete buffoonery and their complete and continued condoning of every stupid thing he did and said, now matter how backwards, dangerous, or hypocritical. Like I said earlier I don't know if Trump is specifically being vengeful towards the GOP with his actions or if he's just saying the same stupid, spasmodic shit as always and it's happening to slap the GOP in the face, but I'm all here for it.

Hopefully the democrats can adequately mobilize to take advantage of it. I'd hate to see such potential karmic retribution for the damage the GOP inflicted upon the country through their tacit acceptance of Trump and all his insane doings wasted.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.