Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    I was just reading this.
    With so much proof from his calls to GA to this to Jan. 6 itself, it's fucking crazy how much info is staring us all in the face.
    Call me naive, but I'm still dumbfounded that people can think otherwise at this point.
    I try and be the chimp but can't sometimes!

Edit:
    Also, deep state by the derp state is great lol
    Annnd I said that very thing about checks and balances on the 6th.
    I was proud of our democrazy for not letting him do this when I kinda thought it was going to happen there for a min.
    Last edited by Hollycakes; 2021-10-07 at 05:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollycakes View Post
    deep state by the derp state is great lol
    It is, I wish I could remember who said it first. I know it wasn't me.

EDIT: It was @Felya as shown here. Well, in this subforum, at least.

On topic: One of the largest abortion providers in Texas to resume shortly after the latest judge ruling. Remember, this vigilante justice is aimed at people who provide or help the women, so this group of health professionals saying "we think we'll be okay" is signalling they either can take the hit, or more likely, that they think they won't be hit in the first place. It might have something to do with Garland cheering the decision.

I guess to put this garbage in perspective: imagine if Texas had said "Okay, well, the Constitution says we can't allow slavery. But, we can order Texas cops not to investigate or prosecute slavery cases. Also we'll allow Texas businesses to claim employees even if those employees aren't being paid. And, we allow Texas gun owners to shoot, kill and hide the body of anyone who comes to investigate their slave farms -- and none of that will be prosecuted by us. We didn't legalize slavery, see? It's all fine!" Obviously, this would fail, the US would just fucking send 500 FBI officers with the firepower to turn Bubba Jo Bob Bubba and his double-barrel into a fine red mist. But that's the same kind of work-around Texas is trying. They're not fooling anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

We've mentioned the SCRI survey that ranks Presidents, and Trump, in order from worst to best by a poll of professional experts.

Trump is third to last. Only Buchanan and Johnson were worse. He was ranked the lowest in intelligence, lowest in integrity, and lowest in ability. Dead last in each of those. There were 20 categories, he was 40th or worse (out of 44) in all but two of them. He was ranked 10th best in luck, but bear in mind, this is a 2018 survey so COVID hadn't happened yet/wasn't graded yet. And he "only" got 39th in the economy.

People who know what they're talking about, say Trump is about the worst thing to happen to this country. He failed at basically everything he did.

"Clearly all these objectively certified experts are just librul commies!"

They put Reagan at 13 ahead of Clinton at 15. So, not much evidence there. EDIT: Obama was 17th, even less evidence there.

In case it matters, It was Washington-FDR-Lincoln at the top three. That's a decent mix of political affiliation.

Trump came in behind William Henry Harrison.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2021-10-07 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    We have reached a grim milestone: more people died from COVID in 2021 so far, than 2020. We just passed the 50/50 split.

Now of course a lot of that is the big chunk happeneing at the holiday season getting 2021 off to a running death start while deaths in 2020 too four months to really take off.

As you can see, things were the worst they've ever been under Trump. I probably don't need to qualify that, but I meant with COVID.

So let's do what I said I would do, find out the before/after Jan 20th breakdown of COVID deaths by blue/red states.

Using the CDC tracker because that has cumulative deaths by date, I found
    1) every state's deaths by Jan 20th
    2) every state's deaths since
    3) if that state voted for Trump (by simple majority)
    4) if that state has a GOP-controlled state house
    I had to do #4 because Trump was such a horrible WH resident that states that voted for their own red politicians, still didn't vote for Trump. He lost, because he was the worse option.

Because I changed the date to Jan 20th, it is no longer a 50/50 split. The US as a whole had passed the biggest peak it has ever had by then.

My findings:
    Of states that voted for Trump, 42.30% of all deaths were since Jan 20th. In states that did not vote for Trump, it was 33.54% This is a clear, substantial significant difference. Trump states have an extra 25% of deaths compared to Biden states.

Of states that have Republican-controlled state governing houses, I didn't do just governor by the way, 41.5% of all COVID deaths were after Jan 6th. In others, 31.5%. So the gap is still there, it's even wider.

Some other findings:
    A) More total deaths happened in blue states. Duh. Blue states tend to be larger, including early-hard-hit NY, NJ, and CA.
    B) But since Jan 20th, that changed. 50.04% of all deaths, a slim majority, came from Trump-voting states. However, an alarming 66.37% of all COVID deaths since Jan 20th have come from states with GOP-led state governing houses. Yeah, that's two to one. Ouch. Fuck Florida.
    C) If I ranked all states by %deaths since Jan 20th, we get some interesting results in the top ten. Hawaii is #1, they got screwed. But of the ten top states by that metric, four voted for Trump, and five have GOP houses, Georiga was #6 that's why.
    D) But the bottom ten, those with the lowest percent of deaths since Jan 20th, are also odd. There are some big names there, such as Illinois and Massachusets. Man, Illinois and Massachusets have done really well handling COVID! Can you imagine if a disingenuous falsehood-posting troll tried to say they didn't? They'd have nothing to back that up except Some Guy On Twitter. Oh also New York and New Jersey, because fuck me if that first hit didn't get them worried. Of these bottom ten states, only two voted for Trump. They are both Dakotas. Yes, SD is low on the list, they had a pretty safe summer.
    D2) Oddly enough, Texas is #22, despite their best efforts to kill themselves recently, they weren't doing it long enough. Florida is #8.
    E) If I change "voted for Trump" to "voted for Trump or sued to vote for Trump" we...get nothing useful, because those were pretty much states with GOP houses and we already did that. So all it does is widen the gap a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

