Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    There is no public information that Rep. Perry is vaccinated, but he has spoken out against mandates, so my guess is "no".
    These guys are so hypocritical that if they speak out against vaccines you can damn near guarantee they were first in line to get vaccinated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Are you kidding me? He is more then likely vaccinated just look at Trump, DeSantis, Carlson, etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastard View Post
    These guys are so hypocritical that if they speak out against vaccines you can damn near guarantee they were first in line to get vaccinated.
    ...yeah what the hell was I thinking. Trump is still the exception, he brags about creating it, but yeah, it's not as obvious as I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Also, mandates vs vaccines. Pretty much EVERY talking head/politician that slams mandates is fully vaxxed. They just want the plebs to have the right to choose suicide by covid.
    How dare you go against the PR department!
    It's "They just want the TRUE PATRIOTS to have their GOD GIVEN RIGHT to choose FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM!!1!11!!!!one!!!ONE11!!11 !!Eleventyone!!! ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶f̶u̶n̶e̶r̶a̶l̶s̶.̶"
    You don't want to stop True Patriots do you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump swaps tactics in court, going Slippery Slope this time.

Few things.

1) LOCK HER UP LOCK HER UP

2) Trump seems to be arguing that, since a search warrant could find evidence of a crime when there's probable cause, it might also be used to find probable cause when other people have done it. Um...good?

3) He does know the GOP wants to flip the House, right? Why wouldn't the GOP want this?

4) Benghazi. How many times did Clinton sit there, looking bored, while the GOP read all those documents they asked for?

5) If these times are hyperpartisan, can we at least blame the side arguing the Earth is flat while they storm the Capitol?

Trump is trying to claim that the latest ruling against him let's Congress investigate whoever they want, shutting down the Executive and Judicial branches if they wanted to. Hey, if the Executive or Judicial branch commits crimes, I think they should be shut down. If he's suggesting they'd launch a phony investigation with no motive other than to stall, I point to the Ellis and Eastman memos and say "Self own, fatass, that's some world-class projection."

Honestly, this is yet more shit Trump is throwing at the wall hoping it sticks. Congress has a long history of oversight. A ruling by these merits would end that forever.
    So, a system built around checks and balances (it's why we have 3 separate branches)...and the guy who doesn't give a shit about democracy wants to not actually employ the checks and balances because doing that might catch and hold people doing bad things accountable and responsible for their actions....and that's going to somehow disrupt and bring down the system...that was built to do EXACTLY that? did I get that right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    did I get that right?
    Almost.

For a perfect score, you should have pointed out that he's asking one of the branches to voluntarily forfeit that power on exactly the kind of situation in which it's supposed ot have it -- breaking a tie between the other two.

Things still haven't completely shaken out, but I'll do it anyway; here's Tuesday's report:

87,133 new cases; about 6k more than last Tuesday.

Top 10:

Minnesota: 10,656 new cases; 51 deaths
    Pennsylvania: 5,778 new cases; 72 deaths
    Ohio: 5,639 new cases; 43 deaths
    California: 5,623 new cases; 82 deaths
    Texas: 4,873 new cases; 72 deaths
    Wisconsin: 4,811 new cases; 2 deaths
    New York: 4,701 new cases; 66 deaths
    Arizona: 3,240 new cases; 83 deaths
    Colorado: 3,068 new cases; 35 deaths
    Illinois: 3,005 new cases; 22 deaths

Minnesota's daily new cases hasn't stopped going up since July, but today's monstrous total is likely partially due to a correction and their silly reporting system. They're in trouble, but maaaaybe not so bad as it seems today. Wisconsin and Ohio have also had increasing totals; include Michigan in that even though they're not on the list--they didn't report yesterday (another silly reporting system) but their cases have also been rising for weeks. I was worried about California a week or so ago, but they've managed to remain relatively steady so far thanks largely to their aggressive vaccination campaign and stricter lockdowns/precautions. Wear your masks; get your jabs. Alaska's cases per 100k has plummeted to around 54 since last week, dropping them out of the "Severe" risk category...for now. Michigan currently tops the list at around 72. I'd tell you who has the worst positivity but all you need to do is read my reports for the past few weeks because that hasn't changed in all that time.

