Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Trump is the greatest biggly supporter of gun rights and your right to carry and protect yourself....

Trump CONFIRMS he will attend the NRA convention in Houston on Friday but attendees WON'T be able to bring in their guns

well until you go to see him that is. I wonder what he is afraid of
    I will say this is a little tricky. I read this too and its a mandate from the Secret Service and has been implemented before.

For anyone who reads this, trust me there is some hypocrisy here, but what can the Secret Service really do. For the most part states are fine with public open carry but limit when of in state buildings where politicians might get shot..

If you choose to look at link there are some crazy states like Mississippi and Missouri which quickly looking over let you carry anywhere. So honestly at least they are not hypocrites.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

https://www.advocate.com/politics/20...iral-video?amp

Republican lawmakers and being absolutely hated by your family, including your own children. Name a more dynamic duo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The NYTimes reports that someone told the Jan 6th panel, under oath, that when Meadows told Trump the crowd was chanting "hang Pence" Trump approved.

No, really.

Shortly after hundreds of rioters at the Capitol started chanting “Hang Mike Pence!” on Jan. 6, 2021, the White House chief of staff, Mark Meadows, left the dining room off the Oval Office, walked into his own office and told colleagues that President Donald J. Trump was complaining that the vice president was being whisked to safety.

Mr. Meadows, according to an account provided to the House committee investigating Jan. 6, then told the colleagues that Mr. Trump had said something to the effect of, maybe Mr. Pence should be hanged.

It is not clear what tone Mr. Trump was said to have used. But the reported remark was further evidence of how extreme the rupture between the president and his vice president had become, and of how Mr. Trump not only failed to take action to call off the rioters but appeared to identify with their sentiments about Mr. Pence — whom he had unsuccessfully pressured to block certification of the Electoral College results that day — as a reflection of his own frustration at being unable to reverse his loss.

The account of Mr. Trump’s comment was initially provided to the House committee by at least one witness, according to two people briefed on their work, as the panel develops a timeline of what the president was doing during the riot.
    Naturally Team Trump responded with "The Democrats have been caught lying over and over, also, THE ELECTION WAS RIGGED HANG PENCE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I will say this is a little tricky. I read this too and its a mandate from the Secret Service and has been implemented before.

For anyone who reads this, trust me there is some hypocrisy here, but what can the Secret Service really do. For the most part states are fine with public open carry but limit when of in state buildings where politicians might get shot..

If you choose to look at link there are some crazy states like Mississippi and Missouri which quickly looking over let you carry anywhere. So honestly at least they are not hypocrites.
    the ex president can turn down secret service details and demands
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    the ex president can turn down secret service details and demands
    Understood. Just wanted to make that point. So yea if Trump was a "real man" he could have told Secret Service he didn't need them in Texas.

Edit: Oh btw. I guess they are banning the whole convention and not when Trump is just visiting. So yeah, MAJOR hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2022-05-26 at 09:35 PM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump, who led a murderous insurrection, just called the Mueller investigation the biggest coup attempt in American history.

Incidentally, one difference between Trump's insurrection and the Mueller investigation, is that the Mueller investigation didn't kill seven people. Another is that nobody working for Mueller has pled guilty. Or was even arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Trump, who led a murderous insurrection, just called the Mueller investigation the biggest coup attempt in American history.

Incidentally, one difference between Trump's insurrection and the Mueller investigation, is that the Mueller investigation didn't kill seven people. Another is that nobody working for Mueller has pled guilty. Or was even arrested.
    You see that they released a secret "alternative" Mueller Report?

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...ublic-00035507
    https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...m_m_-_response

If anyone tells you that Russian collusion never happened or say "Russiagate", just tell them, that 2 Mueller reports and the Republican Led Senate Intel committee report details tons of connections between the Trump campaign and administration colluding to steal the 2016 election.

I really, really want to double up and post this in the "Elon Buys Twitter" thread.

MAJOR BREAKING NEWS: Former US President Donald Trump Takes Most Seditious Step Ever Taken By a US President, Appearing to Predict and/or Advocate a Second Civil War; Nation Waits for Condemnation From the RNC, NRCC, NRSC, House/Senate Minority Leaders or Anyone in GOP Leadership

If you choose to click link it shows Trump sharing the tweet.

This is sadly typical Trump almost a yawn from us. Yet, if Elon would think this is free speech for a person who is lead of one of the only political parties, unfortunately was President and tweeted sedation on Jan 6th. Oh and tried to de-legitimize an election for almost 3 months and beyond.

