7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Man even these kids know how fucked up this guy and this bill is.

These trumpkins are just a freaking mess with this bill in florida.

With 10 Sharpie markers to sign it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Trump outdid himself with Jan 6. 7 hours and 37 minutes. That’s the gap in the White House logs from Jan 6. Nixon only hid 18.5 minutes.
    White House records turned over to House show 7-hour gap in Trump phone log on Jan. 6

Internal White House records from the day of the attack on the U.S. Capitol that were turned over to the House select committee show a gap in Donald Trump's phone logs of seven hours and 37 minutes, including the period when the building was being violently assaulted, according to documents obtained by CBS News' chief election & campaign correspondent Robert Costa and The Washington Post's associate editor Bob Woodward.
    And if anyone is thinking about challenging the integrity of Bob Woodward, you might as well just not bother. Woodward's story is here if anyone has a WaPo account and wants to add whatever I missed.

The lack of an official White House notation of any calls placed to or by Trump for 457 minutes — from 11:17 a.m. to 6:54 p.m. — on Jan. 6, 2021 means there is no record of the calls made by Trump as his supporters descended on the U.S. Capitol, battled overwhelmed police and forcibly entered the building, prompting lawmakers and Vice President Mike Pence to flee for safety.

The 11 pages of records — which consist of the president's official daily diary and the White House switchboard call log — were turned over by the National Archives earlier this year to the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack.

The records show that Trump was active on the phone for part of the day, documenting conversations that he had with at least eight people in the morning and 11 people that evening. The gap also stands in stark contrast to the extensive public reporting about phone conversations he had with allies during the attack.

The House panel is now investigating whether Trump communicated that day through backchannels, phones of aides or personal disposable phones, known as "burner phones," according to two people with knowledge of the probe, who, like others interviewed for this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information. The committee is also scrutinizing whether it received the full log from that day.

The records show that former White House chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon — who said on his Jan. 5 podcast that "all hell is going to break loose tomorrow" — spoke with Trump twice on Jan. 6.

A spokesman for the committee declined to comment.
    Now, there are several reasons this could happen.

1) Trump, who at the time was still running the country, made no official calls on the day of election certification -- for any reason, at all, during peak daylight hours. During a time he was contesting the election.
    2) Trump did make official calls, and is refusing to hand them over.
    3) A wizard did it.

"Oh, a Simpson's reference. Funny."

No, I'm saying Trump was directing traffic with KKK members trying to lynch Pence.

I think it would be difficult to go back through Trump's Twitter posts alone and find a gap of 7 1/2 hours. We pointed out every 24-hour silence, it was always after something bad happened to him. So I'm not saying it's impossible out of context. I am saying, in the lead-up to his rally, the follow-up of his rally, and the murderous insurrection, for him to make no calls and the WH switchboard to take no calls? That's not the case.

So yes, Trump is lying. Shocker, I know. Incidentally if you want more proof Trump is lying:

I have no idea what a burner phone is, to the best of my knowledge I have never even heard the term.
    --Trump, yesterday

This is bullshit. A random-ass 70+ person stuck in the past, maaaaaaaaaaaybe. Not here. Anyone so infatuated with TV like Trump, Hollywood movies like Trump, and who tweets nonstop like Trump has heard the term "burner phone". Trump is lying when he says he's never heard it. Imagine your defense being you're too stupid and ill-informed to know what a burner phone is. That's what he's claiming. -- he's too stupid and ill-informed to be a criminal.

Trump via spokesperson did say, and this might as well be an exact quote, "Whaaaaaaat? Missing phone records the day of the peaceful tour guide? What an interesting coincidence! Surely it's not Trump's fault, he just assumed records were being kept normally and said nothing otherwise."

Good. That's the perfect response.

"What?"

Yeah, now it's time to find who was working the WH switchboard that day and drag them all to court. I'm faaaaaaaaaaaairly sure they'll remember that day. Just put them all on the stand, and have each and every single one of them discuss the day of Jan 6th. Trump just accused them of the serious crime of destroying WH records. It's time we get to the bottom of this, and have literally every single member of the WH communications team testify under oath.

You're telling me that Trump, the guy who proclaims to know more about everything than anyone, doesn't know what a burner phone is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    You're telling me that Trump, the guy who proclaims to know more about everything than anyone, doesn't know what a burner phone is?
    Well I'm not. But yes, we've seen some curious gaps in Trump's knowledge and memory over the years, haven't we?

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/6...op-frustration

McCarthy will have a very serious talking to with Cawthorn over his comments about all the orgies he's been invited to and all the members of Congress he's seen do cocaine in front of him. Oh, and maybe because he called Zelensky a thug and was featured on Russian TV for the next few days.

As with all his chats with Greene and others, I expect absolutely nothing to come of this. Because Kevin McCarthy doesn't have a spine, just a stack of Ritz Crackers surgically embedded in his soft tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Well I'm not. But yes, we've seen some curious gaps in Trump's knowledge and memory over the years, haven't we?
    I don't recall.

