Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    How many times are they going to have to sue Trump for breaking contract? Over/under has to be 80.
    This could potentially give Trump an easy out of his recent boast about taking on Disney+, Hulu, and Amazon by claiming something along the lines of “the media is so corrupted by the radical left that they infiltrated Truth Social and tried to force me into a contract to limit my free speech.” Yeah it would throw all of the people that are helping him with the platform under the bus, but Trump has never shied away from doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    DWAC is making Trump sign a contract that will prevent him from posting on any other social media, unless he posts on CyberTrump 2077 six hours first.
    Damn, timed exclusivity deal. Come to our platform for the latest hot-takes, or get the time-delayed Twitter version.

Someone will just create a bot to repost everything immediately anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Someone will just create a bot to repost everything immediately anyways.
    Heh, Trump's Twitter numbers dropping because of Trump. I love the irony.

So what appears to be the Republican strategy to win back the House, at least?

Is it lowering taxes?
    Ending inflation?
    More jobs?
    Spending cuts?
    Protecting peoples rights?

Well...not really any of that. Apparently they're all huge fans of women's sports!

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/hou...-womens-sports

House Republicans will make protecting women’s sports a "priority" should they take back the lower chamber after the 2022 midterms, Fox News Digital has learned.

The Republican Study Committee (RSC) is pushing to bring the Protection of Women and Girls in Sports Act, led by Rep. Greg Steube, R-Fla., to the House floor via a discharge petition.

A senior GOP aide told Fox News Digital that "protecting women's sports will be a priority of a Republican majority."
    Not sure how this compares to things like, "Being able to find affordable housing." or "Being able to keep their family fed." or "Being overwhelmed by debts they can't pay off and can't find better paying jobs." or any other actual problems that the average American faces.

I'd challenge most to name any women's sports that they watch regularly, and speak with the same kind of passion that usually accompanies fans deep emotional attachment to their favorite teams/players.

10+ Year Old Account

Is it lowering taxes?
    Ending inflation?
    More jobs?
    Spending cuts?

Well...not really any of that. Apparently they're all huge fans of women's sports!

Not sure how this compares to things like, "Being able to find affordable housing." or "Being able to keep their family fed." or "Being overwhelmed by debts they can't pay off and can't find better paying jobs." or any other actual problems that the average American faces.

I'd challenge most to name any women's sports that they watch regularly, and speak with the same kind of passion that usually accompanies fans deep emotional attachment to their favorite teams/players.
    I'm guessing this is their attempt at trying to shut down people telling they hate women, because of the whole abortion debacle? And going against trans people at the same time, which is what "protecting women's sports" means, I bet. Well, aren't they versatile.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm guessing this is their attempt at trying to shut down people telling they hate women, because of the whole abortion debacle? And going against trans people at the same time, which is what "protecting women's sports" means, I bet. Well, aren't they versatile.
    Sorta kinda, but not as a response to "hating women" or anything about abortion (at least not directly). It's the perpetuation of their very effective culture-war attacks on trans people existing.

Hmf..the GOP can't have much of a platform. They'd have to put forth details.

10+ Year Old Account

For the cheap seats again; this rhetoric by Republicans is as directly dishonest as the "pro-life" rhetoric is, where they stop giving even a single shit about the "human life" once it's actually born and actually a person.

These bills are an assault on women, and women's sports, to push bigoted transphobic horseshit because they feel they should be entitled to abuse and oppress transgender people. It's just another car hitched to the bigoted hate-train of policies Republicans exclusively stand for these days, and it has no purpose other than the infliction of cruelty upon innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Hmf..the GOP can't have much of a platform. They'd have to put forth details.
    The senate minority leader chastised the last GOP senator who released a plan. They deliberately do not have a platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    For the cheap seats again; this rhetoric by Republicans is as directly dishonest as the "pro-life" rhetoric is, where they stop giving even a single shit about the "human life" once it's actually born and actually a person.

These bills are an assault on women, and women's sports, to push bigoted transphobic horseshit because they feel they should be entitled to abuse and oppress transgender people. It's just another car hitched to the bigoted hate-train of policies Republicans exclusively stand for these days, and it has no purpose other than the infliction of cruelty upon innocent people.
    I'll be honest, whilst this is obviously part of the overarching culture war agenda where the harm is massively overblown, the Left is at some point going to have to have a real conversation as to the very obvious advantages anyone transitioning from Male to Female is going to have over a Female field.

It's fucking insane that it's even controversial to point this out.

I sit here braced for your rain of italics Endus.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    the left it at some point going to have to have a real conversation as to the very obvious advantages anyone transitioning from Male to Female is going to have over a Female field.
    Like, in sports?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/17/dr-...-bed-with-him/

Oz: When you go to bed at night, put your head on that soft pillow, you’ll know Oz will be doing exactly what you want him to do if you were there next to him
    Dr Oz, asking people to imagine themselves in bed with him for some reason while making his closing pitch as a totally not uber-wealthy, out of touch elite who spent a lifetime as a TV entertainer and jetsetter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be honest, whilst this is obviously part of the overarching culture war agenda where the harm is massively overblown, the Left is at some point going to have to have a real conversation as to the very obvious advantages anyone transitioning from Male to Female is going to have over a Female field.