Just incredible watching our democracy let this person, who I stated above, has this much influence fan the flames.
    Elon is a complete turd whose insights are as interesting as mold. What do people see in him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Elon is a complete turd whose insights are as interesting as mold. What do people see in him?
    He has a shitload of money so shallow capitalist dickholes think he's won at life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    He has a shitload of money so shallow capitalist dickholes think he's won at life.
    He also smoked weed on Joe Rogan's show so he must be an amazing guy!
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Popularizing electric cars and developing reusable rockets was good.

He should have kept his mouth shut beyond that.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Popularizing electric cars and developing reusable rockets was good.

He should have kept his mouth shut beyond that.
    He probably would have been about $40 billion richer if he would have.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    He also smoked weed on Joe Rogan's show so he must be an amazing guy!
    The alt-right and anti-liberals do have a very low bar for being impressed. Hey that guy said something against the SJW's! He a geenius!

That is not the point. The point which again could be posted in the "Elon buys Twitter" thread is he might by a social media company that an Insurrectionist President loved using to incite the rebellion.

So if people think that Trump will change (where have we heard that before) if let back on Twitter is ridiculous. Trump would be emboldened, not that he needs it, but would go more vitriol on attacking people and basically trying to topple our government.

That is not the point. The point which again could be posted in the "Elon buys Twitter" thread is he might by a social media company that an Insurrectionist President loved using to incite the rebellion.

So if people think that Trump will change (where have we heard that before) if let back on Twitter is ridiculous. Trump would be emboldened, not that he needs it, but would go more vitriol on attacking people and basically trying to topple our government.
    I perfectly understood the point. Elon is a naive idiot, that is why he'd let tRump back on twitter. And not because he's some champion of free speech.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/micha...b07aa93892a648

Man, the Durham investigation is seeming more and more like a wet blanket.

That "big win" they had getting a lawyer for the Clinton campaign for lying to the FBI?

A lawyer for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign was acquitted Tuesday of lying to the FBI when he pushed information meant to cast suspicions on Donald Trump and Russia in the run-up to the 2016 election.
    Why?

Lawyers for Sussmann deny that he lied, saying that it was impossible to know with certainty what he told Baker since they were the only participants in the meeting and neither of them took notes.
    So the entire case was an FBI agent saying, "He lied to me." and the proof was, "Trust me, fam, I'm an FBI agent."

So we're what...4 years into the Durham investigation and he hasn't even pinched a single person yet? The Mueller investigation was more productive in a shorter period of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

That "big win" they had getting a lawyer for the Clinton campaign for lying to the FBI?

Why?

So the entire case was an FBI agent saying, "He lied to me." and the proof was, "Trust me, fam, I'm an FBI agent."

So we're what...4 years into the Durham investigation and he hasn't even pinched a single person yet? The Mueller investigation was more productive in a shorter period of time.
    When you manufacture evidence you get the people you want.

/s in case the link isn't enough of a hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Why?

Was scrolling through tiktok, and people are already making excuses for the acquittal. Lots are saying there was Clinton donors on the jury, some are saying they had ties to Sussman, and none of them have any idea what jury selection is like.

I was called into jury duty last year for a local case, both lawyers are the ones that pick the jury, and if they don't agree on you, you are dismissed. If you have any ties to anyone in the trial, you are dismissed before you are even called in.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Was scrolling through tiktok, and people are already making excuses for the acquittal. Lots are saying there was Clinton donors on the jury, some are saying they had ties to Sussman, and none of them have any idea what jury selection is like.

I was called into jury duty last year for a local case, both lawyers are the ones that pick the jury, and if they don't agree on you, you are dismissed. If you have any ties to anyone in the trial, you are dismissed before you are even called in.
    Yeah, conservatives are mainlining copium extremely hard with this. Durham was supposed to be the REAL DEAL and would TAKE DOWN THE DEEP STATE!

Yes multiple "bombshells" and nontroversies later, he still doesn't even have a single conviction to his name.

Meanwhile, in the two years of the Mueller investigation (i.e. less time than Durham has taken), there were eight guilty pleas/verdicts. Sure those weren't all related to the Trump/Russia investigation, but this wasn't related to Durham's core investigation either, really.

And he got all these without his case against them being, "Come on bro, just trust me." kek

Yeah, conservatives are mainlining copium extremely hard with this. Durham was supposed to be the REAL DEAL and would TAKE DOWN THE DEEP STATE!

Yes multiple "bombshells" and nontroversies later, he still doesn't even have a single conviction to his name.

Meanwhile, in the two years of the Mueller investigation (i.e. less time than Durham has taken), there were eight guilty pleas/verdicts. Sure those weren't all related to the Trump/Russia investigation, but this wasn't related to Durham's core investigation either, really.

And he got all these without his case against them being, "Come on bro, just trust me." kek
    Don't forget, that the Mueller investigation also paid for itself too. Thanks to all of the seized money and items from Manafort.