/s

https://apnews.com/article/nebraska-...78b58641c4a75e

Republicans are very sorry they keep sharing debunked rumors about furries at school getting litterboxes.

They have a weird fixation on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    I don't recall.

/s
    Who do you think you are, Alberto Gonzales? Or Jeff Sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Republicans are very sorry they keep sharing debunked rumors about furries at school getting litterboxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Who do you think you are, Alberto Gonzales? Or Jeff Sessions?
    Unfortunately I'd never get away with not recalling things when I testify.

Where would the GQP be without their conspiracy theories? They might have to legislate about things that are actually happening.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...florida-course

Hahaha this is so pathetic.

Trump-simp Tim Swain, running for Senate in South Carolina, praised Trump for shooting a "hole-in-one" over the weekend. Naturally, nobody believed this, but whatever.

What's Trump spending his time doing? Well, actually, he's confirming that yes, it's "100% true" that he shot a hole-in-one in front of a bunch of golf pros! And in a strong wind! And the ball bounced! And there was sand in his eyes! And he broke his hip! And he sneezed! But he still got the hole-in-one!

Seriously, someone give this man a participation trophy.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...florida-course

Hahaha this is so pathetic.

Trump-simp Tim Swain, running for Senate in South Carolina, praised Trump for shooting a "hole-in-one" over the weekend. Naturally, nobody believed this, but whatever.

What's Trump spending his time doing? Well, actually, he's confirming that yes, it's "100% true" that he shot a hole-in-one in front of a bunch of golf pros! And in a strong wind! And the ball bounced! And there was sand in his eyes! And he broke his hip! And he sneezed! But he still got the hole-in-one!

Does he name these pros, or just "some people"?

Just for DilDon.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. I know just what to wrap it in.

NY AG James threatens Trump because he refuses to comply with legal court proceedings.

New York Attorney General Letitia James continued a pressure campaign Monday night against Donald Trump and his years-long failure to turn over personal business documents to her probe of the Trump Organization.

In a new appeals brief, her office demanded again that he, Ivanka Trump, and Donald Trump, Jr. all sit for depositions in the probe.

But the filing singles out the former president, saying the AG's office has recieved hundreds of thousands of documents relating to Trump's real estate business — but "only a handful" from Trump's own files.

That lack of words on paper only makes his spoken testimony more vital, James argues in Monday night's filing with an appellate court in Manhattan — the latest volley in the AG's three year probe into The Trump Organization.
    Oh no! Trump's legal move of not providing information backfired. Who would have guessed Trump would lose in court?

Anyway:

At a Manhattan Supreme Court hearing earlier Monday, lawyers for James had also decried the lack of personal paperwork from Trump.

Out of some 900,000 documents turned over to James office by the Trump Organization so far, only 10 came from the former president's personal or "custodial" files, a lawyer from James' office revealed at the hearing.

"Mr. Trump regularly reviewed printed material and communicated with employees via sticky notes," Monday night's filing said, referencing a prior deposition by Trump Organization general counsel Alan Garten.

"Mr. Trump's assistants maintained his files in cabinets in the Trump Organization's offices," the filing continued.

"To date, the Trump Organization appears not to have searched these files to any meaningful degree despite OAG's subpoenaing these documents," Monday night's filing complains.
    So yeah, first of all, Trump is likely going to have to sit on the stand for this. No judge will buy that Trump's own personal records are 10/900,000ths of Trump Org's work. Second of all, if he doesn't comply soon, NY will just have to raid his...everything. There's currently legitimate reason to say Trump could keep his records at home, considering she said "give me what you have at the office" and they gave her 10 pages. I have ten pages worth of stuff on Trump.

Trump doesn't want to testify, with good reason. If he testifies, anything he says is criminally admissible. If he takes the 5th, the civil case has no such restriction. Taking the 5th in a civil case is...you know what, maybe this calls for an expert. Hey @cubby if someone in a civil case/lawsuit answers with "I take the Fifth" what do juries usually think?

P.S. Trump announced this supposed hole-in-one on his usual "from the Office of the Yuge Bigliest" fake-ass South White House email. Because he thought it was that important to go out to that mailing list. Granted, what else can he say? I watched more FOX News and yelled at the TV? I still think Putin's smart and strong? I got subpeona'd again today?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Sure. I know just what to wrap it in.

NY AG James threatens Trump because he refuses to comply with legal court proceedings.

Oh no! Trump's legal move of not providing information backfired. Who would have guessed Trump would lose in court?

Anyway:

So yeah, first of all, Trump is likely going to have to sit on the stand for this. No judge will buy that Trump's own personal records are 10/900,000ths of Trump Org's work. Second of all, if he doesn't comply soon, NY will just have to raid his...everything. There's currently legitimate reason to say Trump could keep his records at home, considering she said "give me what you have at the office" and they gave her 10 pages. I have ten pages worth of stuff on Trump.

Trump doesn't want to testify, with good reason. If he testifies, anything he says is criminally admissible. If he takes the 5th, the civil case has no such restriction. Taking the 5th in a civil case is...you know what, maybe this calls for an expert. Hey @cubby if someone in a civil case/lawsuit answers with "I take the Fifth" what do juries usually think?

