10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm fuckin here for the Elon vs. Trump on Twitter vs. Truth feud. LET'S. FREAKIN. GO.
    ...why? Both versions are a one-sided stompfest.

1) Musk offered $44 billion to buy Twitter. CyberTrump 2077 is the target of DWAC, which near as I care to check, has 30 million shares at their peak worth almost $100. Twitter is worth at least 14.66x more than CyberTrump 2077, and that's giving Trump every single possible penny of credit.

2) Musk lost money since offering to buy Twitter, and is currently worth about $210 billion. Trump claims to be worth over $10 billion.

Following Death Battle rules, Musk is easily the victor, being 14-21x richer. A more realistic matchup would use CyberTrump 2077's current value and Trump's most recent Forbes worth, and those ratios get far worse. Like, "Heroic Raid Boss hp vs raid's tank hp" worse.

Can a geared tank solo a Heroic Raid Boss? Maybe the top of the top can. But Trump doesn't have any hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    ...why? Both versions are a one-sided stompfest.

1) Musk offered $44 billion to buy Twitter. CyberTrump 2077 is the target of DWAC, which near as I care to check, has 30 million shares at their peak worth almost $100. Twitter is worth at least 14.66x more than CyberTrump 2077, and that's giving Trump every single possible penny of credit.

2) Musk lost money since offering to buy Twitter, and is currently worth about $210 billion. Trump claims to be worth over $10 billion.

Following Death Battle rules, Musk is easily the victor, being 14-21x richer. A more realistic matchup would use CyberTrump 2077's current value and Trump's most recent Forbes worth, and those ratios get far worse. Like, "Heroic Raid Boss hp vs raid's tank hp" worse.

Can a geared tank solo a Heroic Raid Boss? Maybe the top of the top can. But Trump doesn't have any hands.
    I would say it would be like a lvl 1 toon trying to fight a mythic raid boss.

Musk would be the victor in every metric possible. Musk could literally buy out the entirety of Trump's property and business portfolio and still have around 70% of his total net worth. Trump could possibly buy 2% of the total stock value of Tesla and then have nothing but Tesla stock. Also, Musk has one thing that Trump has never had, genuine success. Musk, as much of a vile douchebag he is, is changing the car market for good. While it would have went down the route of electric or alternate sources eventually other than gas, ethanol/gas mix and diesel, he sped it up by quite a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Wisconsin's highest court just ruled that ballot drop boxes are illegal. Or, close enough, anyhow. Yet another voting restriction, still horrible but nothing really new.

Trump said that means he should retroactively win Wisconsin by a lot.

No, really.

Speaker Robin Vos has a decision to make! Does Wisconsin RECLAIM the Electors, turn over the Election to the actual winner (by a lot!), or sit back and do nothing as our Country continues to go to HELL?
    Interesting idea. I wonder if it applies to votes bought by Russia in 2016. I wouldn't mind if Trump was retroactively unPresidented and all his bills signed into law removed. I think Trump would probably care, but it's both or neither, fatty.

Also, hey @cubby what does "ex post facto" mean? And how do you feel about leading the witness?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So Wisconsin's highest court just ruled that ballot drop boxes are illegal. Or, close enough, anyhow. Yet another voting restriction, still horrible but nothing really new.

Trump said that means he should retroactively win Wisconsin by a lot.

No, really.
    [Speaker Robin Vos has a decision to make! Does Wisconsin RECLAIM the Electors, turn over the Election to the actual winner (by a lot!), or sit back and do nothing as our Country continues to go to HELL?]
    Interesting idea. I wonder if it applies to votes bought by Russia in 2016. I wouldn't mind if Trump was retroactively unPresidented and all his bills signed into law removed. I think Trump would probably care, but it's both or neither, fatty.

Also, hey @cubby what does "ex post facto" mean? And how do you feel about leading the witness?
    I saw this as well - the 4-3 ruling from the slim-margin conservative Wisconsin State Supreme Court actually said, that because ballot boxes aren't specifically listed in the voting rules, they are illegal to use.

This is all going to get much worse. I'm seeing moves by the GQP to handily take over essentially all the vote counting for Electors in the Presidential races going forward. As Stalin once said, it's not the votes that matter, but those that count them (never actually attributed). The GQP certainly loves it's dictator role models.

10+ Year Old Account
    With Musk walking away from the Twitter deal, it looks like Trump's ban will remain permanent/indefinite/fat and the issue will stop being Trump-centric.

This Axios piece seems like a fitting send-off, explaining what happens to Twitter next. This is my favorite piece:

Twitter faces the daunting task of trying to fight Musk in court while restoring morale and plotting a new course.

With the stock down considerably from Musk's original price, and no clear internal plan to reach that valuation, the company could also be on the lookout for another buyer.

But regulators' newly aggressive anti-merger policies likely rule out many of the acquirers who might have the resources to get Twitter on track.
    If Musk can't/won't do it, Trump can't do it either. It will be somewhere between "interesting" and "hilarious" to see what happens to CyberTrump 2077 now. I don't see the DWAC purchase going through, therefore I don't see CyberTrump 2077 getting any real funding, leaving all six of their users in a low-rent clone from a public source that's asking to be hacked.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope Bannon doesn't have any important plans. According to this court filing, Trump isn't revoking claims of Executive Time protecting Bannon. He never made them in the first place.

Oh, and the filing also echoes everyone else, in saying it wouldn't have mattered even if Trump had tried to assert privilege.

