Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The funny part is if they go through with this it just costs the state more money as they'd have to have police and fire coverage for an area that currently provides its own.
    Yeah, the Orange County Commissioner was freaking the fuck out about that until their lawyers told them that the government probably can't actually do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

So no backsies? Not really all that familiar with Florida special district system.

It does not appear that Disney will lose anything even if Reedy Creek is dissolved. Instead of paying tax to Reedy Creek, they will be paying Orange County. Orange County will be responsible for Reedy Creek employees (salaries + benefits), maintenance and upgrade of existing infrastructures (50+ year old infrastructure), accumulated debts (approx. 2B), and all current existing infrastructure projects & contracts. Sounds like a good deal. Good way to discharge a bunch of liabilities.

From a quickie research, it appears that dissolving Reedy Creek is actually good for Disney's bottom line. The reason Reedy Creek was established was because Disney wanted to build a city of the future. He wanted to have autonomy. Especially on issues like land use. That dream was abandoned a long time ago. Reedy Creek is currently an additional financial burden for Disney.

Yeah. DeSantis and Florida house may be doing Disney a favor.
    From what I was reading earlier it seems about the only downside for Disney is that they now have to apply for planning permission to build stuff whereas before they could just build whatever they wanted whenever

So how's that Trump wall coming you ask??

Well at least this guy can admit being a con

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...a77be3ed2460f5

A decorated U.S. Air Force veteran who helped lead a fundraising campaign to build former President Donald Trump's promised wall along the U.S.-Mexican border pleaded guilty on Thursday to conspiring to defraud donors.

Federal prosecutors in Manhattan said Brian Kolfage told prospective donors he would "not take a penny" as he raised more than $25 million for the "We Build the Wall" campaign, yet took more than $350,000 and spent money on a boat, a luxury SUV, a golf cart, jewelry and cosmetic surgery.

Kolfage, who also pleaded guilty to three tax charges, created the private campaign in December 2018, 14 years after losing his legs and right hand in a rocket attack in Iraq.

The Miramar Beach, Florida, resident had led the fundraising push alongside former Trump adviser Steve Bannon, who was also charged in August 2020.

Bannon's case was dismissed after Trump granted him a presidential pardon during the final hours of his presidency.

At a remote hearing on Thursday, Kolfage said he told potential donors that their money would be used exclusively to build a wall, but instead kept a large sum for himself and concealed it from authorities to avoid paying taxes.

"I knew what I was doing was wrong and a crime," Kolfage told U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres.

A co-defendant, Andrew Badolato, also pleaded guilty to wire fraud conspiracy on Thursday.

Kolfage could face 4-1/4 to 5-1/4 years in prison under recommended federal guidelines, while Badolato faces 41 to 51 months. Sentencings for both were scheduled for September.

The final defendant, Timothy Shea, has pleaded not guilty. His lawyer said this month that Shea would exercise "his constitutional right to a fair trial."

In a separate case, Bannon was charged in November with two counts of contempt of Congress for defying a subpoena issued by a committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters.

Bannon has pleaded not guilty to the misdemeanor counts.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    "I knew what I was doing was wrong and a crime," Kolfage told U.S. District Judge Analisa Torres.
    And "totally not bad faith conservatives pretending to be neutral an reasonable" wonder why we keep saying that Republicans are dishonest grifters by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    From what I was reading earlier it seems about the only downside for Disney is that they now have to apply for planning permission to build stuff whereas before they could just build whatever they wanted whenever
    Disney Development Services Department has higher standards than Florida anyway. I guarantee that if Surfside Condominiums had been built and maintained by Disney, it would still be standing now.

Disney even developed their own building codes. Referred to as EPCOT Building Codes. It has the reputation of being one of the most advanced in the world. Never worked with them directly. However, I have colleagues that had, and their inspectors had the reputation of being pretty strict. When the project specs say the slabs had to be constructed within 1/16th of an inch tolerance, they will make sure the contractor stick to that.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-04-21 at 11:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    Disney Development Services Department has higher standards than Florida anyway. I guarantee that if Surfside Condominiums had been built and maintained by Disney, it would still be standing now.

Disney even developed their own building codes. Referred to as EPCOT Building Codes. It has the reputation of being one of the most advanced in the world. Never worked with them directly. However, I have colleagues that had, and their inspectors had the reputation of being pretty strict. When the project specs say the slabs had to be constructed within 1/16th of an inch tolerance, they will make sure the contractor stick to that.
    Fun fact, rumor has it that Disney basically got screwed out of an entire rotating animatronic stage show in EPCOT because the contractors built the theater to the wrong dimensions. To this day the building sits empty. So I can see why they're so exacting.

...plus, all the bad press that were to come if an awning fell on a guest or a coaster derailed or somesuch.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Fun fact, rumor has it that Disney basically got screwed out of an entire rotating animatronic stage show in EPCOT because the contractors built the theater to the wrong dimensions. To this day the building sits empty. So I can see why they're so exacting.

...plus, all the bad press that were to come if an awning fell on a guest or a coaster derailed or somesuch.
    Florida contractors are super fucking terrible at their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Florida contractors are super fucking terrible at their jobs.
    And we know their building regulations and inspection standards are uh...not necessarily up to the task necessary given the environment in Florida. What with that one apartment building collapsing and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    And we know their building regulations and inspection standards are uh...not necessarily up to the task necessary given the environment in Florida. What with that one apartment building collapsing and all.
    And that bridge collapse too.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The amount of flat roofs and gulf facing windows is just amazing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

After that, I had to look up Disney Parks safety record.

