Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    legions of real-life supporters still in his rally
    Yo, didn't this guy lose an election? Why do his supporters wanna hang around a fuckin loser? That's weird, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    it'd be easy to believe those comments of support are botsl
    Very easy. It's because they are. I've seen the same names on CNN, MSNBC, and Stephen Colbert saying the same three/four word sentences. If they're not bots, they're very, very, very low-energy trolls. Good thing I said "trolls and bots" huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    The GOP are likely taking steps to ensure Trump does not try to run. No, they won't kill him, but they might order him extra-large fries and wait for nature to take its course. They will, however, try to find a suitable replacement and DeSantis fits the bill. DeSantis has proven he can carry the rabid fanbase...unless Trump specifically tells them not to, which he can only do to half-filled rally seats or ALL CAPS emails. Meanwhile people like McConnell are telling the few remaining logical members "Do you really want someone that's a proven failure to run again?"

Pence could be the key to destroy Trump. All he has to do is tell the Jan 6th panel everything he knows. This, incidentally, is almost certainly "I knew what he was asking was horrifying and I wanted no part of it".
    That would take Trump out while also doing massive damage to the party, especially if Trump went scorched earth on his way down. I would prefer that to him outright dying whether it be from stress or cholesterol, if he dies, they can run on his name and lie about him without worrying about him trying to get a piece of the action as well. Him dying is the worse case scenario here with the only thing really being worse than that is him running again and winning.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    That would take Trump out while also doing massive damage to the party, especially if Trump went scorched earth on his way down.
    I'm unironically waiting for this. We know he'll throw anyone and everyone under the bus to try to save his own ass, and he'll make shit up along the way.

You bet your ass if this shit unfolds I'm taking some vacation time and bulk-ordering popcorn and a fancy popcorn maker. Shit man, I might even have to find one of those theater butter machines and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    That would take Trump out while also doing massive damage to the party, especially if Trump went scorched earth on his way down.
    Yes. It would be glorious. They're going to have to convince him to step aside somehow. Possibly hanging a taco and a picture of Ivanka in a bikini over a contract that says "Trump makes the best bestiest best decision for the country because he is bigly and yuge".

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Why do his supporters wanna hang around a fuckin loser? That's weird, man.
    charismatic, vulgar, loud ultranationalist can sway the American masses in an era dominated by fear and hate for China and Russia

people want this image of strength in such hard times. joe biden doesn't exactly exude charisma or strength in his speeches and demeanor.

I think that's really why unless Trump dies or goes to prison, he will return in 2024.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

charismatic, vulgar, loud ultranationalist can sway the American masses in an era dominated by fear and hate for China and Russia

people want this image of strength in such hard times. joe biden doesn't exactly exude charisma or strength in his speeches and demeanor.

I think that's really why unless Trump dies or goes to prison, he will return in 2024.
    It swayed you...

It's a shame people like you decided that supporting fascists was the right choice.

We've already established that his supporters (you) don't care what he does, they will still worship him.

I'm unironically waiting for this. We know he'll throw anyone and everyone under the bus to try to save his own ass, and he'll make shit up along the way.

You bet your ass if this shit unfolds I'm taking some vacation time and bulk-ordering popcorn and a fancy popcorn maker. Shit man, I might even have to find one of those theater butter machines and everything.
    If it does, part of me wants to go back on facebook again for a bit (Haven't been on since October of 2020) just to see Yall Queda lose their minds.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

charismatic, vulgar, loud ultranationalist can sway the masses in an era where WW3 might break out from evil foreign dictators
    Yo, what movie is this a summary for? It sounds wild. WWIII? That shit better have big budget special effects.

people want this image of strength in such hard times.
    Why aren't we electing bodybuilders? They're literally images of strength in hard times, and in soft times. They're always images of strength.

When the fuck does Kenneth Flex Wheeler start his campaign, and why aren't people pounding on his door to tell him they need his well oiled, rippled muscles?

Yo, what movie is this a summary for? It sounds wild. WWIII? That shit better have big budget special effects.

Why aren't we electing bodybuilders? They're literally images of strength in hard times, and in soft times. They're always images of strength.

When the fuck does Kenneth Flex Wheeler start his campaign, and why aren't people pounding on his door to tell him they need his well oiled, rippled muscles?
    They are practically admitting they supported him, because he's "literally Hitler."

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, I just rememebered something.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So I think we, as a community, need to band together to discuss what was "bore out" with regard to election fraud. I think that, whenever any Trump supporter or "I'm not a Trump supporter, but isn't he the best and doesn't his dick taste like cotton candy?" poster posts literally anything, they should instead be asked about what Trump said in this interview. Because nothing a Trump supporter has to say, right now, is more important than "I agree/disagree that we have found proof of election fraud".

It's been a year. He's still saying the election was stolen. And he's saying there's proof. Trump supporters, cite this evidence. Any of you. All of y'all. Nothing you have to say has any merit if you cannot address this direct, specific issue. This cannot be handwaved.