Yeah, I know, big surprise. Trump and Bannon are lying.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/11/h...-dallas-texas/

Fuckin lol. Texas Republicans are importing Viktor Orban to come speak at CPAC in August.

I'm increasingly thinking we need to take all the outrageously ludicrous shit these fuckin crazy fucks have been saying seriously. Maybe they're actually gonna take a crack a seceding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas Republicans are importing Viktor Orban to come speak at CPAC in August.
    They must be starved for guests.

7+ Year Old Account
    https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/11/h...-dallas-texas/

Fuckin lol. Texas Republicans are importing Viktor Orban to come speak at CPAC in August.

I'm increasingly thinking we need to take all the outrageously ludicrous shit these fuckin crazy fucks have been saying seriously. Maybe they're actually gonna take a crack a seceding.
    LMFAO...the fucking irony of this statement by Orban:

“Number four, my dear friends, have your media. You can only present the stupidity of the leftist progressives if you have the media to do it,” Orban said. “Leftist opinion can only seem to be a majority because the media helps them to increase their voice.”

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    LMFAO...the fucking irony of this statement by Orban:

“Number four, my dear friends, have your media. You can only present the stupidity of the leftist progressives if you have the media to do it,” Orban said. “Leftist opinion can only seem to be a majority because the media helps them to increase their voice.”
    Yeah, he's the seeming goal for many Republicans who desperately want to be autocrats.

10+ Year Old Account
    This Axios piece seems like a fitting send-off, explaining what happens to Twitter next.
    This one is better. It lists the winners and losers, and why.

1) Musk. Duh.

2) Twitter employees. They've been on a wild ride recently and had no control over it.

3) Twitter's board, who in retrospect, are asking why they even accepted the deal in the first place.

4) Just going to quote this one:

Musk fanboys (and fangirls), many of whom mistook Chutes and Ladders for 3D chess.
    Axios has tracked down a theory just wild enough to be Trumpian: this was all part of Musk's master plan for Twitter to sue, then in court, reveal how many bots they had. Which wouldn't work. Musk is the one walking away from the contract, he has to prove there's a problem to break the contract.

The list of winners? Lawyers for both parties and their increasingly fat wallets.

4) Just going to quote this one:
    Trying to keep track of the opinion of Musk stans on this has been a trip. I'm surprised they're not more into gender fluidity, because their opinions are approaching superfluidity on how seemlessly and quickly they can flip.

More like quantum superposition.

Axios has tracked down a theory just wild enough to be Trumpian: this was all part of Musk's master plan for Twitter to sue, then in court, reveal how many bots they had. Which wouldn't work. Musk is the one walking away from the contract, he has to prove there's a problem to break the contract.

The list of winners? Lawyers for both parties and their increasingly fat wallets.
    Pretty sure you'd be able to get discovery, which would include all emails of discussions related to the # of bots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Pretty sure you'd be able to get discovery, which would include all emails of discussions related to the # of bots.
    The article I quoted threw cold water on the idea. One, Delaware is insanely protective of corporations, and isn't likely to let people break contracts just to get "free discovery" fishing expeditions. If Musk broke the contract, he needs to have a reason before being sued for breaking contract. (He claims he has one, he claims Twitter didn't hand over the info he asked for, I don't think he can back that up). Two, the penalty on tap is a billion dollars or more. The conspiracy theory is that Musk could get that information by breaking contract and being sued and getting discovery, but I'm pretty sure you could do your own study for way less than a billion dollars. Twitter posts are public.

The article I quoted threw cold water on the idea.
    I couldn't find the word discovery in either of the axios articles you linked. Discovery occurs in basically all civil trials. The conspiracy theory is nonsense. It's just musk either trying to get out of the deal or trying to renegotiate the price. Who knows if it will work, but if he gets sued, he'll absolutely get discovery.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/polit...-us/index.html

Rep. Chip Roy, a Texas Republican, has twice in the past three days promoted a fictional online rumor that Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau fled to the United States because of a protest in Ottawa by a group of truck drivers and others opposed to vaccine mandates, Covid-19 restrictions and Trudeau himself.

Roy even called for Trudeau, who was not in the US, to be deported.
    Chip Roy is a fucking dishonest retard. That's all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I couldn't find the word discovery in either of the axios articles you linked.
    It does say

they're peddling a theory that Musk only walked away to spark a lawsuit that will force Twitter to reveal additional "bot" data in court
    which I believe is the issue you were talking about.

It does say
    which I believe is the issue you were talking about.
    Yeah, those people are dumb, but the article isn't saying musk isn't going to get discovery, just that that's a dumb take.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/01/polit...-us/index.html

Chip Roy is a fucking dishonest retard. That's all.
    Reality: Truck convoy morons claimed they were gonna retake the Capital after their failed bullshit last time, and a grand total of like 40 people actually showed up. I've been to family reunion barbeques in the park with more people present.

They were basically being arrested and towed as soon as they got into the downtown area, if they were trying to pull shenanigans.

Oh, and Tamara Lich got her bail revoked for flagrantly ignoring the terms of her bail; https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...ch-denied-bail

Anyone selling you the idea that the trucker convoy idiots are anything but an ongoing hilarious embarrassment to themselves and their movement is selling you disinformation.

Here's another theory
    How Elon’s bizarre Twitter takeover saga could have just been a cover for him to sell $8.5 billion in Tesla stock