10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    A habitual liar with anger issues and dissociative identity disorder, potentially inflicted from head trauma during impact sports, who has had a restraining order due to domestic violence reports doesn't seem like the best candidate.
    And somehow he'll defeat Warnock in the election because fuck this timeline.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Elon Musk holds AMA with Twitter employees. DWAC stock price immediately falls four percent. Remains sub-30 for second day.

CyberTrump 2077 is now surrounded by significant opposition. One, Musk actually seems serious about buying Twitter. He might not be serious, but he's acting serious. And this could all be SpaceX and mirrors to renegotiate his opening offer to a lower one. Two, the SEC investigation into what sure looks like an illegal deal. Even if no penalties are assessed, the DWAC purchase could be forced out, and I doubt anyone else will rush in to pick it up. Three, Trump is getting a lot of negative press due to the very public Jan 6th hearings on the murderous insurrection. Which of course means Trump is mad about being held responsible for all that stuff he did, and needs to vent about it because he's a sociopath narcissist. And CyberTrump 2077 still has the population of a flyover state truck stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    *tsk tsk tsk* Oh Edge- Edge- Edge- ...I'm disappointed. See me after class.
    I misread as "second secret kid" vs. "two more secret children"

Seriously, why are the people who complain the loudest about amorality and shit always so guilty of everything they complain about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Seriously, why are the people who complain the loudest about amorality and shit always so guilty of everything they complain about?
    Psychological projection.

10+ Year Old Account
    I misread as "second secret kid" vs. "two more secret children"
    I mean, when you lie as much as Herschel Walker, people trying to follow logically are going to get confused.

I'm also going to add "I didn't lie, I just told Trump and nobody else" to the list of Dumbest Things Said By A Human. Walker claims he told the WH back in 2018. Maybe Trump should have mentioned it, maybe the disclosure should have been public. Doesn't matter anymore, that was four years ago. If you're hiding behind "I wasn't using them as props" the question this immediately raises is "if you love your kids, how come the only person who knew about them was Trump?" I'm an anonymous asshole on an anonymous forum and I've mentioned my niece repeatedly. What's his excuse? I mean, other than "he's lying because he's ashamed"?

Sounds like Herschel Walker has been setting up franchises…
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hershel Walker announces another secret child!
    So he's still like 1 behind Arnold Schwarzenegger, and like 4 behind Clint Eastwood.

Quick, I need to laydown money on the odds of Hershel also losing a future debate to a chair.

Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    if people at large were so assured, the fear of Trump being re-elected wouldn't be there.
    *sigh*

I hate explaining the obvious but here we go.

The fear isn't that Trump is this shining beacon of popularity that is going to win the next election. The fear is that the GOP is going to ratfuck enough of the electoral process to get Trump back in office.

Trump is a deeply unpopular man who has very little to show from his presidency who lost his last election in disgrace and has spent the last two years throwing a giant temper tantrum.

He can't win again by his own merits.

Unfortunately the GOP has spent the last six year packing courts, destroying voter access to democratic leaning groups (minorities), and gotten people so caught up in their mass delusion that we now have GOP officials refusing to certify elections. This is what people are worried about enabling Trump to get back into office. And if that happens we're likely quite screwed.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Quick, I need to laydown money on the odds of Hershel also losing a future debate to a chair.
    This was the most bizarrely funny thing in modern politics until the landscaping news conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    This was the most bizarrely funny thing in modern politics until the landscaping news conference.
    Don’t forget Herman Cain quoting “the Pokémon movie.” (It was actually the second one, but whatever )
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Don’t forget Herman Cain quoting “the Pokémon movie.” (It was actually the second one, but whatever )
    A poet*

Though he later did saltily admit it in his concession speech -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    *sigh*

I hate explaining the obvious but here we go.

The fear isn't that Trump is this shining beacon of popularity that is going to win the next election. The fear is that the GOP is going to ratfuck enough of the electoral process to get Trump back in office.

Trump is a deeply unpopular man who has very little to show from his presidency who lost his last election in disgrace and has spent the last two years throwing a giant temper tantrum.

He can't win again by his own merits.

Unfortunately the GOP has spent the last six year packing courts, destroying voter access to democratic leaning groups (minorities), and gotten people so caught up in their mass delusion that we now have GOP officials refusing to certify elections. This is what people are worried about enabling Trump to get back into office. And if that happens we're likely quite screwed.
    if trump gets back into office, he's going to turn America into a dictatorship where the insurrection failed.

i thought knowing this, there would be measures or *something* to ensure he can never run for anything again. but evidently, the guy is untouchable.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/16/gop-...-children.html

Herschel Walker admits to a second secret child . The man talks a great game about kids needing to have stable families, but he doesn't seem to actually believe that.
    It's up to 3 now.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It's up to 3 now.
    Yeah, I misread it as a "second" secret child vs. two more secret children.

I'm just wondering how many more secret children he's abandoned and had to be taken to court over child support payments for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eastman has effectively admitted criminal fault in his role in the Jan 6th insurrection.