It does, yes. Trump was so far gone, even the people he hired to throw the election, would not throw the election. I love the threat of mass resignations. I know it'll be painted as Deep State by the Derp State, but it just shows the checks and balances we have. Even people willing to work for Trump had lies they would not tell and lines they would not cross. Not all of them, but enough.
    If you use June 2021, instead of January 2021, as the cut off date, the numbers get really ugly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    If you use June 2021, instead of January 2021, as the cut off date, the numbers get really ugly.
    I'm sure they are. But that 50/50 benchpoint we passed today, Jan 20th seemed more on point.

I still have the file, I can always come back to it.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/07/us/ma...rge/index.html

Add one more to the long list of the GOP's stochastic terrorists. Maryland man kills 3 people (including his pharamacist brother) over his brother administering vaccine shots. The man looks pretty much exactly like you'd expect:

“Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/07/us/ma...rge/index.html

Add one more to the long list of the GOP's stochastic terrorists. Maryland man kills 3 people (including his pharamacist brother) over his brother administering vaccine shots. The man looks pretty much exactly like you'd expect:

Without even looking I'm going to guess he's on the Appalachian side of Maryland (Western Maryland).

EDIT: Yyyyyyyyyup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    Add one more to the long list of the GOP's stochastic terrorists. Maryland man kills 3 people (including his pharamacist brother) over his brother administering vaccine shots.
    History is going to judge this era... harshly.

Not so much for this one incident by itself, of course. It certainly sounds like he was "mentally unstable", just as his mother claimed when she called the police on him.

But it's inescapable that there's one single ideology that's acting like a lodestone for all the crazy, destructive behavior; unsurprisingly, it's the one with the crazy, destructive rhetoric.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Only in Qwonderland would Alice here kill people for thinking they were killing people, but were actually saving them.
    If Q is the beginning of a broader more evolved form of whatever this is, what does the future hold for the Q 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    History is going to judge this era... harshly.
    But will there be anyone around to read/study it?

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    But will there be anyone around to read/study it?
    This whole thing kind of reminds me of this Netflix docudrama on Ancient Rome I was just watching ... Julius Caesar tried to kill of the roman republic and become emperor, and only failed when the senate killed him. But because he got so close, his nephew was able to come to power a while later and declare himself emperor.

https://www.newsweek.com/idaho-gop-o...m-bill-1636670

"We actually will be totaling up the expenses that were incurred in the [review] process, and we will be sending him [Lindell] a bill," Houck told CNN on Thursday. He said there was "no validity" to any of the claims made by the My Pillow CEO and that the recent review in Idaho had demonstrated that.

Houck later wrote Newsweek on Thursday that the secretary of state's office is "considering" legal action against Lindell. "Regarding your question on potential legal action, we have discussed this with our counsel and are considering options—no specific actions have been taken," the wrote.
    Eyyy, good news! The poor folks of Idaho won't be saddled with the financial burdens of their pointless recounts, hopefully. They're sending the bill to sentient pillow Mike Lindell who pushed the bullshit narrative that triggered these recounts. Thankfully for him it's a pretty cheap bill, likely around $6,500.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If you believe this you honestly must not have been paying attention. Tucker Carlos is one of the most influential people in America (unfortunately).
    Tucker get's all his influence from his timeslot and that's it. Bill O'Reilly proved this. It doesn't matter who the talking head is in that timeslot on Fox, They're all replaceable, cause they are all interchangeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Tucker get's all his influence from his timeslot and that's it. Bill O'Reilly proved this.
    Hey, did you hear he's written a book the he says contains classified information and he'll get arrested for publishing it?

I just finished writing a book ... full of classified information that nobody has seen. I was lucky enough to be able to get it. I'll probably wind up in prison for printing it.

But I think Americans need to know that we are safer, and the reason is technology
    "Why would the publisher agree to publish something containing classified information if it would get them in jail?"

They wouldn't. Bill O'Reilly is lying.

"Well it could be classified information at the time, that's no longer valuable?"

Then he's lying when he says he'll get arrested.

"Why would have have it? How did he get it?"

There's no clear picture and O'Reilly didn't say. Probably because he was lying.

O'Reilly has published before. This book is the next in a series. But I'm calling bullshit on any publisher being told "this book contains classified information that will get you arrested for sharing it", and then deciding "Yes, but we're going to publish it anyhow, because we're going to risk our employees and our company for your bottom line".

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Hey, did you hear he's written a book the he says contains classified information and he'll get arrested for publishing it?

"Why would the publisher agree to publish something containing classified information if it would get them in jail?"

They wouldn't. Bill O'Reilly is lying.

"Well it could be classified information at the time, that's no longer valuable?"

