10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Well, that would be the only thing I would ever agree with them on is that anyone above a certain age(lets say retirement age of 62)
    I'd be hesitant to say that, since 62 isn't that old anymore (see also: Social Security running out of money) and we'd be ruling out people with significant experience.

I wouldn't mind if an impartial doctor was involved. (see also: not Trump's doctor)

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I'd be hesitant to say that, since 62 isn't that old anymore (see also: Social Security running out of money) and we'd be ruling out people with significant experience.

I wouldn't mind if an impartial doctor was involved. (see also: not Trump's doctor)
    For me, I would have the age cut off be 55 for all jobs in leadership positions including judges.

As far as social security and all, I am still of the mind that we should just raise the income cap and tax all income as income to solve its funding issues.

Also would like to put laws into place that would bar elected officials from working outside of government or holding any vested interest in any business ever again as a condition of working of being elected but are given 50% of their pay for life after any time serving and can still work in government jobs afterwards. As ways to prevent the revolving doors and help address regulatory capture.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Let's do the Republican two-step!

Remember Senator Tim Scott, the only Black Republican in the Senate? And his police reform he was working on?

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...form-plan.html

Judy Woodruff: Well, Senator, as you know, Democrats are calling for an outright ban on certain measures, like a choke hold or the so-called no-knock warrant.

Sen. Tim Scott: Yes.

Judy Woodruff: In your proposal, you are saying these things should be tied to federal funding, that, if departments go ahead with them, they risk losing funding.

Sen. Tim Scott: Yes.

Judy Woodruff: And yet you also said today that this is something that should be debated, the choke hold should be debated, for the American people to hear.

So, it sounds like you’re open to a complete ban on a choke hold. Is that right?

Sen. Tim Scott: Well, I would say — say it this way. My legislation gets us to the position where, if you are in a law enforcement department that does not already have a ban on choke holds, you do not have access to the federal funding.
    He seemed very supportive of requirements for police departments to receive federal funding!...until yesterday -

We said simply this: “I’m not going to participate in reducing funding for the police after we saw major city after major city defund the police.” Many provisions in this bill that he wanted me to agree to limited or reduced funding for the police. That’s a lose-lose proposition …

We have about a billion dollars in grant money that goes to police. When you start saying in order to receive those dollars, you must do A, B, and C, and if you don’t do A, B, and C, you literally lose eligibility for the two major pots of money the Byrne grants and the COP grants. When you tell local law-enforcement agencies that you are ineligible for money, that’s defunding the police, there’s no way to spin that …

What I did not agree to was the cuts that come from noncompliance. When you say once again that in order for you to receive the money for the Byrne grants or the COP grants, you must do the following, and if you don’t do the following, you lose money — that’s more defunding the police. We saw that tried throughout the country.
    Just a reminder that Republicans appear to act exclusively in bad-faith. This is reminding me of the bullshit they pulled with comprehensive immigration reform and the Gang of Eight.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ia-leaks.shtml

Some senior officials inside the CIA and the Trump administration even discussed killing Assange, going so far as to request “sketches” or “options” for how to assassinate him. Discussions over kidnapping or killing Assange occurred “at the highest levels” of the Trump administration, said a former senior counterintelligence official. “There seemed to be no boundaries.
    And I guess they were keen on assassinating the guy that Trump and company spend a year+ praising for releasing leaks that hurt Democrats. I guess it's fun when government officials openly discuss assassinating Americans who don't even have any ties to terror networks which is new and interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    This goes beyond what I thought even Trump would do...but posting it for discussion.

Yahoo News reports that Team Trump discussed...kidnapping and assassinating Assange.

Like, they get specific about shooting out the tires of the plane he's flying to Russia in. Pompeo wanted fucking revenge, apparently.

Trump is a violent sociopath, but actually green-lighting a damn near public assassination? I don't know that I buy it. But...Assange's lawyer does.

As an American citizen, I find it absolutely outrageous that our government would be contemplating kidnapping or assassinating somebody without any judicial process simply because he had published truthful information.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And I guess they were keen on assassinating the guy that Trump and company spend a year+ praising for releasing leaks that hurt Democrats. I guess it's fun when government officials openly discuss assassinating Americans who don't even have any ties to terror networks which is new and interesting.
    Minor semantic note, Julian Assange is not American.

Not that that makes plotting his assassination any better, mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...ia-leaks.shtml

This goes beyond what I thought even Trump would do...but posting it for discussion.

Yahoo News reports that Team Trump discussed...kidnapping and assassinating Assange.

Like, they get specific about shooting out the tires of the plane he's flying to Russia in. Pompeo wanted fucking revenge, apparently.

Trump is a violent sociopath, but actually green-lighting a damn near public assassination? I don't know that I buy it. But...Assange's lawyer does.
    Now. If Jules was sitting on any. I mean ANY info on Trump.

The Pee Tapes might live!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/t...edical-records

Huh...and as initially reported in 2018...yeah, Trump's private buddies at Mar a Lago were working on a plan to monetize VA patient data.