Elite athletes always have physical advantages over the average individual. That's how they get to be elite athletes.

Are we gonna take Michael Phelps' medals away because he's got an "unfair advantage" over his competitors? How about Usain Bolt? Or is this whole fucking argument just an excuse to marginalize and abuse transgender people, where the infliction of that cruelty is the only actual point?

Sport like this is inherently "unfair". It's intended to let competitors exceed other competitors through skill and natural advantage.

Take your fearmongering transphobia and stuff it back where it came from, thanks. The only motive for this shit is kicking transgender people for daring to be part of society.

I'll note the one big case on this issue in the USA was when a girl sued her school for letting two transgender girls on her track team, and that girl (Chelsea Mitchell) beat one of the girls she was trying to block in a later race; https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-case/2223944/

So much for the "unfair advantage".

This whole shit is exactly as bigoted as when they tried to keep sports leagues segregated out of fear that black athletes had "physical advantages" that were unfair to white competitors. Exact same kind of bigotry.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-05-17 at 05:30 PM.

Elite athletes always have physical advantages over the average individual. That's how they get to be elite athletes.

Are we gonna take Michael Phelps' medals away because he's got an "unfair advantage" over his competitors? How about Usain Bolt? Or is this whole fucking argument just an excuse to marginalize and abuse transgender people, where the infliction of that cruelty is the only actual point?

Sport like this is inherently "unfair". It's intended to let competitors exceed other competitors through skill and natural advantage.

Take your fearmongering transphobia and stuff it back where it came from, thanks. The only motive for this shit is kicking transgender people for daring to be part of society.
    It's also segregated by Sex. Maybe you should ask massive TERF Serena Williams on how she feels about desegregating Tennis.

When you can convince Elite Female Athletes that they really want to compete in mixed fields without just yelling "TERF!!" at them then I'll be all for it.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/te...t-andy-murray/

Your argument about genetic advantages are asinine, sorry hun.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also segregated by Sex. Maybe you should ask massive TERF Serena Williams on how she feels about desegregating Tennis.

When you can convince Elite Female Athletes that they really want to compete in mixed fields without just yelling "TERF!!" at them then I'll be all for it.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/te...t-andy-murray/
    Any more straw men you'd like to make up as deflection? Where the fuck is this "TERF" bullshit coming from?

Edit: This isn't even new bullshit. The same bullshit came up regarding Renee Richards back in the 1970s, and it was bullshit then, as competitors like Billie Jean King openly stated at the time; https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33062241
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-05-17 at 05:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Is it lowering taxes?
    Ending inflation?
    More jobs?
    Spending cuts?

Pretty sure that's the "circus" part of "bread and circuses" with a slight dose of misogyny by gratifying themselves while watching women in sporty outfits.

Any more straw men you'd like to make up as deflection? Where the fuck is this "TERF" bullshit coming from?

Edit: This isn't even new bullshit. The same bullshit came up regarding Renee Richards back in the 1970s, and it was bullshit then, as competitors like Billie Jean King openly stated at the time; https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33062241
    What's the straw man exactly? That elite female athletes don't want to compete in mixed fields? That some sports or athletes only exist because of segregation?

Maybe you might need to reflect on your takes here Endus because you got nothing so far beyond screaming into the wind that everyone who wants to take part in Female Sports is somehow a tranaphobe.

It's also segregated by Sex.
    Again, are we acting like women's sports is an animating national issue that's deeply important to every day Americans?

This isn't to shit on women's sports by any measure, but just a simple question on if this is more important than say...economic issues and people being able to afford a place to live and put food on the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the straw man exactly? That elite female athletes don't want to compete in mixed fields? That some sports or athletes only exist because of segregation?
    That anything Serena Williams said had anything to do with transgender competitors.

Maybe you might need to reflect on your takes here Endus because you got nothing so far beyond screaming into the wind that everyone who wants to take part in Female Sports is somehow a tranaphobe.
    No, just people seeking to exclude women from women's sports on the basis that they're transgender women.

Literally no different than trying to exclude women from women's sports because they're black women.

Same bullshit arguments about "unfair advantages" in both cases, which are utterly horseshit, again, in both cases.

10+ Year Old Account

I say, keep it simple. Make all sports co-ed. The best people will be chosen regardless of gender or sex.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I say, keep it simple. Make all sports co-ed. The best people will be chosen regardless of gender or sex.
    Especially since a surprising number of competitions are only segregated by gender because they were traditionally male-only, then they let women join, and then a woman won, so they segregated them.