Then he's lying when he says he'll get arrested.

"Why would have have it? How did he get it?"

There's no clear picture and O'Reilly didn't say. Probably because he was lying.

O'Reilly has published before. This book is the next in a series. But I'm calling bullshit on any publisher being told "this book contains classified information that will get you arrested for sharing it", and then deciding "Yes, but we're going to publish it anyhow, because we're going to risk our employees and our company for your bottom line".
    He can't sell tickets with Trump headlining, no way he is selling any books without complete bullshit false advertisement.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-op...el-they-belong

A Republican campaign manager for school board candidates in a Connecticut town has sparked controversy by telling participants of a virtual education forum that “helping kids of color to feel they belong has a negative effect on white, Christian, or conservative kids.
    In which a Republican operative, again, may have accidentally said the quiet part out loud that yes, they are racist as fuck and view people of color as lesser than white folk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "helping kids of color to feel they belong has a negative effect on white, Christian, or conservative kids.”.
    I've dropped in on a few school board meetings, even though I'm not K-12. Sad I missed that. I would have immediately stood up and said "My God! Someone has to tell those poor white children that kids of color are humans too! Does anyone have any critical race theory?"

And then I would have been thrown out.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-op...el-they-belong

In which a Republican operative, again, may have accidentally said the quiet part out loud that yes, they are racist as fuck and view people of color as lesser than white folk.
    Also, if "kids of color feel like people that belong and that makes white kids unhappy", then the "problem" is that those white kids are racist little shitmongers, and if they're causing problems about this, they should be suspended/expelled.

Not that I believe those kids necessarily exist. But if they do, they're the problem, not the other kids or the schools' policies.

If you're racist and get fired get expelled, it's your fault. *CLAP* *CLAP*

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Also, if "kids of color feel like people that belong and that makes white kids unhappy", then the "problem" is that those white kids are racist little shitmongers, and if they're causing problems about this, they should be suspended/expelled.

Not that I believe those kids necessarily exist. But if they do, they're the problem, not the other kids or the schools' policies.

If you're racist and get fired get expelled, it's your fault. *CLAP* *CLAP*
    I'm all for a more positive approach with kids, they're still developing and impressionable (even teens) and can change. Try to get them early and steer them away from that path vs. expelling them and potentially pushing them further down that road.

But no sympathy for racist ass adults. Take your lumps, do better, and beg for forgiveness while clawing your way back to polite society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    shitmongers
    Yeah that's kind of where I was going.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for a more positive approach with kids, they're still developing and impressionable (even teens) and can change. Try to get them early and steer them away from that path vs. expelling them and potentially pushing them further down that road.

But no sympathy for racist ass adults. Take your lumps, do better, and beg for forgiveness while clawing your way back to polite society.
    Part of the problem in the field of education specifically (I'm a certified teacher, FWIW, even if I'm not teaching because the job market was balls and then there was a pandemic), is that you're not responsible for one child in your classroom. You're responsible for all the children in your classroom. If one child is being disruptive and is not willing to change their behaviour when confronted and given their options, then teachers generally have their hands tied. There's only so much that positive reinforcement can bring about, and generally, racist kids are the ones rejecting the very same measures that would provide that reinforcement; they won't accept working with the black kid as a partner because <insert racial epithets here>. That's normally what you might do if two kids have issues with each other; give them more chances to work together and keep an eye on them. Here, it's just giving the abusive kid the opportunity to predate, and that's something you can't allow, as a teacher.

If that child is a problem, and not accepting redirection and guidance from the teacher, that's where you get to suspensions and, eventually, expulsions. Because removing that child from the school is the only tool the teacher has left to protect the classroom environment for every other student.

It's the same idea as how you'd respond to a student bringing a knife into the school, with intent to stab another student (to use an example that happened in one of my schools, though not my class). That knife kid was expelled. That can't be accepted. They have to protect every other child.

To use another example, I moved around a bunch as a kid. In one move, I ended up in a new city and new school in the middle of 4th grade. The class I happened to get put in was a nightmare class. I was abused pretty extensively, as the new kid. It was bad. I don't want to get into details, but it was bad enough that my parents literally sold their house to get me into a different school district and out of that class. When they were talking to staff at other schools while looking for a new location, every principal would have a reaction along the lines of "oh, he's in that class? Christ. Get him out any way you can". I was out after Grade 6. That class went on into junior high together, and caused so many fucking problems that the junior high, by their grade 9 year, sent out letters to the entire Grade 9 parent list, saying there were "administrative concerns" that had to be addressed. They did that so nobody would feel singled out. Most parents just got a "thanks for coming in, it's not you or your kid, you can go." Parents of this class? They mostly got told their kids were being seriously suspended (like, two weeks), or expelled. It was a massive issue for the entire school board and had to be pre-approved all the way up to the provincial level, but there weren't any other options. These kids were the complete "you can't tell me what to do, my parents will sue you" types of asshats. There was no getting through to them, and delaying action just let it all fester.

So when I recommend quick and strong responses on issues like this, it's both as a certified professional in the industry and as a child who's lived through the failures that a lack of such action can produce.