“Patient data is, in my opinion, the most valuable assets [sic] the VA has,” a consultant said in a June 2017 email released Monday by Democrats on the House Oversight Committee. “It can be leveraged into hundreds of millions in revenue” by selling access to major companies, he said.
    Say it with me -

The
    Government
    Should
    Not
    Sell
    Or
    Otherwise
    Monetize
    Our
    Data
    Especially
    Our
    Medical
    Information

Not exactly a catchy acronym, but who gives a fuck.

That's so very libertarian.

Huh...and as initially reported in 2018...yeah, Trump's private buddies at Mar a Lago were working on a plan to monetize VA patient data.

Say it with me -

The
    Government
    Should
    Not
    Sell
    Or
    Otherwise
    Monetize
    Our
    Data
    Especially
    Our
    Medical
    Information

Not exactly a catchy acronym, but who gives a fuck.
    If they didn’t want their info sold they should have died when they had the chance.

Screw it, I tried to make an acronym and screwed it up, lol.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2021-09-27 at 10:10 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The rabid fanbase will mysteriously forget that while pointing at Biden and saying "he is old, therefore, he is sick and must be impeached".
    Indeed and won't he be the same age he said was too old to run at that point?

10+ Year Old Account
    “It can be leveraged into hundreds of millions in revenue”
    Man, for someone who claims to support the troops, Trump doesn't support the troops. Or, was he only going to sell the info of those that got captured?

Pack it the fuck in y'all, 2024's results have already been predicted.

By Joe fuckin Rogan - https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...iden-or-harris

I see conservative media again suddenly care about what some celebrity they don't care about has to say.

Who else goes to Joe Rogan, noted political expert, for all their political analysis? I mean, I swear, every time he's in the news I somehow lose even more respect for folks that listen to him unironically. The man is deeply, deeply stupid and has accidentialied his way into success despite honestly, not being very funny at all.

- - - Updated - - -

And fuck 'Bama.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021...-money-prisons

$400M in covid relief money? SHIT LOOKS LIKE A WINDWFALL TO BUILD MORE PRISONS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A PANDEMIC OR HELPING THE BROADER STATE OUT!

Seriously, what the fuck is with conservatives and their throbbing erections for the penal system?

10+ Year Old Account
    SHIT LOOKS LIKE A WINDWFALL TO BUILD MORE PRISONS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH A PANDEMIC
    Don't be silly, Edge.

Alabama's had a surge of COVID in prisons. Recently.

10+ Year Old Account

Isn't that like, massively illegal? HIPAA is a thing.

Seriously, what the fuck is with conservatives and their throbbing erections for the penal system?
    Because it's the last vestige of the plantation system and they will do everything in their power to ensure the stain of slavery remains present in this country for as long as humanly possible.

"Law & Order" folks are almost always either looking for free labor or to send a message to social 'undesirables'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Gotta love how polls are BS when they go against Trump but the minute they don't, "Look guys!"
    Gotta love how they hate the liberal Hollywood elite but the minute one of them makes favorable chimp sounds, "Look guys!"
    Gotta love how it's ok to divert and accept federal funds if your Republican but the minute a Dem wants to it's welfare, illegal and "Look Guys!"
    Gotta love how of all the people from NewsRadio, fuckboy is the only one still around

R.I.P. Phil
    <3 Dave
    Fuck Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assass...igence_reports

On 16 November, Central Intelligence Agency members who internally analyzed multiple sources of intelligence concluded that Mohammed bin Salman ordered Khashoggi's assassination.[1] On 20 November, US President Donald Trump disputed the CIA assessment and stated that the investigation into Khashoggi's death had to continue.[16] The 2020 National Defense Authorization Act required the U.S. intelligence community to share the report on who was responsible for Khashoggi's murder, but the Trump administration refused to release the report.
    I'd buy it, sadly.

https://www.salon.com/2021/09/27/rep...cement-theory/

In which Matt Gaetz goes on Megan Kelly's SirusXM show to support Tucker Carlson and the Great Replacement racism.

The biggest surprise, honestly, is that Megan Kelly has a SirusXM show. I thought she'd faded into podcast obscurity like Pence and Giuliani after her non-Fox career imploded faster than she rose to the position of "heir apparent to the most valuable hour of television".

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Isn't that like, massively illegal? HIPAA is a thing.
    Since when would something being illegal stop Trump or his cronies from doing it?
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

https://www.salon.com/2021/09/27/rep...cement-theory/

In which Matt Gaetz goes on Megan Kelly's SirusXM show to support Tucker Carlson and the Great Replacement racism.

The biggest surprise, honestly, is that Megan Kelly has a SirusXM show. I thought she'd faded into podcast obscurity like Pence and Giuliani after her non-Fox career imploded faster than she rose to the position of "heir apparent to the most valuable hour of television".
    Right!
    She's the Tim Tebow of that shit.
    Charlize Theron is a better Megan Kelly than Megan Kelly.

OT:
    Tucker and Gaetz.
    Those faces.
    At the same time.
    On TV.
    Halloween is here.

/cackle