1,282 deaths is nearly 300 fewer than last Tuesday and brings the total to 786,268. Texas and California have been in a tug of war over the last 2-300 separating them for the past week, but I still suspect Texas will be posting some larger numbers in the next couple days. Today no states reported over 100, with Arizona, California and Pennsylvania (and Texas, tied) taking the top spots in that order ranging from 83 to 72. The 7-day average has dipped below 1k--for now, until the corrections from states like Florida roll in with their backfills to fuck that up.

Related news:

Florida teacher at center of ivermectin lawsuit dies of COVID, husband says 'name a law after her'--I'm not sure they'll allow "Dumb Motherfucker" as the name of the bill, but it's a top contender considering the lawsuit was, if you'll remember, her suing a hospital for not giving her useless treatment.

Pastor Says Church Event Tied to Deadly COVID Outbreak Was 'What God Wanted Us to Do'--This is in Canada, but roughly the same shit is happening in the US, which should make more rational people lean towards the anti-"religious exemption" side of things.

Stay safe, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    her suing a hospital for not giving her useless treatment.
    They actually caved and gave her some. Her lawyer claimed it wasn't enough.

Like many others, I take issue with her husband saying "if the hospital had let her leave, she could have gotten the medicine." Not that the statement was false, but the statement is stupid.

1) She was too sick to leave. For example...she died.

2) Hospitals aren't big fans of contagious people wandering the streets.

3) If a rehab center lets a crack addict leave, that crack addict could get more crack. Which is counterproductive to a rehab center. The hospital was trying to save her life, which is why they didn't want random-ass drugs that don't work put in her system because Joe Rogan says so.

Also, at some point, insurance companies need to get involved. Not just COVID, but rules that would have applied here. Health insurance currently doesn't cover something just because you claim it's medicine. No, your BMW's new tires aren't medical help to keep your legs from struggling because you walk to work. No, crack doesn't cure the aliens that live in your eyeballs. That's already on the books. But, if someone intentioally does something to hurt themselves, coverage starts to drop pretty quickly. That's insurance fraud. What might need to happen, is if you say "I want to do this thing" and your doctor goes on record saying "no, don't do that thing, it is bad for you" and you say "I'm going to do it anyhow" then I think the health insurers should be allowed to say "that's fine, but we won't cover any damages you suffer because you did this thing".

Not talking about taking horse dewormer. Talking about walking out of a hospital. You self-discharge AMA, you're on you own.

Why? The ACA is at least partly in effect. Right now, insurers are still required to cover people with pre-existing conditions, which include "I got sick but left the hospital to find horse dewormer rather than stay for proven life-saving treatment" when their comatose bodies are dragged back on stretchers with tubes down their face-holes. Insurers, by law, can't say "we refuse to take you because you have pre-existing conditions". It's just that there's no penalty for, say, waiting until you're near death, then asking for medical care. That's why the ACA had both. Had. Past-tense.

HMOs etc. aren't my favorite, but someone who says "I will do the opposite of what my doctor says, but still expect him to treat me when it doesn't work and I get worse" are lower on my list. And no, this part isn't even about the vaccine -- a doctor saying "do this or we drop you" might be too far. But if, as the husband is saying there should be a law to allow, you just walk out of a hospital even though your doctor says that will kill you, you should be penalized by your health care for doing something that dangerous on purpose. They should be able to say "you had your chance, you broke our contract, see ya".

So maybe not "Dumb Motherfucker" law, but "the Death Cult law" or "the DNR law" or "I Hope You're Rich Enough To Pay For This Dumb Fucking Idea law"

10+ Year Old Account
    Might be time for the US to take the Singapore approach to the unvaccinated and just make them pay out of pocket for their medical expenses.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ated-by-choice
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Might be time for the US to take the Singapore approach to the unvaccinated and just make them pay out of pocket for their medical expenses.

America already does that largely since we don’t have quality healthcare.

The closest we would be able to do would be to change it where insurance companies were no longer liable to cover them similar to how GOP tried to make it where they didn’t have to cover many feminine issues and products.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

lol... you say you're from chicago but don't know how health care in the US works?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    America already does that largely since we don’t have quality healthcare.