P.S. Trump announced this supposed hole-in-one on his usual "from the Office of the Yuge Bigliest" fake-ass South White House email. Because he thought it was that important to go out to that mailing list. Granted, what else can he say? I watched more FOX News and yelled at the TV? I still think Putin's smart and strong? I got subpeona'd again today?
    Trump is getting deeper and deeper into the fray here - his remaining outs are few and far between. We will now more than likely see him on the stand for at least one item, and given his word salad answers to anything, he'll only get into more trouble.

This whole process is taking a LONG time. And the failure of the Manhattan DA to move forward with criminal charges is disheartening - who knows what threats the DA received after his election.

Extremely doubtful, but I'll call it a win as long as it makes him squirm.
    Really? As I stated in other thread, many coups thru history fail the first time and the offender gets a slap on the rest. The second time? Well, it has a pretty good success rate.

This keep failing attitude is crushing to me. Trump was one of the most lazy and incompetent people ever, but never underestimate anyone and he got close. His next successor or him may get it right, cause with our two party system, the Republicans would let him walk right in.

In fact I can't wait for Trump's 2nd term. I really, really want to see after his 2nd term and watch if he thinks a 3rd, 4th or maybe putting Ivanka next in line should be the plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Trump is getting deeper and deeper into the fray here - his remaining outs are few and far between. We will now more than likely see him on the stand for at least one item, and given his word salad answers to anything, he'll only get into more trouble.

This whole process is taking a LONG time. And the failure of the Manhattan DA to move forward with criminal charges is disheartening - who knows what threats the DA received after his election.
    Again, I hope but in the other thread I stated, I'm crushed with the Manhattan DA. The Dems or while its not suppose to be political, the NY DA better not be passive and let this slide. This seems to so far has happened to Garland and as mention the Manhattan DA.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.tennessean.com/story/new...te/7199662001/

A bill to place residency requirements on Tennessee congressional candidates cleared its final hurdle in the General Assembly on Monday as both chambers agreed to allow the requirements to take effect immediately upon signing.

The House and Senate had previously passed competing versions of the bill, which implicitly targeted the candidacy of Morgan Ortagus, whose bid for the 5th Congressional District in the Republican primary could be deemed ineligible if the bill is signed into law.

The bill requires eligible candidates to live in the state and district they seek to represent for at least three years prior to the election

The residency requirement bill bubbled up in the General Assembly shortly after Ortagus bagged an early endorsement from former President Donald Trump, who praised the Fox News commentator for her work at the State Department during his administration.

The endorsement ruffled feathers in some national Republican circles, Politico reported, in addition to some in Tennessee, where Ortagus had relatively little name recognition and no political track record.

Ortagus relocated from Washington D.C. to Nashville in 2021, announcing her candidacy shortly after an aggressive redistricting push earlier this year divided Nashville and pushed current U.S. Rep. Jim Cooper, D-Nashville, to announce he would not seek reelection.

Under the redrawn map, Ortagus did not initially live in the new-look 5th district, according to public records that connected her to a Nashville apartment in the Germantown neighborhood. Paperwork maintained by the Tennessee of Secretary of State shows Ortagus pulled a petition to run under a different address, which is in the 5th District.
    Womp womp, election tourism is lame.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/andrew...-governor-race

She “made a promise to me on the first day, right? My wife was sleeping, and I’m holding her [my daughter] in my arms. And I get emotional thinking about it, but she made a promise with me. She shook my hand and I said, ‘I’m the only boyfriend till you’re 25 years old, shake hands.’

“Shook my hand. So I have changed the diapers. I have looked under the hood. She’s a woman. I’m gonna be the last guy in a long time that looks under the hood right there. But guess what? She was born a woman and she’s gonna stay a woman, it’s that simple.”
    Isn't Andrew Giuliani a lawyer? Doesn't he know that handshake verbal contracts don't stand up, and that you can't make a contract with a literal baby?

The Giuliani's are a really, really weird bunch.

handshake verbal contracts don't stand up
    Depends what the contract is about and where the contract is made. They can absolutely be binding in some circumstances (though not a creepy one with a baby where it's being extorted for food to not have sexual relations with anyone but the baby's father).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Depends what the contract is about and where the contract is made. They can absolutely be binding in some circumstances (though not a creepy one with a baby where it's being extorted for food to not have sexual relations with anyone but the baby's father).
    If you have proof of the deal, sure. But that's the nature of verbal handshake deals, without something in writing or on camera, it's a "he-said-she-said" case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't we just agree that this was super-creepy and just move on without further dissection?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Can't we just agree that this was super-creepy and just move on without further dissection?
    No. I need to know more about Andrew Giuliani looking at his daughters private parts to confirm her sex, and what other verbal contract's he's made with a literal baby.

10+ Year Old Account

Which GOP member of congress do you think likes to dress up in a fursuit and piss in a litterbox? Since it's always 100% projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Which GOP member of congress do you think likes to dress up in a fursuit and piss in a litterbox? Since it's always 100% projection.
    All of them?
    Wat? Was this a trick question?