List of incidents at Walt Disney World

Not bad. Some of them are pretty crazy. Like the woman that had concussion from getting dive bombed by a seagull.

Disney parks hold #1 through #4 for safest parks in the US.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2022-04-22 at 01:06 AM.

Disney/DeSantis now have their own thread. Please take it there, I don't expect Trump-related fuckery to dry up without it.

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    On a side note, Mike Lindell is trying to start his own Facebook clone, directly coming to you from the early 2010s. Right now, he is the most popular person on there with a whopping 308 followers. Not sure how his normal crowd will take dark mode on it because it has bright neon pink for verified letters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...fc3a65209bdf15
    It's called Frank?..........Why?

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    It's called Frank?..........Why?
    Being frank with someone means that you're telling the truth. "Frankly, lindell is still probably suffering from some mental decline from his past life choices."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Being frank with someone means that you're telling the truth. "Frankly, lindell is still probably suffering from some mental decline from his past life choices."
    I am aware of that synonym, but I doubt all 6 of his user base know that. A bunch of them will go "I use Frank. Do you use Frank? Wanna team up on Frank?" The connotation is far too transparent.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aware of that synonym, but I doubt all 6 of his user base know that.
    Damn, son! Someone brought fire to a pillow fight.

On topic: so earlier I posted that Trump's State Dept Spokesblonde just got lolkek'd off the TN ballot, on the grounds that "she doesn't really live in TN". Well, Georgia smelled blood in the water.

Earlier this week, Judge Amy Totenberg, an Obama appointee, ruled that a legal challenge against Greene’s candidacy by a group of Georgia voters could move forward. The decision did not involve Kemp.

The complaint, filed on behalf of the voters by Free Speech For People, Emery Celli Brinckerhoff Abady Ward & Maazel LLP and civil rights lawyer Bryan Sells, alleges that Greene “voluntarily aided and engaged in an insurrection to obstruct the peaceful transfer of presidential power,” which would disqualify her from serving in Congress under the 14th Amendment.

According to a section of the 14th Amendment, no lawmaker, among other requirements, “shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.”
    Unlike with...shit, I already forgot her name. Was it Frank? Doesn't matter. Unlike the previous post, this isn't the RNC following its own set of rules. This is an actual court challenge.

"Does Trump know about this?"

The Governor of Georgia, Brian Kemp, and Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger, perhaps in collusion with the Radical Left Democrats, have allowed a horrible thing to happen to a very popular Republican, Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene. She is now going through hell in their attempt to unseat her, just more of an election mess in Georgia
    -- Trump

"He posted that on his social media platform?"

Fuck, no. Hey @Dontrike wanna take a swing at them too?

"I had no idea Gov. Kemp was part of this court battle!"

That's because he isn't. Trump has, and yes we've seen this before, gone full dictator. The point of courts is they are part of the checks and balances of the legal system. Mayors, governors, and Presidents don't decide the results of court cases. At best, when they're the plaintiff or defendant they can bow out, but Kemp is neither here. Trump is making it sound like Kemp could crack down on this -- and he's wrong. Or, lying.

"Did Trump forget that he defended his own collusion with Russia for years, when he suggested Kemp was colluding?"

He must have. Oh well, say it with me everyone, collusion is not a crime. Not that it matters -- again, Kemp is doing nothing and it'd be unConstitutional if he did.

"Well at least he didn't use a derogatory nickname."

Um..

Brian Kemp will never be able to win the General Election against Stacey ‘The Hoax’ Abrams
    "Still pushing election fraud as far as an interview a couple days ago, and calling someone else a hoax?"

Yes.

"Did he find any evidence yet?"

Fuck, no.

I think this is a YouTube live of Greene testifying in this very matter but my guess is it'll be over by the time most of y'all click it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is anyone shocked?
    Um...was that a secret? I thought he just flat-out told everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am aware of that synonym, but I doubt all 6 of his user base know that. A bunch of them will go "I use Frank. Do you use Frank? Wanna team up on Frank?" The connotation is far too transparent.
    *childish giggle* Yeah, Tom, Bob, Ron, and I were all on Frank last night for a few hours. We got a lot done on Frank. We each took turns, unloading what we had to until we got everything out. I can't speak for the others, but I feel a lot better after last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    McCarthy denying he said he was going to call Trump and ask him to resign before Maddow playing the audio of him saying exactly that was beautiful. Republicans eating each other alive leading up to the mid-terms.
    Apparently there are more tapes as well:
    "We have a lot more on tape from this period ... it is sensitive, it is delicate, and we have it all on tape," New York Times reporter Jonathan Martin says. "It's going to tell a very different story about this period than the story that many people are trying to tell right now."

10+ Year Old Account
    Happy Friday. Trump fandom meets Rapper Poseur for all new lows... get this guy his own special admin district Florida!

The ‘Mayor of MAGAville’ Is a White Rapper Named Forgiato Blow
    He rapped about guns and women without any success. But a pivot toward Donald Trump has put Kurt Jantz at the heart of MAGA politics.

man, a thing that i find consistently hilarious is just how awful all MAGA art is. unbelievably, cartoonishly bad.
    His Rolls-Royce is painted cotton-candy pink and neon blue. It’s covered in drawings of dollar bills, Bitcoins, piggy banks—and Richie Rich. On the hood are the words “Trump’s Nephew.”

Thinking back to Jojo Rabbit. The NAzis were literally cartoonish in their devotion to weird aesthetics and Germanic myths.