The closest we would be able to do would be to change it where insurance companies were no longer liable to cover them similar to how GOP tried to make it where they didn’t have to cover many feminine issues and products.
    I don't think I'd have much issue with that. Unfortunately you bring up a point where the GOP would see such a thing as a precedent and use it to attack women's health care.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    lol... you say you're from chicago but don't know how health care in the US works?
    I was referring to insurance companies being able to decline coverage. You know kind of like how they do to cancer patients when they feel that their condition cannot be improved.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

While I don't disagree with the sentiment, it would actually end up worse for the country/ business providing the treatment because that would mean they probably wouldn't ever get most of the money. The America Health Care system is so fucked up that the treatment cost would completely bankrupt most families. So forcing them to pay it themselves, without the help of insurance, would just mean no one gets any money. Obviously, not ideal. And that's a very simplified and boiled down version of it, there's tons of nuance, but yeah...that's the gist.

I don't think I'd have much issue with that. Unfortunately you bring up a point where the GOP would see such a thing as a precedent and use it to attack women's health care.
    Actually it would kind of be reversed. We would be using attacks the GOP has ALREADY attempted on women's healthcare and applying it to this.

Remember, they have already tried to get it where insurance and medicare and all wouldn't cover contraception or anything like that.

Edit: But the GOP would then use that to double down and try harder.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account

I was referring to insurance companies being able to decline coverage. You know kind of like how they do to cancer patients when they feel that their condition cannot be improved.
    You mean "their condition costs them more money than they think it should."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    You mean "their condition costs them more money than they think it should."
    Pretty much. It's one of the greatest failures of the American insurance system. "We don't want to cover your procedure for reasons...even if you have been a loyal customer for decades."

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of the greatest failures of the American insurance system. "We don't want to cover your procedure for reasons...even if you have been a loyal customer for decades."
    The ACA was supposed to address that, making it illegal to kick people off. But there's "kick people off" vs "keep them and their money, but call some things optional and not pay for them".

Yeah the system sucks less, but it still sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, the QAnon shaman's trial is over. Based on recent events, it could be...

41 months same as the last guy.

The QAnon shaman switched from "he's insane" to "can we just say time served and let bygones by bygones?" The judge said "there's a minimum, so no".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Minnesota: 10,656 new cases; 51 deaths
    Pentagon sending medical teams to Minnesota hospitals amid surge in cases.

You saw it, Biden has dispatched people to the worst parts of the country with medical help.

He did not steal their ventilators. Or ask if they voted for Biden.

- - - Updated - - -

Republicans threaten to block the defense spending bill.

"What? The war party?"

Eh, to be fair, they're saying the Democrats keep adding stuff to it that doesn't belong, including "an anti-China competitiveness measure" which could probably go either way.

I'm a fan of things being able to stand on their own. If the Republicans are willing to vote "no" on defense spending, I say let them.

So the FBI raided the office of Lauren Boebert's campaign manager this morning. Happy Wednesday!

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time for Guess the Speaker!

McConnell is a fool and he damn well better stop their ‘Dream of Communism Bill’ and keep his Senators in line, or he should resign now, something he should have done a long time ago. Use the Debt Ceiling like it should have been used, you Old Broken Crow, to do so would hurt our Country far less than this horrible Bill,
    "Trump. Duh."

Correct, through his PAC because he still can't Tweet. Because he's a liar and a menace.

"Did Trump resign when he could not keep the GOP in line, when they sunk his Trumpcare?"

No.

"Is Trump just fatass-hurt that Biden has an Infrastructure Week that works?"

Probably.

"What is Old Crow?"

Henry Clay's favorite bourbon. Henry Clay is famous if you're from Kentucky.

"What is Old Broken Crow?"

Word salad garbage. It doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    So the FBI raided the office of Lauren Boebert's campaign manager this morning. Happy Wednesday!
    https://www.nbc11news.com/2021/11/17...paign-manager/

Sauce.

Mesa County Clerk/Recorder, Boebert's former campaign manager both had their homes raided. Two others as well, but they're not named yet.

I've got no clue what this is all about, but I'm not surprised to read that one of them ran to cry on Mike Lindell's podcast and complained about CRT in response to the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've got no clue what this is all about, but I'm not surprised to read that one of them ran to cry on Mike Lindell's podcast and complained about CRT in response to the raid.
    It appears to be part of their investigation into the electoral system breach in Colorado.