10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    From the accredited scientific journal of Her Ass.
    Yeah, but, we've seen some stupid things here before, 30 days after the vaccine is something not even anti-vaxxers have come up with. Like, anyone creative enough to invent that idea is smart enough to know it's fake. It'd be like telling people vanilla beans cause cancer. You've never seen that. I've never seen that. I did a quick Google search and nobody else has said it. I don't know why anyone would come up with that idea, for which there isn't even a lie backing it up, and believe it to be true.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yeah, but, we've seen some stupid things here before, 30 days after the vaccine is something not even anti-vaxxers have come up with. Like, anyone creative enough to invent that idea is smart enough to know it's fake. It'd be like telling people vanilla beans cause cancer. You've never seen that. I've never seen that. I did a quick Google search and nobody else has said it. I don't know why anyone would come up with that idea, for which there isn't even a lie backing it up, and believe it to be true.

You'd think they'd let up on the Trumpism of "claim whatever you want is true because it suits your narrative and your followers will believe it"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Today in "Fuck Florida":

A Florida school says students who get vaxxed must stay home for 30 days due to unfounded claim that they'll infect others

Florida, home of the largest, steamiest piles of bullshit.
    Help yourself and have a month off from idiots? Sounds like a win to me, even if that win stems from people being paint drinkingly stupid.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I mean, you live in a rainforest…
    That's more like high elevation rain forest. Not sea level rain forest. Or San Francisco will work also.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/to...eadegreetype=F

Yes, "vaccine shedding" is a pretty common talking point among those with a severe allergy to reality. Along with the mercury (and autism) garbage, it comes with a sliver of truth...that gets wildly misrepresented and blown out of proportion by conspiracy-addled assholes.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2021-10-18 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yes, "vaccine shedding" is a pretty common talking point among those with a severe allergy to reality. Along with the aluminum (and autism) garbage, it comes with a sliver of truth...that gets wildly misrepresented and blown out of proportion by conspiracy-addled assholes.
    I have no clue how it relates to it, but I do seem to recall a lot of "SPIKE PROTEIN" being shouted in the word gumbo these folks scream at school board members and city council officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I have no clue how it relates to it, but I do seem to recall a lot of "SPIKE PROTEIN" being shouted in the word gumbo these folks scream at school board members and city council officials.
    I know that one was related to the belief that the vaccine would cause infertility in women, because they believed that protein was the same involved in something to do with the uterine wall, I think. Didn't bother to track down what else they believed about the spike protein. It gets too depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    The upside being that students would probably jump on the opportunity to miss 30 days of school, lol.
    I would have loved 30 days paid quarantine from work, that's for sure. Per dose no less. Can only dream...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I know that one was related to the belief that the vaccine would cause infertility in women, because they believed that protein was the same involved in something to do with the uterine wall, I think. Didn't bother to track down what else they believed about the spike protein. It gets too depressing.
    I thought vaccines made you artistic? /s
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I thought vaccines made you artistic? /s
    You misread it, vaccines will make your child acoustic.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    COVID just killed Colin Powell.

Powell was a classic Republican, and left the party after Trump tried to overthrow it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Lemme just make sure I have this right.

They're worried about vaccinated kids infecting other kids with the vaccine?
    Same place that was worried it would make the breeding sows, I mean female teachers, infertile.

10+ Year Old Account
    He was also fully vaccinated so Trumpsters are back on their bullshit in that regard.
    He was. As Lindsey Graham has also proven, just because you're vaccinated doesn't make you 100% immune -- just more resistant. Powell was 84 and someone brought COVID to him, and killed him. Big surprise, Trump's rabid fanbase will blame the vaccine and not the person who killed Colin Powell.

As for the other part, it's true that Powell's legacy will always be...let's say "mixed" because it's too soon after his death for me to explain how I really feel.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Lemme just make sure I have this right.

They're worried about vaccinated kids infecting other kids with the vaccine?
    Yes. This isn’t new either. It was around 6 months ago I remember reading about anti-vaxx idiots wearing masks because they were worried vaccinated people would shed their vaccine causing the unvaccinated to become vaccinated. I kinda wish that had become a bigger trend. We wouldn’t have had the same summer surge.
    We truly do live in the worst timeline.

Anti-Vaxxers worrying about "vaccine shedding" isn't even new; they've been claiming that for years, but this is the first time (AFAIK) that actual people in power (however limited) tried to actually use that bullshit to punish people for getting vaccinated.

He was. As Lindsey Graham has also proven, just because you're vaccinated doesn't make you 100% immune -- just more resistant. Powell was 84 and someone brought COVID to him, and killed him. Big surprise, Trump's rabid fanbase will blame the vaccine and not the person who killed Colin Powell.

As for the other part, it's true that Powell's legacy will always be...let's say "mixed" because it's too soon after his death for me to explain how I really feel.
    Powell had cancer, which compromised his immune system. And while its true no vaccine makes you 100% immune, it prepares your immune system to target and destroy the virus quickly (in this case, before it destroys your lungs). So yeah, weak immune system makes for a weak immune response, however Powell would still be alive today if the people around him bothered to get vaccinated or wear masks.

Make no mistake it wasn't covid that killed Powell. Ignorant conservatives killed Powell, with covid, at some kind of fundraiser I assume.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by For_The_Horde View Post
    Make no mistake it wasn't covid that killed Powell. Ignorant conservatives killed Powell, with covid, at some kind of fundraiser I assume.
    Or a health care worker that was supposed to get vaccinated for their job, but "I just don't want to". Honestly, there are a lot of stupid ways to kill someone.

Or a health care worker that was supposed to get vaccinated for their job, but "I just don't want to". Honestly, there are a lot of stupid ways to kill someone.
    As a healthcare worker, I still can't understand why these people can call themselves healthcare workers and not believe in medicine. All to appease some kind of orange flavored fascism? I mean what's next, teachers who don't believe in science? First responders who don't believe in public safety? Wait a minute...

10+ Year Old Account
    As a healthcare worker, I still can't understand why these people can call themselves healthcare workers and not believe in medicine. All to appease some kind of orange flavored fascism? I mean what's next, teachers who don't believe in science? First responders who don't believe in public safety? Wait a minute...
    To quote the Biology teacher my freshman year of HS in a shithole small town in Michigan, circa 1992: I'm required to teach you about the theory of evolution, but we all know what really happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    To quote the Biology teacher my freshman year of HS in a shithole small town in Michigan, circa 1992: I'm required to teach you about the theory of evolution, but we all know what really happened.
    Same in my small town in Florida.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean what's next
    What's next is FOX News saying in public that Colin Powell's death means vaccines don't work.