"Shame on you! Just because he took the 5th over 100 times doesn't mean he's guilty. Innocent people plead the 5th all the time. Just ask Trump."

No, that's not it. I mean, that's bullshit, but still not what I meant. He asked for a pardon after Jan 6th.

I've decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works
    -- Eastman, in an email to Giuliani a few days after the murderous insurrection he pushed Trump to lead

"Um...that would have been a convenience pardon. He wasn't admiting guilt, he just didn't want to face consequences should liberal judges find him guilty, including SCOTUS led by Ginni Thomas."

Okay, even at this stage, maaaaaaaaaaaaybe I'd accept you at least had a point, even if I disagreed.

*ahem*

But.

Eastman repeatedly acknowledged that his proposal for former Vice President Mike Pence to unilaterally reject electors lacked a legal basis.

He emailed associates the plan was "dead on arrival" days after state legislatures refused to certify alternate slates of Trump electors.

Former Pence counsel Greg Jacob testified Thursday that Eastman said former Vice President Al Gore didn't have had that power in 2000 and that Vice President Kamala Harris won't have it in 2024.

Former Pence chief of staff Marc Short said in closed-door testimony, played at the hearing, that Eastman told him on Jan. 4 that the proposal violated the Electoral Count Act.

Eastman also emailed Jacob the night of Jan. 6, after the Capitol riot, asking him to "consider one more relatively minor violation" of the ECA.

These actions opened Eastman up to criminal liability, according to Judge David Carter, who wrote in March that Trump and Eastman's efforts were a "coup in search of a legal theory."
    By the way, if you're wondering what a minor violation of the Electoral Count Act is, you're not alone. I'd never heard of it, but I know full well anything about federal elections written in 1887 was taken seriously. I read it twice but speak as much legal-ese as I speak Klingon, and I can say that nothing in the ECA involves a duel to the death or eating food raw. However, near as I can tell, it lays out a narrow list of times Congress can throw out perfectly good votes, and "because the loser said so" isn't on the list.

In my research with limited success, I did see the name batted around when people were declaring themselves fake electors, but they were being looked at for false documents which is fraud.

This extensive NYTimes piece is from late March after a judge ruled. I know I normally quote those (I pay wall so you don't have to) but I'll TL:DR it. Eastman was ordered to turn over emails, and that above quote is almost certainly one of them.

So in the end, I gave up -- I could not find what penalties the ECA had. I suspect -- and someone please correct me in the very likely chance I'm wrong -- that the ECA doesn't so much have penalties, but just restricts the actions allowed by people involved in the election. Someone trying to bypass those restrictions would be breaking some other law, like fraud. That said, if organizing a massive conspiracy to throw out perfectly good votes just because you lost isn't at least a felony, then I don't know what should be.

Ok, this could belong in 2 threads but since it is about Trump himself, I'll put it here. Question is, doesn't he have his own social media network where he can post whatever he wants and get as much airtime as he wants.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...79c9d3b2ec522e

Donald Trump is raging on Truth Social and demanding 'equal time' on national TV amid the January 6 committee's primetime hearings

Former President Donald Trump raged on Truth Social on Thursday, demanding equal airtime on national TV amid the January 6 committee's primetime hearings.

Trump made a post on his social media platform hours before the committee's third hearing on Thursday, claiming that the lack of airtime was unfair to him.

"The Fake News Networks are perpetuating lies, falsehoods, and Russia, Russia, Russia type disinformation (same sick people, here we go again!) by allowing the low rated but nevertheless one sided and slanderous Unselect Committee hearings to go endlessly and aimlessly on (and on and on!)," Trump wrote.

"It is a one sided, highly partisan Witch Hunt, the likes of which has never been seen in Congress before. Therefore, I am hereby demanding EQUAL TIME to spell out the massive Voter Fraud & Dem Security Breach!" Trump added, once again parroting his own groundless claims of voter fraud.

The former president then followed up with another post, this time in all caps, reading: "I DEMAND EQUAL TIME!!!"

This week, Trump released a 12-page statement bashing the January 6 investigation. In that statement, he claimed without substantiation that the January 6 panel investigating the riot was out to stop him from running for president again in 2024.

Many US television networks have been airing the January 6 hearings during primetime slots. The committee held the third of its six public hearings on Thursday afternoon, outlining how the Trump camp pressured former Vice President Mike Pence to overturn the election.

If the little shit wants to be on air so bad, maybe he should go testify.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    Ok, this could belong in 2 threads but since it is about Trump himself, I'll put it here. Question is, doesn't he have his own social media network where he can post whatever he wants and get as much airtime as he wants.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...79c9d3b2ec522e
    He's free to come testify under oath if he wants airtime

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    doesn't he have his own social media network where he can post whatever he wants and get as much airtime as he wants.
    It wouldn't matter if he did, nobody would watch it. MSNBC is cleaning up in the ratings.

Trump brags that his speech along the National Mall outdrew (or so he says) MLK's "I have a dream" speech

Vid in link.

Trump claims this is his July 4th speech. I powered thru this to see if it was even Trump with his bad humor, but know he was being his egomaniacal, narcissistic self.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!