The things that have found out have more than bore out what people thought and what people felt and what people found
    Any Trump supporter, any thread, any topic. They answer this first. If there is objective proof, give them every chance to present it. If they disagree, give them every chance to disagree. These are both valid options. But they must now answer this, before anything else they have to say can be entertained. Because nothing is more important than "I have proof the election was stolen".
    @YUPPIE this is now directed at you. You, who appeared out of nowhere within minutes of Trump losing a SCOTUS case to say "yay Trump is loved and his dick tastes like strawberries" must now answer this direct question.

What did Trump mean by "The things that have found out have more than bore out what people thought and what people felt and what people found"? Did Trump win the election? Where is the proof that Trump won the election, the proof he seems to say he has?

Respond to this, or by failure to respond to that, admit you're deflecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised after the insurrection and COVID handling, Trump still has so much love and support judging from the rally.
    A few thousand people? Yeah, there will always be people who fall for the grift. It's hardly indicative of improved national support.

And Trump lost in 2020, so...

Just look at Youtube and it's non-stop shitting on Biden everywhere you go with praises of Trump and a "return."
    You realize that youtube curates your recommendations, right? Like, they recommend things that are similar to what you've watched before.

So all this means is that you've watched an excessive amount of far-right propaganda videos.

For reference, my youtube recommendations don't look anything like yours; I see absolutely none of what you're talking about.

Yeah, he's going to just be re-elected like nothing happened.
    Nah, bruv.

Also, from today:

Newsweek: Trump Support Dips as Most Republicans Say 'Fresh Face' Needed in 2024
    A majority of Republicans would prefer a "fresh face" to run for president in 2024 while support for former President Donald Trump is "tanking," according to a new poll.

A poll released on Wednesday by former Trump adviser John Bolton's Super PAC found that 56 percent of GOP primary voters think that a new Republican candidate is needed to defeat President Joe Biden in the next election. While about 50 percent of all of the poll's respondents said that they had an unfavorable view of Biden, 53 percent said they had an unfavorable view of Trump.

Support for Trump's false claims of a "stolen" 2020 election also appeared to be waning. A 79 percent majority of all voters, including 67 percent of GOP primary voters, agreed that "Joe Biden is legally the president." A 70 percent majority, including a 49 percent plurality of Republicans, said that votes in the 2020 election were "counted accurately."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

russia is literally on the verge of annihilating Ukraine. Biden repeatedly states the US won't intervene with armed conflict against Russia. People have taken this as a sign of weakness or cowardice undermining America's strength in the face of absolute evil.

That's why people get lured in by people like Trump, who make grandiose speeches shitting on those faults and promising ultranationalist ideals.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

hat's why people get lured in by people like Trump
    Is he using a lure? Or do you think he's more of a live-bait kinda guy?

russia is literally on the verge of annihilating Ukraine. Biden repeatedly states the US won't intervene in armed conflict against Russia. People take this as a sign of weakness or cowardice undermining America's strength in the face of absolute evil.

That's why people get lured in by people like Trump, who make grandiose speeches shitting on those faults and promising ultranationlist ideals.
    Trump literally wanted Putin to do it, and is his biggest fucking fan.

Your guy would be massaging Putin's balls while he invaded Ukraine.

So, what you're saying... you wanted "literally Hitler." when you decided to support Trump? If you do not answer, I'll take that as a yes.

i mean this is an oddly opportunistic moment for Trump to stoke support depending on what Biden says or does

let's say the next morning Russia invades Ukraine and wildly gun down everyone they see. Biden just makes a speech condemning russia but saying he won't do anything, personally

trump or a promising GOP strongman can chime right in after and say "if you elect me i will upturn those russian bastards" and the scared masses will buy it.

i mean this is an oddly opportunistic moment for Trump to stoke support depending on what Biden says or does

let's say the next morning Russia invades Ukraine and wildly gun down everyone they see. Biden just makes a speech condemning russia but saying he won't do anything, personally

trump or a promising GOP strongman can chime right in after and say "if you elect me i will upturn those russian bastards" and the scared masses will buy it.
    Yeah, just like Hitler did...

let's say the next morning Russia invades Ukraine and wildly gun down everyone they see.
    You have to be reading from a box of scripts at this point. Which move studio left those out in the rain.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little more on the topic, since I know it alarms certain posters into action. Call it "trigger discipline".

As a variety of sources say, SCOTUS said they weren't necessarily thrilled that a President could dismiss and/or not honor Trump's claims of privilege, but they also admitted that wasn't a legal factor.

In its decision Wednesday, the Supreme Court said that the questions of whether and when a former president can obtain a court order blocking the release of records despite an incumbent president saying they can be released “are unprecedented and raise serious and substantial concerns.”

But the high court noted that D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals did not address those questions “because it analyzed and rejected President Trump’s privilege claims ‘under any of the tests [he] advocated.’ ”

The decision noted that the appeals court “concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent” president.

Therefore, the ruling said, “his status as a former President necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision” against Trump, the Supreme Court noted in rejecting to take up his argument on the question of a former president having the power to invoke executive privilege.
    Simply put, every time Trump has claimed he has ultimate authority or absolute immunity, he's been directly and specifically proven wrong. It's not a winning strategy. But it's the only one he has left.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yeah, just like Hitler did...
    that's more implying the average citizens are at fault, then. If Biden's approval rating tanks from declaring no conflict, it just indicates people want violence or a no-shit aggro leader